Irish Wolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Sneezy
Mood: Meh...
Location: If I told you...well let's just say it wouldn't be good

Why do you like werewolves?

Post by Irish Wolf »

I didn't see a topic about this and hope its in the right place.

Why do you like or want to be a werewolf or other any other werecreature? :?

I like werewolves because i love wolves and the ability to change into one would be awesome. I would want to be one because i can only imagine what it would be like to run in the dark as a wolf, it gives me a thrill as it is.
WolfmanBrooks101189
Pack Member
Pack Member
Custom Title: The Wolfish Hero

Post by WolfmanBrooks101189 »

For me, I would have to say the whole concept of the werewolf is what attracted me to it. Also, the reason why I like werewolves is because one of the first horror movies I saw was about werewolves (The Howling). After that, I just can't get enough of them. Also, I've gotten sick of all the vampire novels and movies that are released just about every week while the werewolf genre seems to be fading away into the shadows.
Ya best start believin' in Werewolf stories Miss. Turner, you're in one. . . .

Berserker
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Berserker »

The interaction of human and animal of course. Wolves are the living symbol of nature, and they embody the feral, wild spirit of freedom attached to it. To touch this spirit, to have a human mental capability along with the primal, instinctual faculty and body of a wolf, would be one of the highest experiences possible. The sensations and comprehensions that such a change would unlock are both incredible and unique.
Last edited by Berserker on Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Angel Wolf23
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

Why i love beaing what i am.

Post by Angel Wolf23 »

I have always had a connection with wolves , I could always look at one on the land i grew up on and understand them they never growled at me, and i never gave them reason to i would instead run with them threw the woods, I was born what i am my father is a Irish wolf that is where all my gifts come from. I will never give up who or what i am and i stand proud now as an Alpha female with my pack they are not all wolves but some are other kin or mixed. :howl:  :oo
"To look into the eyes of a wolf is to see into your own soul"
Berserker
Legendary
Legendary

Re: Why i love beaing what i am.

Post by Berserker »

Angel Wolf23 wrote:i would instead run with them threw the woods, I was born what i am my father is a Irish wolf that is where all my gifts come from. I will never give up who or what i am and i stand proud now as an Alpha female with my pack they are not all wolves but some are other kin or mixed. :howl:  :oo
:wink: The roleplaying forum is that way. ---->
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

Berserker wrote:The interaction of human and animal of course. Wolves are the living symbol of nature and the feral, wild spirit of freedom attached to it. To touch this spirit, to have a human mental capability with the primal, instinctual faculty and body of a wolf, would be one of the highest experiences possible. The sensations and comprehensions that such a change would unlock are both incredible and unique.
Exactly what I would have said. Except a lot better worded.

Personally, the concept of duality always interested me. If anything, the werewolf is basically one large metaphor -- the innerbeast, the unfullfilled instincts and desires, and connection between man and animal, humanity and nature, intelligence and intuition, change and freedom...etc etc.

Of course, on the other hand. Simply put, Werewolves are just frickin' sweet.
darkest wolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: "Begin the day with a friendly voice- a companion unobtrusive, plays that song that's so elusive and the magic music makes your morning mood..."- The Spirit of Radio- Rush
Additional Details: l------------l
l------------l
l------5--3--l
l-3----5--3--l
l-3----3--1--l
l-1----------l
Mood: Excited

Post by darkest wolf »

Berserker wrote:The interaction of human and animal of course. Wolves are the living symbol of nature and the feral, wild spirit of freedom attached to it. To touch this spirit, to have a human mental capability with the primal, instinctual faculty and body of a wolf, would be one of the highest experiences possible. The sensations and comprehensions that such a change would unlock are both incredible and unique.
You pretty much summed it up for me as well...

-Photo and avatar by takyoji

"He who dares wins."- Winston Churchill
Angel Wolf23
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

Post by Angel Wolf23 »

Berserker wrote:
Angel Wolf23 wrote:i would instead run with them threw the woods, I was born what i am my father is a Irish wolf that is where all my gifts come from. I will never give up who or what i am and i stand proud now as an Alpha female with my pack they are not all wolves but some are other kin or mixed. :howl:  :oo
For your information i was not RPing .... :roll:
Berserker
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Berserker »

Angel Wolf23 wrote:
Berserker wrote:
Ah, I see now. You were being metaphorical. :)
Angel Wolf23
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

Post by Angel Wolf23 »

Berserker wrote:
Angel Wolf23 wrote:
Berserker wrote:
Hmm not sure if you was being sarcastic ... but any way its nice to meet you hope we did not get off to a bad start. :wink:
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh

Post by RedEye »

Be careful! There are people who think that Werewolves really do exist around here...

And they get in the way of the rest of us...nosy smoothskinned humans who haul cameras and night vision stuff...

So for safety, we assume that the People are just legends (get it?)
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
Lukas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: living
Mood: Indifferent

Post by Lukas »

i started getting into werewolves when i read some books on them (no not <u>Blood or chocolate</u>), soon i came to this board when i did a random search on werewolves, at the time i believe there was a good chance of werewolves being real, later i started maturing and then figured that there was a infinitely better chance of physical werewolves being fake, also i noticed that my interest in werewolves diminished under my ever growing interest in real wolves, but i still like the forums so I stuck around, once in awhile getting involved but mostly i just watched and tried to learn all i can from other fields other then werewolf
(for every afro avatar, a funky man loses his hair, please, think of undercover brother)
WerewolfKeeper3
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Darkness Surrounds me, Chaos commands me, and i see what others cannot
Mood: Relief

Post by WerewolfKeeper3 »

I started off liking werewolves, because i basically hated myself. I was weak, pathetic, and usually let the emotions build until i... started thinking about bad things. The powere was what i was after, but, then i found goldenwolf's site, and things changed. I liked the way she drew them with power, but retained beauty in everything she drew. Even some that included frightening images, were incrediably done. Okay, enough of me drooling over her work... the ability to become something else, something not human, has always fascinated me. THat, and barely remembering Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles reruns when they still had them on, i liked the anthro stuff too. Yes, i liked TMNT, the original when i was younger. Was barely five, i think, when they stopped running them, so remembering the part of the ending credits on the television downstairs is doing good i think. ANyway, enough of me blathering on. I like the power, and beauty of the creatures...

Still don't like things about myself... but i'm learning to live with them...
No what you have are bullets in the hope that when your guns are empty I'm no longer standing. Because if I am, you'll all be before you've reloaded.
V, from V for Vendetta.

What a strange creature is man, that he cages himself so willingly?
-Athena from Appleseed (2004)
O Pianista
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Malkavian Prince

Post by O Pianista »

If reincarnation exists... I Would like to be a wolf or a fox :shift:
Legendary
Custom Title: A life does not have to be human to be great.

Post by Sioux »

Edit. :D
Last edited by Sioux on Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

Sioux wrote:Hmmm. How interesting. I think the question we should be asking is, "What kind of werewolf are you?" No, I'm not talking about breed. All I'm asking is, do you sense shift, wild shift, dream shift, lucid dream shift, astral shift, mental shift, phantom, shift, auric shift, or, do you physically shift?
Wooaaah, what is the new lingo turning into these days?
:P
Sioux
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: A life does not have to be human to be great.

Post by Sioux »

outwarddoodles wrote:
Sioux wrote:Hmmm. How interesting. I think the question we should be asking is, "What kind of werewolf are you?" No, I'm not talking about breed. All I'm asking is, do you sense shift, wild shift, dream shift, lucid dream shift, astral shift, mental shift, phantom, shift, auric shift, or, do you physically shift?
Wooaaah, what is the new lingo turning into these days?
:P
Sorry outwarddoodles, I'm not really familiar(as you can clearly see) with the proper terms. I got those terms from a site which I thought were correct.
IndianaJones
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Anime/Furry/Disney Fanatic
Additional Details: I like transformations and humans being turned into animals, furries, and monsters.

Post by IndianaJones »

Long Story Short, it first involves cartoons and movies that has good and evil werewolf characters in it and then the positive side of the Furry Fandom.

I love werewolves, they are the most interesting complex creatures when Hollywood doesn't stereotype and portray in the wrong light.

I don't care if my girlfriend is a werewolf and her chest is hairier than mines. But I don't want her to wind up being a cursed one or a newly-turned one. Because it is hard to control the beast within, if you are not used to it. A natural-born werewolf is my style.
Disney/Disneyland fans and theme parks!
http://micechat.com/

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ZanderFox/
Baphnedia

Post by Baphnedia »

Hmm....

I like werewolves... for fast-food runs?
Everyday should be Towel Day.
Sekrit Identity: What?
Paradice Games: .com, Forums & Facebook
WerewolfKeeper3
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Darkness Surrounds me, Chaos commands me, and i see what others cannot

Post by WerewolfKeeper3 »

Baphnedia wrote:Hmm....

I like werewolves... for fast-food runs?
(Hey! If we lnew you were like that, they wouldn't have let oyu in!)
He was kidding... besides... there are more werewolves than dragons around here. :evil:
(Hmmm... stripped carcass, in other words?)
Duh...
No what you have are bullets in the hope that when your guns are empty I'm no longer standing. Because if I am, you'll all be before you've reloaded.
V, from V for Vendetta.

What a strange creature is man, that he cages himself so willingly?
-Athena from Appleseed (2004)
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh

Post by RedEye »

Why do I like Werewolves...as compared to what? Accordions? DOT.com companies? The tag on the end of the matress that says "Do not remove under penalty of law"?

I like Werewolves because: they are self cleaning, because they are Certified Organic, because they have 35% fewer cavities, because they don't call you at dinnertime to sell you plastic siding, because they don't ask you for "spare change", and because they are inherently likable.

That's why I like Werewolves. :lol:
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
John Wolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Timber Wolf
Mood: Happy

Re: Why do you like werewolves?

Post by John Wolf »

Irish Wolf wrote:I didn't see a topic about this and hope its in the right place.

Why do you like or want to be a werewolf or other any other werecreature? :?

I like werewolves because i love wolves and the ability to change into one would be awesome. I would want to be one because i can only imagine what it would be like to run in the dark as a wolf, it gives me a thrill as it is.
Yeah your lycan creature looks fairly cool. Though I don't really know. :)
Free Scotland/Ireland From English Tyranny 2009

Change Favours The Prepared Mind
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets
Mood: Indifferent

Post by MoonKit »

Sioux wrote:
Angel Wolf23 wrote:
Berserker wrote:
Angel Wolf23 wrote:
Berserker wrote:
Hmm not sure if you was being sarcastic ... but any way its nice to meet you hope we did not get off to a bad start. :wink:
Hmmm. How interesting. I think the question we should be asking is, "What kind of werewolf are you?" No, I'm not talking about breed. All I'm asking is, do you sense shift, wild shift, dream shift, lucid dream shift, astral shift, mental shift, phantom, shift, auric shift, or, do you physically shift?
Just to let you know, while there are some therians/weres on this board, the rest of them dont take too kindly to discussing them. Try and stay focused on "real" werewolves. :wink:
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
Jarden
Pack Member
Pack Member

Post by Jarden »

For me the biggest appeal is the togetherness. The feeling of belonging. Being a loner all my life that's pretty comfortable. Not to mention the wolfy benefits(strength, claws, speed)
"River running free, You know how I feel" --Feeling Good.
Which, at 3 AM, didn't make any sense to me. The river is (usually,) always running. So, it really wouldn't know how he felt. Imagine what the river would give to play a game, write a play or run right back up the hill. Now, that's freedom.
Alpha
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Stressed

Post by Alpha »

Why do I like or would want to be a werewolf? Hmmm......... let's see - enormous strength, increased agility, virtual immortality, immunity from diseases and sharper senses even when not in gestalt form. A better question would be - what is there not to like? :wink: