Go see WALL-E!

Talk about movies, and whatnot, upcoming flicks, and current releases.
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

Go see WALL-E!

Post by MattSullivan »

Saw a midnight showing, and I'm still smiling. This is right up there with THE INCREDIBLES as far as I'm concerned. Charming, funny, and surprisingly subversive. Robots are potentially the most un-lifelike things and yet, this film makes them incredible characters.

First Kung Fu Panda...now this amazing film. It's a good summer for animation! ^-^
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Im with you Matt. I been wanting to see this movie ever since I first heard of it . :D
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Sioux
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: A life does not have to be human to be great.

Post by Sioux »

I had in mind to go see a 7:00 pm show tonight but, I'm backing out of it. As much as I want to see WALL-E, I'd enjoy it much more without the nuisance of a packed theater. When I went to see The Happening, there was only a total of five people in the theater, including myself and family. The two strangers behind us talked continuously through the whole thing. I mean, do people not know that your not supposed to talk during a movie, atleast one at the theater? Are you unaware that there are other people around you? Anyway, by the end of the film I was close to boiling over. I should have politely asked them to be quite but, I thought they'd just say whatever and continue on with their conversation. For some strange reason that's beyond me, some people get so pissed off when you ask them(even politely) to be quite. They'll talk even louder, shake their candy and popcorn bags all in an atempt to piss you off even more. It's all verying annoying! It makes going to the theater almost troublesome because of the people you encounter.

So, If I can't handle even two people, there's just no way I'll be able to handle a packed theater. I'll go see it after its been out for a couple of weeks.
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MattSullivan »

Yeah. Okay. now let's tkl about the actual MOVIE, not your movie-going gripes.
Wise Pillow
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

Post by Wise Pillow »

MattSullivan wrote:Yeah. Okay. now let's tkl about the actual MOVIE, not your movie-going gripes.
:P Jesus Matt? What on earth is your problem. We can talk our "movie-going gripes" if we want. Take a chill pill and calm down. Okay? That was a little uncalled for.

Yeah, I'm with you there Sioux. But my bad experience happened when I went to see Finding Nemo on the first day it came out. No seats(even when I tried to get there early), people talking through it, kids wouldn't shut up, people throwing popcorn, etc. I'm probably going to see it next weekand. Looks great!
I could care less if I'm a freak. I don't care what other people think about me. I am me. I am different from the masses of society in unquie and profound ways. Anyway, being physically different would trouble me not.

tyger
Legendary
Legendary

Post by tyger »

...<.<...Waaahhhhlleeee!! oh dude that was so much fun. I don't think I've ever enjoyed a movie quite as much with a main character who never actually says a word. just some odd noises that emulate words but no real words. ^_^ it was so fun and Wall-e is so cute I want one!
Sioux
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: A life does not have to be human to be great.

Post by Sioux »

Well, after spouting that griping nonsense above, I went ahead and saw the movie according to plan.
And, actually, seeing it opening night wasn't all that bad.

All I can say on the movie is, amazing. Truely amazing. The best Pixar animation I've seen so far.
If you haven't seen this movie yet then get your behind down to the theater as soon as possible. You don't want to wait for this one, its a must see. :D
punxnotdead
Legendary
Legendary

Post by punxnotdead »

I think I may actaully go see it. I was initially turned off by the previews, but what people have told me about it compells me to watch it - maybe sometime this weekend.
Smallville fan!
Berserker
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Berserker »

I saw it and thought it was fantastic. There were maybe 50 little kids in the theater. There wasn't a peep out of any of them. I don't think little kids will understand much about this movie; in fact, it isn't a kiddie movie at all. Finding Nemo was much more kid-friendly.
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets
Mood: Indifferent

Re: Go see WALL-E!

Post by MoonKit »

There was a woman who was sitting behind us and she actually said "well, at least the kids liked it" when the credits rolled.

:o How could you NOT like this movie?
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MattSullivan »

Seriously, what was she expecting? ??
Xiroteus
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Happy

Post by Xiroteus »

MoonKit wrote:
I have no idea, I like it and I have NOT even seen it yet. :D
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets
Mood: Indifferent

Post by MoonKit »

Xiroteus wrote:
MoonKit wrote:
I have no idea, I like it and I have NOT even seen it yet. :D
:lol: Go see it then!
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
Xiroteus
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Happy

Post by Xiroteus »

Yep, what is this now, movie one of twenty for this year, a lot of good films this year.