New webcomic (WIP)

The place for anything at all...
Infinite_Path
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
Custom Title: Time's Riverbed

New webcomic (WIP)

Post by Infinite_Path »

I've started looking into making a webcomic of my own, with one of the characters being a werewolf. (not the main character though)

So, I just wanted to ask, what context do you think it would be fitting for the were to appear in. Like, should he/she be hiding in the suburbs, feral woods-dweller, part of some hunter gatherer tribe...

Oh, and is there a he-she preference?
Life is like Pi, it goes forever, yet never repeats. (and is best served with ice cream)
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets
Mood: Indifferent

Post by MoonKit »

I think we need to know more about the story. At least the setting and time period.
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
O Pianista
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Malkavian Prince

Post by O Pianista »

You could tell how he get bitten

A cold library. On a chair a man reads a book distracted, suddenly he hears sothing from the other side of the shelves. He thought it was just a cat but when he looks, gets surprised by a beautiful woman with a long black dress and blue deep eyes. A Symbol appears on her neck... she asked him to stay quiet . She turns to a broken opened window, and there the Moon shows her true form. Until the fact the man couln't describe what he saw... since then he become one of "us".

Then use your imagination to continue
Legendary
Legendary

Post by O Pianista »

Sorry if I have problems with grammar... I'm learning it :^)
It was easier if I could make it in portuguese :/
Pack Leader

Post by Infinite_Path »

The thing is that the story will be set on different worlds, each one it's own little story arc. Thus, I can do virtually whatever I want with the part where the werewolf comes in.

Hence the question, what context shoud he/she be in? And I'm not looking for backstory, just where it would seem right to find a were living.
Life is like Pi, it goes forever, yet never repeats. (and is best served with ice cream)
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

It REALLY depends on the setting. I mean, not just "should it be a native american or a german" but, REALLY. Details! City? Rural? Fantasy?
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

I think your best bet is to go for anything.

I may think a werewolf should live in the woods, but by making the werewolf, say, live in the city, you're able to characterize the werewolf even furthur by explaining why they live in the city, how they get around shifting near public places, how they get acess to forests, etc etc.

If anything, take some time to flesh out your characters and story line. Any gender, location, personality, whatever. There's no great formula for a good story other than strong characters -- location isn't all that big of a deal.
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets
Mood: Indifferent

Post by MoonKit »

Since you've got a whole bunch of worlds...be crazy with it!

Make him/her like the last thing you would expect from a werewolf.
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
Baphnedia

Post by Baphnedia »

I do sort of the opposite - which may or may not be up to any good. I usually write it first, and get feedback later (since you're the only one who has your webcomic envisioned).
Everyday should be Towel Day.
Sekrit Identity: What?
Paradice Games: .com, Forums & Facebook
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

Hmmmm: You might use something other than the "bite" to start the Lupanizing of the hero(ine) of the story.
In fact, trying to figure out how he/she was turned might be a part of the story itself; if the lead character didn't know how it happened.

That's just the Crossing Over (becoming a Werewolf). That could set up any number of interesting storylines for after the Crossing is done.

6-29-08: I just realized this is a good short story to try out in the Wulfen Universe. Duh to the power of Duh...( Duh squared)
Last edited by RedEye on Sun Jun 29, 2008 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
Infinite_Path
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

Post by Infinite_Path »

Kzinistzerg wrote:It REALLY depends on the setting. I mean, not just "should it be a native american or a german" but, REALLY. Details! City? Rural? Fantasy?
Hmm, it seems your point had more validity than I anticipated.

Okay, setting wise, this is largely going to be a sci-fi adventure. "Life and death in the open void of space" kind of thing. However a lot of it will be visiting planets of a much lower technological sophistication. Which means I can have some sword and sorcery stuff thrown in. Thus, I wasn't sure whether the were should appear on an advanced world, or a primitive one.

Oh, and one other thing, the main character, is not a were, and will never become one, because they aren't human to begin with. To tell you what they are would require me to explain what a "Nalis" is, which is a post in and of itself.

(however, if you are curious, PM me and I'll explain) :D
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise
Mood: RAR!

Post by Kaebora »

Take some creative license into your own hands. You don't really have to be influenced over what others want to see. I'd say make the werewolf to fit your story, rather than what is popularly known about werewolf lore. If you really want to make it interesting, make it a werewolf that is unlike what we're used to. Figarou's ducky-throwing werewolf is already a big head turning sensation because its vastly different.
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora
O Pianista
Legendary
Legendary

Post by O Pianista »

What about dark cultists summoning an ancient creature ( werewolf )... slaughter... then somehow he turns your character into another