New things

Here is where you can find whats happening on the website, and current, and future updates.
takyoji
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Busy

New things

Post by takyoji »

Now that we've upgraded to phpBB 3, we have a little more availability of what we can do with the forum.

We can have custom fields in the profile, we can have subforums (a board inside of board), we can now put attachments on the posts, we can make our own BBCode tags, we can embed flash animations in posts, and other various things as well. So by all means feel free to suggest ideas of things to add. Such as custom profile fields like a short biography section for example.
Avatar original image by "sometimesong" of Flickr, released under the Creative Commons license (share-alike, attribution, non-commercial, no-derivatives)
Kelpten
Legendary
Legendary

Re: New things

Post by Kelpten »

Nooooo! I was still using the old format, and now it's gone forever! Oh well, I guess this is just the opportunity to adjust to the new look, which I never bothered to use before this.

I WILL SURVIVE! :explode2:
takyoji
Legendary
Legendary

Post by takyoji »

I could always spend another 8 hours or so converting the bsrf layout, but by then we'll probably even have a newer layout yet.
Avatar original image by "sometimesong" of Flickr, released under the Creative Commons license (share-alike, attribution, non-commercial, no-derivatives)
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

8 hours? What exactly do you have to do that takes that bloody long? :?
takyoji
Legendary
Legendary

Post by takyoji »

Match up every background image, color, size and make new images for like "warn", "report", and so on (since the old layout doesn't have such buttons). It probably won't take a full 8 hours, but still a decent amount of time.

Because I have to make sure the colors/images are correct for the: header, textboxes, links, text, buttons, forum link colors, the colors/images used on the topic view, the forum view, the private messages view, the user control panel, the registration form, etc. (even though I'm simply just changing things in the CSS file most of the time).