Talk about movies, and whatnot, upcoming flicks, and current releases.
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

What I believe to be the LAST episode of "Avatar" just finished airing.

Great, beautiful, and imaginative series full of strong, unique characters. But, in my opinion, the ending was sort of a let-down.

Thoughts? Reactions?
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
Xiroteus
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Happy

Post by Xiroteus »

I think it was well done, the entire series was, what part did you feel was a let down?
KittyRose
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Spotted Feline Writer

Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender

Post by KittyRose »

It was so amazing!
The whole scene with the LionTurtle was nicely done, especially the creature itself. And I thought it wrapped things up very well, even though I would've liked to know whether or not Zuko's mother was really alive or not.
DeviantART
Meez

:wolfpaint: Avatar created by Z
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

There ending just seemed to....end. Like the animators got bored. There were also a lot of detials left out (such as Zuko's mother, what happens in the more distant future, etc.) My only assumption is that they decided to leave space for posible sequels.

Otherwise, the series was BRILLIANT. Strong themes, great characters, unique and exciting setting -- deserving of every award it has achieved.
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
Xiroteus
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Xiroteus »

outwarddoodles wrote:There ending just seemed to....end. Like the animators got bored. There were also a lot of detials left out (such as Zuko's mother, what happens in the more distant future, etc.) My only assumption is that they decided to leave space for posible sequels.

Otherwise, the series was BRILLIANT. Strong themes, great characters, unique and exciting setting -- deserving of every award it has achieved.

They should have addressed Zoku's mother, and will Sokka find his space sword again. :D
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

Well if the series keeps up with its theme of cycles, shouldn't there be a fourth book (Air)?
KittyRose
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Spotted Feline Writer

Post by KittyRose »

Terastas wrote:Well if the series keeps up with its theme of cycles, shouldn't there be a fourth book (Air)?
That was one of the questions I had in mind. In some ways, I think they should've had a fourth book but that would've been stretching it a bit too far and placing in plot lines and stories that probably didn't really add to the story. Maybe the creators thought about a fourth book but decided not to because of the way the story was going.
DeviantART
Meez

:wolfpaint: Avatar created by Z
Xiroteus
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Xiroteus »

Terastas wrote:Well if the series keeps up with its theme of cycles, shouldn't there be a fourth book (Air)?
Since he already knew Air Bending, I assume they skipped a forth book because of it.
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

Xiroteus wrote:
Since he already knew Air Bending, I assume they skipped a forth book because of it.
True. Still, Aang did get some firebending training before he started with earth or water, so I always assumed the book titles were central to the tribes and the supporting characters. It started off with him being found by Katara and Sokka and ultimately traveling to the North Pole (Water), then being joined by Toph in the Earth Kingdom (Earth), and finally allying with Zuko against the Fire Nation (Fire). The book of Air, I figured, would be completely central around Aang, both in his efforts against Ozai, and also his efforts to rebuild his homeland and start a new tribe of Airbenders.

I do sort of get the impression that was the original plan, because the question of how the Avatar cycle will continue with all the Airbenders still dead and gone was just one of several questions left unanswered. It looked like they got their 4th season canned and had to rush it completion.

*sigh* And M. Night Shyamalan (AKA: the self-casted visionary martyr from Lady in the Water) is going to direct the movie. Man that's gonna' suck. :P
fenrisz
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: devourer of gods!

Post by fenrisz »

i honestly always was a fan of avatar and was incredibly suprised that they wernt pushed to make another season i mean seriously aang is still young they all are so i thought there would be alot more conflicts through out there lives i mean this was just one event that happened when he was young im sure that there would be other people who may try to seize power like ozai and it seemed like they were setting up for another season with it ending with the zukos mother thing but maybe im just being hope full cause i am hoping to continue it also what happened to iroh?
"the art of forgiveness is not one we're taught"

I have always felt that violence was the last refuge of the incompetent, and empty threats the last sanctuary of the terminally inept
Moss27
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Moon Hunter
Mood: Bored

Post by Moss27 »

I really need to catch up on cartoons.

For example:

I didn't know Aang had hair.

So... I really, really, seriously need to catch up. I think I'm going to watch it from the beginning again. XD
"I didn't do my homework, so why am I in trouble for something I didn't do?"
fenrisz
Legendary
Legendary

Post by fenrisz »

ya he grows it to fit in better when he goes to the fire nation (i guess arrows on his head wasnt normal for the other people in the fire nation who knew? ) but if its allowed this is the site where i watched the full avatar series along with all kinds of other animes and can read some man http://www.fun-world.co.nr/ i hope im not breakin any rules about posting links or anything like that if i am id be happy to edit it outa my post and apologize for breakin the rule if not then yay :lol:

I have always felt that violence was the last refuge of the incompetent, and empty threats the last sanctuary of the terminally inept
cjkrythos
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Full Moon Librarian

Post by cjkrythos »

arg, now ya all got my curiosity perked. Gonna have to check this one out and see whats up.
fenrisz
Legendary
Legendary

Post by fenrisz »

you should it was a good show and episode

CyberWolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by CyberWolf »

Fantastic ending, although it left us with many unanswered questions.

1. Is Zuko's mom alive? If so, where is she?
2. Did Hawky deliver Toph's message?
3. Will Toph's parents finally accept her?
4. The reason that Iroh could see spirits, is because he went to the spirit world once. Why did he go to the spirit world? To see his dead son? Or something else?
5. Will the Earth King rule Ba Sing Se again?
6. What are the Dai Lee scheming now? Returning to Ba Sing Se would mean a traitor's punishment. So where are they now?

Also, back in Season 1 or 2, Avatar Roku said that Sozin's comet would give Firelord Ozai enough power to make him stronger than all elements learned + Avatar State combined. Yet Ozai was like nothing compared to the Avatar State.

I also wonder why Zuko didn't mention to Aang that he is Roku's decendant, by telling the entire story from "The Avatar and the Fire Lord" and perhaps showing the crown. That way he might have been accepted faster during the "Western Air Temple".

At least they are making some minisodes (5 minutes episodes) to show some events after the finale.... After that a spinoff series.

I bet $100 that the Live Action Avatar movie will suck.