Paranormal Occurrences- Ever had Any?

The place for anything at all...
Konietzko
Legendary
Legendary

Re: Paranormal Occurrences- Ever had Any?

Post by Konietzko »

RedEye wrote:I just hope your car wasn't damaged. :(
:roflmao: I don't think it was possible to tell if that car was actually damaged. It was a running gag between me and the above mentioned friend that, one day, that car would leave me with just a seat, wheels, and an engine to drive, because the rest of it would crumble into dust in a severe windstorm someday. Being the rust bucket '87 Mustang that it was, and this being around...oh...'99, the car was about 13 years old, and while it ran beautifully...I was sometimes afraid to even drive it down a bumpy road for worry that it'd shake itself to smithereens on the way. :lol: An awful car bought by an 18 year old kid who figured "Meh, it just needs some body work, that won't be so expensive!" and so thought he was getting an awesome deal when, in fact, it turned out we were talking a near complete restoration of the body. :behappy: Worry not, I pawned it off on some other poor schmuck a year or so later.

Anyway...another interesting story. I noticed mention of telekinesis in an earlier post, and this story actually goes along with that. Once again, myself and the above mentioned friend are together. He's my brother in oddity, so most things that have been wild, weird or odd have happened during our forays into silliness. Anyway, this was right as Resident Evil 4 came out on the Gamecube. Being a movie and video game gorehound that we both are, it was a joyous day for the both of us when I managed to procure a copy of this game on release day. So I bring it over to his house, and we pop it in. We're getting hyped, adrenaline pumping...we're excited. Just as we get to a really, really intense moment in the game....I kid you not...we hear a tinny little 'pop" and "clink" from around the coffee table area. I pause the game, we look at each other, and over toward the end table near his couch to see an empty beer bottle...which had been sitting there perfectly normal for about two weeks(I know this because I was the one who left it there...a drinking glass that he'd had sitting on his coffee table for about three days had broken. Not fell over and broke, mind you...just...broke. The base of it was still sitting there, upright, and the broken pieces were sitting in the bottom of what was left of the glass, like it had been crushed from the outside.

Our theory is that we were so hyped by the game that, between the two of our energies, we triggered a mild telekinetic shockwave.
"Unchained,
Unrestrained,
Unbroken,
In my world...
The Gods have fangs."
WerewolfKeeper3
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Darkness Surrounds me, Chaos commands me, and i see what others cannot
Mood: Relief

Post by WerewolfKeeper3 »

tyger wrote:
WerewolfKeeper3 wrote: wait, um, did they say how fast the clouds gathered, and during what part of the ceremony?)
I don't really remember or think it mentioned that part at all.
(Okay... i was asking because if, say, the clouds gathered really fast during an important part of the ceremony, and the light shining through was in the shape of a tamahawk, the i'd be more inclined to believe it was supernatural... how ever, the human and have seen things in the clouds, everything from fire-birds, to a dog, and others haven't seen it... it was probably coicidence... now, the campsite on the otherhand...)
No what you have are bullets in the hope that when your guns are empty I'm no longer standing. Because if I am, you'll all be before you've reloaded.
V, from V for Vendetta.

What a strange creature is man, that he cages himself so willingly?
-Athena from Appleseed (2004)
WerewolfKeeper3
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Darkness Surrounds me, Chaos commands me, and i see what others cannot

Konietzko wrote:
RedEye wrote:I just hope your car wasn't damaged. :(
:roflmao: I don't think it was possible to tell if that car was actually damaged. It was a running gag between me and the above mentioned friend that, one day, that car would leave me with just a seat, wheels, and an engine to drive, because the rest of it would crumble into dust in a severe windstorm someday. Being the rust bucket '87 Mustang that it was, and this being around...oh...'99, the car was about 13 years old, and while it ran beautifully...I was sometimes afraid to even drive it down a bumpy road for worry that it'd shake itself to smithereens on the way. :lol: An awful car bought by an 18 year old kid who figured "Meh, it just needs some body work, that won't be so expensive!" and so thought he was getting an awesome deal when, in fact, it turned out we were talking a near complete restoration of the body. :behappy: Worry not, I pawned it off on some other poor schmuck a year or so later.

Anyway...another interesting story. I noticed mention of telekinesis in an earlier post, and this story actually goes along with that. Once again, myself and the above mentioned friend are together. He's my brother in oddity, so most things that have been wild, weird or odd have happened during our forays into silliness. Anyway, this was right as Resident Evil 4 came out on the Gamecube. Being a movie and video game gorehound that we both are, it was a joyous day for the both of us when I managed to procure a copy of this game on release day. So I bring it over to his house, and we pop it in. We're getting hyped, adrenaline pumping...we're excited. Just as we get to a really, really intense moment in the game....I kid you not...we hear a tinny little 'pop" and "clink" from around the coffee table area. I pause the game, we look at each other, and over toward the end table near his couch to see an empty beer bottle...which had been sitting there perfectly normal for about two weeks(I know this because I was the one who left it there...a drinking glass that he'd had sitting on his coffee table for about three days had broken. Not fell over and broke, mind you...just...broke. The base of it was still sitting there, upright, and the broken pieces were sitting in the bottom of what was left of the glass, like it had been crushed from the outside.

Our theory is that we were so hyped by the game that, between the two of our energies, we triggered a mild telekinetic shockwave.
It can happen... one of my friends said she threw an ashtray across the room once, without picking it up... the human mind is powerful, and, in the wrong hands...
(Could destroy the world mwuhahahahaha!.... Okay, so i was kidding... seriously though, mental energy, or thought as you call it, is just another form of energy... it's logical that it could be used as a aweapon...)
If properly focused, that is... i'd actually be more impressed, if you blew your TV out, or moved a table a foot... the glass... i don't really know why it shattered...
oh, and, as to the car...
(No comment)
I plead the fifth...
No what you have are bullets in the hope that when your guns are empty I'm no longer standing. Because if I am, you'll all be before you've reloaded.
V, from V for Vendetta.

RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

As I pointed out a few posts ago; what's lacking is competent training.

Now, all we have is either accident or "HowdIdothat?" occurrences. People who talk about training the mind usually have agendas that have nothing to do with mental training. :(

To make use of these abilities, you have to try to replicate the things that caused the "accident" to happen in the first place, and that is NOT easy...especially since (just like a Shift) anger and adrenalin seem to be the triggers. :x

Maybe the Piano lessons instead?
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
WerewolfKeeper3
Legendary
Legendary

RedEye wrote:As I pointed out a few posts ago; what's lacking is competent training.

Now, all we have is either accident or "HowdIdothat?" occurrences. People who talk about training the mind usually have agendas that have nothing to do with mental training. :(

To make use of these abilities, you have to try to replicate the things that caused the "accident" to happen in the first place, and that is NOT easy...especially since (just like a Shift) anger and adrenalin seem to be the triggers. :x

Maybe the Piano lessons instead?
Not always... or at least, not when dealing with clairvoyance... okay, i play a trading card game... someone, don't know if it's lewis or someone else, suggested in my head to get a certain booster pack. Guess what was in it? A super rare card everyone, right now at least, wants... and i can actually use it too... in those instances, i can't force the thought... i have to not think at all, and sometimes... i'm right... i was right again, when i shuffling through closed packs of cards and pulled out a single one. It had a rare card in it also; not as good as the first but... and so far, i don't think telekinesis is something everyone has... i've been pissed off before, but nothings ever exploded... or at least, not yet... hmm... maybe if i didn't internalise a lot of the stuff, anger could be a trigger... most of the time, though, i get headaches from stress. that's it... still practicing on getting my ability to pull good cards down... maybe i can move on past that to other things... or, more than likely, not... i don't know... but i'm willing to try... huh... it's kinda funny... what would it be like to be an actual psychic that can tell the fakes from the real deal? eh...
Besides... i like the piano, but i'd hate it by the time i was done learning... i'd make it sound horrible... worst part about that: i'm probably right... :(
V, from V for Vendetta.

RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

Cest la Vie...

"That's life" in French; in honor of Bastille day. :lol:
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
WerewolfKeeper3
Legendary
Legendary

RedEye wrote:Cest la Vie...

"That's life" in French; in honor of Bastille day. :lol:
eh...
( :lol: look at it this way: at least you'll stil like the piano. :D )
V, from V for Vendetta.

lycan94
Legendary
Legendary

Post by lycan94 »

I believe in ghosts, yes, most certanly. But... I have an insane respect for the dead. I live within walking distance of two graveyards. Anyways. One day, i was walking to the lybirary, and I saw some of the neighborhood punks tipping gravestones. So I went over to them and socked one of 'em. They all ran off after that, and of course they threatened to beat me up before they left. I fixed the stone and stood it up. That night, I had a weird dream in which a man in 1800's style clothes came up to me and said "Thank You." That was all he said, and I put the dream in the back of my mind, until I found out that one of the kids who tipped the stone had fallen and broke his arm and a few ribs (this was the kid the kid who did the tipping). It was enough to scare me into some reasearch. The grave was that of Robert Olson, born May 1 ,1799 died July 10, 1890, exactly 104 years before I was born. Even creepier? He was my great grandfather's godfather.
Death is the final reminder of our own mortality.
When all my ennimies die, I hope i have the strength to spit on their graves or the money to pay someone to do it for me
WerewolfKeeper3
Legendary
Legendary

lycan94 wrote:I believe in ghosts, yes, most certanly. But... I have an insane respect for the dead. I live within walking distance of two graveyards. Anyways. One day, i was walking to the lybirary, and I saw some of the neighborhood punks tipping gravestones. So I went over to them and socked one of 'em. They all ran off after that, and of course they threatened to beat me up before they left. I fixed the stone and stood it up. That night, I had a weird dream in which a man in 1800's style clothes came up to me and said "Thank You." That was all he said, and I put the dream in the back of my mind, until I found out that one of the kids who tipped the stone had fallen and broke his arm and a few ribs (this was the kid the kid who did the tipping). It was enough to scare me into some reasearch. The grave was that of Robert Olson, born May 1 ,1799 died July 10, 1890, exactly 104 years before I was born. Even creepier? He was my great grandfather's godfather.
:jawdrop: ... ... ...
(Huh... he's speechless...
Anyway, that's actually really cool. A hem...
PROOF THAT THE SPIRIT WORLD EXISTS RIGHT HERE!
Heh heh... sorry... anyway, the human has never really felt comfortable in cemetaries... he's afriad he'll do something wrong...)
V, from V for Vendetta.

IndianaJones
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Anime/Furry/Disney Fanatic
Additional Details: I like transformations and humans being turned into animals, furries, and monsters.

Post by IndianaJones »

I might call you, the infamous Undead Tamer, lycan94. :P
Disney/Disneyland fans and theme parks!
http://micechat.com/

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ZanderFox/
lycan94
Legendary
Legendary

Post by lycan94 »

Neh. I just did the right thing (besides, what if said god father of great grandfather got angry at me NOT fixing his gravestone? :evil: Don't wan't angry dead people on my trail.
Death is the final reminder of our own mortality.
When all my ennimies die, I hope i have the strength to spit on their graves or the money to pay someone to do it for me
WerewolfKeeper3
Legendary
Legendary

lycan94 wrote:Neh. I just did the right thing (besides, what if said god father of great grandfather got angry at me NOT fixing his gravestone? :evil: Don't wan't angry dead people on my trail.
(Yeah... Sixth Sense comes to mind...
"I see dead people"
And they don't like me...
{turns to human} no wonder you don't like cemetaries...)
Mmm-hmm... the dead probably put up with that kind of crap anyway. He was probably just glad you helped him... plus... i'd have done worse to the kid. He was stupid enough to tip over a headstone, he deserved to get his arm and a couple of ribs broken. You keep that up, don't be surprised if one of these days, someone tells you something important because you helped them out.
V, from V for Vendetta.

IndianaJones
Legendary
Legendary
Additional Details: I like transformations and humans being turned into animals, furries, and monsters.

Post by IndianaJones »

There's something strange in the neighborhood.

Who you gonna call?

GHOSTBUSTERS!!!

WerewolfKeeper3
Legendary
Legendary

IndianaJones wrote:There's something strange in the neighborhood.

Who you gonna call?

GHOSTBUSTERS!!!

... KILL THE PUNSTER, KILL THE PUNSTER! :D That was the worst joke/pun or something that i've ever heard...
( :roflmao: OH GOD! That was funny! :roflmao: )
V, from V for Vendetta.

Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

I tend to have them fairly often, though I don't often talk about them. Not so much any personal insecurities or emotional uneasiness so much as not having any specific need to convince others. To me, the paranormal is a fact of life; it's a collection of phenomena that have yet to be explained, but are still real, coupled with a larger set of possible but unlikely phenomena lumped in. (I'm annoyed when the word "occult" is used, usually by Fundamentalist religious leaders, trying to manufacture a notion of fear and unholiness.) As a Wiccan, my normal religious practices sometimes border on paranormal. I have also experienced both passively and through intention events that seem improbable but plausible by themselves but add up to an awful lot of "coincidences."

Probably the best example of such was when I went to a Six Flags theme park in 1995, having just moved into the Dallas/Fort Worth area to go to medical school. Several of us new students decided to go as a chance to get to know each other better. Our first ride and my first roller coaster ever was one known as the "Texas Giant." After riding it and three or four other rides, I noticed that my car keys were missing, having fallen out of my pockets on one of the rides. I did not know which one. I told the others I was not going to let the lost keys spoil my night, and furthermore that I would get them back; I decided that they fell out while riding the Texas Giant, and that they would be found by the staff. We would ride it a second time, and afterwards I would get off and ask at the control station if the keys were found for a Hyundai Elantra, my car at the time, and that they would hand them over to me. I also told the others that I was visualizing this happening. I mentioned the full moon and how it enhanced the ability to do "spellwork," though I did not specifically mention my newly discovered Wiccan faith. We did ride the Texas Giant shortly afterwards, and I went through the motions I had envisioned, and the keys did turn up, in spite of the darkness and the size of the grassy ground underneath the roller coaster. I got wrong the face of the person at the control station, but I got right the important part about getting the keys back, all the while spooking my company.

Back in high school, I felt that I was stuck in a very mundane realm, one in which I heard about paranormal phenomena but never got to experience it personally. But, now it's fairly commonplace for me to experience events some might consider strange. I have had some luck attempting astral projection a few years back a few times, for instance, and some ghost sightings.

Only one was scary--a hospital bed that rattled in a room in which other night staff workers had previously reported hearing sad wailings. I tried communicating, offering yes-no questions, but the rattling, presumed spirit, was not willing or able to cooperate. None-the-less, the bed responded to movement and more loudly when I talked directly to it, shaking and creaking as though someone had grabbed onto a rail and vigorously shook it. I had heard second-hand that maintainance staff were unable to find a mundane source of the rattling, and no basic electromagnetic phenomena or simple air conditioning problem in the room could account for the force of the shaking or its tendency to respond specifically to people in the room. In another ER where I work, monitors are frequently prone to giving pulse rates and pulse oximetry readings even when they're not connected to anyone. The nurses have nick-named this ghost phenomenon "Charlie." In neither case do I know of a specific traumatic death to account for the ghosts, but untimely deaths are frequent, even routine, in the medical setting.

When buying real estate, whether or not traumatic deaths occurred on the property are part of my standard list of questions, just like property inspections, homeowner's association membership, or the threat of eminent domain. One house I lived in for three years had a previous owner die of natural causes, but no phenomena seemed to have stemmed from her. The house before had a resident ghost cat, a little black kitty cat that would appear in the corner of one's eyesight briefly; my wife and I both saw the cat fairly often, as did occasionally guests, though the presence was a purely benign one.

I've never been to my knowledge abducted by aliens, but I know two people who claim to have been. Neither recommend it.

Probably the eeriest paranormal experience was when I worked in the ER a few years back as a resident. The attending doctor, the nurses, and I were sitting around, talking about dreams, and I told them about one I had, in which I was an American operative, working in Afghanistan against the Taliban. I was out to find, possibly assassinate their leader, who was a bearded man who "looked somewhat like Fiedel Castro." I was cornered by an enemy fighter, until I realized that she was a woman in disguise as a man and a fellow American operative. That was the end of the dream. I had previously learned of the Taliban and their suppression of women's rights. But, what I did not know was what they in real life were planning the following day. The dream was on the morning of September 10th, 2001. We were astonished when we learned the afternoon of the eleventh that fighting broke out in Afghanistan, and that the Taliban were tentatively being implicated in the unfolding attacks. One of the nurses working that day had dreamed the morning before work of running through city streets from a series of explosions, which the dream described as a "national emergency." I postulated that the September 11th attacks were sending out psychic shockwaves forwards and backwards through time, stronger as we neared the event and weakening afterwards. Unfortunately, none of us got enough information out of these vague premonitions to come anywhere close to stopping it--just enough to make us wary of any disaster dream. But, I've had worse catastrophe dreams that did not seem to predict anything other than resolving personal issues or needing not to work so many hours.

Believe it... or not...

(end music) Next on Discover TV: The universe is expanding at an accelerated pace; find out the six simple steps you can do to keep up...
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
WerewolfKeeper3
Legendary
Legendary

Scott Gardener wrote:I tend to have them fairly often, though I don't often talk about them. Not so much any personal insecurities or emotional uneasiness so much as not having any specific need to convince others. To me, the paranormal is a fact of life; it's a collection of phenomena that have yet to be explained, but are still real, coupled with a larger set of possible but unlikely phenomena lumped in. (I'm annoyed when the word "occult" is used, usually by Fundamentalist religious leaders, trying to manufacture a notion of fear and unholiness.) As a Wiccan, my normal religious practices sometimes border on paranormal. I have also experienced both passively and through intention events that seem improbable but plausible by themselves but add up to an awful lot of "coincidences."

Probably the best example of such was when I went to a Six Flags theme park in 1995, having just moved into the Dallas/Fort Worth area to go to medical school. Several of us new students decided to go as a chance to get to know each other better. Our first ride and my first roller coaster ever was one known as the "Texas Giant." After riding it and three or four other rides, I noticed that my car keys were missing, having fallen out of my pockets on one of the rides. I did not know which one. I told the others I was not going to let the lost keys spoil my night, and furthermore that I would get them back; I decided that they fell out while riding the Texas Giant, and that they would be found by the staff. We would ride it a second time, and afterwards I would get off and ask at the control station if the keys were found for a Hyundai Elantra, my car at the time, and that they would hand them over to me. I also told the others that I was visualizing this happening. I mentioned the full moon and how it enhanced the ability to do "spellwork," though I did not specifically mention my newly discovered Wiccan faith. We did ride the Texas Giant shortly afterwards, and I went through the motions I had envisioned, and the keys did turn up, in spite of the darkness and the size of the grassy ground underneath the roller coaster. I got wrong the face of the person at the control station, but I got right the important part about getting the keys back, all the while spooking my company.

Back in high school, I felt that I was stuck in a very mundane realm, one in which I heard about paranormal phenomena but never got to experience it personally. But, now it's fairly commonplace for me to experience events some might consider strange. I have had some luck attempting astral projection a few years back a few times, for instance, and some ghost sightings.

Only one was scary--a hospital bed that rattled in a room in which other night staff workers had previously reported hearing sad wailings. I tried communicating, offering yes-no questions, but the rattling, presumed spirit, was not willing or able to cooperate. None-the-less, the bed responded to movement and more loudly when I talked directly to it, shaking and creaking as though someone had grabbed onto a rail and vigorously shook it. I had heard second-hand that maintainance staff were unable to find a mundane source of the rattling, and no basic electromagnetic phenomena or simple air conditioning problem in the room could account for the force of the shaking or its tendency to respond specifically to people in the room. In another ER where I work, monitors are frequently prone to giving pulse rates and pulse oximetry readings even when they're not connected to anyone. The nurses have nick-named this ghost phenomenon "Charlie." In neither case do I know of a specific traumatic death to account for the ghosts, but untimely deaths are frequent, even routine, in the medical setting.

When buying real estate, whether or not traumatic deaths occurred on the property are part of my standard list of questions, just like property inspections, homeowner's association membership, or the threat of eminent domain. One house I lived in for three years had a previous owner die of natural causes, but no phenomena seemed to have stemmed from her. The house before had a resident ghost cat, a little black kitty cat that would appear in the corner of one's eyesight briefly; my wife and I both saw the cat fairly often, as did occasionally guests, though the presence was a purely benign one.

I've never been to my knowledge abducted by aliens, but I know two people who claim to have been. Neither recommend it.

Probably the eeriest paranormal experience was when I worked in the ER a few years back as a resident. The attending doctor, the nurses, and I were sitting around, talking about dreams, and I told them about one I had, in which I was an American operative, working in Afghanistan against the Taliban. I was out to find, possibly assassinate their leader, who was a bearded man who "looked somewhat like Fiedel Castro." I was cornered by an enemy fighter, until I realized that she was a woman in disguise as a man and a fellow American operative. That was the end of the dream. I had previously learned of the Taliban and their suppression of women's rights. But, what I did not know was what they in real life were planning the following day. The dream was on the morning of September 10th, 2001. We were astonished when we learned the afternoon of the eleventh that fighting broke out in Afghanistan, and that the Taliban were tentatively being implicated in the unfolding attacks. One of the nurses working that day had dreamed the morning before work of running through city streets from a series of explosions, which the dream described as a "national emergency." I postulated that the September 11th attacks were sending out psychic shockwaves forwards and backwards through time, stronger as we neared the event and weakening afterwards. Unfortunately, none of us got enough information out of these vague premonitions to come anywhere close to stopping it--just enough to make us wary of any disaster dream. But, I've had worse catastrophe dreams that did not seem to predict anything other than resolving personal issues or needing not to work so many hours.

Believe it... or not...

(end music) Next on Discover TV: The universe is expanding at an accelerated pace; find out the six simple steps you can do to keep up...

{Blinks} You're a wiccan? That's actually really cool... i say i'm a chirstian, but i find the bible seemingly... a bit too corrected by a few too many hands over the years... (We think the bible has been edited too much... they took out books that didn't work sometime in the eighteeth or sevententh century... can't remember which... so why isn't it possible that someone else changed things too?)
Anyway... that's actually very interesting and i do believe it...
(Next time on World's most gulliable people...)
{Grins} How else would explain him?
(Other than me being a result of an overstressed mind needing some sort of release and so creates mutiple versions of oneself in order to deal with trauma of varying causes?)
{Blinks} What?
( :lol: Basically, i'm your brain trying to deal with all the crap that you're trying to...)
Oh... okay...
(I'm guessing you do know what you're doing, right? We've heard about people who were practicing... no, it wasn't Wiccan, it was a darker version of the magic... and things got bad... god why do we feel like someone's... watching us?)
I don't know... i also don't know why i don't want to look out the window...
(Seriously... we're not kidding about this...)
V, from V for Vendetta.

PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The one and only were-jaguarundi!

Post by PariahPoet »

I've never seen a human ghost, but I did see a wolf spirit when I was a kid.
That's the only odd thing I've ever experienced.
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

It's odd to think so much of the stuff I consider normal is classed as "paranormal" by everyone else. Like talking to dead people in other people's heads.

Would that make them ghosts or no? I never could figure that one out.
Moss27
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Moon Hunter
Mood: Bored

Post by Moss27 »

I've had one experience with ghosts, and my teacher told my class one.

Mine: Being in Italy, there's a mountain that was said to have split when Jesus died. There is, truly, a split mountain in a place called Old Gaeta. Anyways, at the bottom of the mountain was a cove where Turkish pirates used to hide. Then some soldiers went down and endured a bloody battle to keep the pirates from escaping. Anyways, it was dark when we finally left the mountain, and I could've sworn I saw a figure as I was looking out of the window. He was green and transparent and he had a HUGE musket gun of some sort. We went back a couple of times, but I never got to see the dude again, because we always left when it was still sunny and daytime. No joke, and I completely believe in ghosts.

--

My teacher's: This was during one of those days where the teacher and the class get off topic. XD
Okay my teacher and a couple of her friends back in her college days recorded themselves playing with a Ouija board. They were at her house, in the dark, alone and without any parental supervision. One of her friends had a boyfriend, and they were past the second year anniversary at the time. So she asked the board if her boyfriend would do something special in the next couple of days. After a few seconds, the board flew across the room and my teacher had the creepiest look on her face. She was unmoving and said, "Be prepared, for the truth will be revealed by the one you love."

They thought it was an omen posessing her.

A few days later, her friend got engaged. She really did, and she showed the class a picture of her at their wedding.
"I didn't do my homework, so why am I in trouble for something I didn't do?"
Distorted Realism
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Thinking with portals

Post by Distorted Realism »

Konietzko wrote:On a side note...this is here, in Indianapolis, Indiana, where I live. I'd love to go in there and bring some equipment.

Central State Mental Hospital...otherwise known as Seven Steeples Sanitarium. There's an actual documentary with them looking for spirits within the buildings out that came about when a movie maker wanted to film a fictional movie inside. While they were trying to shoot the film, apparently, odd things kept happening, so the director scrapped the original idea for the fictional movie, and wanted to figure out what was going on.

Theres a haunted asylum not too far from where i live too...
If sleep is an escape for us, than we are all cowards. We spend one third of our life trying to get away...
-The Dark Dimension
Distorted Realism
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Thinking with portals

Post by Distorted Realism »

This could be the last bit of my sanity dieing off, but i dont really know.... theres a group of kids i met who might be able to read minds.. i know it sounds farfeched but ive begun to suspect... every time i think somthing odd... a few of them stare at me.... and one of them i had just met.. not even hearing his name or anything... and i thaught to myself, i wonder what his name is... and then in my head i heard "louis"... and that was his name...... :?
If sleep is an escape for us, than we are all cowards. We spend one third of our life trying to get away...
-The Dark Dimension
Lunar
Pack Member
Pack Member
Custom Title: Blue Paleo Ranger

Post by Lunar »

Well while I don't want to specifically say this was a ghost I'm not ruling anything out here.
My family owns a two hundred year old house in MA built in the 1780's-90's. Has original nails, doors, floorboards, door latches, etc. (Most houses have been gutted.) We've had tenants living there over the past decade while we lived in Singapore and one family complained about walking inside and hearing a child crying by a window, directly in front of which is an old well that used to have iron grating welded onto it but is now topped by a concrete slab.
Fast forward a couple of years to where we're now using it as our summer home.
Now this house used to be a farm but about 50 years back the town took most of the land and made a large portion of it right next to it a reservoir. In front of the house is a highway, to the side a lake, behind it is woods for a half mile until there's a small church up the road but always closed at night, to the other side is a large portion of woods. In other words, there's nothing near it. My little brother, sister, and me are all sitting in the living room late one night (same room where tenants claimed to have heard a kid crying.) playing Tony Hawk on an X-box all sitting in a small group on the floor. Suddenly we all hear a deep, really warped voice cry out "OH NO!" from right behind us and we all spin around immediately and stare at the exact spot we heard it from; the doorway to the kitchen from which you can see the old well outside the window directly across from it. I asked them what they each thought it said and we all agreed it was an "oh no." So we're all nervous, the place it came from is away from the highway and the only thing outside of the kitchen window is a bunch of woods; that and the noise came right from within the doorway. We head upstairs to my parents bedroom where my dad is asleep and snoring and my mom reading a book while my youngest sister is asleep next to her. I ask my mom if dad yelled and she said no, that he's been asleep. I then asked her if she heard any yelling, there was a no to that as well. So basically my two siblings and I heard a weird voice, as I said it was warped, I'm decent at manipulating my voice and you can't do what I heard without a computer at least. It was definitely a male voice yelling, and two other people all reacted at the same time, looked at the same spot, and heard the same thing at once. I'm just wondering what the heck it was.
IndianaJones
Legendary
Legendary

Post by IndianaJones »

There's no such thing as death.

Bloody hell! This video is well put together with some of the authentic ghost videos ever recorded. Real or Hoax? You decide.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=r3jSVSpJW88

Oh, just ignore the close-minded ignorant humans. They don't know the Truth! They think everything in ghost videos are fake...oh god. Not everyone has the talent to edit videos with photo shop or some video program. Why would they? The person who recorded just want to share their experience without altering the video. Some are just unexplainable, keep a open-mind. Those who call it a fake and says it is edited with video effects actually show no proof to them. Because they thin they can edit videos with such a hard time. Yeah, right.

WerewolfKeeper3
Legendary
Legendary

Distorted Realism wrote:
Konietzko wrote:On a side note...this is here, in Indianapolis, Indiana, where I live. I'd love to go in there and bring some equipment.

Central State Mental Hospital...otherwise known as Seven Steeples Sanitarium. There's an actual documentary with them looking for spirits within the buildings out that came about when a movie maker wanted to film a fictional movie inside. While they were trying to shoot the film, apparently, odd things kept happening, so the director scrapped the original idea for the fictional movie, and wanted to figure out what was going on.

Theres a haunted asylum not too far from where i live too...
Isn't there a haunted asylum near where everyone lives?

IndianaJones: That's the world we live in. People don't believe it if it didn't happen to them, so...

Oh, here's something interesting...
We sleep downstairs in the summer cause it's cooler. This was on a weekend when my dad's home {he drives truck for S&H express}. We have a curtain hanging over the living room doorway to keep any... unwanted visitors out in the hall. {Bats}
Anyway, this night, the curtain was open just a little. My mom says she could've sworn she saw a pair of legs move past the opening. She thought it was my dad, cause he sometimes likes eating late. Only thing is... the legs never came back. Eventually, she got up and looked... but there was no one there... and my dad was still upstairs.

She also says that, when i was a baby and they'd just brought me home, she heard the stairs creaking, like someone was coming up the stairs. Only thing was, my dad was asleep next to her, and my grandmother was asleep in her own room... And, as i've said, i always get the feeling someone's watching me, no matter if the light's on or not. I can't stand looking out into the hall, which is another reason for the curtain. I'm sitting in the living room right now... and i'm getting really creeped out cause i think there's something watching me from the stairs...
:shudder:
V, from V for Vendetta.

Konietzko
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Konietzko »

Alright, time to switch gears in this thread. Something happened on July 13th, apparently...when an odd, very dead creature that "smelled like rotting flesh" washed up on Long Island. Dubbed "The Montauk Monster" for now, it's described as looking like a "bloated, hairless dog with flipper like paws, and an eagle like beak".

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,395294,00.html

Now, keep in mind that speculation at this point is rampant, with one website even claiming it was part of a viral marketing campaign tying into Cartoon Network's new cartoon entitled "Cryptids Are Real", based on the fact that they were actually contacted and questioned about this dead creature by someone working for a viral marketing firm. The caller, however, predictably denies any involvement in a viral marketing campaign, citing "pure interest" on her part. Jeff Corwin states that it's "obviously a decomposing dog or raccoon"...

The truth is that I'm almost dubious to even post about this, because I can almost feel the trap closing in where someone is going to pop up in the media soon and say "Gotcha! HAAAAA! Suckers!"...but I'm interested in what you folks might think about this.

Share, discuss. there's a picture of it on the page in the link listed above. For even more fun and games in the out of the norm things...check the related links down there also. :panting:
"Unchained,
Unrestrained,
Unbroken,
In my world...
The Gods have fangs."