Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

EPIC F**KING WIN!!!!

Post by Anubis »

:howl:  :oo :D WORDS CANNOT EXPRESS HOW HAPPY I'AM!!!! :D :howl:  :oo

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/news/show ... d=26477932

*dances*
Last edited by Anubis on Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THE GAME

My Armory
IndianaJones
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Anime/Furry/Disney Fanatic
Additional Details: I like transformations and humans being turned into animals, furries, and monsters.
Mood: Relief

Re: EPIC F**CKING WIN!!!!

Post by IndianaJones »

Bye bye, Mr. Thompson.

Now that's good news in the video game entertainment industry.

I'm happy too!
Disney/Disneyland fans and theme parks!
http://micechat.com/

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ZanderFox/
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

"Tunis".

I think I recall him writing a letter or something about how he'll take her and a lot of Floridian law officials or whatever. Guess you screwed up, Jack.

I'm almost sad. This madman's ranting is insanely amusing. Gotta love how in the article they provided a pick of Jack looking haggard, heh.
Just a Username
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change
Custom Title: Weredingo

Post by Just a Username »

JoshuaMadoc
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: HERO OF NIGHTMARES
Additional Details: I just don't care.
Mood: Indifferent

Re: EPIC F**KING WIN!!!!

Post by JoshuaMadoc »

Peh. I've always found his rantings enough of a nuisance that he's extremely close to getting a death warrant like that Russian spam-maker who got murdered by a random burgling nobody. The guy just sucks a** in playing the asshole card, and just loves to make sensible conservatives look more moronic than the irritating conservatives.

With that, I like how they posted what looks like a photo of Jack looking unkempt. Near-perfect portrait of defeat.
Konietzko
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Konietzko »

:roflmao:

I like how Jackie-boy comes out of deep in left field with his "Oh yeah!? Well, the judge's oath of loyalty is forged!" Where in the blazes did that come from? :roflmao: The dude just pulled it out of his nether regions and starts flinging it around like it's fact just because he says so.

:( I might actually miss Jack Thompson. He's brought me so much entertainment over the years, and given me someone to laugh at and ridicule....now who am I gonna pick on? ??

Seriously, I'm lost here. :( Why did this have to happen the year that Bush is leaving office? By the end of the year, I'm not going to have anyone to make fun of, at this rate! :P
"Unchained,
Unrestrained,
Unbroken,
In my world...
The Gods have fangs."
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise
Mood: RAR!

Post by Kaebora »

I sent Thompson a quite civil letter once, containing my college sociology/psychology research paper that passed two courses with a 4.0 (A+). Inside, it explains how video games are not harmful (but in fact helpful) to the average individual and society overall. It can be summed up by a quote from the political author Steven Poole, "games may train someone how to kill, but does not implant the desire to do so."

It went unanswered. I know he got it too, because it was sent through certified US mail, and I got a confirmation. Yeah, he's closed-minded to say the least. Nobody wants a lawyer that isn't open to suggestion, or at least I don't.

I hope the door slams into his butt on the way out the door of law practice.
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

A simple explanation is that Thompson was a crooked lawyer trying to weasel his way into politics by making video game violence his soap box. He's like the mayor of Vermont from the movie Thank You For Smoking; the issue means nothing to him personally, but it's an easy way to look like a crusader to all the other demented supporters. It doesn't surprise me that he responded to his permanent disbarment with another baseless accusation; that's been his tactic for years.

I predict Jack Thompson will continue to use every case of teenage violence as a platform against violent video games.

I predict that Jack Thompson will continue to crusade against video game violence until the day he dies.

And I predict that his final broadcast will be on the Howard Stern show.