Batman - The Dark Knight

Talk about movies, and whatnot, upcoming flicks, and current releases.
Xiroteus
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Happy

Batman - The Dark Knight

Post by Xiroteus »

This was a well done film, nice run time as well, what did everything think of it, (when you see it)
Wselfwulf
Legendary
Legendary

Re: Batman - The Dark Knight

Post by Wselfwulf »

the boat/explosives situation reminded me of both saw and first year ethics, which gave me a warm fuzzy feeling. But then they ruined it with a perfect resolution essentially absteining the viewer from the thoughts the questions it raises provokes. Other than that, simply watchable high-budget well done derivative.
Real humanity presents a mixture of all that is most sublime and beautiful with all that is vilest and most monstrous in the world - Mikhail Bakunin, God and The State

Nothing in life is certain except negative patient care outcomes and revenue enhancement - William Lutz
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets
Mood: Indifferent

Post by MoonKit »

Awesome...just as I suspected.

I saw it at midnight. :D
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
Avareis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Storyteller and Artist
Mood: Angry

Post by Avareis »

I also saw it at midnight during the premiere. For me there were no words to describe it. It was as expected from all the actors. Everyone portrayed their roles very well. And there was no surprised to Christian Bale, as he has always been a good actor. I'm glad that Maggie Gyllenhaal replaced that cardboard acting Katey Holmes. Heath Ledger....He was so absorbed into the role. It's just too bad he was killed by the third biggest kill in the US. Was not suicide, by the way.
But really, there are movies that entertain and movies that you see to be moved. This movies was the type that moved you.
I, for one, could not laugh at the Joker and only mustered a couple laughs at certain occasions. The batman "Hockey pants" comment and the pencil trick...TAADAAAAA!
As soon as the Joker appeared in his third scene it was all serious. The Joker was no laughing matter. I couldn't see why people would even snicker or let out a laugh at something that wasn't even a joke. Alfred even got serious. His jokes were limited to two. Christian Bale had more jokes to throw...and he was the dark knight! The level of seriousness was enhanced by Ledger's character. Every time he was in a scene it was uncomfortable in listening to what he said, heaven forbid he was even standing five feet from someone and how he would even make the most innocuous of movements, such as walking in broad day light. In my defense, I don't think this movies was broadened respectively by Heath Ledger's death. It would be as exemplary a movie if he were here. I can only imagine what the third one is going to be like.
Lochinvar
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change
Custom Title: Wanderer

Post by Lochinvar »

I finally saw this movie yesturday. Going in I was somewhat leary of all the hype surrounding Heath Ledger as The Joker. But it lived up to it and more. But it does bring up a catch-22. How do they NOT bring The Joker back in the next film? But anyone who plays the role if they do will be raked over the coals no matter what.
"I've always known the mirror never lies."
fenrisz
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: devourer of gods!

Post by fenrisz »

saw it the saturday morning after it came out but i thought it was an awesome movie the joker has always been my fave batman villain and they did him great justice in the movie except i was hoping to see his laughing gas that kills people with a smile or his eletric hand buzzer honestly i dont recall him using so many knives but was a nice way to show his sadistic and twisted nature but wasnt execting them to kill 2 face off so soon but all an all i give it a 9.5 outa 10 i really loved this movie but the joker is what made it amazing :beerwolf:
"the art of forgiveness is not one we're taught"

I have always felt that violence was the last refuge of the incompetent, and empty threats the last sanctuary of the terminally inept
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

Wselfwulf wrote:the boat/explosives situation reminded me of both saw and first year ethics, which gave me a warm fuzzy feeling. But then they ruined it with a perfect resolution essentially absteining the viewer from the thoughts the questions it raises provokes. Other than that, simply watchable high-budget well done derivative.
SPOILERS!!

I thought that too. I was expecting that whoever pushed the button would then blow up their own ship instead of the other -- which seems like a rather fitting twist in my opinion.

/End Spoiler.

Otherwise, FANTASTIC movie. Loved it.
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
Xiroteus
Legendary
Legendary

Batman - The Dark Knight

Post by Xiroteus »

The boats still could have been set up that way, that was my first thought as well, something the joker would do.
fenrisz
Legendary
Legendary

Post by fenrisz »

i liked how the joker switched the adresses of where dent was and the girl he liked that was genius :hsup

I have always felt that violence was the last refuge of the incompetent, and empty threats the last sanctuary of the terminally inept
Moss27
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Moon Hunter
Mood: Bored

Post by Moss27 »

I was about to miss the movie: When I reserved tickets for "Sunday," he gave me tickets. None were sold out (First Run Over Seas in my area). But when we got to the movie today, the tickets said "Saturday," the premiere. XD But we got to get in.

I absolutely loved it! But the guy by me who was with his girlfriend said that he didn't like it. He was pretty loud about it, too. Kinda ruined the mood in some places, but I still got to enjoy the movie.

Heath did a good job of portraying Joker. I was scaring myself to death because I didn't know what The Joker would do!
"I didn't do my homework, so why am I in trouble for something I didn't do?"
fenrisz
Legendary
Legendary

Post by fenrisz »

i get so irked by people like that i mean even if you dont like a movie you dont need to share your misery with the people around you not only is it just rude but its completly unnecessary kinda ruins the experience for those around you but what can you do ? asside from ignore the impulse to just yell at the guy to shut up and maybe knock the popcorn from his hands :P glad you enjoyed the movie though my fave part i would say is the jokers "magic trick" hahaha i loved that it demonstrates what type of person he is right off the bat (pun slightly intended :P) shows how crazy he is and skilled but hope next time you watch it there wont be a rude idiot to lessen the experience

Moss27
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Moss27 »

I loved the magic trick. I jumped in my seat and the entire theatre either yelped in surprise or laughed!

Meh... there's nothing you can do, that's true. But an opinion is an opinion.
fenrisz
Legendary
Legendary

Post by fenrisz »

haha still my fave part i was one of the laughing people wonder if that means something? and ya hes got a right to an opinion but theres places to voice those opinions and in the theatre while watching a movie is deffinatly not one of the places seeing how your not supposed to talk muc hduring a movie as it is :D

Defensorem Lupus
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Being Frank
Mood: Relief

Post by Defensorem Lupus »

All I have to say about this movie is:

BEST MOVIE EVER!!!!!!!

Excellant acting by Christian Bale, Heath Ledger, Aaron Eckhart, and Gary Oldman.

Excellant Directing by Christopher Nolan.

My #1 favorite movie.

MUST WATCH THIS MOVIE . . . unless you have not seen Batman Begins I suggest not to watch it.

That will be all for now . . .
The wolf is neither man's competitor nor his enemy.
He is a fellow creature with whom the earth must be shared...
If the wolf is to survive, the wolf haters must be outnumbered.
They must be outshouted, out financed, and out voted.
Their narrow and biased attitude must be outweighed by an attitude based on an understanding of natural processes.
-Dr. L. David Mech
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets
Mood: Indifferent

Post by MoonKit »

Avareis wrote: I couldn't see why people would even snicker or let out a laugh at something that wasn't even a joke.
I think it was nervous laughter. Anytime Health did that insane Joker giggle, half the audience laughed nervously. He made us uncomfortable. He did an awesome job,

Edited to add: Man, you guys made me want to see it again!
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
fenrisz
Legendary
Legendary

Post by fenrisz »

i wasnt all that uncomfortable i actually thought he was funny :LOL: :D loved his performance

l0b0h0mbre
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change

Post by l0b0h0mbre »

My souces tell me that Two-Face isn't dead. The set -up wil be that Harvey Dent will have been hid away in Arkham, while everyone thinks he died. The actor who played Dent is on contract for another Batman film. Also rumored to be in the next film will be Killer Croc or Bane!
The Bible is not my Book and Christianity is not my religion. I could never give assent to the long complicated statements of Christian dogma. - Abraham Lincoln
fenrisz
Legendary
Legendary

Post by fenrisz »

ok well first THATS AWESOME and second where did you hear this?

l0b0h0mbre
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change

Post by l0b0h0mbre »

http://www.hollywood-newsroom.com/rumor ... yllenhaal/ this is where I found out that Arron Eckhart was coming back in batman 3. I was guessing though on how they would answer him looking as if he was dead in 2. and as for the 2nd part, I've seen various websites, that say that, but I thinkthat the one above might be more credible.
The Bible is not my Book and Christianity is not my religion. I could never give assent to the long complicated statements of Christian dogma. - Abraham Lincoln
fenrisz
Legendary
Legendary

Post by fenrisz »

cool thanks for that im lookin forward to the next movie now though i cant help but wonder who they will get to be the joker and if he will be as skilled as heath

White-Paw
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
Custom Title: there is no real me only an entity something of an mystery
Mood: Ruthless

Post by White-Paw »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2yv8aT0UFc

this is better than the movie :wink:
Moss27
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Moss27 »

White-Paw wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2yv8aT0UFc

That was hilarious! Wow, I totally cracked up.
Xiroteus
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Xiroteus »

White-Paw wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2yv8aT0UFc

That was funny.
fenrisz
Legendary
Legendary

Post by fenrisz »

that was freakin hilarioous i watched it at least ten times and showed it to several people

White-Paw
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
Custom Title: there is no real me only an entity something of an mystery
Mood: Ruthless

Post by White-Paw »

its an great spoof^^

WP^..^