I have a new "pet". Check it out. (Its A Black Mamba)

The place for anything at all...
fredriksam
Legendary
Legendary

I have a new "pet". Check it out. (Its A Black Mamba)

Post by fredriksam »

I love animals and have had an Siberian Husky dog, A cat (still Living), Some mice (also still living,but they will be snake food now), Some venonus snakes and now, i present for you, the latest animal.

Its a Black Mamba. These snakes are well known for the danger they pose. They are very poisinus and may bite without much provoking. HOWEVER, you can "milk" their venom dry for a while and, of course, being very careful when handling them.

The previous owner of this snake was tired of it. Nobody cared for it anymore. The coolness factor was gone. I care more about the animals then the "oh,so cool" syndrome.

The cage where the Mamba is is HUGE. Lyckily me and my girlfriend lives in a big house, and we have now devoted a whole room for the mamba. My girlfriend are not so interrested in the snake. She knows i can handle it good.

I have taken some photos of it that i,m showing here.

Heres the first one. We see the black interior of the snakes mouth. This is why they are called black. The inside of the mouth is black. I had to hold the snake very steadily for this shot.

In this second pic, they snake is on a newspaper just before i put it in the cage. The mamba was curious on what was going on.

Next three pics are when the snake are in the cage. Enjoy!

Last picture shows the mamba really angry. My cat was scratching at the cage and it made the mamba mad. Here we also see some more of the interior of the cage

Oh what a funny werewolf i am. come joining the eating party...
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Re: I have a new "pet". Check it out. (Its A Black Mamba)

Post by Set »

Oh, wow. Black Mambas are beautiful snakes.

Is it legal to keep them over there? I don't know how things work regarding poisonous snakes and exotic animals where you live.
Baphnedia

Post by Baphnedia »

That is one sexy snake.

Oh, and I give it a 70% chance that the above statement will be taken the wrong way.

But, why would I ever post anything with the intent of it being taken the 'right' way anyway?
Everyday should be Towel Day.
Sekrit Identity: What?
Paradice Games: .com, Forums & Facebook
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

I always liked snakes a lot, and considered getting my own garden-variety one -- I just couldn't ever get over the whole feeding-the-snake-mice-and-rats sort of thing.
:o

Beautiful snake, though!
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
fenrisz
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: devourer of gods!

Post by fenrisz »

cool ive seen them on tv animal planet and in books at the library just be careful not to be biten im sure you already know that though but still be careful :D
"the art of forgiveness is not one we're taught"

I have always felt that violence was the last refuge of the incompetent, and empty threats the last sanctuary of the terminally inept
Spongy
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Indifferent

Post by Spongy »

Geez thats a lot of animals. >_>. You must have a huge backyard or something.

I hope that goes well for you.
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MattSullivan »

FRED!

that's insane! :} Tell me you have some anti-venom stored nearby!
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

MattSullivan wrote:Tell me you have some anti-venom stored nearby!
Do they even make it for Mambas? I've never heard of anti-venom for this specific snake existing in Africa, much less Sweden.
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

Wasn't a mamba the one that was in the briefcase o' snakes in Kill Bill 2?

Anyways, cool snake. That black-mouth thing they got going on is pretty freaky.
fredriksam
Legendary
Legendary

Post by fredriksam »

Thanks for the replies. Its a very cool snake in my opinion. My cat is very curious on whats inside that big cage. The mamba has now calmed down and doesnt show its mouth very much. Yesterday it got two live mice to eat. From the bite, it took about 4-5 seconds before the mices was gone. Phew! talking about HOT!

One strange thing i noticed is that the mamba smells a little like curry. Maybe its the saliva that smells like that, but strange still.

Now some replies:

Set: Yes they are legal to have here in Sweden but the cage must be A-class and you must registrate the snake. I have done the following so its ok. The cage in A-class are quite expensive but its totally safe.

spongypants23: Well, i live in a very big house with a big garden. The house is located quite near a forest and sometimes, deers comes to visit and eats the flowers. I have also seen some foxes and quirrels. I guess i like to have animals around. (but the deers and the foxes and that doesnt belong to me)

MattSullivan: yes, of course i have anti-venom. When you buy a mamba from an exotic animal store here in Sweden, you get some anti-venom with you when you collect the snake.

Aki: Havent seen the Kill Bill movies so i cannot comment on that. However, yes, The black mouth thingy is really freaky and scary. It doesnt take much to tease them, so i be very careful at all times.
Oh what a funny werewolf i am. come joining the eating party...