The place for anything at all...
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets
Mood: Indifferent

This Is Really Sick

Post by MoonKit »

Not for the faint of heart. It's very violent and just...horrible. People are sick.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7535840.stm

Follow up article:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080801/ap_ ... s_stabbing

Im speechless. :(
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
cjkrythos
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Full Moon Librarian

Re: This Is Really Sick

Post by cjkrythos »

MoonKit wrote:Not for the faint of heart. It's very violent and just...horrible. People are sick.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7535840.stm

Follow up article:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080801/ap_ ... s_stabbing

Im speechless. :(
see, thats what I can never understand. a busload of people and nobody ganged up on his sorry butt. Id have jumped him and beat him senseless. Granted, id probably gotten beaten pretty bad myself, but I figure if one person jumps him, at least a few others would stand up and join in too.
fenrisz
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: devourer of gods!

Post by fenrisz »

people disgust me sometimes and if you honestly would have jumped in and attacked the guy i truly applaud you i know i would not honestly if i turn around and see some one stabbing some one in the chest with a huge knife i would would be in a mixed state of terror disgusted and sheer shock because that is some thing so out of the ordinary so surreal that i would not be able to consciously respond to the situation but go off my most basic instincts of fight or flight and honestly if the guy that i might fight is stabbing another person with a knife and sawin off there head i would not go after him i would more than likely run but i guess there is no way to know for sure unless you are put in a situation like that and i hope no one ever is but if you would honestly fight the person you are far braver than most people i have met
"the art of forgiveness is not one we're taught"

I have always felt that violence was the last refuge of the incompetent, and empty threats the last sanctuary of the terminally inept
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

Keep in mind that what these people did...was the right thing to do. You do not try to confront somebody with a knife and the will to use it- unarmed.
Ever.
Not to harp on guns, but one armed person could have stopped this while the victim was still alive. Canada has draconian rules on carrying a firearm, so what's left? Run. The people were smart.
As for the murderer, he's probably crazy. So, he'll get life in prison.
At least there he won't be able to attack any more unarmed people...
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
fenrisz
Legendary
Legendary

Post by fenrisz »

ya hes done untill the next one comes along

I have always felt that violence was the last refuge of the incompetent, and empty threats the last sanctuary of the terminally inept
IndianaJones
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Anime/Furry/Disney Fanatic
Additional Details: I like transformations and humans being turned into animals, furries, and monsters.
Mood: Relief

Post by IndianaJones »

Well after reading. They reported the suspect's emotions is 'Like a Robot.' After murdering his victim in a very disturbing way. Hmmm....robot-like. I am on to something...perhaps that 40-year old man was mind-controlled or just insane? It makes me think.

Evil is everywhere and the world is very negative. We all know that.

Its very sad, why would he done such a thing! A survival knife.......yep, that man was mind-controlled alright.

Edit: No, No.....wait a minute! http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32057

Seriously....was it an occult job?
Disney/Disneyland fans and theme parks!
http://micechat.com/

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ZanderFox/
fenrisz
Legendary
Legendary

Post by fenrisz »

he has either killed many people before or he was truly insane i doubt it was mind control my dad would tell me of murderers who had killed so many people they did it so much that they could do it with out emotion with out hesitation one guy he talked to had killed many people and he would talk about how he would kill them he talked with out emotion as if speaking about the weather how he had slowly tortured young girls or crushed babies its disturbing but its what they become so it doesnt really suprise me that this guy was able to sever a head of a man with out emotion my dad has also told me similar stories of that its a disgusting disturbing and terrible world we live in filled with people who fit the environment not to say all are but theres a good number and even some who dont realize they are like that and it only makes me wonder more what is it in their brain that posses them to do those things what chemicals are they lacking or are realsing constantly to make them think like that what abnormality in their frontal lobes or what has happened to them in theeir life to distort their senses so vastly i want to know but dont know if i will ever learn it or understand..... cant hurt to try though

Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

IndianaJones wrote:Well after reading. They reported the suspect's emotions is 'Like a Robot.' After murdering his victim in a very disturbing way. Hmmm....robot-like. I am on to something...perhaps that 40-year old man was mind-controlled or just insane? It makes me think.

Evil is everywhere and the world is very negative. We all know that.

Its very sad, why would he done such a thing! A survival knife.......yep, that man was mind-controlled alright.

Edit: No, No.....wait a minute! http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32057

Seriously....was it an occult job?
What?

What?

No. It's just another bit of random insanity. The robot-like nature of the attack is not unusual - people who just randomly off people tend to be like that. They're just fundamentally broken. They're robot-like because it isn't a crime of passion - there was no motive to it. There was no rage because this poor schmuck wasn't banging his wife or something.

Mr. Li was just a nut, and that is all.
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Post by Anubis »

Seriously!

Reading this article made me physically ill! Damn that guy must have been friggen nuts! When you do something so disgusting, and horrible like that and not have any apperent motive. Then yeah yous are one crazt son of a b****!

On another note I hope that kid's family the best. I would be absolutely devastated to hear that happened to a member of my own family.
THE GAME

My Armory
OukaHowls
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Howling all the time...
Mood: Happy
Location: In my dog's pen. Playing and feeding them. ( lot's of dog food, believe me. I have 20 dogs...)

Post by OukaHowls »

........ I'm sorry....... It just brings back horrible memories.................... I......... i....... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: .............. I can't talk right now........ I'm sorry....... I just can't... I'll be back on here in a minute...........
" May the darkness never scare you, but calm you through the night..."
IndianaJones
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Anime/Furry/Disney Fanatic
Additional Details: I like transformations and humans being turned into animals, furries, and monsters.

Post by IndianaJones »

*sigh*......................... :(
Disney/Disneyland fans and theme parks!
http://micechat.com/

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ZanderFox/
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

These stories always freak me out. It's one thing when a guy kills another because his cheated with his wife, or preformed some sort of fraud, or any other sort of trigger for their violence -- but it's another to know that a normal kid, enjoying a normal day, can die in a normal setting -- sitting innocently on the bus.

It's utterly disturbing.
:(
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
fenrisz
Legendary
Legendary

Post by fenrisz »

its very disturbing and at the same time enticing ... at least for me

*nagowteena*
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: TV!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mood: RAR!

Post by *nagowteena* »

:( yeah I heard about that, god it's horrible what some stupid crazy people will do! :cry:

and to think, a few years back my mother and I used to always take greyhound....just taking the bus is starting to get dangerous! :o

I feel so bad for that poor man....I really think someone should have tried to stop the guy with the knife....I mean yeah, who ever tried to help might get a couple of slashes, but it could have saved that guys life! rather then run and scream. :| that's a horrible way to go.... :(
Image Image
Yeah, that hits the spot..DeviantArt ~ Youtube Avatar by Z
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MoonKit »

Poor kid. There were no heroes on the bus.

Not that theres anything wrong with trying to keep your own life. Im sure by the time people actually processed what was going on, the kid was too far gone anyway.

This story really did make me feel physically ill also.
cjkrythos
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Full Moon Librarian

Post by cjkrythos »

RedEye wrote:Keep in mind that what these people did...was the right thing to do. You do not try to confront somebody with a knife and the will to use it- unarmed.
Ever.
Not to harp on guns, but one armed person could have stopped this while the victim was still alive. Canada has draconian rules on carrying a firearm, so what's left? Run. The people were smart.
As for the murderer, he's probably crazy. So, he'll get life in prison.
At least there he won't be able to attack any more unarmed people...
there is no such thing as unarmed. ANYTHING can be used as a weapon with the right ingenuity. You can use a car key as a weapon. Just place the pointy end in between your fingers and make a fist, works like a pointy version of a brass knuckle. I took a few classes in self defense, unarmed and armed. The teacher showed us how to take a number of basic objects and turn them into weapons to defend yourself with. the car key trick is just the easiest and most commonly needed with people getting mugged in the parking lot. Plus I carry knives on me most of the time, granted, they arent any bowie knife, but a pocket knife can do some nasty work on someone. Armed or not, my beleif is that life is the highest gift in existence. It should be prized more than gold or silver, diamonds or whatever.

If he had a gun id know better than to go at him. Guns are fool proof. unless you are a horrible shot, you really cant NOT kill someone. Knives on the other hand require two things, strength and skill. One can overpower the other, depending on a few circumstances. Knowing that he had a knife and he could be seriously dangerous, yes, Id still try to do something to the guy to get him to stop. I honestly dont know if I could live with myself knowing that I stood by while someone was torn apart. Plus its a bus, so most sane bus drivers would keep something under the seat to use as a weapon. Tire irons work wonders.
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MoonKit »

To be fair, the bus driver and several others did contain the maniac so he couldnt get away and do this again. They didnt have to hold him in there or disable the bus. They could have just ran.
Konietzko
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Konietzko »

To be even more fair...it's highly unlikely the victim could have been saved. Nobody even knew what was happening until after the vic started screaming, and stabbing someone 50-60 times requires an awful lot of rapid fire stabbing. Nine times out of ten, even if someone had jumped up to help, the victim probably would have already been stabbed about ten times in the chest before anyone even got to the guy. Ten stabs to the chest is ten chances of puncturing a lung, maybe even both(which is virtually a death sentence unless someone with serious medical training can act fast, as the lungs collapse and fill with blood very quickly. This is not a pretty way to die...it's a bit like drowning and suffocating at the same time.), hitting the heart a couple of times, etc.

And that's if every stab was aimed for the chest. I'm figuring that the killer probably stood up and was straddling the victim as the man sat, which means the stabs would have either been angled very sharply downward or straight ahead. Any guesses what very vital body part is roughly around gut level and straight ahead when you're straddling someone that's sitting down? That would be the neck and more importantly, the throat.

I'm sorry, but I honestly can't say that I'd have been willing to play the hero and risk my life for someone that was, nine times out of ten, probably already dead or dying before I even knew what was happening.
"Unchained,
Unrestrained,
Unbroken,
In my world...
The Gods have fangs."
WerewolfKeeper3
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Darkness Surrounds me, Chaos commands me, and i see what others cannot

Post by WerewolfKeeper3 »

Oh dear god...
that's horrible... my god... what do we have to carry weapons where ever we go now just in case something like this happens? Do we have to be constantly on guard?

(YEs... you do. You carry a knife, you learn how to use it. You don't act out of stupidity, you don't try to fight him mono-amono... you stab him in the back, and twist, severing his spinal cord and leaving him defenseless... but of course, now weapons will be banned on these buses so people won't have anyway of protecting themselves... This world is hell on earth; a warzone no matter where you are.
"Life is war. People die. You deal with it...")
How can you be so calm?
(Because i would've taken the knife and sliced the guy''s head off, that's why! I would have grabbed something heavy and metallic and beat his head in. I wouldn't have been calm then. Emotions are the key to survival; when to let them out, and when to keep them bottled up. I'm sorry... but the weak die in this world, the good die in the this world so much faster then those who are corrupt... we will never know why this man killed some random victim, because i doubt even he knows.)
Harsh...
(But true... Being good anymore, just doens't cut it. You have to be cruel to survive, to maintain the status quo... being emotional can get you killed... being able to forgo emotion might be the only thing that can save someone...)
You're saying i'm too emotional about this?
(I'm saying being an adult means knowing this is just part of the world, and nothing you do will ever change that... children's ideas of fairness and equality are never true in this world. Nothing is ever fair, or balanced, and good rarely wins... maybe growing up would be best... this world is no place for those who feel anymore... )
Lewis? That is you, right?
(Yeah... i'm just... really tired right now... it's horrible... but it's just a part of life this happens. Death has no reason... there is no grand design... only what is and what isn't. Children don't see the harshness of the world, and when they finally do, they ask "WHy did my parents lie to me?" Oh god, i'm depressed...)
THis was senseless... meaningless...
(YOur point?)
It's just... it doesn't seem...
(Fair?)
So it's bad i felt horrified by this?
(... anymore... yes... you know... i think i'll use that depression thread... i just don't seem like myself anymore...)
No what you have are bullets in the hope that when your guns are empty I'm no longer standing. Because if I am, you'll all be before you've reloaded.
V, from V for Vendetta.

What a strange creature is man, that he cages himself so willingly?
-Athena from Appleseed (2004)
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

Does it reflect poorly upon me if I say that things like this don't faze me at all?
Konietzko
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Konietzko »

Set wrote:Does it reflect poorly upon me if I say that things like this don't faze me at all?
No. It's actually almost a given most times for me. We live in a world where 12 people can hijack airliners and pilot them into skyscrapers, news reporters can be beheaded for doing their jobs, pro wrestlers can strangle their wives and sons and then kill themselves, and supposedly good students can walk onto a college campus with two pistols and a handful of clips and start firing off shots, all while most of the rest of the world can still coop up in their nice, cozy homes and watch it all on the news and get all flabbergasted.

The human being is a fairly sick and sadistic creature at the core, while at the same time, so incredibly absurd that even while things like this happen, we all can go on our merry way. As long as we feel somewhat sympathetic toward the victims, even if only for the briefest second before we go back to our lives, we feel justified.
"Unchained,
Unrestrained,
Unbroken,
In my world...
The Gods have fangs."
fenrisz
Legendary
Legendary

Post by fenrisz »

glad to know im not the only who feels that way

Black Claw
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Hidden Archer
Mood: Excited

Post by Black Claw »

You kust got to keep praying for those people that sanity will come to people like that and hope no more serious ones will happen. :howl:  :oo
I am the guardian of the light and darkness,
I am the one who whispers in the dark,
I am the eyes of your soul,
I am the shield,
I am the sword.
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MoonKit »

You just gotta keep praying that its not you or one of your own.
Midnight
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Midnight »

The problem with defining anything as just "sick", means it's harder to find the right words once something even sicker shows up. Case in point: http://www.nationalpost.com/news/story.html?id=707624 . Good on the Canadians for keeping that filthy rat bastard out of their country.