How does a werewolf wash their hands?

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
Spongy
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Indifferent

How does a werewolf wash their hands?

Post by Spongy »

With shampoo, or...what?

I'm curious as to what you all think. :fez:
Moss27
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Moon Hunter
Mood: Bored

Re: How does a werewolf wash their hands?

Post by Moss27 »

Hahahaha

I guess that they don't. Wolves in the natural world don't clean themselves with soap, and I guess they just lick themselves or tread through a river or something. So unless a werewolf had a human conscious in their WW form, then they don't bathe at all.

But if they do? I'd say dog shampoo. I've read a lot of stories where werewolves used dog shampoo in both human and WW forms.
"I didn't do my homework, so why am I in trouble for something I didn't do?"
Berserker
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Berserker »

Why shower in wolf form at all? Unless you're that way permanently.
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

Berserker wrote:Why shower in wolf form at all? Unless you're that way permanently.
That was my take. Unless a werewolf was stuck in that form, it'd just be so much easier to just wait until you're back in human form and then take a bath/shower like you normally would.
Avareis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Storyteller and Artist
Mood: Angry

Post by Avareis »

Lick themselves? Uhhh...I don't know about you, but have you licked the palm of your hand after a long day of work? How about licking your hand when you've just washed your hand with soap. See what your hand tastes like then. Now imagine running through a forest, a neighbor's farm land or down the street to buy some coconuts. Lick your paw and seen what it tastes like.

What I want to know is how do they pick their nose. Sharp claws, remember?
How about washing their hair and fur? Do you really need a whole bottle of shampoo?
How about washing one's unders? Can a werewolf tongue really...uhh...Nevermind.
:roll:
IndianaJones
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Anime/Furry/Disney Fanatic
Additional Details: I like transformations and humans being turned into animals, furries, and monsters.
Mood: Relief

Post by IndianaJones »

It will taste like crap that has been sitting on the ground for several hours or just yucky human oil, or wet dog smelly smell.

Try to talk a real wolf and see what his Pack family does.

For example, I know that some wolves take baths in a cool creek or on the river.
Canids don't have boogles in their noses like humans do. Even werewolves in their werewolf form don't have boogles in their wet leathery noses. Washing a wolf with a dog shampoo is okay for the canid. Because they like new good scents that can smell good to their bodies. Canids don't lick themselves as much as cats do? Now we are talking about werecats? Because wolves don't clean themselves by licking. Somethings they don't even bathe at all, instead rolling around on the snow and grass to take out dirt and blood.

Let's say a strong build buff werewolf man goes to the swimming pool. He decides to dive from the diving board in his large gestalt werewolf form. When he changes into a cannonball furball, guess what happens to the swimming pool? A large tsunami will splash around the pool area. Then all the water will be gone. The werewolf is at the 15 feet zone and said, "What?" :?

If you give a werewolf fermented coconut drink, he or she will transform into his/her gestalt werewolf form, the change might make them stuck in-between forms and they will be drunk like crazy. Now that would be funny, they will have a nice hangover after a slurping spree or biting spree.
Disney/Disneyland fans and theme parks!
http://micechat.com/

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ZanderFox/
Moss27
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Moon Hunter
Mood: Bored

Post by Moss27 »

I'm grimacing at the thought, but I was really talking about the actual werewolf/wolf form, not the human running on all fours with nothing but the skin on its back. But dogs in general do lick each other behind the ears, their faces and stuff.

I do see other canines groom their sides to get rid of pestering bugs and ticks, so I guess that's one form of cleanliness. But really being clean all depends on if the human factor is present in his werewolf/wolf form.

... but then again, Berserker and Terastas are right, too. How long is the werewolf planning on being in its werewolf form, anyways?
"I didn't do my homework, so why am I in trouble for something I didn't do?"
Spongy
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Spongy »

Well, the fur's gotta be washed at some point, eh?
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets

Post by MoonKit »

Avareis wrote:Lick themselves? Uhhh...I don't know about you, but have you licked the palm of your hand after a long day of work?
:lol: Cant say I have.

But then again dogs and wolves have a taste for things we would never touch.
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
Uniform Two Six
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Uniform Two Six »

Hey, an interesting thought just occurred to me. Human shampoo and dog shampoo is chemically different, and for a reason. The Ph composition of a dog's skin is different than that of a human's. Hence, the two different formulas. Now it won't kill a dog to put human shampoo on it, nor will it harm a human to wash your hair with dog shampoo, but it will cause a slight skin reaction because the Ph is off. Normally this would be little more than a minor irritation, but in some cases can lead to a serious rash and even in some rare cases an allergic reaction.

I wonder. Would a werewolf need to use a special shampoo for fear of getting some kind of skin reaction?
fenrisz
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: devourer of gods!

Post by fenrisz »

some soap and water :P again i come back to the thhought that were wolves might not have fur on there hands due to the fact that all wolves have no fur on the pads of their feet so who is to say a were wolf would have fur on there hands maybe they would have the leathery skin like on a wolf
"the art of forgiveness is not one we're taught"

I have always felt that violence was the last refuge of the incompetent, and empty threats the last sanctuary of the terminally inept
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

From my admittedly settled perspective, a Werewolf washes his/her hands and body when said Wulf's fur gets dirty.

My take is that they would use a neutral shampoo and rinse thoroughly. "Pet" shampoos are not a good idea, as they have things in them that aren't good for you if your skin has pores and sweat glands.
They would use towels (several) to dry themselves. Then the brushing routine.
That's the one little problem with being a Werewolf: the cost of keeping clean.

What they would also use is a hair/fur trap to keep loose fur out of the plumbing. Having a twenty foot long shower blockage of gray fur would kinda be a red flag to the plumber... :lol: especially of you don't own a dog.
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
Berserker
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Berserker »

MoonKit wrote: But then again dogs and wolves have a taste for things we would never touch.
That's probably due more to conditioning than instinct. If you were raised by wolves you'd share their tastes. :P
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

I'm less worried about the hand washing itself as what happens afterwards when one shifts back to human form. If you're a shedder rather than a re-absorber, it's not as much of a problem. But, if as a werewolf going from wolf or Gestalt to human, the fur goes back into the skin, you could be drawing in all kinds of chemicals, unless it's a "natural" soap that doesn't contain any naturally occurring toxins. Granted, I'd rather absorb soap contents than whatever I ran around on over the last several hours.

Of course, this also brings to mind nasty human tricks, like a silver spray; if you get it on your fur, don't shift until you get it off.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Avareis wrote:Lick themselves? Uhhh...I don't know about you, but have you licked the palm of your hand after a long day of work? How about licking your hand when you've just washed your hand with soap. See what your hand tastes like then. Now imagine running through a forest, a neighbor's farm land or down the street to buy some coconuts. Lick your paw and seen what it tastes like.

How about washing their hair and fur? Do you really need a whole bottle of shampoo?
A werewolf has gots to have a really long tongue to reach......uhhh....you know where.

:jester:

Heh! *slurp* :tongue:
RedEye

Post by RedEye »

Figarou wrote:
Avareis wrote:Lick themselves? Uhhh...I don't know about you, but have you licked the palm of your hand after a long day of work? How about licking your hand when you've just washed your hand with soap. See what your hand tastes like then. Now imagine running through a forest, a neighbor's farm land or down the street to buy some coconuts. Lick your paw and seen what it tastes like.

A werewolf has gots to have a really long tongue to reach......uhhh....you know where.

:jester:

Heh! *slurp* :tongue:
The ultra flexible back helps, too. Anyway, licking your fur is a cat thing...
Silverclaw

Post by Silverclaw »

The thread title sounds like the begining of a cheesy joke :lol: :wink:

I suppose if said werewolf really had to wash their hands right then, they would just use a stream/lake/pool to clean up. Or use grass/leaves/towel to wipe up their hands.

Or maybe they carry a small bottle of liqiud soap with them everywhere. Bath and Body Works have a nice selection of different scents :wink:
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

RedEye wrote:The ultra flexible back helps, too.
I SURE can use one of those since I'm suffering from lower back pain. :(
Konietzko
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Konietzko »

RedEye wrote:The ultra flexible back helps, too. Anyway, licking your fur is a cat thing...
Yeah, but...uh....<_<...tell that to my dog when he's visiting the...southern regions of "Canida" with his tongue. I think he'd beg to differ about it being a cat thing.
"Unchained,
Unrestrained,
Unbroken,
In my world...
The Gods have fangs."
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets

Post by MoonKit »

RedEye wrote: They would use towels (several) to dry themselves.
Or a blow dryer. :lol:
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
archangel_athena
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change
Custom Title: isabella

Post by archangel_athena »

we lick them clean, or just clean them in what ever body of water lay neer by...we clean our faces on grass by dragging our muzzle through thick grass...and in water....but not as much, water doesnt feel good up the nose..... :P :howl:  :oo
RedEye

Post by RedEye »

MoonKit wrote:
RedEye wrote: They would use towels (several) to dry themselves.
Or a blow dryer. :lol:
Using a blow-dryer is difficult unless you want to wind up looking like a Were-Poodle rather than a Were-Wolf. Unless you are very, very careful; and use as little heat as possible, you wind up with your outer coat fluffy and your inner (pelage) coat like a fright wig. The other Wulfen tend to point and snicker...a lot!
Add in that Canid skin is by nature on the dry side, and you can also get some really nasty dry-skin itches in both Wulf and Smooth forms.

That's what happened to our Husky; Fe'a. She was fluffy and very itchy for about three days. The Groomers ( we later found out) use barely warm air and only blow with the lay of the fur after using a sort of vacuum thing to remove most of the water. Then towels, then the air. I didn't realize that Husky fur would react that way; and by extension, so would Wulf fur, since the types of fur are pretty close in type and structure.