"Old Friends Who've Just Met"

Welcome to "The Pack" forum! Come tell us about yourself!!
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

"Old Friends Who've Just Met"

Post by Vuldari »

"...There's not a word yet ... for Old Friends Who've just met..."
~Gonzo

Hello. Many of you who are new to "The Pack" may not know me yet, but I know at least some of you do, and certainly those who have been around for a while do, as I've been here since the very beginning, (though not so much over the past year). I've been a member of this community since before the "Introductions" thread was created, and thus I never made my own. ...why am I doing it right now?... I don't know.

My Online alias is "VULDARI", (the one and only Vuldari on the internet ...take THAT everyone who has to add a number to the end of their name), but my real name is Joseph.

I was born and Raised in Minnesota (USA) and am of mixed European heritage. I am currently 27 years old.

I originally came to be a part of this community after following a link posted on the old "YERF" art forums (RIP, Yerf), way back when this was called the "Creating the Ultimate Werewolf" website, "Freeborn" was still called "Devoured", and THE PACK did not yet fully exist.

I identify my religious affiliation as Agnostic, (though I come from a deeply religious Christian Family), and am simultaneously a brutally ungiving skeptic of all things supernatural (Ghosts, Werewolves, Visiting E.T.s and Angels alike) but also an avid daydreamer and huge Fantasy/Sci-Fi fan.

My interest in Werewolves (and thus this Community), stems from several sources.

1. - I love Animals (Both real and Fantasy/Anthropomorphic)

2. - Shapeshifting is my favorite fantasy ... especially if it is into a form that is very cool.

3. - I am deeply intrigued and very fond of the Literal/Metaphorical struggle between Civil and Feral mindsets, and/or Human and Wolf that developed out of the centuries of Legends/Myths/Stories about Werewolves (and similar entities), and the fearsomeness of the Monster that is a Beast hidden within the Flesh and Mind of a seemingly ordinary Human Being. ... one which can spring forth in literal form, (at or against the persons will), at almost any time.

... many here feel that this scenario and creature is a tired and played out tale, and is a Cliche that they would rather leave behind and forget ... but I am not one of them.

As many have, spending so much time creating and conversing with subjects of fantastical variety has created and inspired a need and desire to have a fantasy interpretation of myself, and for me, that is VULDARI.

Vuldari is actually many things to me. I originally created that name to identify the beastly transformed alter ego of my Roleplaying/Fantasy character "Alexander Jacob Rahl" ("Ander"), who was literally a mirror image of myself with different colored hair and eyes, tanner skin and an inch shorter. "Vuldari" (originally "Fobidra" and then "Vuldra/Vuldar") is/was quite literally a Fox-Dragon (Dragon shaped, with Fur, Feathered Wings and a Fox-like face), which I considered at the time to be the Ultimate alter-form. However, it was also a psychological bookmark of sorts for me, showing the transition in my mind from my childhood obsession with Dragons, to my Current affiliation with Foxes.

Today, though I still remember the name is a derivative of "Vulpine-Dragon", Vuldari is essentially Exclusively a FOX now, untethered from Ander Rahl, as his own Foxy identity. I depict Vuldari most often as an Anthropomorphic Fox with a very large, bushy tail, though sometimes I depict him as a quadraped as well. (Still with a larger-than-normal poofy tail). =^.-= ~

In spite of appearances, and my frequent affiliations with the sub-culture(s), I do not consider or identify myself as a "Furry", nor a "Therian/Were/Otherkin/etc".

Rather ... I have recently amused myself with the idea that I am actually an "Aspiring Reverse Kitsune".

[According to Asian/Oriental Mythology, a "Kitsune" is an ordinary Fox which has lived so long and become so clever that it has actually gained supernatural abilities, up to and including the ability to shapeshift into Human form ... which according to the ideologies of the area, is the pinnacle of mortal existence.

A REVERSE Kitsune, as I see it, would be similar, but flipped upside down. A HUMAN who lives long enough and becomes wise, clever, skilled and strong enough to gain supernatural abilities themself, peaking at gaining the capacity of total physical Metamorphosis (into a FOX).]

As an "Aspiring Reverse-Kitsune", I am essentially saying I admit I am not one Yet ... but I'm working on it.

That Reminds me ... I think many around here best remember me as the Fox/Guy who posts really, really LONG messages and uses all the little Fox-Faces in my posts, (rather than using the default wolf ones).
Here is the full set: Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

These are all also posted on my Online Gallery, where you can see some of my other artwork I've created over the years.

http://vuldari.deviantart.com

And if you want to see some of my Photography exploits, from my ongoing adventures in Yellowstone National Park, check out:

http://yellowstonejoeman.deviantart.com

I Guess that's me in a Nutshell. (*struggles to resist quoting "Austin Powers"*)

Later ... Image
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
White-Paw
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
Custom Title: there is no real me only an entity something of an mystery
Mood: Ruthless

Re: "Old Friends Who've Just Met"

Post by White-Paw »

welcome back^^

WP^..^
takyoji
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Busy

Post by takyoji »

Yea, I've noticed you here and there and wondered what your full background was. I've only been here for a mere 9 months so far but I've slowly discovered all the history to this forum and so on and noticed that you were around quite early. Or that the domain used to be calypso-blue.com (along with Anthony being known as "Calypso Blue" as a forum alias), or there used to be the forum theme "bsrf" that was used before the current one. There's also some snapshots of the forum in it's early stages: http://web.archive.org/web/200503220904 ... /werewolf/
http://web.archive.org/web/200601032347 ... 4d2c7aeb8d

Otherwise I think you're really the only actual member of The Pack in the same state as myself (I'm in Faribault). xP
Avatar original image by "sometimesong" of Flickr, released under the Creative Commons license (share-alike, attribution, non-commercial, no-derivatives)
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

takyoji wrote:Yea, I've noticed you here and there and wondered what your full background was. I've only been here for a mere 9 months so far but I've slowly discovered all the history to this forum and so on and noticed that you were around quite early. Or that the domain used to be calypso-blue.com (along with Anthony being known as "Calypso Blue" as a forum alias), or there used to be the forum theme "bsrf" that was used before the current one. There's also some snapshots of the forum in it's early stages: http://web.archive.org/web/200503220904 ... /werewolf/
http://web.archive.org/web/200601032347 ... 4d2c7aeb8d

Otherwise I think you're really the only actual member of The Pack in the same state as myself (I'm in Faribault). xP
I'm actually currently staying in Yellowstone Wyoming (Grant Village) for the summer, but will be returning to Lakeville MN in early October.

We have really sucky, Government Filtered Satilite Internet here (though it's better than nothing), so I'm not able to view your links, (It calls the site a "Remote Proxy", and blocks it), but I assume they are images of the site back when there were still photoshopped Werewolves on the Front page, there were Moons instead of the Pack Symbol and Duckies next to the forum topics, and there was no mention of any group called "The Pack". (I actually kind of liked that old "Slate Gray" format, though the new one is really nice and refined looking. I never liked the "NEON" bsrf layout though)

Indeed...you've done your homework, haven't you? For a time, Anthony posted messages as both Himself and Calypso-Blue, and it took me a while to realize they were both him. Sadly, though Anthony, Silver, and the rest behind the whole "Devoured/Freeborn" project have invested a great deal of time, energy and money into the pending film, we still do not have much more to see and show for it since way back in 2005 (excluding the short concept teaser, which is already a few years old now).

Geez ... some of this feels like it was SOO LONG AGO ... it's making me feel almost OLD.

Greetings takyoji from this scruffy, foxy, sometimes grumpy, Pack Elder. Image Image
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

Hey Fox/Guy who posts really, really LONG messages and uses all the little Fox-Faces in his posts, (rather than using the default wolf ones)!
:grinp:

Welcome Vul, are you promising to us you're going to stay this time?
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
Midnight
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Midnight »

G'day Vuldari... great to see you dropping by again.
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

outwarddoodles wrote:... are you promising to us you're going to stay this time?
I'm still not going to be able to visit often while I'm still here in Yellowstone ... but once I get back to Minnesota, I think I will try to stop in and chat at least every once and a while ... just not as often as I used to (which was WAY too much, and the primary reason I left in the first place).

... I'm still bummed about loosing my Pack Necklace though. Now if I ever meet another Pack Member in person (by some chance), I'll have no way to prove who I am. Besides ... every day I wore it, it reminded me of just how much fun this place, and the people who meet here are/is.

Where else can you find such a fun bunch of people so willing to have such strange conversations as "What Color would a Werewolves teeth and claws be?" without being laughed at just for asking it?

You know what they say " ... absence makes the heart grow fonder ... ".

My time away has shown me just how attached to this place, and all you crazy peoples, I had become over the 3+ years I was an active member.

Even if if "The Pack" disappears from the internet some day, or I move somewhere else where I have no Internet Access at all, I feel like I will always be a part of "The Pack".
Image Image

=^.^'= ~
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

Welcome back, O sly fox!

A reverse Kitsune? Don't see why not? Personally, I'm glad you've "comitted" to post in the welcome section, even though you're really an old, old dude here at the Pack.

Now I have to wonder: is it Vuldari, or is it his Kitsune twin? Either way, it's good to have you back!
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Vuldari wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adYbFQFXG0U

:howl:  :oo
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

Figarou wrote:
Vuldari wrote:

I'm not able to view Youtube Videos on my internet connection here ... what is it?

RedEye wrote:Now I have to wonder: is it Vuldari, or is it his Kitsune twin?
...Eh?... I have a Twin?? Image

- Image Image -

=^.^'= ~
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Vuldari wrote:
Figarou wrote:
Vuldari wrote:

I'm not able to view Youtube Videos on my internet connection here ... what is it?
Oh.....its "Christian the Lion." A lion that was raised on church grounds. Then it was re-introduced to the wild. A year later, they went to Africa to visit the lion. They was told the lion would not remember them since its wild. But to thier surprise, the lion remembered who they are.

Its a touching video. You should see it whenever you get the chance. At the end..it says....

"Love knows no limits and true friendships last a lifetime. Get back in touch with someone today. You'll be glad you did."
Midnight
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Midnight »

Vuldari wrote:Even if if "The Pack" disappears from the internet some day, or I move somewhere else where I have no Internet Access at all, I feel like I will always be a part of "The Pack".
There's hope; that can happen.

The last time I was on a message board where there was this much community spirit, it was the message board of a comic book company. Four years ago - just a year or so after I joined up - the company went fairly spectacularly bust. But a lot of us from the message board are still in touch with each other; we're in touch via Live Journal, by snail mail (there's even a web comic with some characters based on our internet personae doing the rounds!)

Nothing stays the same on the Internet - it's still a relatively new medium and changing and evolving all the time. But, even if this web site disappears and the regulars scatter to the four winds, we'll keep in touch. I'll still have some of your artwork bookmarked on Deviant Art (and of some other people around here, excepting only the ones who's handles I don't know yet). I've got a couple more people here I read on my Live Journal friends page. So, basically, yous don't get rid of me that easily... :wink:
WerewolfKeeper3
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Darkness Surrounds me, Chaos commands me, and i see what others cannot
Mood: Relief

Post by WerewolfKeeper3 »

Interesting background...

(Interesting person i'd say... )
No what you have are bullets in the hope that when your guns are empty I'm no longer standing. Because if I am, you'll all be before you've reloaded.
V, from V for Vendetta.

What a strange creature is man, that he cages himself so willingly?
-Athena from Appleseed (2004)
Xiroteus
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Happy

Post by Xiroteus »

Greetings, I joined a while before you left for awhile, I did not talk as much at first.
(the one and only Vuldari on the internet ...take THAT everyone who has to add a number to the end of their name)
Great to make up your own name. :D

Say no to numbers.