Determining the Contact Person(s) in the Pack...

The place to discuss things relating specifically to The Pack
Baphnedia

Determining the Contact Person(s) in the Pack...

Post by Baphnedia »

I've always liked the way the Pack exists as a community... but there are a couple of things that I'd like to do business-wise (with my top hat on), and would need to enter into binding agreements with the pack. Who would be most appropriate to speak with, or, so long as I disclose what I'm doing (so to speak), as a member I can go ahead and do it?

(and yes, I'm not saying exactly WHAT I'm doing, since there's a LOT of work to be done before I can even bring it up)...
Everyday should be Towel Day.
Sekrit Identity: What?
Paradice Games: .com, Forums & Facebook
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Hmmmm........

ABrownrigg keeps saying this place became its own "Entity." But when it comes to "business proposals" concerning "The Pack," there is no one to turn to.

We're all just "Pack members."
Baphnedia

Post by Baphnedia »

It's likely going to break my poor little brain... hmm...

What will probably happen is I'll work with some Pack members on a project, then slap a Pack logo on it when it's done? *thinks hard*
Black Claw
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Hidden Archer
Mood: Excited

Post by Black Claw »

Aren't the moderators who mainly comments on the things and how things are done on here? :howl:  :oo
I am the guardian of the light and darkness,
I am the one who whispers in the dark,
I am the eyes of your soul,
I am the shield,
I am the sword.
Baphnedia

Post by Baphnedia »

Yes and no.

If it's forum related, yes. If it's for license agreements, no.
Midnight
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Midnight »

Hmm... without actually knowing what this is about... I'd guess that if it's anything seriously official (or has anything to do with Freeborn itself) you'd be better off going straight to the top: ABrownrigg or Silver. I understand they're happy to let the Pack develop on its own, but in a case where there needs to be somewhere where the buck stops, it stops with them.

Alternatively you could contact whoever www.thepack.network is registered to...
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MattSullivan »

I think this is just another unnecessary thing. Leave it as a fandom...a message board, and a social outlet, nothing more.
Baphnedia

Post by Baphnedia »

Matt, I agree - for most things. If it's something where I'd need something in writing as a CYA document, I'll probably hit up AB or Silver bout it. But, since I'm not the lead person behind the project I don't have permission (yet) to say what it's about.
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Re:

Post by Terastas »

Figarou wrote:We're all just "Pack members."
With this in mind, I think the only people you would need to get in touch with are the specific pack members you had intended to work with. The Pack isn't necessarily a legal trademark or a marketable entity, so if it's appropriate and/or in good taste, it should be something you could approach us as individuals about.

Then whatever you're discussing would become a Pack project just by virtue of the fact that more than one Pack Member is involved. Freeborn is a Pack Project much the same way -- it is not copyrighted to the Pack, nor is the Pack copyrighted or contractually bound in an way shape or form to the Freeborn studio. If you want the Pack's input, all you have to do is ask for it.
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Re: Determining the Contact Person(s) in the Pack...

Post by outwarddoodles »

I agree with Terastas -- in good taste, I don't think any Pack Member would mind.

Otherwise, I would *think* that any one who would be in charge of saying "Yay" or "Nay" to any profit off of Pack related material would be whomever owns the server or the rights to this board.
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
Baphnedia

Post by Baphnedia »

I can't give out what it is regarding... but what I CAN do is when it's otherwise ready to print, I can set up a preview thread in this forum somewhere, and ask for a 'yay' or 'nay' vote (with about a 5-7 day timeperiod). Depending on how The Pack votes, determines whether a ducky, or more likely, the pack symbol appears on ______.
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

The Zwinkies are closing in!

Post by Scott Gardener »

In the past, some of us have used MySpace as a backup way of contacting each other when this site temporarily goes down. To me, browsing MySpace is a last resort of desperation, but I'm an elitist. My wife is kind of the same way about Walmart; she'd much rather go into Target, because it's so much nicer inside. MySpace is kind of like Walmart in that both blast you with cluttered barrages of advertisements and noise pollution that, rather than feeling like quality information, look like trash. Do we really need TVs at checkout stands, scrolling nothing but commercials? Do we need four or five seperate banner ads mixed with an opening page that assumes the first things I want to look up are dates and "pimping my ride," when I've been happily married for eight years, and have no particular desire to make my luxury sedan in any way evoke images of marketing agents for prostitutes?

That said, MySpace does provide an outlet for finding new music, so it's not without its redeeming qualities. It just is, like most of the media that originates in the United States, designed for adolescents and college kids.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
takyoji
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Busy

Post by takyoji »

Sorry that I haven't read through this topic and stated my thoughts yet. As for ownership, this website is registered to and paid for by Anthony Brownrigg. I also believe the logo for The Pack is trademarked (or in the process thereof) to Anthony as well. The only contacts you have is Anthony, the administration, and The Pack itself.

As for a bomb shelter for The Pack (if hell ever broke lose and that the website became inaccessible for a while), I think we'd be able to manage such a thing on another server elsewhere. We have nightly backups so if something did happen, all is not lost at all. I even have a couple backups here and there. Minimally it'll just be the IRC channel as a temporary form of contact between members in case if something did go wrong or if upgrades were being done. So again, this website isn't going to die. If we lose the domain (due to lack of funding or something), we would be able to still run it elsewhere.
Avatar original image by "sometimesong" of Flickr, released under the Creative Commons license (share-alike, attribution, non-commercial, no-derivatives)
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise
Mood: RAR!

Re:

Post by Kaebora »

Baphnedia wrote:It's likely going to break my poor little brain... hmm...

What will probably happen is I'll work with some Pack members on a project, then slap a Pack logo on it when it's done? *thinks hard*
The Pack logo is the copyright property of A. Brownrigg, so that's the only permission I think you'd need. That and the permission from the other pack members that are contributing. So in otherwords, all the trademark images/names are still AB's.

When I used Figarou's character in a CG short, I had to get written permission from him so the college would allow it. Legal stuff can get crazy sometimes.
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora