In The Shadows..- Game thread

Here you can role-play as your favorite character in a structured and planned environment that requires commitment from players and storytellers alike.

Moderators: Silvermoon, Silver Predator Wolf, Wingman, Thunderclaw, Grayheart

OukaHowls
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Howling all the time...
Mood: Happy
Location: In my dog's pen. Playing and feeding them. ( lot's of dog food, believe me. I have 20 dogs...)

Re: In The Shadows..- Game thread

Post by OukaHowls »

Ouka kept her gaze at the door, eyes glowing and still wondering if the human Mugen had just said about was indeed the hunter they had passed before. She shifted back to her human state and carefully covered herself back with the jacket, zipping it up more. " Mugen, did you see how the human looked?" She said pondering her thoughts. " Because if I'm correct, it might be the hunter." a thought then occurred to her. " Is Caelean still up on the roof?"
" May the darkness never scare you, but calm you through the night..."
InfiniteShadowMugen
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Death awaits you in the dark realm
Mood: Depressed

Post by InfiniteShadowMugen »

"That was definitely a hunter. He had the scent of some poison that demonslayers back in Japan used against we Ookami Yokai...And I think she still is. I'll go see."

Mugen motioned for Ouka to stay put. He then swiftly opened the door, exited the building, and closed it before the humans could notice. Still hidden by the ability he had used, he rushed up the stairs, leaping over the hunter and climbing his way up to the roof. Once he found Caelean, he whispered.

"Caelean, hunters are here at the building, and one of them is headed this way. We need you back in the room."

He went bakc to see how far away from them the hunter was.
I'm the fear that keeps you awake
I'm the shadows on the wall
I'm the monsters they become
I'm the nightmare in your skull
I'm a dagger in your back
An extra turn upon the rack
I'm the quivering of your heart
A stabbing pain, a sudden start.
darkest wolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: "Begin the day with a friendly voice- a companion unobtrusive, plays that song that's so elusive and the magic music makes your morning mood..."- The Spirit of Radio- Rush
Additional Details: l------------l
l------------l
l------5--3--l
l-3----5--3--l
l-3----3--1--l
l-1----------l
Mood: Excited

Post by darkest wolf »

"If I knew any better, I'd say that it was the hunter we'd met earlier." John turned around, Ouka was nowhere to be found, he continued on anyway "And, although I've not seen any of them, I have a feeling he's brought buddies, its just a logical thing to do."

John grabbed his last fresh clip of ammo from his pocket, replacing his used one. There were still a few bullets remaining, but it would much more convenient to have a full clip, then run through the used one if need be.

"Normally I'd say that someone should check that out, but that would reveal our location." he held the gun up to his eyeline, peeking through the sight, he then put it back into his holster. "They came here for wolves, so I say we give them one. I'll sneak out, hopefully they'll go after me, I'll lead them away from here. Then, if I can manage, hopefully lose them in an alley or something."

-Photo and avatar by takyoji

"He who dares wins."- Winston Churchill
Moss27
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Moon Hunter
Mood: Bored

Post by Moss27 »

Clark Gale:
(Note: I'm assuming that Caelean heard the message, snuck down the building and through the window into the room, since I can't post twice in a row.)

Clark slowly continued to climb, trying to find the smallest traces of blood. Once and a while, it felt like a small rush of wind passed by, but he couldn't fire a gun; that would alert the whole building. They would assume he's a terrorist. Screaming silently, he played along and didn't stop to investigate.

Clark's cellphone vibrated. He took it out of his pocket, and it was Jimmy on the other end. "What?" Clark whispered.

Jimmy wasn't whispering however. "Damn it, Gale, there's no girl up here! And before that, wasn't it a little breezy?"

Clark grumbled. "Don't go trigger happy yet. Monsters or not, there's something not right about this building. Come down quietly and cover me. I feel like I'm getting close. Call Wendell and tell him to be prepared." Without waiting for an answer, he closed his cell and bent down on the ground.

He may not be a Monster, but the stench of blood was like an addiction. They're on this floor, I know it, he thought. Making sure there weren't any civilians coming down the hallway, he took out a semi-automatic pistol, ready to fend for himself.

When Jimmy saw him crouching, he made no sounds and followed suit. Clark was now fixed onto one door.
"I didn't do my homework, so why am I in trouble for something I didn't do?"
InfiniteShadowMugen
Legendary
Legendary

Mugen saw the hunter. Getting behind the human, he picked up a rock and hit him on the back of the head. He then returned to his wolf form, making himself visible to Clark.

"Human, you best be off. I do not want to partake of your flesh and blood. Now GO!!"

He let out a deep snarl, hoping to intimidate the hunter.

" And don't even think of shooting me. If you even touch the trigger, I'll bite your hand off!"
Moss27
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Moss27 »

Clark Gale:

Clark fumbled down onto his side, attacked by the hidden Monster. He was shocked and temporarily deaf. When the werewolf revealed himself, he shouted, "Jimmy, hold it!"

Jimmy sprang from his crouch and attempted to hold down the feral wolf. He jumped onto the wolf's back and managed to hold one arm. "Gale, get up! No time for any mistakes!"
InfiniteShadowMugen
Legendary
Legendary

Mugen struggled against the human on his back. His rage intensifying, he grew to the full size of this form. He now stood twenty feet at the shoulder, his fangs as long as a human arm. He shook off the hunter, turning around and snatching the human's leg in his large jaws.
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

"No, John," Dan said, standing. "I'll do it. I have eldritch means of dealing with this. My reserves have replenished enough for some action, I just have to measure it out carefully."

"I'll get Mr. Hero and make sure that he doesn't get himself ventilated."

He made an unusual hand gesture and muttered something softly, and his skin took on a sandpapery texture, like that of rough stone. He opened the door and stepped out, moving stiffly and loudly, like some sort of animate golem.

Stoneskin is such a hinderance, Dan reflected, trying not to dwell on his lie to John - he had only enough magic for this one spell. It'll stop anything short of a rifle round though...

It didn't take him long to find Mugen and the hunters, slowed as he was. "Ah, there you are," he commented nonchalantly, though he did make a point of raise a stony eyebrow at Mugen. "Bad dog. Put the nice man down, please."

He folded his hands behind his back, the movement accompanied by a sound like stone sliding against stone. "Now, Mr. Hunter, I apologize for my companion's lack of manners, but he's not found of surprises like the kind you undoubtedly planned to spring on us. We'd appreciate it if you left."

He grinned, showing teeth like marble. "Act within the first five minutes of this offer and you leave with all extremities you've managed to keep until now. After that, well, my friend seems rather angry and I cannot guarantee your or your friend's safety. Additionally, a fight in this place, well, it puts a lot of innocents at risk. We don't wish that, do we? Can you sleep at night if one of your stray bullets kills someone, Mr. Hunter?"
InfiniteShadowMugen
Legendary
Legendary

Mugen let Jimmy down, returning to his humanoid form.

"I recommend you listen, unless you are willing to have your last sights to be my transformation."

A single black tail appeared on him, accompanied by wolf-like ears.
Moss27
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Moss27 »

Clark Gale:

Clark saw the door open as the last of the ringing subsided. Out came, literally, a rock solid humanoid. Must be the Warlock. Gale sneered at the figure. The Warlock suggested him to leave, of all things. At least he got the werewolf to temporarily stop.

Clark wasn't in the mood for witty banter after last night. He jumped up and pinned the now human werewolf to the wall, his pistol at the head. "Jim, plant the concussives, NOW."

Jimmy slid his hands over all of his pockets and packs. "No good, Gale. Just one smoker."

"Use it. No time for delays." Deciding against a slaughter house, he butted the werewolf towards the open room. The grenade had its pin pulled and thrown inside as well.
InfiniteShadowMugen
Legendary
Legendary

In a flash, his demonic speed kicked in as he grabbed Gale by the throat...yet something was different. A partial white mask began to form on the left side of his face. His eyes had turned bright green. His voice altered radically.

"Nice try, you fool. Keheheheheh."

His gripped tightened as he moved his gaze to Clark Gale's face.

"Too bad, Mugen, but it seems that reasoning with this human won't work this time.
Aki
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Aki »

"He's running dogfood-for-brains, let him go so he can make his escape," Dan shouted, grinding his marbled teeth together in frustration and grasping Mugen's shoulder firmly. "Chill your testosterone levels for five minutes."

"And cut that out that Halloween bullshit you've got going on with your face."
InfiniteShadowMugen
Legendary
Legendary

"Halloween bull s***, eh? Sorry, but that isn't going to happen."

He quickly span around, grabbing Dan by the throat as well.

"Mugen is currently...shall we say 'preoccupied' at the moment. I am Mayuri."

He threw the two away, drawing a dark red katana.
OukaHowls
Legendary
Legendary
Location: In my dog's pen. Playing and feeding them. ( lot's of dog food, believe me. I have 20 dogs...)

Post by OukaHowls »

Ouka could hear the fighting proceed in the hallway, she had an urge to stay and wait but her curiosity got the better of her. The spell Mugen had put on her earlier had finally worn off and now was visible, she walked to the door and opened it wider to see. She fell in shock as she saw Mugen attack Dan, her eyes widened and she felt like she was stopped in time. Finally after a moments pause she turned around to John and yelled fearfully at him; " John! Mugen is attacking Dan!" Was all she got out of her.

Ouka turned back to the battle, she tilted the jacket off of her, her fur now showed on her neck and legs and a tail was now seen. Her fangs grew longer and her claws sharper, a snout was now forming, her feet turning more into wolves feet. She had shifted completely into a Lycanthrope. Eyes glowing, she turned back to john; " You might have to fight this one as yourself, fight as a Lycanthrope!" She said and ran down the hall. Ouka grabbed hold of Mugen's back and held on tightly, though she was scared of what he had just become.
Moss27
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Moss27 »

Clark Gale:

They're fighting each other... That's promising... though, this isn't....! Clark was mulling over the raging werewolf, only to be thrown down the hallway and slammed into the opposite wall. He gasped for air, his lungs rattled from two impacts to his breathing. This is not good... He stared into the eyes of the assumed "werewolf." "That's no ordinary monster right there..." He's seen his share of werewolves, but never one that insane.

The grenade finally released its contents, thick smoke now engulfing the open room and spewing out into the hallway. Clark could faintly hear other voices coming from below and to his sides; guess they were too loud, anyway.

Clark supported himself by his knee. Jimmy ran to help him up. "What do you make of thatthing inside?"

"No... idea..." Clark's breathing was still ragged. "Jim, call in Wendell. But make sure he's still on the defense." Not worrying about civilians any longer, Clark took his pistol and started to shoot blindly into the smoke.
darkest wolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: "Begin the day with a friendly voice- a companion unobtrusive, plays that song that's so elusive and the magic music makes your morning mood..."- The Spirit of Radio- Rush
l------------l
l------5--3--l
l-3----5--3--l
l-3----3--1--l
l-1----------l

Post by darkest wolf »

John flicked the safety off of his gun and drew it from it's holster, now aimed square at what was Mugen. Although Ouka had implored him to change, he promised himself he wouldn't unless he needed to, a promise he'd made to himself long ago.

He exhaled deeply, taking all the restraint he could muster to stop himself from pulling the trigger. He didn't want to endanger Dan, the situation was precarious enough. Just as things appeared that they couldn't get any worse, smoke poured through the hallway, obviously from the grenade the hunter outside had thrown.

"C'mon, Mugen, lay off of the 'evil bad guy' crap." He said, advancing forward, then ducking as bullets passed by his head "I'd hate to have to put a round through you, I really would."

InfiniteShadowMugen
Legendary
Legendary

The monster threw Gale at Jimmy, quickly spinning around to shake Ouka off.

"How many times do I have to tell you, you fools?! I am NOT Mugen!"

Accompanied by a slight swoosh, he vanished, reappearing behind John. He grabbed the lycanthrope's shoulder, laughing maniacally. With a swift movement of his arm, he swung the blade, shearing through Jonh's skin. His sword pulsed, causing the woun to spurt out five times the amount of blood he would have lost.

"Mugen may be one of you, but I am not! I am the worst thing you will ever see!"

Still laughing, he swung the blade again, releasing a large energy wave from his sword. The attack flew towards the hunters. During the attack, he teleported again, running at Ouka while swinging his strange sword. Each swing was accompanied by another energy wave.

Disappear!

The energy waves stopped as he grabbed the growing mask on the left side of his face.

"N-NO!!! What are you doing?! We could have beaten them!! Don't interfere!!"

This is not your fight! I will not allow you to kill anyone, especially Ouka!!!!!

Pulling harder at the mask, he let out a shrill, unearthly shriek as he ripped the mask off. Slowly, his voice returned to normal. After a few seconds, he let out a relieved sigh.

"Phew...Sorry about that disturbance. Let's get back to the task at hand."
darkest wolf
Legendary
Legendary
l------------l
l------5--3--l
l-3----5--3--l
l-3----3--1--l
l-1----------l

Post by darkest wolf »

"Yeah...how about not?" John said, grabbing his shoulder, blooding pouring down his arm. He picked his gun up from the ground, pointing it back at Mugen "Why don't you put your hands on your head and step away?"

He closed his eyes, trying to clear his head, he was getting dizzier by the second, consciousness just a fading light. He tried to slow his breathing in an attempt to slow his heart, hoping that it could control the bleeding. After managing to slow the pouring blood, he sighed, still light-headed. John looked down at his blood stained shirt for a moment before looking back up to Mugen.

"I knew we shouldn't have trusted you," John said, gulping hard; his head still spinning "And now here you are, a split personality freak who just happens to want to kill us all. Oh wait, you weren't Mugen, its not your fault, right?"

OukaHowls
Legendary
Legendary

Post by OukaHowls »

Ouka rushed to John and examined his shoulder, trying to think of a way to stop his bleeding. She ran to a towel that was inside the bathroom and came back to John, wrapping the towel around his arm and tightened it good to help slow down the bleeding. Ouka had sadness in her eyes as she looked toward Mugen, feeling hatred and regret inside her. Why would Mugen do such a thing? She thought to herself, now wondering if Mugen had lied about his own pack. She did not know what to do, whether to banish him or let him stay.
All she did was lean on the wall, thinking to herself. After a moments pause, she got up and walked into Ronan's room, grabbed his jacket and walked to the stairs to go on top of the building. " I'll be on the roof..." she said, sounding like a whisper.

------
On top of the building she shifted into her human state, naked and cold, she covered herself with Ronan's jacket. Sitting down and looking at the sky, she began to think of what just happened.
InfiniteShadowMugen
Legendary
Legendary

"John, that wasn't truly me back there. I lost control over my evil half...I am sorry about that...But I would never attempt to kill you. I am doing my best to keep him under control."

He healed John's arm, then went up to the roof. He walked up behind Ouka, sighing softly.

"Ouka...That wasn't me who was fighting back there...I swear it wasn't...."
darkest wolf
Legendary
Legendary
l------------l
l------5--3--l
l-3----5--3--l
l-3----3--1--l
l-1----------l

Post by darkest wolf »

John stopped for a moment, wondering whether he should go after Mugen or attempt to take out the rest of the hunters. Humans were considerably easier to kill than his own kin, there was no doubt about it. If he ran, he might make it, but where would that leave Dan? Alone, with numbers that did not favor him.

He looked at his healed arm, it appeared that Mugen was truly sorry, but after what he had done...he could not be trusted; evil side or not. John was torn, he obviously couldn't put his faith in him...but could he kill him?

Moss27
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Moss27 »

Clark Gale:
(I'm finding that the actual human threat is being ignored... so yeah. The NPCs could've been killed a LONG time ago)

Clark stopped firing when the crazed werewolf was being assaulted by its own companions. Clark whispered to Jimmy, "Once they're done... head inside and attack the nearest target." Jim nodded, and waited in the smoke.

Clark saw one werewolf run in the direction of the roof, and the crazed werewolf run after it. He saw a chance to get in. He ran up to the one with the gun and twisted the wrist to let the gun drop. Jim got past him and entered the still smoked-out room. "Surrender without a struggle... and you'll die a quick and less painful death."
darkest wolf
Legendary
Legendary
l------------l
l------5--3--l
l-3----5--3--l
l-3----3--1--l
l-1----------l

Post by darkest wolf »

(Sorry about that, I suppose we all got a little preoccupied...)

John

Massaging his wrist for a brief moment, John turned to face the hunter once more. He put his fists up in a defensive stance, his weight on the balls of his feet.

"Surrender without a fight, eh?" John asked "I'd rather not die in subordination, thank you."

"I would also like to add, that if I am going to die," he rolled back the sleeves of his dress shirt "I'd rather die in a fair fight. So why don't you two just drop your weapons and, as they say, 'settle this like men'?"

Aki
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Aki »

"Now, you could've run in that smoke," Dan said, his voice like gravel and sounding and irate. "And got away. Now you've come back and I am not in a forgiving mood."

He clomped towards Jimmy, grabbing the hunter's gun hand and his throat, hand tight enough to choke the man. Dan was no stronger than he was normally, but Jimmy - or Clark for that matter - would have a hard time removing him by shooting or beating him in his stony state. The skin was a tough armor and made him immune to pain, even if it also removed any sort of sense of touch beyond the most vague sensation of touching something.
darkest wolf
Legendary
Legendary
l------------l
l------5--3--l
l-3----5--3--l
l-3----3--1--l
l-1----------l

Post by darkest wolf »

With Dan's aid, John made his move and swung his fist into Clark's jaw. The moment he made contact however, he knew that there was not enough force behind the blow, Clark would recover all too easily. Before taking time to wind up for a full punch, John let loose an uppercut to Clark's gut.

Hastily stepping back, he snuck a look at Dan who appeared to be handling himself rather well. Reaching into his pocket for a moment, John drew his knife and wielded it underhand, waiting for Clark to make the next move.