JoshuaMadoc
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: HERO OF NIGHTMARES
Additional Details: I just don't care.
Mood: Indifferent

Re: Venting

Post by JoshuaMadoc »

Now i know why i hate Quest for Camelot.

The action is so restrained it makes that Dora the Explorer game for the PSX play like God of War.

Way to waste Gary Oldman and Bronson Pinchot's time, guys.
IndianaJones
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Anime/Furry/Disney Fanatic
Additional Details: I like transformations and humans being turned into animals, furries, and monsters.
Mood: Relief

Post by IndianaJones »

No offense, but I 'Hate' gangs, gangbangers, drug-addicts, low-lives, drug dealers, and street slangs.
Disney/Disneyland fans and theme parks!
http://micechat.com/

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ZanderFox/
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise
Mood: RAR!

Post by Kaebora »

Ok, I rarely have to vent about anything, but dangit. Sometimes things erk me enough.

I've been studying extensively about Wallabys, preparing for the day when I own one. I of course will not buy one until I am absolutely certain I have everything it needs to live happilly. My reasons for having a pet Wallaby is due to how affectionate and family oriented they are. Compared to dogs and cats, they are about as intelligent, thus can be housetrained without stressing the animal. I think it will be a wonderful animal-human family relationship that I can treasure.

I keep getting flak form people I tell this to, saying that I'm a bad person to want to domesticate a wild exotic animal. Um... no. It's not wild because it was born on a breeding farm, and just because its exotic doesn't mean it can't be happy in a domestic environment. Wallabys can survive in as diverse of environments as dogs can. The only conditional that I can't meet yet, is that it needs running room. Apartment renters need not apply, and I'm 100% aware of that.

I did my research, so they should do theirs before passing judgements on me. I'm not doing this for the "cool" factor. I just want an animal that is more personal than a dog or cat. A wallaby's uniquely strong love of family is something I'd like to share.

Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora
Baphnedia

Post by Baphnedia »

Aww, and they're so cute!

Well, my personal suggestion would be to get two. That way, if you're away at 'work' 16 hours a day (like I used to be), they won't go feral inside your apartment (which is what my cat practically did out of boredom). Or, don't live alone. :P
Everyday should be Towel Day.
Sekrit Identity: What?
Paradice Games: .com, Forums & Facebook
Midnight
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Midnight »

Last edited by Midnight on Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

So, does anyone else think China is either bribing or threatening the Olympic diving judges?

Seriously, after all the crap the Chinese government has pulled during these Olympics, if anybody in the future accuses me of loving China just because I'm a bleedin' heart liberal pansy and proud of it, they better be prepared to defend that with their fists. :x
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

After the poor humanitarian rights and what they've done with Tibet, I didn't need the Olympics to affirm my dislike for China.
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

Mm. I think they wanted the Olympics so they could bluff being an open and progressive nation, but all it's done is proven to the world that they are anything but. I honestly think the P.R.C. is going to go the way of the U.S.S.R. and collapse. It's not the Olympics that will cause it, but I do think a lot of us will look back at the games as the first hint that it was coming.
And I wish the best of luck to you Kaebora. Damn those are cute. :D
Kaebora

Post by Kaebora »

The funny thing is, that picture I posted isn't two wallabys hugging. It's two males fighting. lol. If I got two of them for the playmate factor, it would be two females. They are less aggressive or prone to playfighting. Males tend to want to play-fight even when full grown. Ouchies if you get kicked.

Though you never want to mix two males and one female. Either you get fined for illegal breeding, or get two injured males from fighting over the female. Heh.
:|
-Kaebora
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

I hope you know people who work at zoos or something similar, if that thing gets sick an ordinary vet won't be able to treat it.

Hell, they consider rabbits exotic animals.
Kaebora

Post by Kaebora »

Zoos are no help. They don't really give a damn about animals that aren't theirs (at least not here). The Albuquerque Zoo has an exhibit for Wallaroos and Wallabys, but they don't have the budget to be caring for other people's animals.

There are exotic animal vets here. Two in Albuquerque that I know of. Someone had a Skunk up there crawling around the waiting room last time I went to check it out. It bit my shoe.
:P
-Kaebora
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets

Post by MoonKit »

Kaebora wrote:Someone had a Skunk up there crawling around the waiting room last time I went to check it out. It bit my shoe.
Hey, skunks are cute! :D
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
Kaebora

Post by Kaebora »

MoonKit wrote:
Kaebora wrote:Someone had a Skunk up there crawling around the waiting room last time I went to check it out. It bit my shoe.
Hey, skunks are cute! :D
I agree. An old friend of mine has one. But some aren't accustomed to strangers, so this one bit my shoes as I was walking.
@.@
-Kaebora
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

Today I took the train into Boston for a job interview with the Boston Duck Tours for a photographer (and no, the "duck" part did not influence my decision to apply) and was promptly rejected for one simple reason: I didn't have any prior work as a photographer on my resume.

This, however, ties into two major gripes:

1) When did everyone, and I mean everyone suddenly decide to refuse to hire anyone if they don't have any experience? I can't get experience until somebody hires me, and if somebody hired me, that would mean I already had work and wouldn't need to apply to any of these [bleep] $10-an-hour jobs that I've been applying to for the past year.

That's my beef with all the perspective employers I've spoken to in the last year. The next one, however, I have only with the Boston Duck Tours in general:

2) They essentially rejected me because they didn't like my resume, but here's the thing: I e-mailed it to them in my initial application, and I clearly spelled out for them in the e-mail that I had never been a photographer professionally and had only pursued it as an art trade. They should have known right then and there that I was not what they were looking for when they got my e-mail, but they still decided to call me and have me come in for an interview so they could tell me to my face that I was not what they were looking for.

I can understand the rejection, but what in God's name possessed them to have me waste a $20.00 on train and subway fare and an entire day of my time when they knew full well they were not going to give me the job? What kind of [bleep] does that?!

I was prepared to post on the Pack board if I got the job "hey, if you're in Boston, swing by the Boston Duck Tours and say hi," but now that I know what kind of [expletive]s run them, I'm instead going to ask for the opposite: If you're in Boston, boycott the Boston [bleep] Tours. They just knowingly duped me into pissing $20.00 of my hard-saved money away and I didn't even get one of those [bleep]ing duck calls they love to harass pedestrians with; no sense in you giving them any of your money directly.
Noir-Okami
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Troper
Mood: Excited

Post by Noir-Okami »

I hate the song Kid Rock's "All Summer Long." :x
He ripped off Warren Zevon's "Werewolves of London."
I'm working on a werewolf novel, while liking to stay up late at night and going to college. I'm going to be sleep-deprived when this is all said and done. :sleepy:

Anthony Brownrigg, I hope you have the best of luck with Freeborn. RedEye, I also wish you the best of luck with Wulfen Blood. And for a bit of luck for both of you... :ducktoss3:
Gevaudan
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Music Lover
Additional Details: Find me under my new username @RhyeRhythm on Twitter, Telegram, FurAffinity, Weasyl, and Furry Network!
Mood: Happy

Post by Gevaudan »

Terastas wrote:Today I took the train into Boston for a job interview with the Boston Duck Tours for a photographer (and no, the "duck" part did not influence my decision to apply) and was promptly rejected for one simple reason: I didn't have any prior work as a photographer on my resume.

This, however, ties into two major gripes:

1) When did everyone, and I mean everyone suddenly decide to refuse to hire anyone if they don't have any experience? I can't get experience until somebody hires me, and if somebody hired me, that would mean I already had work and wouldn't need to apply to any of these [bleep] $10-an-hour jobs that I've been applying to for the past year.
That's Catch-22. It's the curse of bureaucracy. :P
Terastas wrote:That's my beef with all the perspective employers I've spoken to in the last year. The next one, however, I have only with the Boston Duck Tours in general:

2) They essentially rejected me because they didn't like my resume, but here's the thing: I e-mailed it to them in my initial application, and I clearly spelled out for them in the e-mail that I had never been a photographer professionally and had only pursued it as an art trade. They should have known right then and there that I was not what they were looking for when they got my e-mail, but they still decided to call me and have me come in for an interview so they could tell me to my face that I was not what they were looking for.

I can understand the rejection, but what in God's name possessed them to have me waste a $20.00 on train and subway fare and an entire day of my time when they knew full well they were not going to give me the job? What kind of [bleep] does that?!

I was prepared to post on the Pack board if I got the job "hey, if you're in Boston, swing by the Boston Duck Tours and say hi," but now that I know what kind of [expletive]s run them, I'm instead going to ask for the opposite: If you're in Boston, boycott the Boston [bleep] Tours. They just knowingly duped me into pissing $20.00 of my hard-saved money away and I didn't even get one of those [bleep]ing duck calls they love to harass pedestrians with; no sense in you giving them any of your money directly.
It's things like that that really give me doubt about the good nature of humanity. It angers me that someone would manipulate you like that by wasting your time and calling you down to tell you that you DIDN'T get the job. It seems to make absolutely no sense, and the best explanation that I can come up with is that they simply don't care. Spread the word.
And everything under the sun is in tune, but the sun is eclipsed by the moon.

Find me under my new username @RhyeRhythm on Twitter, Telegram, FurAffinity, Weasyl, and Furry Network!
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

If it makes you feel any better, a lot of companies do that. It's a pro-forma thing so they can say that they aren't discriminating.
As in: If they just e-mail you that you didn't get the job; they could be accused of discrimination against you simply because you filed by e-mail and they never gave you a chance.
By bringing you in and telling you to your face, they can say that they did indeed give you the chance to appear and change their minds; even though such minds as they have were already made up.
Basically, it's a game that a lot of businesses engage in to protect themselves against discrimation claims.
Yeah, it and they are stupid. Lots of management-types are.
Hint: next time, call and ask if this is pre-intake or just their way of doing things. Tell them that you have limited means and don't want to waste your money if they don't want to hire you.
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

Or they could have just not responded to my e-mail at all. That's what happens to most of the e-mails I send out, and I certainly would have preferred that over that big fat waste of time and money they subjected me to instead. :x
Berserker
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Berserker »

eBay is completely stupid, and they've pulled the last straw. They restricted my sellers account for "poor performance," but they didn't tell me why, and they WON'T tell me why. I have 99% positive feedback over 12 months with only 1 negative rating, and I've never had ANY disputes or other problems. I've always paid my fees on time and I don't have an outstanding balance. There is NO REASON why my account should be suspended, but it is, and I can't figure it out.

I talked to customer service FOUR FREAKING TIMES about this crap and they keep feeding me the same garbage. "We're sorry but your seller's account has been suspended due to poor performance." OH REALLY? NO S*** SHERLOCK. They won't tell me WHY. I just want to know WHY! Apparently that's too much to ask. How am I expected to FIX IT if I can't even find out what the problem is?

I'm closing my eBay account after this fiasco. Too much goddamn trouble to earn a few dollars over the internet.
Kaebora

Post by Kaebora »

Sounds like someone placed a complaint against you. If accusations of certain acts are made, Ebay is very vigilant of stopping it. So this goes without saying that their methods of investigation involve locking the account while they check things out. Paypal is the same way. It prevents further malicious acts from being performed while they confirm the suspitions. So in otherwords, someone ratted you out with a lie just be a jerk. That's my guess.
-Kaebora
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

If I ever find the guy who coded that damn Trojan I'm going to hang him by his own intestines.

I'm also going to beat the employees of Microsoft over the head with a stick for making it so I can't delete that useless Internet Explorer folder.

Oh, and when I'm done with them, Symantec is getting a beating too. Norton Antivirus COMPLETELY missed said Trojan described above. Managed to get it off with Avast! though.
Spongy
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Spongy »

Yet another reason I moved away from Windows.

By the way, Norton Antivirus really isn't the best. I'd go for Avast or AVG.
BornIntolegend
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
Custom Title: Sing me a song.. and I'll sing it back to you.
Mood: Ruthless

Post by BornIntolegend »

Vent... Yeah I need that..

I have two boyfriends right now..

I love number one but I don't get what I need from him I'm not in love with number two but he can support, and provide for me.

GASP!! help.. advise.. shot gun..?
And the heart of a wolf beat beneath her breast.

Xiroteus
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Happy

Post by Xiroteus »

Berserker wrote:eBay is completely stupid, and they've pulled the last straw. They restricted my sellers account for "poor performance," but they didn't tell me why, and they WON'T tell me why. I have 99% positive feedback over 12 months with only 1 negative rating, and I've never had ANY disputes or other problems. I've always paid my fees on time and I don't have an outstanding balance. There is NO REASON why my account should be suspended, but it is, and I can't figure it out.

I talked to customer service FOUR FREAKING TIMES about this crap and they keep feeding me the same garbage. "We're sorry but your seller's account has been suspended due to poor performance." OH REALLY? NO S*** SHERLOCK. They won't tell me WHY. I just want to know WHY! Apparently that's too much to ask. How am I expected to FIX IT if I can't even find out what the problem is?

I'm closing my eBay account after this fiasco. Too much goddamn trouble to earn a few dollars over the internet.
Just read this, I have been dealing with Ebay for over ten years and have been lucky to avoid such a thing, they should tell you what the prblem is, you cannot fix something if you do not know, Ebay gets worse each year, more crazy rules and guidelines to follow, people want Google to make an auction site.
AngryGothChick
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Hello person.
Mood: Depressed

Post by AngryGothChick »

I normally vent my anger out on myspace.I won't vent my anger here,because when I'm angry,I usually swear and just go crazy.

G RATED VENTING:

My computer is being stupid again.It keeps shutting down on me and freezing!Grr!Curse you technology!And the stupid trogan horses that are messing my computer up!

Ahh!I hate school.I just want to get a magical pass to get out of my french class.I have a good feeling I'm going to fail.Okay,French overall isn't my least favorite.But being surrounded by idiotic,immature losers in my other classes really bothers me.I'd rater spend my class time in the library reading,or doing research on things.At least,I won't be disturbed there.Unlike in my science class,where poser thugs and sluts and jerk-offs think they are so cool,and might cause me to freakin fail.It pisses me off how me and my friends work our butts off to get good grades,and we'll be graduating with a bunch of idiots.

Oh,and whats with all these people who get all offended if you disagree with them?I swear,I got threats from Hannah Montana fans because I said Miley isn't that great of a musician.She is so annoying!!

[Yeah,I'm ranting,and not really venting.I did mean it when I said I do get more angry and go on a swear spree when I vent,which sounds better than me just wanting to beat the crap out of someone or something,which makes me for violent and angry]
Out by sixteen or dead on the scene, but together forever