Dog owners, come here. :D

The place for anything at all...
OukaHowls
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Howling all the time...
Mood: Happy
Location: In my dog's pen. Playing and feeding them. ( lot's of dog food, believe me. I have 20 dogs...)

Dog owners, come here. :D

Post by OukaHowls »

I am a dog owner, I have 20 dogs ( Recently 21, but is now only 20 from death.)

I like to talk about my dogs and if your a dog owner, then this is the place to talk
about YOUR dog(s). :D
I like to know about other peoples dogs and if they have lost a dog, I like to comfort them.

You can say anything about your dog, what he/she likes to eat, what tricks he/she has learned,
you know, stuff like that.

And if you need advice about your dog, then come to me. ( I should know, I have 20 dogs.)
Ask me about anything, health, sickness, trick advice, dog bread, ext.

I even know how to take care of a mother dog, about to give birth. ( I have had to do it twice.)
And the puppies.

So please, I would gladly like to talk to you about stuff like this.
(I will post my dogs up here later.)
" May the darkness never scare you, but calm you through the night..."
Konietzko
Legendary
Legendary

Re: Dog owners, come here. :D

Post by Konietzko »

I have no dogs now, but having just moved out from the parents house last January, I always had dogs around for most of my life, as the maternal unit is a dog maniac. 14 dogs, 11 of which are small mongrels, a miniature pinscher, and two Great Danes. One of the 11 mongrels, technically, is mine, but he can't stay with me right now, as I really can't afford both the increase in rent and the increase of grocery and vet bills to keep him.

And he is....in fact...a very strange little dog, named Maximillion, "max" for short. He...kinda looks like a 20 pound chow-chow mixed with a dachsund. He's jet black, and has a chow like head and longer fur, but he got little short legs and a long body. :lol: He looks completely ridiculous. He has this game that he likes to play with the other dogs. I call it "Couch King". He likes to get up on the couch, and stand there. Then he'll bark, yap, growl and howl trying to get the attention of the other dogs, which eventually brings them running. And they'll jump up on the couch with him to see what's wrong...or at least they'll try, because Max'll rear back and smack them up side their heads with his front paws while they're jumping up, or he'll bite them, or any number of way he can knock the other dogs off course from getting up on the couch with him. And since he has ten other dogs who're trying to get up there with him sometimes, he's pretty busy when he's playing. He'll detour one, have to run to the other side, run off another, spin, knock one off of the couch that jumped up when he wasn't looking. I still have no idea why he does this, except for pure entertainment value.

He's also kinda crafty. <_< My mother buys those rawhide bones, and he loves 'em. So she'll buy enough for all of the dogs and hand them out. But, see, one rawhide bone just isn't good enough for Max, he needs a collection hidden somewhere. So he'll go and he'll hide his, and then try to follow my mother around, pretending like he never got one. That, of course, never works, because even though there's 14 dogs, it's not real hard to remember if you gave all of them a treat or not. :lol: So, after failing at that, Max'll go about trying to rob the other dogs of theirs. This is where his craftiness shows through. He'll run over and look out of the window, and through the glass for a minute. Usually, the other dogs will see pedestrians outside the window, and they'll like to run outside to bark at them. They'll all go running at the bark of one, it's like a signal. So Max'll look out of the window...and pretend like he just spotted someone outside, and start barking. This gets the other dogs barking, even though they can't see anything...why would their packmate lie, for crying out loud!? There must be someone! So Max'll run full out halfway to the back door, barking the whole way, and the others will go too....only Max'll stop halfway. Meanwhile, the other 11 dogs keep going...right out the doggie door and into the yard to bark at the non-existent pedestrian that Max had spotted! Max'll take this moment to run back into the living room, steal as many of the rawhide bones that have bee left behind as he can, and hide them in his hiding spot. :roflmao: And then, when they get back inside and wonder where the heck their bones went, Max just climbs upp on the couch and looks innocent, as if he were saying "What? Don't look at me, mine's gone too, maybe you guys ate them all."

:lol: Every week or so, my mother will go back and empty Max's hiding spot, and he'll just stare at her while she does it, like "Hey! I worked hard to get all of that!" he'll stash everything. Rawhide bones, chew toys, mouthfuls of dry dog food that he'll take out of the bowl and run back there to drop off for whatever reason(I guess maybe he figures he might want a snack while committing larceny on the bones later...) The dog's a lunatic.
"Unchained,
Unrestrained,
Unbroken,
In my world...
The Gods have fangs."
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

That is so cute :lol: Your dog sounds awesome 8) lol

We used to have a dog named Gilby. A yellow lab. Got him as a puppy back in '92. Died a few years ago from old age problems :cry: We buried him in the backyard by the garden. Gilby was a sweet dog, was never mean to anyone or anything. He even let our cats eat food out of his bowl while he waited for his turn. Everytime we came back home from some trip, he would run up to the car crying for joy, wagging his tail super fast and having to have something to hold in his mouth like a rock or something.
Gilby would always run away if he was by himself outside and a thunderstorm would come. Once we came back home right after a storm passed and he was gone for a couple days. Turned up a few miles away with another family. After having him home for a couple hours the lady who had him called us in near tears because turnes out Gilby got inside their brand new pool and tore up the lining with his claws when he tried to swim out. lol
He was a good dog; I miss him. :(
We are going to go to the pound to get a new dog soon, not that it would replace Gilby.
darkest wolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: "Begin the day with a friendly voice- a companion unobtrusive, plays that song that's so elusive and the magic music makes your morning mood..."- The Spirit of Radio- Rush
Additional Details: l------------l
l------------l
l------5--3--l
l-3----5--3--l
l-3----3--1--l
l-1----------l
Mood: Excited

Post by darkest wolf »

Sorry to hear that, Silverclaw. :(

I've got a few dogs myself, a german shepard (Who was destined to become a police dog, but we picked him up from the breeder before they got there. :P He's freaking huge...), a dog I rescued that was supposedly a Golden Retriever- its more like a Lab/ Retriever mix, and a little Shih Tzu/ Pomeranian mix.

-Photo and avatar by takyoji

"He who dares wins."- Winston Churchill
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Scott Gardener »

My wife and I have a pair of cocker spaniels named Pocky and Mr. B. "Pocky" is a Japanese snack, as many Anime fans or any of you who's been to A-Kon may know. "Mr. B" is the second dog to bear the name, the original being a Llasa Apso (however that's spelled) who died before I ever met Cathey, who was in turn named after a nickname given to her son Blaine. The two are about a year old, and they're going to graduate a beginning obedience class we've been taking with them in a week. They love the interaction, and it's helped us figure them out better. Cathey is a veteran dog show-er who has raised Afghan hounds, so I've wondered for years why after she worked with such stunning and noble animals that she loves so much a goofy breed like the cocker--she previously had rescue cockers, including Blot, whom I knew since I first met Cathey back in 1995, until Blot passed away early last year. Still, in spite of myself and my preference for ears that stick upright rather than flop, I have quickly grown to love these two.

Right now, Pocky has a left forepaw wound; we're not sure how he got it, but we suspect it is from one of his many frantic jumps against either a door or rocky ground. It's being a bit slow to heal because of his hyperactivity, and we've had to resort to an e-collar to keep him from licking it. It seems to be healing, and he doesn't seem to mind the collar nearly as much as we feared he would, though his brother keeps trying to pull it off when the two play with each other.

There's no way in heck that we could manage a high maintainance breed like an Afghan hound today. Getting two blunderbuss puppies to coexist peacefully with our cats is quite enough. Zara, our feisty little black cat, wants to tease them with her knowledge of quantum teleportation, while our Himilayan Mara just wants to be left alone so she can be a throw pillow. We have found that Pocky is better at math, while Mr. B's verbal skills seem to be more his talent.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
WerewolfKeeper3
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Darkness Surrounds me, Chaos commands me, and i see what others cannot
Mood: Relief

Post by WerewolfKeeper3 »

Let's see..
My dog's name is Lucky. We rescued her from the humanie society near my home town. She's a mix of something... sorta like the rest of the human population: We have no idea what's in her.
LEt's see... she likes sleeping in our beds, when she could. Now, we mostly sleep downstairs, and she's been having leg problems. We know it's from her weight but... we aren't exactly good at keeping her on a diet. Her special ability is the ability to make you feel so guilty you'll give her some food. If the doesn't work, she start yipping, and barking and growling until we give her something. That doesn't work, she use her front paw and place it on yourleg, scratch you leg, or basically give you a reason to feel horrible about yourself so you have to give her food.
I have this bed, it's one of those things that can folded up into a crappy chair and be carried around... well, when it's out, and she can get to it... she steals it from me! She lays there and basically, when i'm telling her to get off, she looks at me like "What? THis is my bed. Go get your own."
Oh, and we give her dog food; she ignore it and wants what we have... she's the baby of the family... and i love her. She's extremely sweet, like whenever company comes over, cause she likes to get petted. And she's actually friends with the Mailman. For anyone whose thinking about getting a new dog, or another one, go to the pound, or humaine society first. It's one less animal they have to put down. May Mutts rule the world! Oh wait, we already kinda do, don't we? YEah, humans are mutts... so what? :D

I'm dreading the day she has to go to vet one last time, or we wake up, and find she died in her sleep, which i would prefer... :( now i've just made myself sad... mmm...
No what you have are bullets in the hope that when your guns are empty I'm no longer standing. Because if I am, you'll all be before you've reloaded.
V, from V for Vendetta.

What a strange creature is man, that he cages himself so willingly?
-Athena from Appleseed (2004)
Konietzko
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Konietzko »

Yeah, losing one is always hard. :( One of the original Danes we had, named Bobo, died a few years back, actually. 180 lbs of floppy lipped, drooling, droopy eyed dogdom. He was always sort of the Sheriff around the house as far as the smaller mongrel dogs were concerned. he'd let them act up for awhile, but once they started getting on his nerves, he'd just raise his head from where he was laying, boom out a few barks, and they'd stop if they were getting out of hand. They were all still pups when we got them, so they basically grew up around the full grown beast of a dog. It was always funny to watch him dealing with these little half pound puppies crawling all over him. He was always excessively gentle with them, so far as to even be willing to let the crawl into his mouth when he was yawning and not bite them in response. Sadly, Bobo was a little large, even for his particular breed, and the larger Great Danes have a tendency to develop neurological disorders centering around the spinal cord at the base of their skulls. Bobo just ended up being one of those unlucky ones. It set in suddenly, and within a matter of two days, his equilibrium was so off that he couldn't even go up and down the stairs and keep balanced...he'd almost fall down them. He died a few days after, in our home. It was actually kind of neat the way it happened, though. I'm not being mean or morbid, but he'd been sick all day, short of breath, unable to move. But he fought it through...waited until I got home from work...waited until we all had our chances to say goodbye to him, and tell him that it was alright to let go and be at peace. We all knew that he was suffering.

My step-dad, whose dog he actually was, was the last to say it. He laid down next to him on the floor, and told him it was alright, and that he loved him...patted him on the side. And literally, at that moment, Bobo died. It was almost like the big lug was just waiting for that moment to let go, and have us all with him just one last time, and know that he was a part of the family and that he wouldn't be forgotten. It was sad to see him go, but at the same time...it was amazing that it seemed like he chose the time, and wouldn't go before he was ready.
"Unchained,
Unrestrained,
Unbroken,
In my world...
The Gods have fangs."
Ebony
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

Post by Ebony »

I don''t have any dogs but always wanted one :D
My oncel and aunt have one named Balder and he is my favorite dog. I don't know why but he have always been the number one dog for me. He's 10 years old and a old man now. I don't see him so often, but eveytime we are together he always lays on my side. He is very protectiv over me, I don't know why. One time my big sister tryd to drag me with her to the car because she wanted to me to come with her to the store but I didn't want to come and tryd to get away. It was just play and for fun, but Balder was there at once and started to bark at my big sister and tryd to scare her away from me. He didn't do anything and when she let go of me he lay down again.

Right now I'm spending a week with my family and my oncel, aunt and Balder on a farm. We allways spend a week her together in the summer and Balder is sleeping with my feet now. I don't know why he is like that, I don't see him so often. It have nerly been a year since I last saw him.

Here is photos of Balder

Balder and me playing

Konietzko
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Konietzko »

:roflmao: Awwww!

He's looking at you with the tether in his mouth as if he's saying "Hey....see this rope? Hows about....you take it off me? Please? I'll be your buddy."
"Unchained,
Unrestrained,
Unbroken,
In my world...
The Gods have fangs."
WerewolfKeeper3
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Darkness Surrounds me, Chaos commands me, and i see what others cannot

Konietzko wrote:Yeah, losing one is always hard. :( One of the original Danes we had, named Bobo, died a few years back, actually. 180 lbs of floppy lipped, drooling, droopy eyed dogdom. He was always sort of the Sheriff around the house as far as the smaller mongrel dogs were concerned. he'd let them act up for awhile, but once they started getting on his nerves, he'd just raise his head from where he was laying, boom out a few barks, and they'd stop if they were getting out of hand. They were all still pups when we got them, so they basically grew up around the full grown beast of a dog. It was always funny to watch him dealing with these little half pound puppies crawling all over him. He was always excessively gentle with them, so far as to even be willing to let the crawl into his mouth when he was yawning and not bite them in response. Sadly, Bobo was a little large, even for his particular breed, and the larger Great Danes have a tendency to develop neurological disorders centering around the spinal cord at the base of their skulls. Bobo just ended up being one of those unlucky ones. It set in suddenly, and within a matter of two days, his equilibrium was so off that he couldn't even go up and down the stairs and keep balanced...he'd almost fall down them. He died a few days after, in our home. It was actually kind of neat the way it happened, though. I'm not being mean or morbid, but he'd been sick all day, short of breath, unable to move. But he fought it through...waited until I got home from work...waited until we all had our chances to say goodbye to him, and tell him that it was alright to let go and be at peace. We all knew that he was suffering.

My step-dad, whose dog he actually was, was the last to say it. He laid down next to him on the floor, and told him it was alright, and that he loved him...patted him on the side. And literally, at that moment, Bobo died. It was almost like the big lug was just waiting for that moment to let go, and have us all with him just one last time, and know that he was a part of the family and that he wouldn't be forgotten. It was sad to see him go, but at the same time...it was amazing that it seemed like he chose the time, and wouldn't go before he was ready.
Mmm... i don't care what anyone says... animals have souls just as much as humans do.
(Seeing as they are animals, anyone who says that animals don't have souls but humans do is just contradicting themselves)
Well... i'm sorry he died... but... after he died, did you notice anything, odd? Like, all of a sudden in the midst of an uprising of the mongrels, they all just... calmed down immediately? Or something else similar to that?
No what you have are bullets in the hope that when your guns are empty I'm no longer standing. Because if I am, you'll all be before you've reloaded.
V, from V for Vendetta.

Konietzko
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Konietzko »

Not...really, no. If anything, the little mongrel brats got worse without him, almost within three or four hours. We'd never realized it, but Bobo was the one who'd keep them from getting into serious fights with each other by cowing them down whenever they started getting out of hand. As soon as that canine authority figure was gone, the squabbles that would erupt between the smaller ones went from what looked like playful wrestling matches to almost full out, knock down, drag out dog fights that had a tendency to end in drawn blood.

The parents bought another dane pup a few weeks later, hoping he'd fill the power vacuum and be the new sheriff when he got older, but Jack (the new dane, short version of "One Eyed Jack", as one of his eyes are brown, and the other one is sky blue...so at a distance, it looks like he only has one eyeball.) is just as bad as the small ones, and he's a little harder to stop when he gets mad than the smaller ones are. He'll just pick 'em up in his jaws and toss 'em.
"Unchained,
Unrestrained,
Unbroken,
In my world...
The Gods have fangs."
WerewolfKeeper3
Legendary
Legendary

Konietzko wrote:Not...really, no. If anything, the little mongrel brats got worse without him, almost within three or four hours. We'd never realized it, but Bobo was the one who'd keep them from getting into serious fights with each other by cowing them down whenever they started getting out of hand. As soon as that canine authority figure was gone, the squabbles that would erupt between the smaller ones went from what looked like playful wrestling matches to almost full out, knock down, drag out dog fights that had a tendency to end in drawn blood.

The parents bought another dane pup a few weeks later, hoping he'd fill the power vacuum and be the new sheriff when he got older, but Jack (the new dane, short version of "One Eyed Jack", as one of his eyes are brown, and the other one is sky blue...so at a distance, it looks like he only has one eyeball.) is just as bad as the small ones, and he's a little harder to stop when he gets mad than the smaller ones are. He'll just pick 'em up in his jaws and toss 'em.
Hmm... going to say he might have stuck around... but i'm thinking he just got tired of being the sheriff... not to be mean or cruel or the jackarse of course... tosses them {turns to lewis}
(Rukia Football!) Rukia Football!
(If you watch bleach you'll know what we're talking about...)
If not... one of the main characters is named Rukia. Another named Ichigo tosses her from a very long distance away to another character named Rengi...
(Hence Rukia Football... but i feel bad for you all. He'd probably looking down going "Crap... if only i'd been able to hold out a little bit longer..." he's still watching. I just think they don't listen anymore...)
And about the pictures Ebony posted...
(It does look like "I'll be your buddy if you let me off this thing.")
Either that or "THe blasted squirell is teasing me again. Can you please let off so i can go... talk to him? Please... i'll give you the puppy dog eyes if you don't."
V, from V for Vendetta.

outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

Immediately after highschool, my best friend and I plan on sharing an apartment for college. There, she wants to get a Shiba Inu.

Otherwise, I confess that I'm a cat person.
:grinp:

And Ebony: That dog is ADORABLE.
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
OukaHowls
Legendary
Legendary
Location: In my dog's pen. Playing and feeding them. ( lot's of dog food, believe me. I have 20 dogs...)

Post by OukaHowls »

Wow! I can't believe I missed so much! I'm sorry that I've been gone... :(

Anyways, I love all your dogs! Every single one of them is so diferent, And that's good.
I can't say much about all this, I would have if I was here though. :lol:

So werewolfkeeper, Tell me how your dog looks and I'll see if I could tell you what mix it may be.
That is if you don't truly know, but I'm here to help.

And yes, it's hard to lose a dog, I mean, they do have souls to, and there like a family to you
What am I saying, they ARE a family. ...... some one killed one of my dogs not to long ago.
He was run over and I could tell.... it was on purpus. I saw the car tracks swerving twords my
dog ' Raskel' .... and there he was, dead. I don't know who did it but, I WILL find out who. :cry:

..... well, to get my mind of that, does any of you need help and tips for your dog?

And WerewolfKeeper, I have some advise for you about Lucky.
You do need to put her on a diet, she will die quicker if you don't.
A healthy dog is a dog that will live much longer.
if I were you, I would have her eat one bowl full of dog food, good dog food like
the Green bag of 'Purina Dog Chow' but make sure it has the nesesary vitamins your dog needs.
Manly Calceum, for Lucky's wounded leg. It will help her with the pain, but I'll tell you
a certen pill for her about that later. Anyway, You should not give her any more food, and I'm sure you've
heard that serten spices efect dogs badly. So no people food!
And if you wish, give her one or two 'milkbone' if needed.
and make sure her water dish is full of water. She'll need it in this diet.

I hope I've been a help to you. :D
WerewolfKeeper3
Legendary
Legendary

OukaHowls wrote:Wow! I can't believe I missed so much! I'm sorry that I've been gone... :(

Anyways, I love all your dogs! Every single one of them is so diferent, And that's good.
I can't say much about all this, I would have if I was here though. :lol:

So werewolfkeeper, Tell me how your dog looks and I'll see if I could tell you what mix it may be.
That is if you don't truly know, but I'm here to help.

And yes, it's hard to lose a dog, I mean, they do have souls to, and there like a family to you
What am I saying, they ARE a family. ...... some one killed one of my dogs not to long ago.
He was run over and I could tell.... it was on purpus. I saw the car tracks swerving twords my
dog ' Raskel' .... and there he was, dead. I don't know who did it but, I WILL find out who. :cry:

..... well, to get my mind of that, does any of you need help and tips for your dog?

And WerewolfKeeper, I have some advise for you about Lucky.
You do need to put her on a diet, she will die quicker if you don't.
A healthy dog is a dog that will live much longer.
if I were you, I would have her eat one bowl full of dog food, good dog food like
the Green bag of 'Purina Dog Chow' but make sure it has the nesesary vitamins your dog needs.
Manly Calceum, for Lucky's wounded leg. It will help her with the pain, but I'll tell you
a certen pill for her about that later. Anyway, You should not give her any more food, and I'm sure you've
heard that serten spices efect dogs badly. So no people food!
And if you wish, give her one or two 'milkbone' if needed.
and make sure her water dish is full of water. She'll need it in this diet.

I hope I've been a help to you. :D
It would... except she's allergic to chicken, and most dog foods have at least poultry fat in them. but thanks... only problem, we can't stop giving her bites... we need to stop, but so far we don't...
Oh, and the people at the humain society told us she was a Spitz terrier mix... our first vet said something about being a lab mix... hmm... well, i do have this that would probably be better than me trying to describe...
http://werewolfking6.deviantart.com/art ... 2-91184022
And i'm sorry to hear that...
(Yeah... kinda wished him swerving to hit the dog would have made him hit a tree and die as well... but as we've said before, they're always around. No matter what, we're not as far away from our loved ones as we think we are...)
V, from V for Vendetta.

OukaHowls
Legendary
Legendary

Post by OukaHowls »

Oh... well... let me think about it, there is a pill for her but i just cant remember the name of it right now, like I said, I'll tell you later.
Hmm... She looks like she's half Lab and half Golden Retreiver. A lot more Golden Retreiver in her.

But yes, lay off the snackies. That'll help a lot for her.
Her heath and her leg.

( well, I kinda wished that too, but problem is, I live in the desert. lol But he/she could have hit a cactus. lol)
( She's soooo cute!)
WerewolfKeeper3
Legendary
Legendary

I know she is... how do you think she gets food out of us? It's those darned eyes... they make you feel guilty for eating in front of her without giving her a bite or two... oh, and she's very divious. We have to give her thyroid pills, so we usually do so in... cookies of bread or something. Well, with the bread, she won't eat the bites because she thinks there might be a pill in them. And my mom has been giving her glucosimine for her leg, but she's spit the pill out and eaten whatever we were giving her... except for a small piece of hotdog bun with ketchup on it... Oh, and does anyone else dog clean their faces like a cat?
V, from V for Vendetta.

Noir-Okami
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Troper

Post by Noir-Okami »

My family has a dog named Teddy. He's a five year old Shetland Sheepdog, Rough Collie mix. He has a funky condition that messes around with his fur (falling out clumps). I can't remember what it's called. :(

He's hyperactive when you take him outside, but he normally just lays around. He also gets energetic when he wants to be petted (spelling?). He barks at strangers until they pet him.
I'm working on a werewolf novel, while liking to stay up late at night and going to college. I'm going to be sleep-deprived when this is all said and done. :sleepy:

Anthony Brownrigg, I hope you have the best of luck with Freeborn. RedEye, I also wish you the best of luck with Wulfen Blood. And for a bit of luck for both of you... :ducktoss3:
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The one and only were-jaguarundi!

Post by PariahPoet »

I miss having doggies. :(
I haven't been able to have one for a long time as there are no apartments anywhere that I can afford that will allow pets. :cry:
BornIntolegend
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
Custom Title: Sing me a song.. and I'll sing it back to you.
Mood: Ruthless

Post by BornIntolegend »

We recently got a basset hound puppy.

This dog is the DUMBEST piece of work.

And tips on how to train her. She doesn't listen to anyone.

Also I was thinking about a Bull terrier. i have wanted one for the longest time. I am aware of there muscles, and temperament..

Any impute
And the heart of a wolf beat beneath her breast.