In The Shadows..- Game thread

Here you can role-play as your favorite character in a structured and planned environment that requires commitment from players and storytellers alike.

Moderators: Silvermoon, Silver Predator Wolf, Wingman, Thunderclaw, Grayheart

Moss27
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Moon Hunter
Mood: Bored

Re: In The Shadows..- Game thread

Post by Moss27 »

Clark Gale:

Clark coughed and inhaled what air he could get. His whole chest was being destroyed by these constant knock backs. Despite his jaw and chest, he remained standing. He saw the fighter bring out a knife. He glanced toward the side to see Jimmy being choked by the Warlock. What to do; kill the one in front of him or try to dodge to save his companion?

As he was coughing, Clark reached for his pocket and speed dialed for Wendell to come. He switched the phone for a knife of his own. "Time to die, scumbag." Keeping low, he grabbed for a gun on the ground and gave a quick shot at the fighter's direction, hitting him at the lower leg. Dropping it, Clark charged at the fighter at max speed, keeping low and ready for any quick stabs that he might throw at him. The Warlock was risky; he'll try to save Jimmy, if possible, but that didn't mean he wouldn't get the chance to kill the things he hated the most.

(I'm going to try to have Caelean join the fight the next time I post.)
"I didn't do my homework, so why am I in trouble for something I didn't do?"
darkest wolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: "Begin the day with a friendly voice- a companion unobtrusive, plays that song that's so elusive and the magic music makes your morning mood..."- The Spirit of Radio- Rush
Additional Details: l------------l
l------------l
l------5--3--l
l-3----5--3--l
l-3----3--1--l
l-1----------l
Mood: Excited

Post by darkest wolf »

John looked down at his lower leg, his left lower leg bleeding profusly, adrenaline blocking out any sense of pain. As soon as he could look back up, there was the hunter, charging at him as fast as he could. Contact. The hunter hit him like a ton of bricks, dropping John to the ground.

There was no time to think, all he could do was thrash his fists about wildly, he was in a poor defensive position. Desperately, he slashed at the hunter with the knife that had almost been knocked out of his hand. Finally gaining a sense of his orientation, John made another desperate attack to wound the hunter, slashing his knife across the hunter's arm. His goal was not kill, he didn't like the concept at all. It was that moment, however, that decided that he would end the man's life, should it come to that.

-Photo and avatar by takyoji

"He who dares wins."- Winston Churchill
OukaHowls
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Howling all the time...
Mood: Happy
Location: In my dog's pen. Playing and feeding them. ( lot's of dog food, believe me. I have 20 dogs...)

Post by OukaHowls »

Ouka, still sitting down and gazing at the sky, was deep in thought. After a long pause she got up and turned to Mugen, her eyes blazing with fury. " if it wasn't you, then who the hell was it?!" She yelled at him getting closer. " I thought I could trust you, and even let you in our pack. But when we had our backs turned, you stabbed us!" She yelled at him even more, and her eyes became bright blue. She looked down at the ground and closed her eyes, concentrating on keeping her Lycanthropic form inside. In sadness and rage, she walked back to the stairs and went down.

She saw the hunter fighting with John, and him being on the ground and trying to attack, made her more furious. She grew her nails longer and sharper. Then as she rose her hand she then said, in a rough tone: " Why don't YOU go back to hell!" And slashed the hunters back. She could tell Dan was handling the other hunter and ignored him. Ouka heard someone down the stairs and turned her glowing eyes in the direction; " I've had enough of you guys.." She said as her fangs got longer. She ran to the sound and came across another hunter. She then stopped and grabbed hold of his neck, showing her teeth at him she opened her mouth wide and bit into his neck. Pulling back she tore a part of his flesh, eating it gruesomely as the blood dribbled down her mouth.

(:: I know, it sounds gross huh? I felt like doing something like this.::)
" May the darkness never scare you, but calm you through the night..."
InfiniteShadowMugen
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Death awaits you in the dark realm
Mood: Depressed

Post by InfiniteShadowMugen »

There was a slight swoosh-like noise, and Mugen appeared in between the others. His rage at himself and the hunters grew radically, causing him to let out a commanding roar. As he roared, his entire body began to change into his true form. His hair grew long and pure white. His ocean-blue eyes turned into a now glowing green color. His demonic fangs, already nearly two inches in length, grew an extra inch. HIs claws extended, and his feet were replaced by clawed paws. His next movements would seem invisible to an ordinary human. He swooped in, taking the enraged Ouka off of her victim, while at the same time, shoving his claws into the human's chest. With another movement, he had knocked the hunter away from John, leaving the human with a large gash on his chest.Soon after, he held Clark Gale with a long, thick strand of shadow that had formed an extension of his claws.

"Everyone will calm down now and end this needless fighting!!"

His voice rang in the now-chilled air. He set Ouka down, gently grabbing her by the shoulders.

"Ouka, John, Dan...That being before was me yet not me, yet not an alternate personality. Mayuri Toshisuke is merely a parasite that I am determined to get rid of...I did not release him of my own will. He took over as soon as I felt that my life was in danger...no, not just my life, but the lives of all of you, especially you, Ouka."

He turned his demonic gaze to Clark.

"You, human, you would be wise to heed my advice: Never even think of attempting to hurt Ouka. If any harm befalls her, I will have your head on a platter."

His shadow hold around the hunter vanished, but was soon fallowed by a tower of earth that came from the ground and shot Clark home in safety.

"...I beg forgiveness from you all..."

With those words, Mugen returned to what once was his docile state, with some slight changes to his figure. His hair remained white, and the mark on his right eyes changed into two twin pairs of cheek markings nearly and inch in width.
I'm the fear that keeps you awake
I'm the shadows on the wall
I'm the monsters they become
I'm the nightmare in your skull
I'm a dagger in your back
An extra turn upon the rack
I'm the quivering of your heart
A stabbing pain, a sudden start.
Moss27
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Moss27 »

Clark Gale:
(Because of the actions taken by the Monsters, Caelean's actions will be put off.
Just to clarify, Wendell is now dead by Ouka's doing, and Jimmy is supposedly still alive, choking in Dan's stone hands.)

Clark didn't have the proper time to react. Everything happened so fast. His shoulder was ripped, his back had claw marks dug at least half an inch thick, and now, the dark claws of the raged werewolf were now at his throat. What's worse? Wendell's dead, his neck chewed open, his body on the ground.

So many voices yelling, the ringing returned to his ears. He closed his eyes and flailed his leg forward, hitting the raged werewolf where it hurts. "Everybody, SHUT UP!" When he dropped, he grabbed the female to his side and sliced both of her knees with the knife still in his hands.

Jimmy managed to follow suit, using his legs as leverage in order to pry from the stone Warlock's hands. Taking a breath, he rolled to the side to get closer to Gale. Taking out a gun, he tossed it towards Clark in exchange for the knife. He turned and used the knife to slice the legs of the raged werewolf as well. They were going to try to disable the Monsters' movement to gain the upper hand.
OukaHowls
Legendary
Legendary
Location: In my dog's pen. Playing and feeding them. ( lot's of dog food, believe me. I have 20 dogs...)

Post by OukaHowls »

Ouka yelled at the pain that surged through her knees, now bleeding and throbbing from the sting of the knife. She almost collapsed but the Hunter’s grip was so intense that he held her up. She became more enraged by the fact that they where winning right now, she took drastic measures and tried to bite the Hunter’s arm. She then managed to grab hold of him and griped tightly, but sadly, not hard enough.
She let go and hit him on the arm to get him to loosen his grip.

“ Let me go you piece of crap!” She yelled at him in a inhumanly way.
InfiniteShadowMugen
Legendary
Legendary

Mugen moved faster than the human eye could see, appearing in front of Clark. He already had one clawed hand upon the human's hand, another upon his shoulder. He glared at the hunter, the air getting colder by the second. His eyes flared, releasing his second greatest power. Clark's hand and shoulder began to crystalize in ice. Mugen managed to free Ouka from the human's grasp just before the ice began to crawl down the hunter's body.

"Clark, you have made a grave mistake."

The ice grew faster, covering Clark's neck, yet was unable to finish the attack. Having released too much power, he collapsed to the floor, unconscious.

((Does this satisfy?))
Last edited by InfiniteShadowMugen on Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

(Erm, did Mugen just decapitate Clark? Because if that's what you're implying you're, er, not allowed to do that. Clark's a PC - he's not like Jimmy or Wendell so you can't kill him without Moss's permission, and it also means you kinda can't auto-hit like that since it's godmoding.)
OukaHowls
Legendary
Legendary

Post by OukaHowls »

( Thank you Aki. Please edit your post Mugen.)
InfiniteShadowMugen
Legendary
Legendary

((What should I edit? I already took out the killing part.))
OukaHowls
Legendary
Legendary

Post by OukaHowls »

(:: Oh, it's good now. I didn't realize that you edited. Everyone my proceed the story. ::)
Aki
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Aki »

Dan took a moment to consider the situation.

Mugen down, Clark immobilized for the moment, Ouka and John wounded. He and Jimmy still remained relatively unscathed, as did Ronan and Caelean, but of those four Jimmy was an adversary, and Ronan and Caelean were back in the apartment, hopefully securing a getaway because NYPD was undoubtedly on the way and there was a dead man with his throat tore out.

Tore out by what investigation would reveal to be the teeth of a wolf, something extraordinarily rare in the city. Not good. Neither was the man encased in ice that would, in any logical world of pure science, formed on him like that here.

Had to end this, escape, then sort things out. Dan needed more power, he needed the reserves of mystical strength he'd depleted earlier tonight.

God dammit, he thought, striding towards Jimmy, pulling back before throwing all his weight, strength and frustration at the night into the hay maker. To his credit, Jimmy managed to scratch the wizard's stony facade with his knife before being dropped by the punch.

Dan prematurely cut the Stoneskin spell short, managing to recycle at least some of the energy. He looked to Clark, "I am very sorry it turned out like this," he said, sounding genuinely upset. "I, mean... goddamn...."

He grabbed Ouka by the scruff of her neck, and she could instantly tell he'd swapped the StoneSkin for increased strength by his vice-like grip as he tried to pull her back towards the apartment. "John, get dead-weight over there. We're out of here. The police are coming and their Judgement will be biblical when they see this mess. Wrath of an Angry God with a thousand arms that hold just as many shotguns."
Moss27
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Moss27 »

Caelean
(Hoo.... the battle is over? lol. And I'm left unscathed. XD To be fair, Caelean went down to deal with Wendell. She didn't turn into her dragon form, so Wendell was able to overpower her with size and was able to go upstairs and meet his doom.
Clark is unconscious from the cold, and him and Jimmy are captives. Be carefull at what you say around them.)

Caelean started to prepare to leave. She kept on staring at the body on the floor. Her stomach grumbled, realizing that she hadn't eaten in a few days. Ignoring it, she formed newer clothes using witch magic, but she wasn't taught how to heal without the sun, so the cuts stayed open.

"Dang it... Sorry guys; the main battle was here..." She turned her eyes to the main hunter, the one she saw last night. "He got really close this time..." She looked out the window. red sirens were seen in between the alleyways. "We need to leave, soon."

((Okay... so... were's Ronan? As a Protector human, we need him, right?))
darkest wolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: "Begin the day with a friendly voice- a companion unobtrusive, plays that song that's so elusive and the magic music makes your morning mood..."- The Spirit of Radio- Rush
l------------l
l------5--3--l
l-3----5--3--l
l-3----3--1--l
l-1----------l

Post by darkest wolf »

John looked down at Mugen on the floor, sprawled out, unconscious. As he looked down upon him, he wondered if he should just leave him there, after all, he was a threat to himself as well as others.

C'mon, do it. Don't be weak! It was all John could htink to himself, although the will to do such a thing was lacking. With a sigh and much agony, John lifted Mugen onto his shoulders and went off to follow Dan.

Werewolf Warrior
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Warrior Hero
Additional Details: Email: werewolfwarrior@ymail.com

http://myspace.com/werewolfwarrior

Main Grid Second Life Name: Alexie Borgin.

Post by Werewolf Warrior »

You see a Werewolf with a 2-handed Sword walking toward you all.
Werewolf Nation Leader

If any of you wish to join us in Second Life please do, and if you want to you can join our site at http://www.werewolfnation.webs.com/index.htm
OukaHowls
Legendary
Legendary

Post by OukaHowls »

Werewolf Warrior; you must create your character at the 'Character Creation' section. And please, make your posts longer. This is like a book, to all the people reading this, we need to know what is going on. And I'm sorry, the Lycanthrope characters are now closed. You may either choose to be a Dragon, Warlock, Vampire, or Human ( Hunter or Protector ). Please read the plot for this RPG also in the 'Character Creation' thread, to know what is going on.

That post is not part of the RPG. Please continue as you were.
Aki
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Aki »

(I think we can kinda NPC Ronan along (that is to say, drag him along and assume he's there) until Neko returns, maybe we can send him off on some mission which he can conviently return from if and when Neko returns if simply tagging him along gets a bit silly)

"Exactly what I was thinking," Dan said to Caelean, gesturing the others to follow him into Ronan's apartment and leading them as well as Ronan to the windows. "I'm thinking down the fire escape, into the alleyways and then lying low for a bit. Wounded, shifted, and unconscious as parts of the group is, blending in with the crowd is simply not an option."

"I suggest we more towards the outer boroughs. Manhattan isn't going to be a good place to be for awhile after they find that fellow with his throat tore out and the human Popsicle."
InfiniteShadowMugen
Legendary
Legendary

Slowly regaining consciousness, Mugen's eyes fluttered open. He noticed he was being carried and tried to move, but his limbs failed him. He tried using his power over shadow to lift him along, but the shadows wouldn't listen.

"....What....What happened...?"

He looked back and saw John carrying him, and saw that Dan had Ouka.

"...Ouka...."
OukaHowls
Legendary
Legendary

Post by OukaHowls »

Ouka walked along with Dan, still angry and depressed, but Ouka thought for a while pondering of what Mugen said. She heard his voice say her name and she looked at the floor, not making eye contact. " .... Was it true what you said?" she said in such a low tone. She moved Dan's hand away from her neck and she shifted her hands and teeth back to the human form. She wiped off some of the left over blood from her mouth and licked it off of her hand. " Mugen...". Ouka looked up at Mugen and gave him a sad expression as her eyes flickered blue.
InfiniteShadowMugen
Legendary
Legendary

Mugen nodded his head in shame.

"Hai...Mayuri and I are not the same person...and neither are we alternate personalities...He is a far different being that was forced to become a part of me...And only I can tame him..."

Focusing, he slowly pulled himself free of John's grasp and transformed into an average-sized black wolf. He limp-trotted over to Ouka, licking her hand.
Aki
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Aki »

"D'aaaw, ain't that the cutest?" Dan asked, his voice dripping with thick, biting, sarcasm. The wizard forced the window open and let a gust of air blow in. "We'll sort your very literal demons out later, Mugen and I assure you of this, as it troubles me. Troubles me because it is a liability and a danger to anyone in your general vicinity. But as I have stated already we must leave as law enforcement is on it's way."

He stepped out onto the fire escape, beckoning the others follow. "Come now. It is time for our dramatic chase scene..."
InfiniteShadowMugen
Legendary
Legendary

Mugen managed to return to his humanoid form, yet still had a slight limp in his step.

"Then let's get going. We're going to show those humans why Ookami Daiyokai and werewolves are not to be trifled against."

He looked over at Ouka then knelt down, asking for her permission to carry her on his back.
OukaHowls
Legendary
Legendary

Post by OukaHowls »

Ouka blushed a little, and trying to hid it she turned around slightly, so no one could see. After a few seconds her red cheeks turned back to normal and she turned back to Mugen. Ouka gave a smile to him. She pulled the jacket lower to make sure she wasn't showing any skin, then once she was done with her inspection she crawled on his back and whispered in his ear. " Yes, you may."
InfiniteShadowMugen
Legendary
Legendary

With one push of his leg, he stood up, bouncing about three feet off the ground, then landing perfectly on his feet. He looked at the others and nodded, signifying that he was ready. With that, he turned and started running, holding onto Ouka's calves to keep her from falling off.
darkest wolf
Legendary
Legendary
l------------l
l------5--3--l
l-3----5--3--l
l-3----3--1--l
l-1----------l

Post by darkest wolf »

John laughed as he made his way down to the fire escape, nodding in agreement with Dan's previous statement.

"I've not seen a move like that made since my Senior Prom, and I don't recall my girlfriend being naked either."

With Mugen off of his back, John kept one hand on his gun, still not trusting Mugen at all. With that though in his mind, he slowed down so that Mugen would not be at his back, the thought of a literal back stabbing piercing his mind.