So whats happening with Freeborn anyhow?

The place for anything at all...
Fastenjaw
Pack Member
Pack Member

So whats happening with Freeborn anyhow?

Post by Fastenjaw »

I saw that the Freeborn web page is down and has not been renewed... Anyone care to enlighten me as to why a film with a 9 million dollar budget no longer has an official web site? Is this a hint that the film might not make it?
Killa Tofu!
Spongy
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Indifferent

Re: So whats happening with Freeborn anyhow?

Post by Spongy »

It was posted here a few days ago, actually.
AB simply didn't renew the hosting for his websites, thus they all expired. I'm unsure of the status of his other sites, but thepack.network came back up after he paid for it.

Although, I'm told that the websites might go down again since the domain is still set to expire very soon.
Berserker
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Berserker »

The film doesn't have a 9 million dollar budget. It doesn't have any budget. Freeborn is in stage 0 of film production.
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The one and only were-jaguarundi!

Post by PariahPoet »

Actually, as of two years ago, Tony had investors that promised him a fairly large budget.
But to be honest, I think he's probably scrapped the project.

Or if we want to be optimistic, it could have gone into production and the funding companies have told him to keep it quiet to prevent any leaks.

But I think it's been scrapped.
Last edited by PariahPoet on Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

I've kind of forgotten about it at this point.

:|
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets

Post by MoonKit »

outwarddoodles wrote:I've kind of forgotten about it at this point.

:|
Yeah, we all just come here to hang out now. :lol:

Though, the idea of a good half form werewolf movie is still greatly appealing.
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
Uniform Two Six
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Uniform Two Six »

I would suspect that the current situation in the economy (looking into the chasm of the worst worldwide depression in history) might have the production companies looking very hard right now at just where they want to invest their funds in a world of ever shrinking liquidity. That doesn't mean that Freeborn won't get the green light, but it might mean that financiers may well be waiting to see how (or if) the Federal stabilization efforts bear any fruit first.
Berserker
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Berserker »

I'm not sure about that, Uniform. The worsening economy has meant the film industry is actually booming. This year was one of the biggest for film as a whole, since people are no longer spending their money on other, more expensive forms of entertainment like theme parks, and they're no longer "waiting for DVD" as often.
Uniform Two Six
Legendary
Legendary

Oh, absolutely. The problem is that it is harder to finance anything right now. Finance is largely frozen right now and lenders are not willing to bank on anything unless they're sure they will get their money back. The potential for profit is irrelevant. They've got to have some way of getting the funds unless they can afford to bankroll the project themselves. That means they'll probably be more willing to fund projects that are likely to have a broad appeal and greater profit margins (like Beverly Hills Chihuahua), and shy away from "cult" films.
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MattSullivan »

You should stop worrying. I'm sure AB WANTS to make Freeborn. But securing funding for a movie is terribly difficult, especially when no one knows your name. Hell, I have a great resume, have worked for all kinds of movie studios, but it doesn't make selling a werewolf script any easier. And by easier I mean DAMN...NEAR...IMPOSSIBLE. i mean my gosh, there've been times when I've said "Well, it's a werewolf movie-" and the movie exec holds up a hand and says "Not interested"

So relax :} Be patient. If it's not meant to be, it's not meant to be. In the meantime, you got the WOLF MAN and TWILIGHT ( sequel I guess ) to fill your werewolf appetites.
Wingman
Game Master
Game Master
Custom Title: Dastardly ne'er-do-well in search of a lickspittle

Post by Wingman »

The answer is so clear. AB got bit, and has run off into the mountains to howl at the moon. Which was actually the plan all along, the unplanned part is that he ran away. Production will start as soon as the documentary team finds him.
http://stevebot-7.deviantart.com/
Quod sumus hoc eritis

Aspirant writer-artist.
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

Not necessarily; the documentary team has to brave the hail of duckies, as well.
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets

Post by MoonKit »

Wingman wrote:The answer is so clear. AB got bit, and has run off into the mountains to howl at the moon. Which was actually the plan all along, the unplanned part is that he ran away. Production will start as soon as the documentary team finds him.
Yeah, but he forgot to come back and bite the rest of us. 8)
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
Vagrant
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Prolific Procrastinator

Post by Vagrant »

MoonKit wrote:Yeah, but he forgot to come back and bite the rest of us. 8)
That's some love he needs to spread around. Of course, it has to be noted that only on a Werewolf forum would getting bitten be considered as spreading the love around.

On topic though, I'm really hoping we'll see Freeborn at some point. I was always enthralled by it because it was such a high-concept movie, it had the capacity to blow minds. I would've dragged everyone I could to the local cinema to see such a movie.
Noir-Okami
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Troper
Mood: Excited

Post by Noir-Okami »

I hope that Brownrigg has Freeborn in production.
I'd assume that every Pack member would be at the midnight showings (or on the first day it's out), were it to keep going and be released. :wink:
I'm working on a werewolf novel, while liking to stay up late at night and going to college. I'm going to be sleep-deprived when this is all said and done. :sleepy:

Anthony Brownrigg, I hope you have the best of luck with Freeborn. RedEye, I also wish you the best of luck with Wulfen Blood. And for a bit of luck for both of you... :ducktoss3:
Uniform Two Six
Legendary
Legendary

Like I said, I don't think that the current economic woes are going to kill the film, but the Dow Jones Industrial Average slipped below 8000 yesterday. I think the tightened financial market might mean we'll have to wait a couple more years before any production groups start looking at it seriously again. All in all though, this will pass eventually, and as long as AB doesn't give up on Freeborn, it won't die.

Patience, Grasshopper. Patience.