Shoppin'

The place for anything at all...
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Shoppin'

Post by Silverclaw »

I love to go out shopping (so materialistic :wink: )

I was just wondering, what are some of your favorite places to go when you have money? Or do you prefer online shopping?

Some of my favorite places to shop are:
-Borders
-Barnes and Nobles
-Best Buy
-Target
-Hot Topic(shut up, I know :wink: )
-Antique stores/flee markets/used book stores
Gevaudan
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Music Lover
Additional Details: Find me under my new username @RhyeRhythm on Twitter, Telegram, FurAffinity, Weasyl, and Furry Network!
Mood: Happy

Re: Shoppin'

Post by Gevaudan »

I love book stores, no matter how big or small. Please, somebody give me a comfy chair, lots of food and coffee, and abandon me at a Barnes and Noble. :) Otherwise, I'm a pretty casual shopper.
And everything under the sun is in tune, but the sun is eclipsed by the moon.

Find me under my new username @RhyeRhythm on Twitter, Telegram, FurAffinity, Weasyl, and Furry Network!
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

LETS GET SOME SHOES

Okay, I'm kidding. I'm not much of a shopper, primarily because most girls my age are more preoccupied with buying new clothing and jewelry and I'm not. Also; I don't have a job, meaning I'm severely limited on funds. Otherwise, on the rare occasion that I DO have money I like to shop at:
- Borders/Barnes and Nobles/Walden Books
- BestBuy/EB Games
- And every-so-often, I wander into Hot Topic.
- Once a year, I like to wish I had the money to buy some new-age inspired knick-knacks from the Renn. Faire.

:D

(Can't wait until I get a job!!)
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

LETS GET SOME SHOES

Okay, I'm kidding. I'm not much of a shopper, primarily because most girls my age are more preoccupied with buying new clothing and jewelry and I'm not.
lol, I'm the same way. I don't like shopping for clothes/jewelry/make up. When I get a pair of shoes, I'm happy with them until they wear out. :wink: I do like looking for interesting T-shirts though. I tend to buy a lot of dvds, cds, books and knick-knacks.

I have a ton of books I bought that I still need to read. I can't help buying more though.
Xiroteus
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Xiroteus »

I get really good sales and food offline, otherwise there are far better prices online, I just bought a music player, surge protector, a good printer for twenty dollars, micro sd cards, fine chocolate for the cost of shipping only, computer items etc... all online, their offline prices would have been much higher.

I often go to Target and Fred Meyers while finding many good deals at Target over the years. it would be nice to find online prices in store so we could personally pick out our items if we ever felt like it.
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MattSullivan »

I freakin love shopping. I...LOVE IT.

I buy stuff. i am a capitalist. i can spend 1000 bucks and hardly blink. Damn...God I love America and its miles of strip malls. God bless commerce....

I like Bookstores mostly. But anyone who lives in Southern california knows my biggest joy...and that's FRY'S ELECTRONICS. A total orgasmic hodge-podge of beeping, shiny glee.
Last edited by MattSullivan on Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets
Mood: Indifferent

Post by MoonKit »

Barnes and Noble and Target are where I do most of my shopping. Occasionally I find a cool shirt or something at Old Navy.

But I also dont shop much...bills are too demanding. All random stuff I buy online. Like cheap jewelery and gifts.

Which reminds me that I need to get new Chuck Taylors. My ferrets chewed up the bottoms and water soaks my foot every time it rains. Or maybe I should just invest in boots. :lol:
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Well...in order for me to do some shopping, I gotta have extra money 1st. THEN I'll shop for electronics!!

Just don't go wild when you get your 1st credit card. I did just that a long time ago. Lucky for me it was only a $500 limit credit card at the time. Today, that same card is now at $15,000 credit limit. Good thing its not maxed out. Boy....would I be in trouble!!
Xiroteus
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Xiroteus »

Figarou wrote:Well...in order for me to do some shopping, I gotta have extra money 1st. THEN I'll shop for electronics!!

We love our electronics. :D

I need more........in the future.

and that's FRY'S ELECTRONICS
Do you ever find good deals there?

Most these places are so much more expensive then online prices.
Moss27
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Moon Hunter
Mood: Bored

Post by Moss27 »

I like book stores. I practically drowned in happiness when I went to Barnes and Nobles for the first time in a long time.

I also like Uwajimaya, an Asian supermarket. I mostly went there for the food and books. XD
"I didn't do my homework, so why am I in trouble for something I didn't do?"
*nagowteena*
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: TV!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mood: RAR!

Post by *nagowteena* »

1: Barnes and Nobles (locally and online)
2: Hobby Lobby
3: Best Buy
4: Swap Meets
5: small stores by the Border
6: Used Book Stores
7: Walmart (duh!)
8: Target
Image Image
Yeah, that hits the spot..DeviantArt ~ Youtube Avatar by Z
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

*nagowteena* wrote:2: Hobby Lobby
Ack! This place used to be the hole in the bottom of my wallet. Coloured pencils, pencil leads, erasers, sketch books, bristols...thank gods I got a tablet.
:lol:
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

Yes, I'm terrible, too. It's materialistic, shallow, and metaphysically empty, but I enjoy it thoroughly. Favorite haunts (Texas area of the United States):

* Best Buy
* Borders / Barnes and Noble
* coffee places, both Starbucks and the independents
* Target
* Gamestop

Best Buy: I'm a card-carrying silver-level member of their "Reward Zone" incentive program, and I've been given free membership for the past four years running. We also have a Circuit City, and I checked--it's not on the axe list, so if the chain survives, it will remain available as an alternative to Best Buy for comparison shopping.

Borders / Barnes and Noble: We don't have either one in town--it's the one thing Rockwall still needs to be complete. Thankfully we do have a really nice independent used book store, "Roma"--it's as well stocked as a smaller Half Price Books and infinitely more personable. For CDs, DVD/Blu-Ray, and such, there's Best Buy.

Gamestop: discovered them over the past year, now that I'm a gamer. There's an interesting side story about them, too. On their shelves they have empty display cases, to show they have a game in stock without having the product itself sitting out. That way, when someone steals one, the store is out $1 for a box rather than the $50 or so invoice price of the game itself. I know the guy who makes them. My son-in-law and his wife run Promotional Arts, the company that manufactures these for Gamestop, Toys-R-Us, and a number of smaller companies. They also make posters and cardboard cut-out stands. Their office has this huge cut-out figure of Master Chief plugging Halo 3.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Sometimes, ya just gotta say ... BLEEEE!!
Additional Details: Digg: Gemfinder
Dragon Cave: http://dragcave.net/user/Xocowolf
Twitter: @Xocowolf
Mood: Busy

Post by vrikasatma »

ImageImageImageImage
Vagrant
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Prolific Procrastinator

Post by Vagrant »

I'm not much of a shopper, other than groceries. Most of what I'll buy I'll get online, I'll go to Amazon instead of hanging around WH Smiths, for example.

If I do go shopping, it's usually only to find strange little Welsh craft shoppes, which can have all manner of things in. It's in one of those that I first discovered Country Artists, and their Wolf range of figurines (here's an example). I now have a sizable collection of those, they're really beautiful.

I have been known to go into Game every now and then, but it's rare. I suppose the only real place I'll go to shop out for luxuries is Forbidden Planet, as I like the atmosphere.
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MoonKit »

I spend a lot of time in pet stores actually.

This topic reminds me that I better get a move on with the Christmas shopping!
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

Ew, shopping. :P

I hate it. Only time I can sorta put up with it is in book or electronics stores.
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The one and only were-jaguarundi!

Post by PariahPoet »

I'm such a loser. I love dollar stores.
My apartment is the size of a closet so I don't have space for a Christmas tree. So I went to Dollar General and found an old-fashioned looking lamp post(the kind you'd see on the streets of London in the 1890's) so that is my tree. It's the centerpiece for my Narnian Christmas. XD

If I want to go out shopping I usually head for-
Joanns
Hobby Lobby
Target
Sun Coast
Harbor Freight

But I prefer shopping online if I'm just shopping for fun. I could blow every last dime on these sites-
Thinkgeek
Amazon
Etcy
Ebay
Last edited by PariahPoet on Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary

Post by PariahPoet »

Silverclaw wrote:
LETS GET SOME SHOES

Okay, I'm kidding. I'm not much of a shopper, primarily because most girls my age are more preoccupied with buying new clothing and jewelry and I'm not.
lol, I'm the same way. I don't like shopping for clothes/jewelry/make up. When I get a pair of shoes, I'm happy with them until they wear out. :wink: I do like looking for interesting T-shirts though. I tend to buy a lot of dvds, cds, books and knick-knacks.

I have a ton of books I bought that I still need to read. I can't help buying more though.
I guess that makes three of us.
I don't buy clothes unless something I already have just disintegrates.
And I usually don't wear makeup.
I do, however spend a good chunk of my cash on books and anime.
Book stores are too expensive though. There's a place here called Book Heaven where you can trade in old books for store credit which will pay for up to half of your purchase. It's awesome! XD
Vagrant
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Prolific Procrastinator

Post by Vagrant »

PariahPoet wrote:So I went to Dollar General and found an old-fashioned looking lamp post(the kind you'd see on the streets of London in the 1890's) so that is my tree. It's the centerpiece for my Narnian Christmas. XD
That's incredible. Do you have pictures? I would honestly love to see that. I'm a huge fan of all things abstract, and that's something so abstract that I'd love to have it in my own living room.

I wish the pound shops around here were half as interesting... I'd be shopping around them as well as just the craft shops then. But the most interesting thing I've seen the local pound shops sell are odd, cheaply produced trademark-dodging action figures of popular cartoon heroes.
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary

Post by PariahPoet »

I'll try to take some pictures. It's a little oddball but I really like it. :D
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MoonKit »

Apparently we're all just a bunch of bookworms around here.

I also would like to see pictures if possible, PariahPoet. :)