My accomplishments with Yoshi

What's hot, what's not. General Video Game discussion
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

My accomplishments with Yoshi

Post by Figarou »

I've been playing Super Smash Bros Brawl for some time now. I'm now at the point where I'm pretty darn good with Yoshi!! Ask Wulfur and *RaigouraAngel (*known as IndianaJones here at "The Pack.") I played both of these Pack members online. Sure had lots of fun!!

:grinp:

There are some tricks I've seen on Youtube. I wanted to see if I can pull them off myself. Some are easy to do. But one is very VERY difficult!!

There is one trick called the "Dragonic reverse." That's the 1st thing you see in the video. Then there is the sliding egg toss.

I also did a trick with Bowser!!

Next, there are some stages where you can go under and come out the other side. Doing that in the Final Destination stage is difficult with Yoshi. You need perfect timing.

Next up...a 3-on-1 fight!! I'm the "1!" Yup...the other 3 players teamed up and fought against me. I kicked their butts during the Sudden Death match!!

Lastly, a glitch I found with the "Cracker Launcher."

Ok...now for the video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jxk6dju8tA

This next video shows the trick I discovered.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3ZrdVvnmRk

What sucks is that no believes I discovered it. I made the mistake of showing this online during game play instead of posting at Youtube 1st. Oh well. :roll:
Vagrant
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Prolific Procrastinator

Re: My accomplishments with Yoshi

Post by Vagrant »

I believe you, Figarou. I said it before, you remind me of that other chap I know of, Tapewolf. You, like he, have no end of gaming talent, and you can pull all sorts of crazy things off.

If... it's all the same to you, whilst I have Brawl and a Wii, I may not end up trying to play a match with ya, Fig. You're amazingly good, and having been schooled at Street Fighter 2 HD recently (something I used to be incredible at--well, the original game anyway), I don't think my poor, bruised ego could take another blow.

But that's just showing how much I respect your capabilities as a gamer!
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

I'm only a part time gamer since I have a full time job. If I was a full time gamer, I'll probably be lost in the W.O.W. universe.

I used to play Street Fighter when it was still new in the arcades. But I never had the chance to get good at it cause I didn't have the time to go there. Same goes for Dark Stalkers and Killer Instinct. (Riptor was my main character.)

With Brawl, I have the chance to get good. Really good!! I practiced with Yoshi after coming home from work. Why Yoshi? I like Yoshi!! :howl:  :oo

Now its at the point where I did just about everything with Yoshi. I should move on to something else.
Moss27
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Moon Hunter
Mood: Bored

Post by Moss27 »

A Yoshi user, huh? Me, too! What controller?

I'm proud of myself, 'cause Yoshi, at my school district, is so uncommon. Out of 50 people, 2 were Yoshi users. I was the only Yoshi with a Wii Remote without nun chuck.

If you really want to switch characters, I like Kirby. His down special attack compensates for Yoshi's, and his hammer compensates for Yoshi's headbutt. And they both jump high. =P

Do you know what sucks? My brother practice-battles against all of my best characters when I'm not playing with him. So when we battle, he always beats me. =(
"I didn't do my homework, so why am I in trouble for something I didn't do?"
Baphnedia

Post by Baphnedia »

I had time years ago to get really good with games - these days I help many others learn the secrets of Ultima Online. Long gone are the days of Mortal Kombat II or Street Fighter. Killer Instinct was perhaps the game I was best at, though I didn't pick any one character - I tried to be excellent with them all.
Everyday should be Towel Day.
Sekrit Identity: What?
Paradice Games: .com, Forums & Facebook
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Moss27 wrote:A Yoshi user, huh? Me, too! What controller?
I use the classic controller. I bought a used Gamecube controller, but its not working properly.
Moss27 wrote:I'm proud of myself, 'cause Yoshi, at my school district, is so uncommon. Out of 50 people, 2 were Yoshi users. I was the only Yoshi with a Wii Remote without nun chuck.
Oh my. You NEED to get the classic controller. It's easier to perform Yoshi's moves. I tried using the Wii remote by itself. I can't do some of Yoshi's moves compared the classic controller. In fact, its impossible to do Yoshi's "Dragonic reverse."

Moss27 wrote:If you really want to switch characters, I like Kirby. His down special attack compensates for Yoshi's, and his hammer compensates for Yoshi's headbutt. And they both jump high. =P
I'm a big Yoshi fan. I wanted to get really good and kick butt with Yoshi! I hate the idea of switching characters just so I can beat someone. When I said I wanted to move on to something else in my last post, I meant another game. I still plan on keeping Brawl.

Moss27 wrote:Do you know what sucks? My brother practice-battles against all of my best characters when I'm not playing with him. So when we battle, he always beats me. =(
Well, fight back by doing the same thing. Instead of switching characters, switch your fighting style. That's what I did!! Get the classic controller. You'll find it easier to perform Yoshi's move.

I can teach you how to use Yoshi!! What I can do is send you some of my best replays. (We both have to be friends on the Wii in order for me to do that.) Study my fighting style and then try to mimic them using the classic controller. I'll tell you which buttons to hit if you can't figure it out. All you have to do is PM me.

My friend code is here.
http://www.thepack.network/thepackboard ... 06#p204606

PM me yours and I'll send you my replays. You DO know how to view replays, correct?

Or.....we could meet up online. Instead of fighting each other, I'll do a move and you simply mimic it. You HAVE to get the classic controller 1st. I SHOULD be off next Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. (1st, 2nd, and 3rd of January 2009.)
Last edited by Figarou on Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vagrant
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vagrant »

I really need to pick up one of those classic controllers. Unless I'm mistaken about them, they're basically SNES pads with analogue sticks, aren't they? I've been using a GameCube controller to play myself, and while it isn't bad, it's far too big and clumsy for that kind of game. I had the same problem with the Dreamcast, I had to get myself an arcade fighting stick for that because the DC pads were a bit on the huge side.

Oh and you play Ultima Online, Baph? I loved that game, back in the day, I had lots of fun with it. Admittedly, I spent most of my time fishing, mining, and taming animals, but I still quite enjoyed myself. The free servers were pretty fun too, where the skills got boosted. There was really nothing else like using Animal Taming to tame a Dragon.

It was always fun building up an army of Dragons back in the Sphere days, I should really get around to playing UO again. What's the new client like? I saw there was a new one.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Vagrant wrote:I really need to pick up one of those classic controllers. Unless I'm mistaken about them, they're basically SNES pads with analogue sticks, aren't they?
You can say that. I'm just glad it has all of the buttons like the Gamecube controller.

If you're used to using "grips" NYKO makes one for the classic controller.
http://www.amazon.com/Wii-Classic-Contr ... B000PHX4KQ

It gives the classic controller that "Gamecube controller feel."

Vagrant wrote:I've been using a GameCube controller to play myself, and while it isn't bad, it's far too big and clumsy for that kind of game. I had the same problem with the Dreamcast, I had to get myself an arcade fighting stick for that because the DC pads were a bit on the huge side.
You know what...all of the controllers are the same size. Human hands come in different sizes. So...one may say the controller is to small while the other says its to big. I don't like the button configuration on the Gamecube controller. The "B" button is to small while the "A" button is to big. I keep hitting the wrong button when I'm using the Gamecube controller.

When it comes to playing Brawl, using the Wii remote by itself is a poor choice. Why? Well...its best to have a button for each function instead of having one button doing several. Have you ever text a message on those early cell phones? The one where you have to hit a button 3 times just to get the letter "C?" A phone with a FULL keyboard makes texting go smoother and faster. The Classic Controller is just that. You'll be able to pull off cool combos much faster and easier compared to the Wii remote.

Vagrant, if you're interested in seeing my Yoshi replays, I'll be glad to send them to you. All I need is your Wii code and Brawl code.

Baphnedia wrote:I had time years ago to get really good with games - these days I help many others learn the secrets of Ultima Online. Long gone are the days of Mortal Kombat II or Street Fighter. Killer Instinct was perhaps the game I was best at, though I didn't pick any one character - I tried to be excellent with them all.

I didn't have time to get good with everyone in Killer Instinct. Just Saberwulf and Riptor.
Baphnedia

Post by Baphnedia »

Yay! It's been years since I've even heard Saberwulf's name mentioned! Woohoo!

Ok, I've got to get back to real life ugh.
Everyday should be Towel Day.
Sekrit Identity: What?
Paradice Games: .com, Forums & Facebook
Vagrant
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vagrant »

I dug Sabre Wulf too, he was such a fun character, visually. I actually had a poster from a console magazine with him on, and that adorned my walls for a good while, years back.

As far as the classic controller goes, I might still pick one up though considering what you've said about the GC controller and all, it might improve my game a bit as the SNES pad was always one of my favourite designs, anyway.

I'll be able to give you my Brawl code, Fig, but it might be a day or two. I lent a good portion of my Wii collection to my Sister's boyfriend over the Christmas period as a goodwill gesture (they only have a Wii, and next to no games for it). As soon as I get it back, I'll PM you with my codes!