New Year's Resolutions 2009!

The place for anything at all...
Spongy
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Indifferent

New Year's Resolutions 2009!

Post by Spongy »

With the year two thousand and eight quickly coming to an end, it's time to once again take out those sticky notes and notepads and start jotting down those resolution ideas!

I've already got one, and now I'm curious as to everyone else!

My resolution is simply to get on top of my schoolwork. I need to get on top of physics and math, of which both classes I feel I don't understand any of the material.

Well that's mine. Who's next?

:party:
Wingman
Game Master
Game Master
Custom Title: Dastardly ne'er-do-well in search of a lickspittle

Re: New Year's Resolutions 2009!

Post by Wingman »

Well, last year one of my resolutions was to learn a new language, and I learned two new Japanese words...so, I suppose that doesn't really count.
This year I would have to repeat myself from the last 4 years. Learn second language(of which I know a smattering of half a dozen so far, but I want to be at least as fluent as a drunken little girl), either write book or create webcomic(almost halfway there), go to college(working on it...), make enough money to not have to become male prostitute to pay for school(not that I won't be doing that for fun...), not die*.

*Failing that, die in one of the ways listed on the internet article I can not find anymore. It involved becoming a supervillain and gradually corrupting the agent sent after me. Then, when he catches me we kill eachother and he finally realizes what a monster he's become. Part of it was dying to protect some important government figure and put him in an extremely uncomfortable PR position with my last request. Has anyone seen that?
http://stevebot-7.deviantart.com/
Quod sumus hoc eritis

Aspirant writer-artist.
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

I'm a poor goal-setter, but this is what I'm planning thus far:

-- Exercise! I got a gym membership nearly a month ago, and now I can walk three miles within an hour versus one and a half. Although I'm not overweight, I've had issues with being unreasonably and constantly tired despite my youthful age, and I figure exercise will help give me a boost in energy.

-- Improve my Drawing. Although this goes without saying because I usually improve my drawing unintentionally; Lately, I've been trying to actually draw from reference photos, and I'll hopefully start working on creating actual backgrounds too.

-- Study for the SAT/ACT. I've made it this far through my school career without studying a minute in my life, but these tests are way too important for me to snub. Plus, a high score means scholarships, and scholarships mean a happier future for me.

-- Volunteer more. Due to my recent induction into the National Honors Society, this has become obligatory. I already volunteer at an animal shelter, but the hours I gain there just aren't enough. So I have some tree-planting to expect in the future, whether I chose to or not.

-- Pay attention in Math And stop drawing werewolves in there, no matter how dull I find sines and cosines to be.
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
Baphnedia

Post by Baphnedia »

My new year resolution:

Get out of the Kansas Rectangle before it's too late.
Everyday should be Towel Day.
Sekrit Identity: What?
Paradice Games: .com, Forums & Facebook
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

My New Year's resolutions:
1: Look up last year's resolutions and see if I kept any of them :(

2: Find a publisher :D

3:See if I can remember where I put last year's resolutions. :roll:
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Sometimes, ya just gotta say ... BLEEEE!!
Additional Details: Digg: Gemfinder
Dragon Cave: http://dragcave.net/user/Xocowolf
Twitter: @Xocowolf
Mood: Busy

Post by vrikasatma »

I was aiming to get my horse-drawn carriage business up and running, but the way the economy's going that's probably Quixotic.

So basically what I've got planned is two objectives:

Continue to support soon-to-be President Obama, especially between Jan. 20 and April 31 (his 100 days),
and second, push like HELL for across-the-boards healthcare reform.

Call it "enlightened self-interest."
ImageImageImageImage
Vagrant
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Prolific Procrastinator

Post by Vagrant »

I have three, and knowing myself as I do, I can say that they are both humble and quixotic at the same time, as is my wont.

1 - Exercise: I'm with outward on this, I have a gym card and I'm no longer afraid to use it! At the moment, I'm "festively plump", I'm not overweight to the point where it bothers me, but I do have a stone or two more than I want.

2 - Pick up Music Again: I seem to have some latent talent with music, but I've never found the perfect instrument. I'm going to do what I can to experiment this year, to see if I can tap this potential. It's in there somewhere, I just have to figure out its shape and form.

3 - Deed-Poll: It's easy to change one's name in the UK via a deed-poll, it's a painless and generally expense free process. My surname is a point of shame for me, and my mother has already switched back to her maiden name. I have a couple of names in mind, I'm just debating on which I'm actually going to take.

I have to say, the third thing is what I'm looking forward to the most, this year. It's going to be amazing, and with a name I can be proud of it'll do a lot to help with my self-esteem.

(Oh and no, it's not going to be Max Powers. That's apparently the ideal name for my roomie though, and the one he's been pressuring me to take, but it's not for me. :P)
Moonwatcher
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Guardian
Mood: Sad

Post by Moonwatcher »

My New Year's resolutions:

Focus on getting good grades for 2009
Humans Fear The Beast Within the Wolf Because
They Do Not Understand the beast Within Themselves
*nagowteena*
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: TV!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mood: RAR!

Post by *nagowteena* »

1: Learn to drive.
2: Go to more auditions.
3: Get a job.
Image Image
Yeah, that hits the spot..DeviantArt ~ Youtube Avatar by Z
Kami
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
Custom Title: Kamikaze
Mood: Depressed

Post by Kami »

I resolve to be less busy and have more time to spare to get online.

That means no more procrastinating.

xD
lycanthropeful
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Werewolf Wannabe
Mood: Ruthless

Post by lycanthropeful »

My number one New Year's resolution is always to lose weight. I think it's everyone's. I finally lost weight in 10th grade, and now as a college freshman (who is pretty happy that maybe only 5 of the Freshman 15 actually happened - marching band saved me on that one), I'd like to trim down a little. I'm probably 10-15 pounds overweight for my height. But, I see it as an obtainable goal to get to a healthier weight this upcoming quarter because of my schedule. I have class from 8-2 every day. Not bad at all - and that's a ton of time to go work out! :D

I also am very close to finishing my novel Vengeance, which I want to get published (self-published - no worries there. And oh, RedEye, have you considered using Blurb to publish? That's what I plan to do) by some time in 2009. That will definitely happen, I know it. It was started in March of 2008 and there are maybe two chapters left to write, so I can foresee that occurring.

Plus, staying on top of my grades will be priority as well. I made the Dean's List for my first quarter, so I want to keep that achievement a standard. :)
Last edited by lycanthropeful on Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
SaxGirl1010 @ deviantART
Art commissions are currently OPEN! Click HERE!
Vengeance, my werewolf novel: ON SALE NOW!
Vagrant
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vagrant »

That's another novel I'm looking forward to picking up in the future, then. Let us know when you publish it, eh? I'll be one of the first in line for a copy, because your tale and characters has certainly caught my interest too. Looking forward to it!
lycanthropeful
Legendary
Legendary

Post by lycanthropeful »

Vagrant wrote:That's another novel I'm looking forward to picking up in the future, then. Let us know when you publish it, eh? I'll be one of the first in line for a copy, because your tale and characters has certainly caught my interest too. Looking forward to it!
Will do, Vagrant. *salutes* You can read it all online, though, if you click the link in my signature. Though I have to say, a softcover book version will be much cooler.

So yes, I aim to finish that, as well as maybe resolving to also be a little less of a procrastinator. Forgot to add that in my last post. It's always a good thing to aim for, I think!
SaxGirl1010 @ deviantART
Vagrant
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vagrant »

I may do just that! I have to say though that books are my favourite format for reading, so it's nice having that as an option.

So, yes indeed, I may start making my way through it, but even if I manage to finish it online, I'm still going to pick up a copy. That way, I can reread it in comfort whenever I like, and I get to simply have it in my book collection, and that's awesome. One can never have enough good Werewolf literature, in my opinion.
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

Bah! Reading these resolutions reminds me of new resolutions I should be making this year.

:wink:
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
lycanthropeful
Legendary
Legendary

Post by lycanthropeful »

Doodles, I had the same resolutions you did last year, haha.

SATs are a pain in the butt! But if you do resolve to do well on them, you will be SO HAPPY later. Take AP tests, too! I cleared out 12 credit hours of social sciences, and I don't have to take English until my third year of college because of them! I was also in NHS, and I know what a time devotion that can be. Oh boy. Good luck with your resolutions! :D
SaxGirl1010 @ deviantART
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

-Loose weight! I need to exercise a lot more and eat better. I was on the NutriSystem diet for almost half a year, up until this Halloween. I most likely gained it all back by now... :P Hopefully not; I'm too afraid to go on the scale.

-Draw more. I need to finish a couple commissions that I'm doing. I don't want to procrastinate like I usually do. That is something I need to work on. I want to improve my Photoshop skills too.

-Find a job. I quit my other job a couple weeks before Christmas, so I have to get another asap. Not sure where I want to work. The few places I did ask at, they weren't hiring. :(

-Do well for the upcoming spring semester at school. German has me especially worried.
Wingman
Game Master
Game Master
Custom Title: Dastardly ne'er-do-well in search of a lickspittle

Post by Wingman »

I'm suppose I should join the club and add "Exercise" to the list. I lost a good 15-20 pounds after quitting my job earlier this year, though I picked up about half an inch on the belt. Which is the exact opposite of what most people aim for. Funny what not eating seven meals a day will do to you, though I'm spending far less money on food now than I was then. For a while there I hit around 155, and now I've worked my way back to 175. Yay for changing metabolisms, I guess. I miss my muscles, I guess that was the upside to tossing around 20kg bags of flour most every day. Heh, just checked and I've lost an inch off each bicep.
For all that I enjoy being lazy, the sedate lifestyle does not agree with me.
http://stevebot-7.deviantart.com/
Quod sumus hoc eritis

Aspirant writer-artist.
Moss27
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Moon Hunter
Mood: Bored

Post by Moss27 »

My 2009 resolutions:

- Keep up my grades
- Take the ACT/SAT and actually get good scores on them
- Get a driving permit

And one that I probably need to work on for the rest of my life:

- Stop procrastinating.
"I didn't do my homework, so why am I in trouble for something I didn't do?"
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary

Post by vrikasatma »

Resolutions — ha! :P

I make resolutions but I don't wait around for New Year's Day to make them. I make them throughout the year. And I usually don't put a condition on them: I never say "I will do [XYZ] by the end of the [year/month/week/day]..." I'm too smart for that, they never pan out. Doesn't matter whether I'm bound and determined, you can't control everything.

What I do is say, "I am going to do/experience [XYZ]," and set to work to make it happen, and work until it happens. Might take thirty seconds, might be a couple hours, might be six months, might be in nine years.

Magically speaking, right now isn't a good time to make resolutions. It's a waxing void-of-course crescent moon in Aquarius. Saturn's in retrograde as well, which means you should have gotten your :duckie :duckie :duckie :duckie :duckie :duckie :duckie already and preparing to act once the Moon comes out of void, exits imaginative Pisces, and enters Aries Saturday.
ImageImageImageImage
IndianaJones
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Anime/Furry/Disney Fanatic
Additional Details: I like transformations and humans being turned into animals, furries, and monsters.
Mood: Relief

Post by IndianaJones »

My New Year's Resolutions?

- Improve my drawing style and skills.
- Improve my story telling.
- Get more werewolf-related stuff.
- Buy more anthropomorphic animal (furry) novels, comics, media, and tv show DVD sets.
- Stop delaying my dream universe webcomic.
- Promote or get a better job.
- Collect Extinct-Attractions Club DVD/CD sets.

Well that is about it. I just need the time and money for those. Happy New Year! :party:
Disney/Disneyland fans and theme parks!
http://micechat.com/

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ZanderFox/
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary

Post by vrikasatma »

I decided on a New Year's resolution after all, but this one will be easy to pull off.

A couple weeks ago, I got a coupon for those detoxifying foot pads in the paper and found them at my local Walgreen's. I tried them — the price is $20 for a week's supply — and while they work alright, they are made in China and my cat showed very strong signs of wanting to play with the used ones. :scream:

Since I don't want to expose him to toxic residues (and he has a penchant for raiding the garbage can), and I'd prefer to not send money to China if I can help it, I decided to save the $20/week and go to Footloose, a local day spa, once a month. They have a detoxifying treatment and give you a twenty-minute massage to go with it. I'd rather have contact with another human being; the footpads don't do that.

Far better to kick some money to a local Eugenian for their groceries than line the pockets of some corrupt suit in China.
ImageImageImageImage
AudreyLeigh
Custom Title: AudreyLeigh
Mood: Stressed

Post by AudreyLeigh »

My goals this year is to be happy ( my life is a sad story right now lol :wolfcry: ) and run away to travel. I think leaving the country is the only way I am going to become free from the life I am stuck in right now. Also to focus on making my friends very happy and helping them in whatever they need. My ladies are the ones who care about me and have always been there for me, I owe them my life. Anddddddd I need to start working out, im a tiny lil thing, I need to get some muscles!!! I hope everyone does awesome on their goals!!!
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise
Mood: RAR!

Post by Kaebora »

Kaebora's 2009 Resolutions of Awesome:

1) Exercise twice a week.

2) Get back to learning new 3D Animation techniques and tools.

3) Save up tons of money, get the passport and student visa, and prepare for the move to Canada in 2010.
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets
Mood: Indifferent

Post by MoonKit »

To be more bold.

Brave. Daring. Adventurous. Whichever.

8)
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend