The place for anything at all...
Noir-Okami
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Troper
Mood: Excited

A second Inquistion?

Post by Noir-Okami »

Does anyone think there'll be a time where there's a second Inquisition?
(Ideology wise, where we still have technology.)
And, if so, what would happen to all the members on this website? (Seeing as the Inquisition killed people for being non-Catholic, 'witches,' 'werewolves,' 'vampires,' ect. And if things got that bad, nobody'd think logically enough to realize no real werewolf would go on this site. {If they were on this site, they wouldn't proclaim to be one.})
I'm working on a werewolf novel, while liking to stay up late at night and going to college. I'm going to be sleep-deprived when this is all said and done. :sleepy:

Anthony Brownrigg, I hope you have the best of luck with Freeborn. RedEye, I also wish you the best of luck with Wulfen Blood. And for a bit of luck for both of you... :ducktoss3:
Berserker
Legendary
Legendary

Re: A second Inquistion?

Post by Berserker »

I predict the second Inquisition will be a reversal of the first one. To persecute the religious, the traditional, the critics of relativism, the critics of egalitarianism, etc. A future more reminiscent of "Harrison Bergeron" than "1984." This forum, being appropriately new-age and relatively inclusive, would probably be safe.
Wselfwulf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Wselfwulf »

"Let us spread rational enquiry by the sword!"

Nah, somehow I think the classic perpetrators of various crimes against intelligence will remain the modern day ones. The hitch? They had power then, they have it now.
Real humanity presents a mixture of all that is most sublime and beautiful with all that is vilest and most monstrous in the world - Mikhail Bakunin, God and The State

Nothing in life is certain except negative patient care outcomes and revenue enhancement - William Lutz
Uniform Two Six
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Uniform Two Six »

If there is one, the religious fruitcakes will probably be waaaaay more interested in going after homosexuals and doctors who perform abortions than any of us.
lycan94
Legendary
Legendary

Post by lycan94 »

Well... If we werewolf fans get to make all out war against those who laugh at us and tease us for being us, then yes, coun't me in!
Sorry to go off topic, but a bunch of kids called me a few very nasty names I don't care to reapeat today at school and I want to make war against them. Revenge of the outcasts of society man.
Death is the final reminder of our own mortality.
When all my ennimies die, I hope i have the strength to spit on their graves or the money to pay someone to do it for me
Berserker
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Berserker »

Don't worry. When you get to college that stuff goes away. I just drunkenly told a bunch of people at a party that I love werewolves, that I write about them and post on this board, and at worst they thought it was interesting.

The inquisition we're talking about is on a much more dangerous level. :)
Defensorem Lupus
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Being Frank
Mood: Relief

Post by Defensorem Lupus »

I hear you there guys. But physical war is only a last resort. We have to show that we have class and are better then them.

The should be a second Inquisition, but one that covers all the bases and leaves no room for error. Actual, the way I see it, there might multiple Inquisition at the same time or one right after the other because there are other issues.

I read a quote from Al gore that can be applied in a general sense. I do not know it word for word at the moment, but he said that if the people in power do not care for the planet, then it is the responsibility of the younger generation to rise up and commit acts of civil disobedience.

I totally cannot agree any more.
The wolf is neither man's competitor nor his enemy.
He is a fellow creature with whom the earth must be shared...
If the wolf is to survive, the wolf haters must be outnumbered.
They must be outshouted, out financed, and out voted.
Their narrow and biased attitude must be outweighed by an attitude based on an understanding of natural processes.
-Dr. L. David Mech
Noir-Okami
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Troper

Post by Noir-Okami »

lycan94: I wasn't advising war or attacking anyone who thinks we are odd. (If everyone was normal or percived as normal, then there'd be no normal or abnormal. Because you need you need both to define one another.) And people will pick on others. But that's no reason to freak out.

I was trying to ask what would happen if another Inquisition occurred. I guess it'd probably be in only self defense if things got to the point of all out warfare (which would involve people getting murdered left and right by religious nutballs).

And there were multiple Inquisitions at the same time durning the 1500's. But on the whole, it was called the Inquisition. (Thank you, Wikipedia. :P )
I'm working on a werewolf novel, while liking to stay up late at night and going to college. I'm going to be sleep-deprived when this is all said and done. :sleepy:

Anthony Brownrigg, I hope you have the best of luck with Freeborn. RedEye, I also wish you the best of luck with Wulfen Blood. And for a bit of luck for both of you... :ducktoss3:
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Scott Gardener »

A second inquisition? There already is one. Islam is currently in the Middle East where Christianity was about 500 years ago. That's not to say that all of Islam is that way, but in, say, Saudi Arabia, where it's a state religion, and a woman recently was condemned to death there for practicing witchcraft, it is.

As for us, they already have come after us. Without going into the details, it's one of the big themes of this decade, and the excuse for a war as well as political and economic turmoil. But, I suspect you've already noticed that.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets
Mood: Indifferent

Post by MoonKit »

Noir-Okami wrote:And, if so, what would happen to all the members on this website?
They'd have to find our physical bodies first. 8)
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
Zen
Just Bitten
Just Bitten
Custom Title: Universal Dictator
Additional Details: my hoard. mine.

Post by Zen »

mine isn't here it's waiting forme in the summerlands

i'm not worried about it

and besides, it's gotten very easy for me to lie when i have to to protect myself
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

There have been, though we refer to them by different names depending on who it was that was killing anyone that was different. Nazis had the holocaust, communists had the purges, present-day Muslim extremists have the jihads, etc., etc. It's not a question of whether or not there will be another, it's a question of who will do it and how much they'll accomplish before it all comes crashing down on them.
lycan94
Legendary
Legendary

Post by lycan94 »

To true.
Death is the final reminder of our own mortality.
When all my ennimies die, I hope i have the strength to spit on their graves or the money to pay someone to do it for me
Wingman
Game Master
Game Master
Custom Title: Dastardly ne'er-do-well in search of a lickspittle

Post by Wingman »

I've actually been bouncing around an idea that incorporated elements of this for a while now, though done via Burn After Reading(love that movie!) levels of stupidity. Well, that and elements of End of the Line(I think that's it's title, it's a fairly recent horror movie. Cult believes the Apocalypse is coming, and to save us from the walking dead they have to kill us all first. Such kind people.)

The basics of what I've been developing is that certain people have known about the werewolves for a long, long time, and have a fairly win-win deal with them. Then someone finds some surveillance info on some werewolves, and the baklava hits the fan. Some communications get garbled, others get sent to the wrong people, and hijinks ensue. Everything snowballs from there, as other people jump on the bandwagon.
http://stevebot-7.deviantart.com/
Quod sumus hoc eritis

Aspirant writer-artist.