Warlord

Talk about movies, and whatnot, upcoming flicks, and current releases.
Wingman
Game Master
Game Master
Custom Title: Dastardly ne'er-do-well in search of a lickspittle

Warlord

Post by Wingman »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGxBizeiL3s
Check it out, it is rather cool. The imagery is fitting for the whole werewolf ideal. I mean, the way it's presented is just too awesome for youtube.

This deserves to be a feature film.

"She fed me putrid things: sickly sweet drinks, poisons, dressed in lies. And her inbred little familiar, the cur, its bloodlines kept precious, obedient, its true nature drained."

"All my life, awake and asleep, I had dreamed. I dreamed a world, a world yet to come, a world newborn. But the fix made the dreams...go away."

" 'This is the last day!' I cried, 'I will not serve your cold and faceless gods. No more witch's tricks. I will not eat the food that makes me weak, I will not play the games that make me dumb. I say war on these terrible ways. I am your child no more, today I am free!' "
http://stevebot-7.deviantart.com/
Quod sumus hoc eritis

Aspirant writer-artist.
Vagrant
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Prolific Procrastinator

Re: Warlord

Post by Vagrant »

That was amazing.

As a proponent of anarchism, I'm familiar with anarcho-primitivism too, and that's what the film seemed to be about. It showed how the sometimes dystopian nature of the civilised World can give way to a more tribal under-current, and the desire to return to a wild state.

For me, the film is about two extremes, the complete abandonment of life as we know it on one hand, to return to the wild, and the chained, faceless lives we lead as part of Human society--where we must repress our true nature as a necessary aspect of survival.

That's why I found the statement about faceless Gods so interesting, because it harkens to the basic truth that by working out of necessity instead of passion, we lose touch with ourselves. Any person forced to work in a way that they cannot enjoy and embody becomes faceless.

The other extreme has its downsides for me as well, as it would mean the dissolution of an information network, ideas would be kept to small groups of people and they would not be allowed to blossom, literature would be no more than spoken tale passed from tribe's elder to children, and the beautiful forms of expressionism and art that were borne of a more civilised culture would be lost to us.

That's why I'd personally strive for a balance of the two, a society in which technology doesn't need to be rejected, where it could in fact be embraced for what it is, but society in which no one would have to be faceless, where every person would be as stark and abstract an individual as they could be.

Building that kind of society is what my tales are about, and it's only by understanding both extremes can those people within my tales go about creating that ultimate ideal.

I certainly remember times when I felt like the message that film was trying to convey, and those feelings are something I hold dear, and I wouldn't be surprised if we all do. The direction of the "Warlord" wouldn't be the one I'd take, but it's certainly one I could respect and understand. At the moment, it's just two Worlds with little in-between.

Also: It was pretty musing, which made the message all the better.