Urgent! Save our Wolves!

The place for anything at all...
Kelpten
Legendary
Legendary

Urgent! Save our Wolves!

Post by Kelpten »

The property housing Wolf Hybrid Adoption and Rescue (WHAR) was purchased 11-09-08 by CalTrans Department of Transportation. Immediate help is requested. New land has been donated, but CalTrans is proving obstinate in providing funds for rebuilding and relocating the shelter. Wolves and hybrids are in need of funds to relocate to survive.

Please understand that this move is not elective. The property housing WHAR had to be sold due to eminent domain mandates created by the Highway 46 East expansion. Sale of property was unavoidable. Consequently, WHAR and its inhabitants — fifteen wolf or wolf-mixes —need immediate funds for re-housing and sanctuary. WHAR has only five months to relocate. Detailed plan available for all interested supporters or investors.

Any donation you are able to contribute will be helpful. If all you can spare is a dollar, please spare the dollar. I repeat, ANY DONATION IS DESPERATELY NEEDED! Donations can be made by credit card by calling 1-805-610-7700. Checks can be mailed to PO Box 594, Templeton CA 93465. All donations are tax deductable. The alternative if we do not get enough funds to relocate is the immediate euthanizing of all our animals. Please don’t let this happen!
Finally, please spread the word to everyone you can. If enough people donate even a little, we can ensure homes for our current wolves and for animals to come. It’s up to you!

www.whar.org
Vagrant
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Prolific Procrastinator

Re: Urgent! Save our Wolves!

Post by Vagrant »

Blast...

I wonder if they could setup a Paypal account? If I had a viable way of getting money to them (from the UK), I'd throw as sizable a donation at them as I could manage.
Baphnedia

Post by Baphnedia »

It just so happens that I'll be traveling through there on my way towards Los Gatos (up the 101). I've missed out on seeing any wolves when I started my road trip from Kansas... any chance that someone will be there on a Saturday evening or Sunday morning?

As for donations... mine might be rather small, but I'd at least be able to make it in person.
Everyday should be Towel Day.
Sekrit Identity: What?
Paradice Games: .com, Forums & Facebook
Kelpten
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kelpten »

I'd gladly give you a full tour on Saturday night or evening. Just give me the time window and I'll be sure to be there. Thank you so much! Do you need directions?
Whisperwind
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Whisperwind »

ughhh i hate how they can just do that.. put innocent wolves and the people who care for them in a huge bind just because they want ANOTHER highway.

i agree though - try to set up a paypal account! i'm weary of phones.. last time i bought something over the phone my phone got hacked and someone managed to swipe my credit card number. not fun.
wolves and dragons? i'm on board! ImageImageImage
WerewolfKeeper3
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Darkness Surrounds me, Chaos commands me, and i see what others cannot
Mood: Relief

Post by WerewolfKeeper3 »

I wish i could help, i really wish i could... but i'm broke right now... and have no real way of getting you cash even if i had it...
No what you have are bullets in the hope that when your guns are empty I'm no longer standing. Because if I am, you'll all be before you've reloaded.
V, from V for Vendetta.

What a strange creature is man, that he cages himself so willingly?
-Athena from Appleseed (2004)