Underlying Reasons to be a Werewolf Fan

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.

First, on a scale of 1-5, how big a werewolf fan are you? (read the post before voting!)

0 - Other
4%
1 - Dislikes werewolves
No votes
2 - Doesn’t really care either way
No votes
3 - They’re pretty cool I guess, but they aren’t an obsession
9%
4 - I like werewolves a lot but wouldn’t want to become one
24%
Report the incident to your pack’s leaders and let them decide what to do
63%

Total votes: 46

Celestialwolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Werewolf at Heart
Additional Details: Used to be Lazywolf

Underlying Reasons to be a Werewolf Fan

Post by Celestialwolf »

Anyone that posts here is most likely a werewolf fan. You saw that werewolf movie as a kid, read a certain werewolf book, saw Goldenwolf's amazing art, or just started liking werewolves for no particular reason, etc. The initial and ongoing causes aside, what do you think the underlying reasons for your werewolf obsession actually are?

Here's me for example. I come from a stable home, my parents have been married for over 20 years, I have a very strong religious background, I've always been surrounded by mentors who know so much and are strong in their beliefs, have many friends, am happy with the way I look, and have never wanted for food, clothing, or shelter. I consider myself fairly educated; I graduated school and am almost done with my associates’ degree.

And yet there's something missing. I have this obsessive desire to literally become a werewolf and am always looking for good werewolf art and stories on Deviantart, try to draw and write about them myself, and spend a lot of time on this forum reading about them. I find them in my thoughts almost constantly. I’ve been a fan since age 6 but the obsession really caught on in ’04 or ’05. There has to be some underlying reason; my guess is an inferiority complex, a desire to just get away from society and survive off the land independent of anyone else when I want or need to, having a secret nobody else would know about, and an obsession for shifting and morphing, especially into something bigger, better, stronger, and more instinctual.

What about you? What are your underlying reasons? Whether you actually want to be a werewolf or not, vote on how big a werewolf fan you are and then list your underlying reasons.
Last edited by Celestialwolf on Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Founder, Werewolves At Heart group.
--
My DeviantArt profile and Character Sheet
WerewolfKeeper3
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Darkness Surrounds me, Chaos commands me, and i see what others cannot
Mood: Relief

Re: Underlying Reasons to be a Werewolf Fan

Post by WerewolfKeeper3 »

First... it was the power... Being able to shift into something powerful, feared and fantastic appealed to me...

Then, i saw GoldenWolf's artwork, and everything changed. SHe portrays werewolves/ anthro wolves so beautifully, my desire to become a werewolf {yep...} changed from the wanting of power... to the wanting of freedom.

To me, now, werewolves aren't monsters or just powerful beings... They symbolize freedom from everything that holds us back, and keeps us down. Whenever i think of werewolves, i see GoldenWolf's artwork. I actually based the way some of my characters looked off her artwork {though eventually... they changed to something more me.}. She pretty much influenced the way i look at werewolves... and yes, i love her pics of violence too.

Hard not to, when they still have the amazing attention to detail, and are {like always} SO FREAKIN' COOL!
( :howl:  :oo I'll howl to that...)
No what you have are bullets in the hope that when your guns are empty I'm no longer standing. Because if I am, you'll all be before you've reloaded.
V, from V for Vendetta.

What a strange creature is man, that he cages himself so willingly?
-Athena from Appleseed (2004)
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

Oddly, I voted OTHER. :?

Simple, really: While I'd jump at becoming one of MY werewolves in a split second, I'd have to think about some of the other versions out there.
And... I really don't think about werewolves all the time. I have a life, even if I am 61. I do think about them a lot, but that's in reference to daily life and how they'd handle things; for the stories. :o

So, color me Other. And stay inside the lines, please. :lol:
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
heartlessfang
Legendary
Legendary
Additional Details: I'm a manga artist/comic artist/writer. I've taken martial arts for about 11 years. Never played any of the Werewolf card games.
Mood: RAR!

Post by heartlessfang »

I put 5....but that's not exactly true anymore.....I wanted that strength for all the wrong reasons when I was younger, and that by getting that power and using it for revenge or release would just create more sadness in this world.....eventually by the time that I started thinking that way, I myself became a weapon and had in one sense attained the power that I had wanted. That and I realized that true "freedom" for humans could never really be attained.

I now realize how dangerous I am compared to other humans. I find it rather amusing; I wished for power so much when people where tormenting me that my body eventually granted my wish when I stopped wanting that power so badly. The werewolf will always be an aspect of myself that I love and loathe. That in the end, the being that I sought to become and had envisioned, was something I didn't want to be. But when I really though of it, I wanted not just outer physical strength that I saw, but the inner strength and confidence that I associate with the wolf in general.

blah enough rambling. keeping myself in balance with the world and doing my best to make myself stronger Is all I care about now. If I was offered a chance to become one, I would have to meditate on it for a while. I believe that I'm here in this body, time, and place for a reason. /ramble
lycanthropeful
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Werewolf Wannabe
Mood: Ruthless

Post by lycanthropeful »

^ That's an interesting side of the story, heartlessfang. I think we share the same opinions, or at least did, but my situation seems to be the other side of the coin as yours.

I voted five because I've gotten more comfortable in pinpointing what my desires are, and how I would be able to fulfill them. Being a werewolf would do just that. It's an obsession that I still tend to hide from some people, but I'm a lot more open about it. I've identified my id, so to say - now it's the process of understanding and indulging in the reattachment.

I'm a freshman in college now, but in my junior and senior years of high school, I got so fed up with a lot of people and situations. Even after dealing with so many of these things all through my educational career, I usually just tolerated these things that agitated me. But suddenly, as these problems gripped me more and more, learning that stupid people and their behavior will never change, I felt a desire for an end to their distress. Since it couldn't happen in the real world without repercussions, I had to live out my own fantasies through imagination and artwork.

When I was younger, I clung to dragons because they too represented a physical strength I could never obtain in real life. When I was about 14, that started to change. Something about a werewolf is ultimately more believable... that's what started my kick on writing my novel. Vengeance had come to life on paper. Any time I ever was sick of people who teased me or my friends at high school, or relied on sex and alcohol to make friends instead of trying to lead a fulfilling life, instead of me actually causing trouble in the real world, I scrawled my fantasies down onto paper in the form of words or drawings.

What if I could become a werewolf, endowed with physical strength and freedom beyond their wildest dreams, and seek my revenge upon them? It's a common, but sadistic, thought, yet violence lies in my roots. Sometimes I just don't think negotiation can always cut it. People sometimes can't understand things until they are forced to - and by forced to, I mean through violence and power.

That feeling of being unstoppable is what sends my adrenaline to its peak. The legacy of a werewolf as a terrifying beast, one that epitomizes man's inner conflict and need to return to his animal past, truly speaks to me. If only, if only, if only...
SaxGirl1010 @ deviantART
Art commissions are currently OPEN! Click HERE!
Vengeance, my werewolf novel: ON SALE NOW!
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

RedEye wrote:While I'd jump at becoming one of MY werewolves in a split second, I'd have to think about some of the other versions out there.
I picked #4 for about the same reason; while I'd feel privileged and honored to meet a real life werewolf, and I think I'd make a great werewolf the way I see them, I'd want to stay human for a year or two so I can learn what I'd be getting into before I commit to anything.

That and I'd probably hold out a while just in case a werecat came along. :P
Celestialwolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Werewolf at Heart
Additional Details: Used to be Lazywolf

Post by Celestialwolf »

RedEye wrote:Simple, really: While I'd jump at becoming one of MY werewolves in a split second, I'd have to think about some of the other versions out there.
Well, yeah, me too. I guess I should have been more specific on which version, but I'm definitely talking about your own specific style and flavor of werewolf! (Here's mine, by the way: [link])
RedEye wrote:And... I really don't think about werewolves all the time. I have a life, even if I am 61.
You're 61. What?!? I had no idea! Your personality on the boards would suggest someone in... oh, I don't know--their late twenties? Wow.
Founder, Werewolves At Heart group.
--
My DeviantArt profile and Character Sheet
Vagrant
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Prolific Procrastinator

Post by Vagrant »

I'd only really be hung up on two things:

1) Do they retain their mind at all times (it'd be a bit of a con if they didn't)?

2) As Werewolves, does their gestalt form look like a real Wolf instead of just a cheap B-movie monster?

If 1 and 2 checked out, then I'd likely jump on the opportunity, it's something that may only come once a lifetime, and it's not something I'd pass up on any technicality. Anything else that came along with it (regenerative abilities, endurance, et cetera) would just be a bonus. And if there were any negative sides to it, I'd accept them as part of the burden for a gift so wonderful.

I'd be doing myself a disservice by not accepting, and I knew that if I had the opportunity, and my two worries weren't valid with the type of were asking and I didn't accept their offer, I would regret it until the end of my days.
Whisperwind
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Whisperwind »

i put 5 but after reading the replies, i tend to agree with the "i would want to become one of MY werewolves" sentiment.. it all really depends which we're talking about.

i'm not sure when the "werewolf" part of it kicked in, but i've always felt a special kinship with canines in general, and the wolves really got forced into light when i was 6 or so..

a friend of my aunt's had a half wolf and a husky, both outdoor dogs living in a large enclosure around back (complete with heated doghouses and the like). once my aunt realized how much i loved animals, she took me to see them.. after going there for a few days and being introduced and playing with them, they thought it was "safe" if i went to say goodbye on the last day by myself (my aunt lived in a different state, so i didnt get to see her often). needless to say, bad idea, but i was 6 and excitement overruled any kind of logic that might have been present..

i clearly remember not seeing them, calling out, and going in anyway thinking they were at the other end of the enclosure and couldnt hear me. as i turned around when i was done latching the gate back, the husky sprang at me.. somehow he didnt do more than knock me down, but he came at me again, going for my face/throat , when the half wolf came out of NOWHERE, slammed into him, fought with him briefly, then stood over me growling like some kind of demon.. they bickered over me, but its plain to me now that the half wolf was the alpha in that scenario.. after he chased the husky away, he came over to me and laid down next to me.. unfortunately when the adults arrived 10 minuted later to find me scrapped and muddy on the ground with the half wolf hovering, you can guess how they reacted. it took me what felt like hours to convince them it wasnt him who attacked me, since the half wolf was normally more tense around strangers where as the husky supposedly loved everyone. even then they wouldnt let me go back to just see him one last time.

sadly i never saw him again.. before i could get out there for another visit he died of old age, but i think about him almost daily. i obsessed about wolves for a long time after that, because at the time i didnt know he was only half (he sure as hell looked full wolf, even in pictures).. and it all took off from there.

i wish i could have properly said thank you.. :mourn:
wolves and dragons? i'm on board! ImageImageImage
heartlessfang
Legendary
Legendary
Additional Details: I'm a manga artist/comic artist/writer. I've taken martial arts for about 11 years. Never played any of the Werewolf card games.
Mood: RAR!

Post by heartlessfang »

now that's interesting and cool!
Leonca~
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Cat who walks by Herself
Mood: Stressed

Post by Leonca~ »

I voted 4.
My interest in werewolves came from my obsession with mythology. Even before I saw them in movies I was reading the old stories about them. Usually they starred as either diabolical villains who discovered how to shapeshift and used it to terrorize the community, or tragic cursed figures. Both appealed to me, and have continued to do so as my love of the horror and fantasy genres grows. My interest is not restricted to wolves though, and if I was given the opportunity I would love to know what it would be like to become a wereleopard or weretiger. Part of that comes from watching my own cats, and how graceful they are. I’m so wimpy that it would be interesting to obtain that kind of power and grace. :)
On the other hand, I don’t think it would be in my best interests to accept such a change if it was going to be permanent. Even though the version of werewolves and werecats I have come up with is something I see as ideal, I had to build some weaknesses into it to make it realistic. I’ve already come up with a ton of scenarios where it could make a person’s life miserable. For example, if my scent changed and it scared animals whenever they met me it would effectively end the chances of me getting any job that has ever even remotely interested me. It would have to come with a lot more benefits to counteract those kinds of risks. I would certainly agree if it was just for a night though. :P
Sombra avatar by Leopreston at deviantart.com
Wingman
Game Master
Game Master
Custom Title: Dastardly ne'er-do-well in search of a lickspittle

Post by Wingman »

I'd say I'm about at 3.5, maybe even a 4. I'm no more obsessed with werewolves than say, vampires, spellcasters, Fey, dragons, or anything else.

Possibly, I'm not just interested in the because they're stronger, or faster, or anything like that, but rather just that they're different. If anything is my obsession, it's difference, possibility, What could have happen, what didn't happen, stuff like that. I guess that that is my obsession, since I usually actively search for other versions of something, or other ways to do something.
It's caused me no amount of grief over the years, since I'll spend a week writing up an alternate version of something, then get maybe 10 page views and a single comment.
http://stevebot-7.deviantart.com/
Quod sumus hoc eritis

Aspirant writer-artist.
Chris
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Chris »

I picked 5, though it would really be somewhere between 4 and 5.

My interested with werewolves actually started when I saw Teen Wolf ( :P ). It was something about the transformation scene that really latched on to me.. the forced change that he had to do with the whole "wtf's happening??" thing. The Monster Squad was another one I was partly into in that era. I wasn't really allowed to watch horror movies, so I kinda missed out on all the "classics" at the time (AWIL, The Howling, etc).. though I also have an odd memory of the werewolf scene from the movie Waxworks.. which terrified me, and it wouldn't be until many years later that I remembered it and could appreciate the same attraction I had with Teen Wolf (the forced transformation). Never really re-watched the movie though, as I fear too much my memory of it is better than the actual film :P But I digress.

Eventually we got the internet, and eventually I started looking into things like the supernatural, werewolves, and such things that interested me. I never really went for the horror angle of it, likely because my lack of exposure to horror growing up. Also never really went for the "back to nature" angle, because I grew up in rather rural/suburban areas.. enough people around, but was already surrounded by nature.

In my teen years/mid-to-later-90s, I caught a glimpse of the furry fandom, though never really delved into it until a few years later. Family finance problems caused us to move around a lot, slowly moving towards more urban areas and away from places I felt comfortable in. Not being much for urban living, I slowly but surely started yearning for the "olden days" of being around nature and that seeped into my other interests, including anthro creatures/werewolves. Still yearn for that today. :(

Anyway.. around the late 90s/early 2000 I got into the whole furry/furry lifestyler thing, then a bit later found the difference between furry and therianthropy. Therianthropy rekindled my interest in werecreatures in general (as opposed to generalized furries/anthros), and that's about when I started looking into the more "horror" werewolves.. don't quite remember, but I think it might've been Ginger Snaps that was my initial exposure to the horror werewolves. From there, I went back and started looking into the ones I missed growing up, and liked some aspects of them.

Time scale might be a bit off, but I guess that about brings me up to what/why my ideal werewolf is.. forced changes, not-evil-but-still-dangerous with little-to-no conscious memory of their human self (generalized "loss of control"), and representing a way to get back closer to nature.

Now, as for selecting 5.. as weird as it may sound, I don't really mind a loss of control, given a couple prerequisites: One, that I have the means to keep myself safe (pretty much a given as a feral werewolf, I think).. Two, that I don't cause undue harm to others (ie. not prowl around as a werewolf looking for someone to kill; I'd keep to myself and just do what I need to defend myself).. Three, though really an extension of two, that I could have a large enough "personal space" to not accidentally run into other people if I happen to be out (owning a house on a large plot of land, for example).

Given that, I think, it could be interesting to try being such a creature.. though having a way to go back to normal if it ended up being too much to handle or not quite what I expected could also be a possible condition. If it was an "all or nothing, no take backs" deal I'd really need to take time to think it over and explore the options I did have.
Avareis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Storyteller and Artist
Mood: Angry

Post by Avareis »

Yeah..I was the one that said that they're cool, I guess. I guess it's an on and off thing. I've written stories, drawn and googled images of them every once and a while. I dream once or twice a year about them, but then I don't really get any sleep in the first place. I'm always up at night and that's why. I rarely get sleep. I don't breath werewolves, but I do eat like them...I'm territorial around my food and sometimes when I'm hungry I'm a messy eater. I have episodes of emotions, but I'm a guy so it's not PMS! I do live a double life, one of friends and family and the other of my means of living, defining my true self. I miss the outdoors a lot and think about what it is like to just leaving everything to be there, where it's peaceful. There are different mes, as I am differently in how I think when people are around and when I am alone. I guess my attraction to werewolves is not of any type of envy, but a relation in how one lives his life.
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh

Post by RedEye »

Celestialwolf wrote:
RedEye wrote:Simple, really: While I'd jump at becoming one of MY werewolves in a split second, I'd have to think about some of the other versions out there.
Well, yeah, me too. I guess I should have been more specific on which version, but I'm definitely talking about your own specific style and flavor of werewolf! (Here's mine, by the way: [link])
RedEye wrote:And... I really don't think about werewolves all the time. I have a life, even if I am 61.
You're 61. What?!? I had no idea! Your personality on the boards would suggest someone in... oh, I don't know--their late twenties? Wow.
That just proves the value of the Internet. Here in Cyberspace, we're not judged by our appearances; we're judged by our minds, and what's in them.
Or not, in some cases.
:lol:
And I highly recommend your website. It has some of the best Werewolf images there are; including some which are no longer available anywhere else.
And in Wulfen age equivalents, I'm in my early thirties. (ask Spongypants)
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
WerewolfKeeper3
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Darkness Surrounds me, Chaos commands me, and i see what others cannot

Post by WerewolfKeeper3 »

RedEye wrote: And in Wulfen age equivalents, I'm in my early thirties.
(Hmmm... and in my world... you're about fifty, even though you're several hundred-thousand years old... wisedom= long life... yeah, i'm a brownnoser... so sue me...)
No what you have are bullets in the hope that when your guns are empty I'm no longer standing. Because if I am, you'll all be before you've reloaded.
V, from V for Vendetta.

What a strange creature is man, that he cages himself so willingly?
-Athena from Appleseed (2004)
Bloodyredbaron
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Undead Mutant Dinosaur
Mood: Indifferent

Post by Bloodyredbaron »

What interests me is the psychology of the predator, and the interaction with the human element.

As someone who used to do a lot of hunting (when I say used to I mean I haven’t been on a hunt in about a year), the idea of hunting something that can hunt me back is intriguing and provocative, so the werewolf hunter holds a certain appeal to me as well (and is the reason why I've stopped hunting things like deer and rabbit and am currently looking into doing some bear hunting.)

So for me, the idea of a predatory man and a predatory animal becoming one is what draws me in.
"I hope some animal never bores a hole in my head and lays its eggs in my brain, because later you might think you're having a good idea but it's just eggs hatching."
-Jack Handey
Cyberwatt
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Packmate of Sabbatis
Mood: Happy

Post by Cyberwatt »

When I caught my first glimpse of a werewolf on television, I never expected to be drawn to it like a moth to a porch light. To be frank, it scared the willies out of me. Quite effectively too, I might add. What it was exactly that frightened me about this creature I never was quite sure until later, but its image haunted me, clinging to my soul like lichen on a tree.

Yet the raw power, menace and unbridled fury embodied in those earlier visual metaphors failed to trouble my sleep (other more unmentionable horrors have that honor). I’ve heard that some people are drawn to what frightens them, and I suppose this is true in my case. At least I can find no other plausible rationale.

But perhaps clarification is needed. Apologies to any folklore or shifter purists who may read this, but this fascination for me does not extend to the classical “man to wolf” lycanthrope, but to the upright wolf-man “hybrid:” not the Waggnerian, befanged, hypertrichosis victim of Lon Chaney fame; but the sleek, dangerous, more-than-human predator as depicted in such movies as The Howling, Dog Soldiers, and Bad Moon. To me these represent the embodiment of an idea: the concept of being more than what you currently are. Perhaps the complete loss of the human stance presented a psychological barrier to me, a metaphor of the loss of basic humanity; while the hybrid biped meant a gain of physical prowess to match mankind’s penultimate intellectual superiority over other earthly life forms.

Whatever the real reason behind it all, the werewolf in the sense I describe it remains a perennial attraction, not so much for the perpetual bloodthirst that seems to plague lycanthropes in so many stories, but the freedom that is granted by the sheer strength and survivability of an “enhanced” existence.

Sorry if this writing seems overly-scholarly (I’ve gotten reamed over my diatribes before). But you did ask. :wink: Kudos for allowing us to discuss this, our mutual passion, with some degree of candor.

May the pack be swift,
CW
:howl:  :oo
http://thevindicad.blogspot.com/ - The new apocalyptic serial novel. With werewolves!
Grey
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Happy

Post by Grey »

We are Hunters.
We are Travalers.
We are Strong.
We are Brave.
We are Wise.
We are Family.

We are Wolves. :D :lol: hwlwnk
Life's too short to be sad. So go roll around in the grass.
Silveera-Ice
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Silveera-Ice »

I voted number 4. I dont really know where the interest started, but its in conflict with my dragon obsession too.. but anywya. What you said at the start : the desire to just get away from society and survive off the land independent of anyone else when I want or need to thats mainly why I am interested in werewolves. This is similar to my previous topic "origins of your werewolf interest", most people said something along the lines of wanting to be different, to be free, for there to be something more in your life, mainly it is the freedom thing, seriously, who doesnt dream of some kind of freedom fantasy? The world seems very boring if you look at it in a complete mundane way...
Avatar used is a work from Khaos dog. http://khaosdog.deviantart.com/
Fallenwolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Werewolf Of the Blood Moon
Mood: Ruthless

Post by Fallenwolf »

after reading everyones posts and thinking about it I have to say 5 i think its because I love the night, the dark, and the rain. its just were i come from we had a few years with no power we lived off the land. My father was a hunter and i loved going outside for food my granfather constructed the house and my mother made clothing the only rule was survival. after i left home the world seemed to get well bigger so i like the wild natuer.im also one of a few less learned because i went to a small school of about 30 kids 10 of those were my age so i have freinds and i was quite populer now i have even more so its not that i dont want to be with people. I started with werewolfs from my grandfather and his books on them. so i heard his tales atleast 100 times and i loved it every time. so thats why im a 5. :howl:  :oo
mess with the best die like the rest
Pet's name: Sèitheach
Adopt your own!
http://s4.bite-fight.us/c.php?uid=152051 werewolf game come i got a clan to!
Irish Wolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Sneezy
Location: If I told you...well let's just say it wouldn't be good

Post by Irish Wolf »

I chose 5 because i think about werewolves a lot and because i do wish i was one. Really the only things that I would care about is what they looked like and their control. I don't think i could ever be the kind of werewolf that is shown in the prisoner of Azkaban movie or the old Hollywood wolf man, and although i prefer the werewolves that can control themselves i actually really like the other werewolves that can't fully control themselves. I like the whole fighting against the inner beast thing, that's part of the reason that i love Van Helsing so much(which happens to come on at nine where i live :grinwiggle: )

Any way, I love the idea of having the power of a werewolf, not to use against people, but their speed and what not. I also love the freedom that they can have, along with the other darker side of werewolves, the side that can become a murderous, bloodthirsty beast.

My favorite part of the Twilight movie are the Carlisle flashbacks where he bites Ed and Esme. Where he struggles not to suck 'em dry. Although Ed does the same thing with Bella later i don't like it as much, but right before that when Alice smells Bella's blood on her hand and tries not to attack her is cool too. Similar to Van Helsing when he fights against the curse. :D

(edit(I changed something like five minutes after i posted it 'cause it sounded weird))
wolfward
Legendary
Legendary
Additional Details: Therian and you'll never stop me.
Mood: Angry

Post by wolfward »

:howl:  :oo Now I have to agree with everything that's been said already, I never realized that there were others who actually loved werewolves as much as I did. My story is that I've been playing text RPGs my whole life with my best friend. He isn't into werewolves a much as me... :cry: but I've always played the same werewolf Character, Wolfward. He is a Lycan who becomes the lord of his Lycan village at human age 12 and meets his half brother (who is played by my friend). His brother has the power of shapeshifting, and the elements. He keeps peace, as he is called a peace lord. They work together to keep the planet safe and eventually Wolfward decides to spread Lycanthropey across the galaxy...by first invading earth. Wolfward is my life,my idol,my ideal,my example and without him my life would be nothing. I know he's a fictional character, but hey! If you believe in something strongly enough...you know the rest. Anyway I loved Wolfward so much and have known him for so long that a bit of his Lycanthropey has rubbed off on me. Mentally...I am a Lycan. Spiritually as well I guess...it's just the physical Werewolf....the one I most likely will never experience. I will yearn after Lycanthropey and whole life long and find a way some to day to fofil the dream of a werewolf lover. The werewolf is a symbol of freedom and power and longer life. Without the werewolf where would we all be right now? I would died...ages ago. I don't know about you, but the werewolf is my life and purpose. We should all thank the werewolf for what it has given us.... I haven't actually worked out how yet, but one day....there will be change in this world. :shift:
Therian(The Animal Inside)
Why do people say they care?
And never ask of your despair?
Why do people say they know?
Then off the cliff and down they go.
Why do people think they're glad?
When deep down inside they're truely sad?
Why am I the only one who sees?
I guess that no one else believes. :(

by Me
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

I'm a 5. Kinda. I don't think about them all the time (just a good deal of the time), and would become one - on the condition that they weren't the type to lose their minds and kill folks or such. I happen to like my highly evolved mind and it's very fun and useful functions.

I don't really know where it started. I guess it grew out of me liking wolves (I don't really even know how that happened myself. I loved tigers when I was really young and there's a memory gap and then I'm liking wolves. Funky.) and liking shapeshifters of all sorts. Transformations are really cool, and transforming into a wolf is thus cool squared.

Despite my preference for werewolves who are capable of retaining rational thought, I do rather enjoy the ones who can't - or can't always - do that in fiction. They're metaphorical of rage and violence and the beast inside - that anyone, no matter who they are, can be a monster. It's a fun thing to read/watch, though nothing I'd want to be. I can rage fine enough without some supernatural aid, haha.

It's never really been a freedom thing for me though. I don't think I'd change my habits much as a werewolf. Though I have little love for the city most of the time, I do love technology to death. If I ever had a pad out in the wild, I'd end up finding a way to get modern conveniences wired out there, haha.
IndianaJones
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Anime/Furry/Disney Fanatic
Additional Details: I like transformations and humans being turned into animals, furries, and monsters.

Post by IndianaJones »

Lot of reasons. I am too lazy to put it up.

I am a Werewolf Sympathizer. I help and support werewolves that sheds in good light!
Disney/Disneyland fans and theme parks!
http://micechat.com/

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ZanderFox/