Depression thread

The place for anything at all...
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Re: Depression thread

Post by outwarddoodles »

Awwh, I'm so sorry.
:(

Road kill depresses me, rather inordinantly, too. Especially deer and housecats.

(Honestly, to me, roadkill epitomizes the apathy of humans towards nature. Nature meets modern technology -- nature loses, humananity bitches about the dent in their car.)
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
WerewolfKeeper3
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Darkness Surrounds me, Chaos commands me, and i see what others cannot
Mood: Relief

Post by WerewolfKeeper3 »

Yeah... i'm sorry too...

Okay, this will seem relivant in a second:

In a book i read, a man created a spell that prevented deer from being hunted in a forest, by repelling the bullet. Sometimes... i wish that were the case in real life, especially now. There's now a huge dent in the care, and said animal just walks away leisurely.

Shame that's not the case, huh? ANd no, the humans are not hurt... just pissed...
No what you have are bullets in the hope that when your guns are empty I'm no longer standing. Because if I am, you'll all be before you've reloaded.
V, from V for Vendetta.

What a strange creature is man, that he cages himself so willingly?
-Athena from Appleseed (2004)
White_Wolf
Pack Member
Pack Member
Custom Title: White Wolf
Mood: Ruthless

Post by White_Wolf »

*sigh* Full moon is gone along with my vitality and energy. Now I find myself moping around in my jammies. I also have the muchies in a weird grubb-like-crazy way.
If you're gonna fart on me, the least you could do is stand downwind.
Help my babies hatch, please!
outwarddoodles

Post by outwarddoodles »

MY SINUSES ARE BOTHERING ME SOOO MUCH.
:x

And then I feel sick, and then I get a headache, and then I feel depressed, and then I feel like I'm pulling down my friends with my moodiness, and then....and then....

BLEH!
WerewolfKeeper3
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Darkness Surrounds me, Chaos commands me, and i see what others cannot

outwarddoodles wrote:MY SINUSES ARE BOTHERING ME SOOO MUCH.
:x

And then I feel sick, and then I get a headache, and then I feel depressed, and then I feel like I'm pulling down my friends with my moodiness, and then....and then....

BLEH!
mmm... hope you feel better...
(Yeah... we both do...)
No what you have are bullets in the hope that when your guns are empty I'm no longer standing. Because if I am, you'll all be before you've reloaded.
V, from V for Vendetta.

W'rkncacnter
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Hard to Pronounce

Post by W'rkncacnter »

I feel....mildly depressed right now. I'm sure most of the people here can top this, but I also feel it needs to be vented somewhere.

I started up a thread on the General tab about the election and less than 12 hours later it got locked. Serves me right for talking about politics...I've done this before on other forums and it always ends the same way. People feel...strongly about this stuff. Tempers flare, and in the end someone gets hurt.

And it feels like it's my fault.

Heh...look at me, whining about how I did something stupid. Well, live and learn...at least I got it off my chest.
What can create a new system, or destroy an old one? What can change the lives of everyone who touches it? What can strengthen the whole world, or shake it to its very roots? What can create whole nations, and change the course of history?

An idea.

-Unknown
Baphnedia

Post by Baphnedia »

It's easy for me to say to 'not worry too much about it', but when you discuss anything that people feel strongly about, someone will get tweaked somewhere. Simply being the author of a thread somewhere does not implicate you. There have been some political and religious threads on these boards that did not get locked, and some that have.
Everyday should be Towel Day.
Sekrit Identity: What?
Paradice Games: .com, Forums & Facebook
W'rkncacnter
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Hard to Pronounce

Post by W'rkncacnter »

I know that's true. I just get empathetic when people's feelings get hurt around me, no matter who they are. Don't ask me why, it's just a trait I have.

I really only said what I said to get it off my chest....I know you're right, but I had to say my thoughts to someone.
What can create a new system, or destroy an old one? What can change the lives of everyone who touches it? What can strengthen the whole world, or shake it to its very roots? What can create whole nations, and change the course of history?

An idea.

-Unknown
WerewolfKeeper3
Legendary
Legendary

And that's why i made this thread...
It wasn't your fault, so don't worry about it...
V, from V for Vendetta.

WerewolfKeeper3
Legendary
Legendary

Deleted...

Someone has just told me, this might not be true after all...
Last edited by WerewolfKeeper3 on Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
V, from V for Vendetta.

Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise
Mood: RAR!

Post by Kaebora »

I had a nervous breakdown last Wednesday. That hasn't happened to me in close to eight years. I have a mild manic depression that surfaces when I'm under stress, so it got pritty bad this week. I'm just taking steps to releive stress and keep my cool. I'm still on a hair trigger until my stress is reduced, or I get my hands on some anti-depressant medication.
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

This is going to sound silly, but try a product called "Calms". It's with the nerve/sleep/homeopathig meds.
For me, it works. The stronger version is "Calms Forte" and is a great sleeper.
You get very drowsy for fifteen minutes, and then it's gone; so you don't have to worry about overlap.
Best wishes, and feel better soonest.
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise
Mood: RAR!

Post by Kaebora »

I'm on top of the world again. 8) :lol: I have to try and enjoy life the way young people do while I'm still young enough to do it.

This week I made new friends, I go out more, I work on art projects, I reassembled/upgraded my computer, and even did some enjoyable unmentionable things.
:wink:

Stress releif for the win. Playing airsoft sports also helps to let out some steam.
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora
Spongy
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Indifferent

Post by Spongy »

My life is going to hell and I don't know if I have the will to turn it around.
*shrug*
Kami
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
Custom Title: Kamikaze
Mood: Depressed

Post by Kami »

I haven't been on the Pack forums in a while. I've sunken into a deep depression. I'm not sure if any of you remember or might have read the post about almost all of my friends ignoring me on the "Venting" topic.

Well, I took Vagrant's advice and left them a note, asking why they were ignoring me. After all, I had known them for several years, and something like this was completely out of the ordinary. One friend replied something along the lines of:

"Amani is tired of you being mean to her and Austin. She doesn't want to be your friend anymore, and neither do I. You didn't even try to figure out what was wrong, and just acted as though we didn't exist when we did ignore you. Austin and Donovan are also tired of you, and they're going along with us. -Wyakin"

Amani. That traitor. She and I had been "friends" for several years, though we argued fairly often. She was part of the "wolf" pack I led, along with Wyakin, Austin, and Donovan, as well as Matsi, another friend too loyal to be dragged into this. I knew she didn't like me, but this was extreme. Sure, we argued, but I was never more mean to her than she was to me, and for her to lie to the others just to get revenge was uncalled for. She was dating Austin at the time, and Wyakin was and still is dating Donovan. After this bit of frustrating drama, Austin and Donovan continued to be friends with me, and Amani broke up with Austin soon after. However, because of Wyakin and Amani suddenly deciding to be traitors to the Rinji Alpha, I was forced to run them from the pack, and our numbers shrank again.

Austin, Donovan, and I all despise Amani now, and Matsi is torn between me and Amani. However, I can tell she's also leaning towards my side, especially considering the fact that I was at the hospital when Matsi was born, and I was the first person her age outside her family that she knew. She was my first friend, and I hers, and if she leaves me.. I don't know what I'll do.

I don't know what to do..

I don't..
WerewolfKeeper3
Legendary
Legendary

Kami wrote:I haven't been on the Pack forums in a while. I've sunken into a deep depression. I'm not sure if any of you remember or might have read the post about almost all of my friends ignoring me on the "Venting" topic.

Well, I took Vagrant's advice and left them a note, asking why they were ignoring me. After all, I had known them for several years, and something like this was completely out of the ordinary. One friend replied something along the lines of:

"Amani is tired of you being mean to her and Austin. She doesn't want to be your friend anymore, and neither do I. You didn't even try to figure out what was wrong, and just acted as though we didn't exist when we did ignore you. Austin and Donovan are also tired of you, and they're going along with us. -Wyakin"

Amani. That traitor. She and I had been "friends" for several years, though we argued fairly often. She was part of the "wolf" pack I led, along with Wyakin, Austin, and Donovan, as well as Matsi, another friend too loyal to be dragged into this. I knew she didn't like me, but this was extreme. Sure, we argued, but I was never more mean to her than she was to me, and for her to lie to the others just to get revenge was uncalled for. She was dating Austin at the time, and Wyakin was and still is dating Donovan. After this bit of frustrating drama, Austin and Donovan continued to be friends with me, and Amani broke up with Austin soon after. However, because of Wyakin and Amani suddenly deciding to be traitors to the Rinji Alpha, I was forced to run them from the pack, and our numbers shrank again.

Austin, Donovan, and I all despise Amani now, and Matsi is torn between me and Amani. However, I can tell she's also leaning towards my side, especially considering the fact that I was at the hospital when Matsi was born, and I was the first person her age outside her family that she knew. She was my first friend, and I hers, and if she leaves me.. I don't know what I'll do.

I don't know what to do..

I don't..

(First of all: Don't hurt yourself... honestly it's not worth it because of this. Nothing is ever bad enough to warrant it.
From the sounds of it, Amani is back-stabbing witch, which pretty much means anyone who's on her side is going to be in for a rude awakening. I don't doubt for a second she'll do to them what she's done to you, and it will serve them right for taking her side in the first place.
second: You still have people beside you... don't ever forget that. There are people who stuck by you, probably because they know you won't betray them.
As for Matsi... well... sounds like she will stay your friend. But I'll say it again... don't hurt yourself if she doesn't. I can't lie and say there isn't that slim possibility... but i can say that, it sounds very much like she will stay your friend.

As for the depression... get treatment... talk to someone other than us who can help you more than we can... don't ever hesitate to talk to someone. It very well could mean the difference between life and death...

Hopefully things will work out... besides... Amani did this to herself, and from the sounds of it, she tried to drag others down with her... Her kind succeed yes... but usually she has more enemies, and very few friends...

Good Luck Kami...
-Lewis
PS Get treatment for the depression... it may or may not be normal. and even if it is... it can still cause you to think of things you normally wouldn't. As RedEye said when the human first started this thread, there are no Dr. Phils here... if you think it's bad, get help.)
V, from V for Vendetta.

Dreamer
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Dreamer »

Reading the venting thread and seing so many of my brethren's sad work situation is depressing. Just goes to show that in the real world, the tormentors, burecrats, idiots and monsters always win.
XIV
outwarddoodles

Post by outwarddoodles »

I'm so sorry, Kami and Spongy. *hugs*

Sponge: Find the will, determination, and inspiration. Stick your chin up and hope for a brighter future -- it'll continue getting worse if you let it.

Kami: I'm no expert here, I know I know. And I'm definitely no expert at this sort of drama....but I'd recommend trying to stitch your friendships back together rather than allowing it to continue tearing apart. IMHO, you should apologize, even if you don't want to. Amani may be a back stabbing witch, but neither of you should let your arguments tear apart all your other friends.
Silverclaw

Post by Silverclaw »

Well, our cat, Cody, died a couple days ago... :(
We got him from the pound about 15 years ago. He was just a kitten then. Cody was a gray tabby with green eyes.
He was fine a few months ago, but then he started to rapidly loose weight. Cody used to be really fat too.(Morbidly-oBeast, lol) The vet said that his liver was failing. A few weeks later, he was a walking skeleton. He stoped eating a couple days before he died and we would have to force him to drink some water(with a turkey baster :P ). On the day before he died, he just layed on our laps and would not move anymore. Occasionaly he would lift a paw towards us, but thats all he could do really. We put Cody on my brothers bed for the night. In the morning, when I went to check him, he was not breathing anymore and was stiff and cool...
I'll miss that cat. Had him for 15 years. It will be weird not having him around anymore. :cry: :cry:
RIP Cody...
WerewolfKeeper3
Legendary
Legendary

Silverclaw wrote:Well, our cat, Cody, died a couple days ago... :(
We got him from the pound about 15 years ago. He was just a kitten then. Cody was a gray tabby with green eyes.
He was fine a few months ago, but then he started to rapidly loose weight. Cody used to be really fat too.(Morbidly-oBeast, lol) The vet said that his liver was failing. A few weeks later, he was a walking skeleton. He stoped eating a couple days before he died and we would have to force him to drink some water(with a turkey baster :P ). On the day before he died, he just layed on our laps and would not move anymore. Occasionaly he would lift a paw towards us, but thats all he could do really. We put Cody on my brothers bed for the night. In the morning, when I went to check him, he was not breathing anymore and was stiff and cool...
I'll miss that cat. Had him for 15 years. It will be weird not having him around anymore. :cry: :cry:
RIP Cody...
(We're sorry to hear that. Anything wierd happen lately? Like, something Cody would do?)
Yeah... it's terrible when a pet dies... hope you feel better...
V, from V for Vendetta.

RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh

Post by RedEye »

Warning!!!

Check your cleaners, especially what you use on your floors! Swiffer Wet-Jet has a Glycol compound that has been implicated in several pet deaths...from Liver failure.

Check the ingredients label for things like Propylene Glycol, or warnings of possible toxic reactions to pets and small children.

Email me at Kyllein@AOL.com and I'll forward the warning I got from a friend.
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
Midnight
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Midnight »

Last edited by Midnight on Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Silverclaw

Post by Silverclaw »

WerewolfKeeper3 wrote:
Silverclaw wrote:Well, our cat, Cody, died a couple days ago... :(
RIP Cody...
(We're sorry to hear that. Anything wierd happen lately? Like, something Cody would do?)
Yeah... it's terrible when a pet dies... hope you feel better...
Thanks
Actually, within a half hour, the timer on the stove started to go off. And we never use that thing. We could not get that thing to shut off until my sister pushed it in really hard. Cody used to jump on the stove/counter to steal food a lot...That was pretty strange.
WerewolfKeeper3
Legendary
Legendary

(I ask... because something tells me he's going to stick around a while.)
Interesting... how'd you know?
(What? That something odd happened? Why not? Animals can let the living know they're there just as much as human spirits can...)
V, from V for Vendetta.

WereWolfBoy
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Making the humans pay the wrong they have caused the pack
Additional Details: Damn the night
paws covered in blood, running
Running through the forest
Naked ,free of clothing howling
Animal instinct calls from
within.

Post by WereWolfBoy »

well in my school im starting to fail Algebra I because im horrible at math and i don't have a bf or gf so i think that i going to use this thread as well hope y'all don't mind :(
The world lives in silence as we howl our hearts aloud