Apocalyptic earth: gaming thread

Here you can role-play as your favorite character in a structured and planned environment that requires commitment from players and storytellers alike.

Moderators: Silvermoon, Silver Predator Wolf, Wingman, Thunderclaw, Grayheart

Thunderclaw
Game Master
Game Master
Custom Title: Lycan Lord of Thunder
Mood: RAR!

Apocalyptic earth: gaming thread

Post by Thunderclaw »

We've managed to accumulate enough players to start, so this is where the story begins.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The year is 2377 A.D, and the world is in chaos. Four main factions, humans, demons, werewolves and vampires, are in a world-scale conflict for supremacy. Many factions have split up in the torn world, and everyone is fighting for different reasons. In the time of destruction and death, the guardian of peace, Surge Aquos, enters the fray unnoticed.

Surge got out from his personal spacecraft, the photon boom, and looked around at the destroyed buildings, the dead bodies, and the abandoned vehicles.
"to think I have only been gone for two years.." he muttered. Surge heard a crack from behind him, so he quickly swivelled and drew a rapier. "Who's there?!" he snarled. "Show yourself!"

http://www.youtube.com/user/SurgeAquos

Thunderclaw:
One wolf, One purpose, One life

Surge Aquos:
True power, no emotion

Dusten Aquos:
Impatient, unlucky, or is he?
blackwolfhell
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Black Wolf Hell

Re: Apocalyptic earth: gaming thread

Post by blackwolfhell »

samuel emerges holding a longsword. In werewolf form

"Who are you?" Sam asks, gripping his sword even harder. He sidesteps around surge.
Release all that you hold dear, and become the night.
Werewolves don't get high on drugs, they run

Pet's name: Heyoka
Adopt your own!
Cyberwatt
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Packmate of Sabbatis
Mood: Happy

Post by Cyberwatt »

http://thevindicad.blogspot.com/ - The new apocalyptic serial novel. With werewolves!
Thunderclaw
Game Master
Game Master

Post by Thunderclaw »

Surge closed his eyes for a couple of seconds, then opened them.
"I am Surge Aquos. Guardian of peace, emissary of Mysttra, brother of Wolfward the white. I am sure you would have heard of him, Blade Samuel Tykona." He looked at the area where Hal was. "You can come out too. I know you are there. My sence of perception can detect much of what is around me, even if I was blindfolded."

Thunderclaw:

Surge Aquos:
True power, no emotion

Dusten Aquos:
blackwolfhell
Legendary
Legendary

Post by blackwolfhell »

"Who?" Blade asked. He turned toward a sewer cover where surge was staring. He lowered his sword.
"Wait, Wolfard? Yes, I know him." Blade slipped his sword back in its sheath.

Adopt your own!
Thunderclaw
Game Master
Game Master

Post by Thunderclaw »

"Then let us be friends, rather than enemies." He holds out his hand.

Thunderclaw:

Surge Aquos:
True power, no emotion

Dusten Aquos:
Cyberwatt
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Cyberwatt »

How? How had he been seen?

Runrun. No food here, only death. Only hate. Runrun!

The shape in the sewer muck scrambled away, paws splashing in the poison, claws gouging the tunnel concrete.

Deep in the mind of the beast was a small voice: no, think! Not an animal. Man. Man. Man! So lonely. So afraid.

Afraid.

RunrunI'mafraidrunrun.

The troop of echoes reverberated from beneath the manhole cover, growing fainter as their wretched maker scuttled and loped through the subterranean reek.
http://thevindicad.blogspot.com/ - The new apocalyptic serial novel. With werewolves!
Thunderclaw
Game Master
Game Master

Post by Thunderclaw »

Surge continued talking in the direction of Hal. "You have nothing to fear from us. I can see what you're going through, and we may be able to help."

Thunderclaw:

Surge Aquos:
True power, no emotion

Dusten Aquos:
wolfward
Legendary
Legendary
Additional Details: Therian and you'll never stop me.
Mood: Angry

Post by wolfward »

While Hal is scrambeling through the sewers, he bumbs into someone: Wolfward. "Is this what my werewolf brethern have been reduced to, running around in the sewers like rats?"
Therian(The Animal Inside)
Why do people say they care?
And never ask of your despair?
Why do people say they know?
Then off the cliff and down they go.
Why do people think they're glad?
When deep down inside they're truely sad?
Why am I the only one who sees?
I guess that no one else believes. :(

by Me
blackwolfhell
Legendary
Legendary

Post by blackwolfhell »

Blade runs after surge to find Wolfard.
"Wolfard?" Blade is surprised. (Quick note: I'll use Blade from now on.) "What are you doing here?"
Surge glances at the shivering mass near where wolfard stood.

Adopt your own!
Cyberwatt
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Cyberwatt »

blackwolfhell
Legendary
Legendary

Post by blackwolfhell »

"Is that a...werewolf as well?" Blade asked.

Adopt your own!
Thunderclaw
Game Master
Game Master

Post by Thunderclaw »

Surge looked down at the heap empathetically." I'm afraid so, but he is not as fortunate as you. He seems to have a rare kind of disease. A disease that will slowly devour him if he was in human form, and he doesn't want to be part of the war you seem to have got yourself into either. Which reminds me..." Surge turns to face Wolfward. " Two years! A measly two years! I trusted you when you said you would not only keep the peace between humans and werewolves, but that the world would be better! I come back, and there is a four-way war, between three magical races, and the most technological and adaptable lower-level species! Not only that, but Thunderclaw is still rampant with his rogue Wolflords and the rest of his group! How do you explain this?"

Thunderclaw:

Surge Aquos:
True power, no emotion

Dusten Aquos:
wolfward
Legendary
Legendary
Additional Details: Therian and you'll never stop me.
Mood: Angry

Post by wolfward »

"Well.....I heard you were coming and decided to meet you....alone. But seeing as that plan failed I see I have to bring this one into the open. Thunderclaw overthrew what defenses I had set up against him. Plus the uprising of the humans and the vamps at the same time...things have been hard. Not just for me, for the whole Lycan race that survived the first waves. The humans declared war on us, the second they heard we were being attacked...it's been complete mess...."
Therian(The Animal Inside)
Why do people say they care?
And never ask of your despair?
Why do people say they know?
Then off the cliff and down they go.
Why do people think they're glad?
When deep down inside they're truely sad?
Why am I the only one who sees?
I guess that no one else believes. :(

by Me
Thunderclaw
Game Master
Game Master

Post by Thunderclaw »

Surge smiled. "Just a typical day, then? I hear Rajed's lot tried to keep the alliance working, but were overpowered by the number of humans wanting war."

Thunderclaw:

Surge Aquos:
True power, no emotion

Dusten Aquos:
Miguel
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Keep it Copacetic!

Post by Miguel »

Zan Carson made his way through the streets of Bloodoak Lake, focusing his sight on the blood-red sky of the horizon. Even after he fled from his homeland, it was clear, nothing changed. Still, seven years after the death of his wife, war raged night after night, leaving nothing but bloodshed and death.

Bloodoak Lake had long ago lost what its name stood for, the lake, and what replaced it was a nine mile field of cracked, water deprived terrain scattered with bones and vehicle husks. War had ravaged the town many times before and continued to do so, each time turning the town into less and less of a community and more like a wasteland, like the world around it. Somehow, though, those that were left managed to survive off of what water remained beneath the ravaged earth, using an old water tower in the center of town as the provider. To these people, the water tower was a god, and time and time after they had to fight to defend it from constant raids of the surrounding world. As far as Zan was concerned, though, he was safe, free from the human regime's rule, and had plenty to drink. There were far worse places in the world than Bloodoak Lake, and as far as he was concerned, the town itself was a heaven compared to the rest of the world.

Slowly, he made his way down one of the nearby alleys, allowing the sounds of the battle outside the town to entertain him, constant explosions and crackles. After years of living in Bloodoak, he had grown fond of the fighting, for it provided entertainment for such a dreary place, whereas there was little more to do besides drink, sleep, and guard. Each explosion was like a firework show of its own, providing an artificial light that illuminated the entire town for a few brief moments, almost like the lighting of a thunderstorm from the world before. A large, metal staircase resided up ahead, coated in rust and blood stains. Hesitantly, he made his way up the staircase, slowly, for time after time the staircases had collapsed beneath people from years of enduring the war's pounding. He reached the top and moved along a long stretch of scaffolding, allowing himself to get a better view of the conflict in the distance.

Two people approached him, one a man, the other a woman, both dressed in military uniform.

"It's been going on for two hours now," the man spoke, lifting a canteen to his mouth, grinning.
"I know. I've been watching it," Zan responded and then leaned against the scaffolding's railing.
The man chuckled. "Poor fools are being torn apart by the HR."
"Who? Our people?"
"No. Trading caravans."
"Traders?" Zan questioned with surprise, whereas such an event was almost unknown.
"Yeah. Apparently they, the HR, doesn't want the traders to supply us."
"Well, we need to form the offensive."
"We can't," the woman interrupted and leaned against the railing, beside Zan, sighing. "Our numbers are too weak; we've been cut in half from our original force after that attack last week."
Zan slammed his hand against the railing. "If we lose those traders, we lose the entire town."
"We know," the woman responded, depressedly. "There's no other option, though. Maybe the HR will pass our town by, if we're luckly."
Zan looked towards a small bunker-like building near the former lake's edge. He nodded. "What about the sewers? Maybe we can flank them."
"It won't work," the man spoke and began pacing along the scaffolding.
"It did for a long time, back in New Richlend. We could capture their vehicles."
"This is different, though, Zan," the woman replied.
"How?"
"This is a war-torn landscape that hasn't seen green grass in years. Who knows what's living down there."
"Well, we have guns. So who cares?"
"Maybe we can nagotiate with the HR."
Zan snarled. "They don't nagotiate. They only kill people. Either way, I'm going through the sewers whether you like it or not. It's our only logical option. Meanwhile, you and the others can form the defensive along the town's borders."

Zan quickly turned away and began moving back down the staircase, listening as his two companions argued. Really, though, he had no idea what he was doing. Even if he did survive the trip through the sewers, once he arrived to his destination, he had to be quick and quiet. The HR wouldn't hesitate to kill him if they spotted him. He looked towards a couple a patrolling guards and signaled for them to follow.

"You two, we're going," he spoke.
"Where to?" one of the guards asked, running and loading his gun messily.
"The sewers."

((Sorry about the long post :) ))
Thunderclaw
Game Master
Game Master

Post by Thunderclaw »

The catch-up of events with Surge was quickly over, and then he turned back to Hal. "Your name...Hal Appleyard, do you still have enough of your human self to see logic with us, and communicate with us?" Surge looked up. There is a small group of rogues coming this way. human, from the way they are moving, they aren't on an offensive, but they don't even want the war. I need to talk with them." Before anyone could have complained, he had disappeared down the tunnel leading to the rogues. He stopped around ten metres away from them.

Thunderclaw:

Surge Aquos:
True power, no emotion

Dusten Aquos:
Cyberwatt
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Cyberwatt »

Hal. Did he know that name? Was there someone named... Hal?

The monster stared in a wild mixture of terror and hunger at his captors. One muck-encrusted claw parted from his face to reveal one baleful yellow eye that darted back and forth, searching for a way of escape. Despite his bulk, the creature seemed cowed by these beings who had cornered him.

Then one of them spoke his name. Yes... that had been... no! No, he was dead. Dead, dead, dead!

Drool rolled to the tunnel floor in sticky rivulets, carrying the scent of mangled carrion to the nostrils.

Then the one who spoke the name... he moved away. There was an opening!

With a jump like an immense frog, the thing that had been Harold "Hal" Appleyard tried to make for one of the lateral storm drains, claws scrambling for purchase against the unforgiving concrete.
blackwolfhell
Legendary
Legendary

Post by blackwolfhell »

"Wait! I know a physician that tackles these kinds of diseases. The only problem is, he's in human territory." Blade crouched down next to the creature, who backed away a bit. "If you want to get better, you'll have to trust us, okay?"

Adopt your own!
Cyberwatt
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Cyberwatt »

They were too fast. No escape. No hope. Vague shapes proffering their words to him. Meaningless: echoes in the sewer that was his mind. Too many changes: freakish transformation followed by a living rot. Loneliness: all he knew.

A rat dared to poke its snout out from an overflow vent. Swift as lightning, it was caught, squeaking out its terror to an uncaring and hungry brute.

Jaws slavered at the prospect of the meal. Two powerful hands clasped the vermin, ready to snap its spinal column with one bite of vice-like jaws.

Then he saw the disgust, the loathing on their faces. He dared to glance at the one who crouched next to him. The one they called Blade.

Who are you? an old familiar voice seemed to say. In Heaven's name, what have you become?

He let the rat go, watched as the rodent scuttled back to its noisome nest.

Monster.

He shrank, collapsed. Withered. As the newcomers watched, what was a great hulking brute of a werewolf turned into a paunchy, dowdy and quite plain-looking man, covered in muck and filth. Staring into space. Blank-eyed.

And a new smell began to assault their nostrils: Tabescus Viscusum. Flesh melter.

He had two days at most. Then he would no longer be a man, nor a werewolf. Only something fit to be incinerated lest it attract maggots.
blackwolfhell
Legendary
Legendary

Post by blackwolfhell »

"Come on, lets take him to a doctor." Blade lifted the man into his arms and started to walk north.

Adopt your own!
Thunderclaw
Game Master
Game Master

Post by Thunderclaw »

OUT OF CHARACTER
due to my character being out of the scene, I cannot do mucch until my character is back, but cyberwatt has PMed me, and he wants Hal to keep his ailment. I shall edit posts accordingly. Thanks
Thunderclaw, Game master of apocalyptic earth.

Thunderclaw:

Surge Aquos:
True power, no emotion

Dusten Aquos:
Cyberwatt
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Cyberwatt »

Thunderclaw wrote:OUT OF CHARACTER
due to my character being out of the scene, I cannot do mucch until my character is back, but cyberwatt has PMed me, and he wants Hal to keep his ailment. I shall edit posts accordingly. Thanks
Thunderclaw, Game master of apocalyptic earth.
OOC Post: Sorry guys, please don't misunderstand. For dramatic purposes, feel free to try to cure Hal; it makes for a good story. The only reason I asked for this was to provide a "human interest" angle to an otherwise action-oriented plot. The double-jeopardy that Hal faces and its resulting madness is the central idea behind the character, something I'd like to explore at length. Just so it's understood. Please don't let it affect your own characters' actions with regards to what you feel they would naturally try to do.
blackwolfhell
Legendary
Legendary

Post by blackwolfhell »

Blade was having second thoughts on going back into the colony he used to know. Blade then changed his mind. He would have trouble getting him into the colony anyway.
"You know what? Screw the humans. They betrayed me. I think we should take care of him."
Blade thought about what he said. 'Take care of him?' He was almost feeling sorry for the poor creature.

Adopt your own!
Miguel
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Keep it Copacetic!

Post by Miguel »

((Sorry 'bout that, everyone :) ))

Zan watched as another flash of light danced through the sky on the horizon and listened to the confused chatter of the guards behind him. They had no idea what he was doing, and it was better that it stayed that way. If they did somehow find out about his recon mission, they would quickly scatter. The town now sat behind them, barely visible in the night, and they were only meters away from the entrance to the sewers. Zan turned to face the guards.

"Once we get down there, we need to be on complete guard. The sewers haven't had maintenance for decades, so who knows what lives down there by now," he spoke.

Quickly, Zan turned back to face the entrance and placed his hand on the rusted doorhandle. Pulling it, he stumbled backwards, feeling as the door flung open and filled the air with horrible smells. The guards backed away a few feet, but quickly regained their defensive stances, apparently hesitant of whether or not they wanted to go into the sewers. Zan ignored them and continued forward, watching as darkness overtook him, leaving him completely blind. He inched forward and felt as he began descending; the sound of water became nearer.

Something clicked behind him, and then the air filled with light as one of the guards moved through the sewer entrance. Zan lifted his hand, signaling for the guard to stop. Something had caught his eye; something was up ahead.

"Hold it," he spoke, causing the second guard to panic.
"What is it?" the second guard spoke.
"Over there," Zan responded, signaling for the first guard to shine his flashlight towards the area ahead.
The guard lifted the flashlight, revealing the being up ahead; a werewolf.

Zan lifted his pistol from the holster on his belt and aimed it in the werewolf's direction, still holding his free hand up, telling his guards not to fire just yet.

"Can you communicate?" he spoke towards the werewolf, ready to fire his weapon.