Total votes: 33

blackwolfhell
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Black Wolf Hell
Mood: RAR!

Do you believe in werewolves?

Post by blackwolfhell »

Same as the topic. Do you belive in werewolves? Just a yes or no answer will do.
Last edited by blackwolfhell on Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Release all that you hold dear, and become the night.
Werewolves don't get high on drugs, they run

Pet's name: Heyoka
Adopt your own!
*nagowteena*
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: TV!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Do you believe in werewolves?

Post by *nagowteena* »

I really can't say whether I do or don't.
Image Image
Yeah, that hits the spot..DeviantArt ~ Youtube Avatar by Z
Berserker
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Berserker »

No.

And this is a topic that has been beaten to death in our Myths & Legends forum. :P
blackwolfhell
Legendary
Legendary

Post by blackwolfhell »

Well, I know that, but I just want a simple yes or no from people. I'm not wanting to prove it, otherwise I'd go give an explanation, but i'd like to see what others would like to see.

Adopt your own!
Leonca~
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Cat who walks by Herself
Mood: Stressed

Post by Leonca~ »

No. :lol:
Sombra avatar by Leopreston at deviantart.com
Wselfwulf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Wselfwulf »

No
Real humanity presents a mixture of all that is most sublime and beautiful with all that is vilest and most monstrous in the world - Mikhail Bakunin, God and The State

Nothing in life is certain except negative patient care outcomes and revenue enhancement - William Lutz
Werewolf Warrior
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Warrior Hero
Additional Details: Email: werewolfwarrior@ymail.com

http://myspace.com/werewolfwarrior

Main Grid Second Life Name: Alexie Borgin.
Mood: Excited

Post by Werewolf Warrior »

Werewolves are real...we just have to find the right grounds they are on.
Werewolf Nation Leader

If any of you wish to join us in Second Life please do, and if you want to you can join our site at http://www.werewolfnation.webs.com/index.htm
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MattSullivan »

I'm alarmed at how many people ( apparently as a result of this poll ) actually believe. Look, it's a nice fantasy...but we live in the real world. There are lots of unexplaind things out thee, but a man turning into a monster is just not possible. Again, it's a neat fantasy. But if yo want this place and werewolf fandom at large to remain "normal" in the eyes of the rest of the world ( and I'm sorry, I do ) then you ought to reconsider your answer.
blackwolfhell
Legendary
Legendary

Post by blackwolfhell »

It's your opinion. I have to respect that. I wonder if you'll live your life as happy?

Adopt your own!
Berserker
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Berserker »

Why wouldn't he? :?
blackwolfhell
Legendary
Legendary

Post by blackwolfhell »

It's an expression

Adopt your own!
Vagrant
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Prolific Procrastinator

Post by Vagrant »

Do I believe that werewolves do exist? I cannot say.

Do I believe, given the correct environment and circumstances, that werewolves can exist? Absolutely.

There are three things to consider: Potential, Knowledge, and Arrogance.

As par the course, behaviourally, humans select two of these and run with them.

Potential and Arrogance: Werewolves do exist, to heck with what everyone else thinks! You just haven't seen it, you're all blind to the truth!

Knowledge and Arrogance: I have a very mechanical mind, and not an ounce of romance in my soul, both my knowledge and public knowledge dictate that Scientific investigation has revealed that it would be quite impossible for a werewolf to exist, thus werewolves cannot exist, no matter what the circumstances or environment.

Potential and Knowledge: Given the correct circumstances and environment, anything can be possible, it's observed that we haven't seen werewolves yet, but that does not mean that we never will. It also doesn't exclude the possibility that werewolves can exist somewhere beyond our understanding. At the moment, it would appear that werewolves don't exist, according to observation. but they can potentially exist, so that may change at any time.

If that seems a bit blunt, it probably is, but I'm just pointing out extremes, and noting that there is another option without actually leaping on either the "I BELIEVE!" or "Science sez no!" bandwagons.

We're probably going to see a bit of each one of the three behaviour profiles mentioned above in posts to come, and we might have in posts already made. I'll leave that to the reader to decide.

Edit: It's also worth noting that whether a person is religious (or operates dedicatedly from a system of belief), atheist, or agnostic can be attributed to these three attributes as well, in much the same way. It's worth pointing out too that three elements can change in a person from topic to topic, such is the gestalt called the human mind.
Cyberwatt
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Packmate of Sabbatis
Mood: Happy

Post by Cyberwatt »

Felicitations to everyone. :D

I appreciate this conversation, truly. It's good to stretch our imagination on a regular basis, whether we feel we need it or not. If I may, I'd like to place something before you all. While I'm not sure I can add much to what has already been said, I hope you'll forgive a personal and slightly romantic diatribe...

I've existed on this shining sphere we call Earth long enough to have witnessed certain things which I shall leave unnamed. I have also had ample time to form a philosophy that many might regard as a curious hybrid. If I may paraphrase two figures from literature whom I admire a great deal: to the logician, all things must be represented exactly as they are; and it is a logical truism that those who hold a transcendant worldview have the option to believe or disbelieve in certain occurences and phenomena. Those who hold a purely materialistic viewpoint are not allowed any such option. Thus the universe has shrunk.

But no one likes to be clobbered by logic, so I shall take no such action. For now, it will suffice to ask a question: should we mortgage our sense of wonder for the sake of a comfortable science that sees a vast cosmos through the filter of finitude? Even the most eminent scientists tell us that their discoveries are subject to almost constant revision because they are based on limited observation. Given the cosmos' seemingly limitless capacity to envelop our tiny race in the very stuff of the unknown, must we not tread lightly and with caution lest we miss something wondrous in the midst of our drive to codify, classify, and stratify?

Do I believe? Maybe. Maybe not. I will wait to see what presents itself as I turn the next corner and see if this new wonder has about it the strange and curious flavor which all true things have.

Amidst black seas of infinity,
CW
http://thevindicad.blogspot.com/ - The new apocalyptic serial novel. With werewolves!
blackwolfhell
Legendary
Legendary

Post by blackwolfhell »

Well said... I appreciate that. I've been waiting too, but people get the idea that if they hope for it, it will come. Maybe it's true, maybe not, but I'm not praying for it.

Adopt your own!
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

My response was "Maybe". The reason: The more we learn, the more we realize we don't know.
And... A more precise definition of what "Werewolf" is to you would help.

As most people here know, I got bit by saying something wasn't when all the evidence supported my opinion...
But I was wrong, anyway. Evidence and everything.

So, I learned to say "Maybe" instead of "No". :)
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
JoshuaMadoc
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: HERO OF NIGHTMARES
Additional Details: I just don't care.
Mood: Indifferent

Post by JoshuaMadoc »

My eyes tell me the absolute answer.
Voted "maybe".
blackwolfhell
Legendary
Legendary

Post by blackwolfhell »

Well, if you want to know...i'm talking about the gestalt only! Maybe the wolf form, but just werewolves in general. If you believe in a specific werewolf, you can say that.

Adopt your own!
Werewolf Warrior
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Warrior Hero
Additional Details: Email: werewolfwarrior@ymail.com

http://myspace.com/werewolfwarrior

Main Grid Second Life Name: Alexie Borgin.
Mood: Excited

Post by Werewolf Warrior »

Well I believe that Werewolves exist, because there were many people that have seen them in Ohio, indiana, Illinois, winsconsin, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, North Dekota, South Dekota, and Eastern Montana.

So I believe they exist. plus they have hairs that didnt come from a bear, nor anything else so you might never know what it come from, but to me I think it comes from a Werewolf.
Werewolf Nation Leader

If any of you wish to join us in Second Life please do, and if you want to you can join our site at http://www.werewolfnation.webs.com/index.htm
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

Nope.

Maybe if I run into one, or strong evidence of one, but until then? Nah.
westywolf_09
Custom Title: in tis life u make the best hold no grudges and beware of the ever looming threat of death
Mood: Stressed

Post by westywolf_09 »

they have to have exsisted at one point. something cant just hav been seen by ppl. and its myth myth have a basis of truth
in the circle of life all you can do is live ur life to the ull and acquire enough to make this world a better place.
werewolves foreva
blackwolfhell
Legendary
Legendary

Post by blackwolfhell »

westywolf_09 wrote:they have to have exsisted at one point. something cant just hav been seen by ppl. and its myth myth have a basis of truth
what???

Adopt your own!
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv

Post by Morkulv »

I believe in werewolves, sure. Just not the Hollywood-ones.

If I had a cent for every time this topic was created over the last few years I would be rich and famous by now. :P
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
alphanubilus
Legendary
Legendary

Post by alphanubilus »

Again for the question to be correctly answered, you have to give more information as to what your interpretation of what a werewolf is. Do I believe that there are people out there who can transform themselves physically into a bonafid wolf... No...

Are there people out there who have menifested an alter ego, a completely separate, but wholely integral, personification of themselves as a wolf or (animal of choice)... yes...

Believe me, with the friends that I have, Brad Steiger, Alex Holzer, or Steven Wedel, just to name a few, you'll believe in almost anything.
Uniform Two Six
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Uniform Two Six »

Werewolf Warrior wrote:Well I believe that Werewolves exist, because there were many people that have seen them in Ohio, indiana, Illinois, winsconsin, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, North Dekota, South Dekota, and Eastern Montana.
Lots of people have seen Elvis shopping at the local supermarket... and aliens... don't forget aliens.
:vulcanwolf:
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv

Post by Morkulv »

alphanubilus wrote:Again for the question to be correctly answered, you have to give more information as to what your interpretation of what a werewolf is.
This is true.
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.