The New World--Game Thread

Here you can role-play as your favorite character in a structured and planned environment that requires commitment from players and storytellers alike.

Moderators: Silvermoon, Silver Predator Wolf, Wingman, Thunderclaw, Grayheart

Grayheart
Game Master
Game Master
Custom Title: The Striding Stranger

Re: The New World--Game Thread

Post by Grayheart »

Sasha blinked with surprise after realising that they all suddenly were in a sort of waiting room. She had been ready for a rather unfair fight and now all the tension of her nerves and muscles had no adequate device for coming out. Thus she immediately started pacing around to cool her temper - at least a bit. She cast a short look at the people in the room, then scanned her surrounding and was on the edge of trying to look behind one of the doors, when the latino guy started to speak. She stopped her pacing and looked at him.

"Hell, I have no idea what's going on," she replied, "I think we're all caught flat-footed by the latest events. Everything's just madness, if you ask me. First this madman Bishop, then vanishing Denim Guy - and then the unleashing of hell on earth completely with FBI agents and our lovely NYPD," she went on and took on her pacing again

"And last but not least this readhead telling us were new - really new? And what was this about wolves? She'd better keep her promise to answer our questions." Sasha spoke agitated, not able to stop her pacing for the moment - if she'd stopped, she would have to take something and crash it. She hated to be without control over her situation.
In wildness is the preservation of the world
So seek the wolf in thyself!

(Metallica - Of Wolf and Man)
blackwolfhell
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Black Wolf Hell
Mood: RAR!

Post by blackwolfhell »

A waiting room? Sam felt into the back of his belt. His gun was still there.
"Where are we?" Sam asked, annoyed by how this felt like somekind of movie. The others seemed as bewildered as him. He could only wonder...
Then he saw a Forbes magazine. He shrugged, sat down and opened up the magazine.
Last edited by blackwolfhell on Wed May 06, 2009 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Release all that you hold dear, and become the night.
Werewolves don't get high on drugs, they run

Pet's name: Heyoka
Adopt your own!
Grayheart
Game Master
Game Master

Post by Grayheart »

Sasha, still pacing around, wanted to give the brown haired man another, rather enraged answer - something into the direction of "How the hell should anyone of us know this - stopped dead in her track after realising that this guy had seriously sat down to read a magazine. A magazine! This totally wondrous behaviour forced her temper to cool down immediately, even resulting in a disbelieving, short snort. She turned her head to the Latino.

"Well, another good question. Since no one of us seems to have the slightest clue about what's going on in here - then maybe we should at least get to know each other, eh?" She'd surrendered in front of such strange behaviour, trying to make the best of the situation - saving at least a little bit of her mental health.

"My name's Sasha and I just wanted to bring a friend to her flight," she paused a short time, shocked that she'd totally forgotten about her friend, "But I guess, she'll be furious about me, if we ever meet again," she sighed and waited for the others to reply.

blackwolfhell
Legendary
Legendary

Post by blackwolfhell »

Sam, hearing introduictions, spoke up, "I'l Samuel Craig-Nelson, but call me Sam," and he continued reading his magazine.

Adopt your own!
Wingman
Game Master
Game Master
Custom Title: Dastardly ne'er-do-well in search of a lickspittle

Post by Wingman »

@Sasha, Rafael, Thomas, and Samuel:
Voices can be heard at the far end of the room, and then the door opens and three people enter. A Latino man in a lab coat, with shoulder-length black hair; a blond-haired woman in a crisp business suit, looking every inch the professional; and a short and disheveled man garbed in tattered and dirty clothes, his beard and long tangled hair nearly entirely obscure his face. They make an unlikely group, each seeming to have been plucked from entirely different lifestyles.

They stop talking once they enter the room, and warily study you four.

The apparently homeless man lingers in the background, beady brown eyes glaring at you. His formidable lump of a nose is like a mountain, jutting out of the mess of hair that conceals the rest of his face. The woman reveals absolutely no emotion as she dispassionately looks you over, she would make an excellent poker player.
Stepping forwards, the Latino man nods at you and smiles.

“I am Doctor Gabriel Lowell, and my two companions are Sarah Rose-Donnel and Sebastian De Delacroix the Third.” He indicates the two of them with a wave of his hand. “On behalf of Tiler Nieminen I bid you welcome to His territory of New York.” The doctor grimaces, “I have never liked that particular tradition. I am sure you all have questions, which I will do my best to answer. First of all, I have found that it is usually best to say this before the shock wears off: You’re not human. No one in this room is human, at least not according to the normal definition of the word. It is a bit much to take in—” The doctor cuts off when the misleadingly-named Sebastian sniffs and rushes over to Thomas, who is still on the floor.

“This “un is “uman. Looks sick.”

“Oh for the love of—” Doctor Gabriel suddenly stops and turns to Rafael. “Rafael, is that you?”
http://stevebot-7.deviantart.com/
Quod sumus hoc eritis

Aspirant writer-artist.
blackwolfhell
Legendary
Legendary

Post by blackwolfhell »

Sam set the magazine back onto table and listened to them talk. 'Interesting...' he thought, then took a breath through his nose, 'they don't smell dangerous,' Then he noted a man still lying on the floor.

Adopt your own!
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

Rafael had been planning on getting over his reticence and talking to the others, but it seemed like fate had other plans. He watched the three as they entered, his eyes lingering on the business woman for a moment before turning to the dwarf-like man and the long-haired Latino.

No. That's not Gabriel. It can't be....

But it was. He looked like Gabriel, he sounded like Gabriel, introduced himself as Gabriel, and he recognized Rafael.

"No, I'm Don Juan. Of course it's me!" he replied, looking equal parts surprised and frustrated. "What the hell are you doing here? What are you talking about for that matter? Who's this Tiler character I keep hearing about? First it's that Catriona girl talking about him and wolves and whatever, now it's you talking crazy..."
Grayheart
Game Master
Game Master

Post by Grayheart »

Sasha, who had needed some short moments to shrugg off her wonderment about the behavior of Samuel and her feeling of guiltyness about her friend observed the three unlike people with newly awakened curiosity. The flash of adrenaline was gone completely and now her 'research mode' took over. She listened carefully to the things that were told and was surprised to hear that the latino guy who had first spoken up knew this Doctor Lowell.

She couldn't resist a short chuckle about Rafael's reply towards the Doc - who was also surprised to see Rafael at this very time and place. The whole situation seemed to be more complicated than she even could guess. And what did the Doc mean with New York being the territory of this Tiler?
This day brought more and more questions without answering at least one, she thought, then she realised a detail of the introduction of the Doc.

"Wait - we're not human in the common definition? What the hell are you talking about?"

Silent Hunter
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: PACK IS CREDIT TO TEAM!
Mood: Ruthless

Post by Silent Hunter »

Thomas awoke with a groan. His sences returned him rapidly yet his head still ached badly. His head was spinning like a roundabout though with random images and sounds swirling through his head. This confusion that he had woken up to denied him any real sense of the situation. It was like his mind was like a puzzle game with all the peices fitted together wrong. Groaning further he got slowly, almost falling back down again several times. He felt slightly weak and was shaking a bit. "Err I better not be where I think I am". How much did I lose this time? I mean it can be replaced..". Looking around he finally stopped talking and a flicker of shock went across his face. "Where the hell am I? Who are you all and why have I been kidnapped?"
"Religion and politics
Often make some people
Lose all perspective and
Give way to ranting and raving and
Carrying on like emotional children.
They either refuse to discuss it with reason,
Or else they prefer argumentum ad hominem,
Which is a hell of a way to conduct a discussion."
Wingman
Game Master
Game Master

Post by Wingman »

“Well, to be literal as to what I’m doing here, I work here. This is my medical clinic, and occasionally a shelter for those in need. To be honest I’ve never actually explained this to anyone before, at least not to without them having points of reference. I suppose the easiest way would be for me to show you. Come, I want you to meet my family.” The doctor pauses when Sebastian glances at him, and then at Thomas, but he waves the shabbily-dressed man off. “If you all will follow me?” The emphasis on all is clearly meant for Sebastian, who had been glaring at Thomas like an angry dog.

@Thomas:
The Doctor shrugs apologetically.
“I am not entirely sure as to why you were sent here alongside the others, though I trust you are here for a reason that has yet to be made clear. If it is any consolation, we mean you no harm, and I shall arrange transportation for you momentarily.“

For the first time, his female accomplice Sarah Rose-Donnel, speaks.
“I will be back later. Bye.” Despite her appearance, she speaks with a Jamaican accent. She nods and clicks her heels, vanishing into a momentary ripple that appears in the air.

“She just had to do that, didn’t she?” Doctor Lowell sighs.

“Ja Doktor.” Sebastian hunches up and limps his way to the door, then pulls it open and gestures you all through. “Zees vay, to zie laboratory.”

“Do stop that.” Doctor Lowell pauses. “Before we go down I want to assure you all that you’re not crazy, even though you may see things to challenge the traditional definition of sanity. If any of you wish to turn back now you are free to do so, and Sebastian will arrange transportation to drop you off anywhere in the city you desire. If not, the elevator is down that hall”

If any of you, as characters, want to bail out of this crazy train, now's your chance. It doesn't mean you're out of the game, it'll just mean you're headed in a different direction, in case you didn't want to get embroiled in werewolf funny business. I feel obligated to give you this chance.
Quod sumus hoc eritis

Aspirant writer-artist.
Aki
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Aki »

"Turn back?" Rafael asked, grinning a little and looking amused at the suggestion. "Not me, I seen way too much crazy stuff to turn back now. I am assuming by 'your family' you don't literally mean our family, unless all this weird stuff ties into some familial secret I wasn't privvy too?"

He was starting to get used to the weirdness of it all now. Sarah's departure hardly had phased him aside from the sheer abruptness of it. He kept on his toes, though, he was sure that this probably constituted either the eye of the storm or the calm before it and everything was going to get a lot weirder before it got any more normal.
Grayheart
Game Master
Game Master

Post by Grayheart »

Sasha who had been watching the strange behavior of the even stranger Sebastian could only manage a short lifting of her right eyebrow when Sarah-Rose left the room in this rather unusual way. She knew she should be acting more disbelieving, but she couldn't. Maybe out of shock, maybe out of mere curiosity - but also maybe out of a faint feeling that all the things she had experienced since Bishop's appearance in her life were really, really real. And this gave her an unknown level of anticipation that made her decision a quick one.

"I have to agree with Rafael - if I got the name right? - I've seen way too much NOT to come with you now. There's something going on in the world I didn't know about - and hell, I hate when I don't know what's going on. The earlier I get answers, the better."

Wingman
Game Master
Game Master

Post by Wingman »

Quod sumus hoc eritis

Aspirant writer-artist.
blackwolfhell
Legendary
Legendary

Post by blackwolfhell »

Sam, who followed them down the elevator, was pretty surprised by what he saw. As he watched the dog turn into an elderly man, Sam was interested. very interested. This could be something that could come up back at the clinic, if he ever went back.
"What'd you inject him with?"

Adopt your own!
Wingman
Game Master
Game Master

Post by Wingman »

"A sedative. He'll be sore in the morning, but he'll be asleep until then." Karen gets a blanket and puts it over the old man. "Poor man's not quite right in the head any more, and he keeps forgetting his medication. He's not going to make it much longer on his own."
Quod sumus hoc eritis

Aspirant writer-artist.
Aki
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Aki »

"Christ. Was that like, a ...weredog?" Rafael asked after a moment, his eyes lingering briefly on the strange old man. "First magic and dudes kicking around FBI agents like bowling pins, now shapeshifters..."

"Speaking of which," he added, his eyes narrowing as he focused on Gabriel. "What happened with your face for a couple seconds there? Are you one too?"
Grayheart
Game Master
Game Master

Post by Grayheart »

Sasha was stunned by the recent events and needed some short moments to fully comprehend the situation - at least to a certain degree. She cast a look to the man that got bitten by the old man and hoped that he wasn't hurt too badly. Normally she would have asked if he is okay, but there where other things she had to sort our first.

"Well, you're certainly right with you saying that you owe us some answers - a lot of them, I guess. But first of all I want to know what you meant when you said that we aren't humans - 'cause I'm pretty damn sure that I am NOT able to do what you and the old man just did. I'm willing to believe now that there are shapeshifters in the world I didn't know about ... but the rest? Fairly doubtfull to me."

Silent Hunter
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: PACK IS CREDIT TO TEAM!
Mood: Ruthless

Post by Silent Hunter »

Thomas cried in pain as a large dog started biting into his arm. He for several moments he tried to push it off him as it chewed and clawed at him. The dog was in an awful state as if it was a stray dog that just hate scraps to tay alive. Soon after the dog was pulled off him then hurled into a nearby wall with a large thud. The women trying to restain it earlier injects before it could launch another attack on someone.

The process of it reverting into an old naked man was one Thomas did not want to see and was also a process that horrified him.

"Oh my god...is that a.." His voice trailed off. Thomas looks to the women, apprantly named Karen.

"What is all this? What is next? Witches or something.." He looked down at his wounds.

"Am I going to become a werewolf now or something?!"
"Religion and politics
Often make some people
Lose all perspective and
Give way to ranting and raving and
Carrying on like emotional children.
They either refuse to discuss it with reason,
Or else they prefer argumentum ad hominem,
Which is a hell of a way to conduct a discussion."
Wingman
Game Master
Game Master

Post by Wingman »

@Rafael:

“Yes, Glen is a weredog, a shapeshifter, and so am I.” He scratches his cheek, “Ah, yes. That happens occasionally when I am not careful. This is actually why I left home; I didn’t understand what was happening, and there was no one to explain any of this to me.”

@Sasha:
The doctor’s wife, Karen, is the one who answers.
“You may not be able to do what they can do today, or tomorrow, or possibly even ever, but it’s something you should be prepared for. Gabe may play it cool and calm now, but his life was in shambles for years. I was working in the veterinary clinic when he was brought in. Yes, a veterinary clinic, as he was a dog at the time. We almost put him down to test for rabies, but then I found out that he was drunk and had tattoos. How many drunk tattooed dogs do you see?” She held up her left arm with the thumb and index finger almost touching, and her sleeve slipped down to reveal part of a large purple scar on her arm. “He was this close to dying, and neither of us wants to see that happen to anyone else.”

@Thomas:
The hairy, little Sebastian appears from behind you and sticks his head next to yours.
“Yes! You’re going to spend the rest of your wretched life drinking out of toilet bowls and sniffing people’s crotches. Maybe you’ll even get to eat out a few dumpsters, I can show you some good ones.” The distinctive smell of spoiled meat is on his breath, and there are pieces of unidentifiable matter stuck between his teeth.

He begins protesting when Doctor Lowell drags him away, “No master! Not the cellar, I’ll be a good boy. I don’t want to put the lotion on my skin!”

The doctor pushes Sebastian away and apologizes, “Never mind his nonsense. In all likelihood you’ll be perfectly fine rather shortly, with barely a scar.”
Quod sumus hoc eritis

Aspirant writer-artist.
Grayheart
Game Master
Game Master

Post by Grayheart »

Sasha looked at Karen for some short moments and considered the given answer.

"Indeed, there aren't many drunken, tattooed dogs in the world, I guess. Well, at least in the world I knew till this very day," she almost murmered to herself then cast a look at the sleeping Glen and Doc Lowell. She turned to Karen again.

"But that doesn't explain why you all think I'm a shapeshifter, too. How can you tell, if I'm not able to shift? At least yet, if it's true what you tell me. Are you a weredog too, like your husband?"

blackwolfhell
Legendary
Legendary

Post by blackwolfhell »

"And what's this got to do with me?" Sam was worried about his friend he was to pick up.

Adopt your own!
Aki
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Aki »

"Jesus..." Rafael replied softly, after both Gabriel's and Sasha's admissions. "So what caused it?" he asked, looking more curious. "A big dog bite you or something, like in the movies? Or did it just happen?"

Something seemed to click into place the moment he uttered the last sentence. "Wait, if you say I'm not human, and you've got that, is that what I've got?"
Wingman
Game Master
Game Master

Post by Wingman »

Quod sumus hoc eritis

Aspirant writer-artist.
Aki
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Aki »

Rafael gulped nervously, glancing briefly at his hands, as if checking them for claws or spontaneous growths of hair. "So do I have to watch out for the full moon to avoid murderous rampages? Keep wary of silver or silverware?" he asked. "And uh, these crowds? They're not bad, right? I'd really rather not have that stress added on to ...whatever this causes...." he trailed off, thinking back to Glen and the brief glimpse of Gabriel's supernatural side he saw.
Grayheart
Game Master
Game Master

Post by Grayheart »

Sasha - seeing Sebastians bowing - replied the gesture though not she didn't bow fully, only using her head. Somehow she liked the shaggy looking man with the strange kind of humor and the from time to time ocurring outbursts of noble behaviour that suited his name far more better than his look.

"Your answer tells me that your are neither a shapeshifter nor a wizard of some kind like Catriona. Now I'm pretty curious what kind of shapeshifter I would happen to be," and, after a short pause, obviously listening to her growling stomach, Sasha looked up apologetically at Karen.