Report the incident to your pack’s leaders and let them decide what to do
25%

Total votes: 61

howlbigbadwolf
Legendary
Legendary

IF there was a Werewolf Video Game?

Post by howlbigbadwolf »

Over the years I been wondering "why is there not a major werewolf Video game" I mean most people know about werwolfs and what they do. I think playing a game as a werewolf would be pritty sick. The problem to me would be what would be the story line behind it. would it be a natural werewolf, experment, curse, of somthing diffrent. What do you Guys think? :splinterwolf:
I live for the Moon
If you love werewolfs and Comics http://www.alphaluna.net/index.php
http://www.peteristhewolf.com/adult/home.html
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

There have been...just no really Good ones.

I voted "Other"...if only because that is my favorite option.

I think any of those options could make an exiting videogame, exept the "comming of age" one. Trying to tell that kind of story with a videogame would not lend itself easily to good gameplay. Either the game would be bogged down by aquard story elements, or the plot just wouldn't seem to fit with the action.

...that is not to say that it would be "impossible" to make such a game good...just difficult and weird.

As far as videogames go, unless it is based upon an allready established story franchise, it is usually best to start by thinking of what kind of gameplay would be the most exiting and fun, and then invent a story in which the character has logical reason for doing so much of that activity.

On the other hand, good gameplay, but a lame plot can stop some games short of being as good as they could have been. It is a very difficult balancing act between having enough good story to make you care about the characters, while also leaving it open ended and simple enough to let the players enjoy it the way they want to, and have more exiting/fun activities and less plot-essential annoying ones. (Like long stealth arias in non-stealthy games, or tedious errant quests keeping you away from the more exiting activities.)

...unless it is just that kind of game... in which case forcing excessive action/violence in a setting where stealth would make more sense, or dissalowing diplomatic options when you really would prefer the ability to choose your side in a deep-plot confrontation would be the mistake.

*sigh*

"...It Depends..."

From a Gameplay perspective, I sort of liked the way it was done in the game "Altered Beast", where you could continue to Kick @** no matter what form you were in, but if you played well and gathered your strength, you were able to go ALL OUT and transform, and it was allways satisfying to do so, as this accomplishment allways required more than just pushing some kind of "transform" button. You had to earn it...and the reward was worth it.

On the story front...almost anything would work, so long as it was told well, and it provided an excuse to have a ton of fun with a werewolf character in the game world.
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
licantroleon
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: the pondering werewolf
Mood: RAR!

Post by licantroleon »

I voted bitten
Now playing: Okamiden
Defensorem Lupus
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Being Frank
Mood: Relief

Post by Defensorem Lupus »

This is difficult but one that is original, creative, and blow minds away! Other . . .
The wolf is neither man's competitor nor his enemy.
He is a fellow creature with whom the earth must be shared...
If the wolf is to survive, the wolf haters must be outnumbered.
They must be outshouted, out financed, and out voted.
Their narrow and biased attitude must be outweighed by an attitude based on an understanding of natural processes.
-Dr. L. David Mech
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Post by Anubis »

I think no one has really explored WW in video games. Once people find a formula that works... well.

it's gonna asplode like it did w/ zombies
THE GAME

My Armory
Black Claw
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Hidden Archer
Mood: Excited

Post by Black Claw »

There is a PC game of you being a werwolf but IDK the title of it. it looked pretty good. :howl:  :oo
I am the guardian of the light and darkness,
I am the one who whispers in the dark,
I am the eyes of your soul,
I am the shield,
I am the sword.
Berserker
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Berserker »

Black Claw wrote:There is a PC game of you being a werwolf but IDK the title of it.
This is helpful. :P
Blue-eyes in the dark
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The doomed Chocolate lover.
Mood: Happy

Post by Blue-eyes in the dark »

you mean the one that came out in 1999? :? because that never made it to the compy, it was killed for the sake of money issues, it was from the people who brought us "Vampire the Masquerade". it was based off "Werewolf Apocalypse" and it was called "Werewolf the apocalypse: The heart of Gaia"
Reading an distributing copies of "The Werewolf's Guide to Life: a Manuel for the newly bitten" Help, where it's needed.
sharkboy007

Post by sharkboy007 »

Blue-eyes in the dark wrote:you mean the one that came out in 1999? :? because that never made it to the compy, it was killed for the sake of money issues, it was from the people who brought us "Vampire the Masquerade". it was based off "Werewolf Apocalypse" and it was called "Werewolf the apocalypse: The heart of Gaia"
That actually came out? I remember seeing a trailer for it and getting excited, but then never heard anything more on it. Later on, I heard it was cancelled. In any case, White Wolf merged with CCP (sp?) last year, the latter responsible for the mmorpg Eve:Online (for those who don't know what that is, think World of Warcraft and Everquest). There was an announcement made that the two companies were creating an mmorpg based on the World of Darkness. Given sales of their WoD products, you can bet you'll have the option to create a werewolf, as Werewolf the Forsaken is one of their more popular titles.

In any case, I'd love to see a really good werewolf game, maybe like a cross between the Hitman and Grand Theft Auto series. Different missions that would allow you to choose how best to handle the situation (all out beastial fury vs. stealth), and yet, allow you to transform and rampage through the streets, if you wanted. And yes, that doesn't sound very original, but if you took the best features of both those games, you could have a really good game, I think.
Shadows of Eden - a new World of Darkness html chat room - shadowsofeden.proboards100.com / www.shadowsofeden-wod.com
Celestialwolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Werewolf at Heart
Additional Details: Used to be Lazywolf

Re: IF there was a Werewolf Video Game?

Post by Celestialwolf »

I chose Getting bitten as opposed to "the dawn of the age of werewolves" or whatever; I prefer werewolves to be a largely unknown and covert group/species/people.
Founder, Werewolves At Heart group.
--
My DeviantArt profile and Character Sheet
Vagrant
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Prolific Procrastinator

Post by Vagrant »

I chose other, there are plenty of ways in which we could approach this traditionally, and they would be grand to see in a game. I'm sure games will take this route at first, and have done so already (more on this later). But what I would find interesting is something of a Chaos Event.

In other words, it would be something that really shakes an otherwise somewhat boring World up. Everyone begins manifesting their physical selves based upon their subconscious, and goodness knows what that could lead to. The game would be set some time after this event, all hell broke loose long ago, but it's almost too long ago to remember and the dust has begun to settle, things are calming down and people (as they are now) are beginning to rebuild society. It would be similar to the, perhaps modern, World they had before but it would have to deal with all the new elements that have arisen.

Werewolves would, of course, be part of that society. The question is what their classification within this new and rather experimental society would be, what function they could serve. Where would a Werewolf slot into a World like that, where everything is perhaps a bit off-kilter, and the Werewolf is only one facet of that. This is something of a high-concept idea for me, and I would love to see it explored and fleshed out based on the outline I've given here. It may not be my ideal Werewolf game, but it would be the one I'd most want to see based on scenarios that would actually be possible to realise.

I suppose this almost drops under "coming of age", but I couldn't wrangle it in there enough, it was like trying to fit a hexagonal peg in a circular hole, so I still chose Other, because it's more than that.

(I mentioned at the start that there were Werewolf games out there. I actually found a guide on UGO that lists mosts of those, take a peek, it's quite interesting.)
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MattSullivan »

KIBBLE BONUS!

Collect all five pawprints...

PAW!!!
Enir
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Enir the Werewolf
Mood: Stressed

Post by Enir »

I myself would like to see a really good werewolf game as well. Maybe something like a cross between Gothic 3 Graphics and character upgrades with the ability to go any were in the map.(Like one of those never ending map deals.) O and also many many medium length quests. Because usually you either run out of quests and then it's game over or there is one quest that is to long and you get bored with it.
Enir Shadowfang [img]C://Documents%20and%20Settings/All%20Users/Documents/Thersha.jpg[/img] [img]C://Documents%20and%20Settings/Enir%20the%20%20Werewolf/Documents/My%20Pictures/into_werewolf_returns.gif[/img]
IndianaJones
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Anime/Furry/Disney Fanatic
Additional Details: I like transformations and humans being turned into animals, furries, and monsters.
Mood: Relief

Post by IndianaJones »

Well, White Wolf Games and a third party company wanted to make a Werewolf The Apocalypse Game that is only for the PC. Instead of being a CRPG/ RPG that is Vampire the Masquerade- Bloodlines. It will be a First Person Shooter game, which doesn't really fit for a werewolf game. The game was supposed to be released back in 1999 or 2001 (I forgot). But the game was canceled for lack of support and not enough resources.
Disney/Disneyland fans and theme parks!
http://micechat.com/

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ZanderFox/
WolfeGuardian
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Guardian
Additional Details: Guardian the moon pale wolf with golden flaming eyes never to be tamed,
Location: The Dark comforting forests that welcome my presence...

Post by WolfeGuardian »

Back then, I saw on youtube that there is but there just not so good... :( bleh although I agree with the next that there should be some new awesome game on werewolves instead of always just vampires, indeed there should be a good storyline to like perhaps the person coming to age from his father or falling victim to a were then turning into one :shift: Really wish they would make one tho...
“Doubt that the stars are fire, doubt that the sun doth move, doubt truth to be a liar, but never doubt I love.”

John Wolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Timber Wolf
Mood: Happy

Post by John Wolf »

I would say that most likely source is from some Goverment experiment or perhaps some ancient remote clan of Werewolves like in dog soldiers.

I don't think magic is valid option, since it doesn't exist in any form in this physical world.
Free Scotland/Ireland From English Tyranny 2009

Change Favours The Prepared Mind
samxrutan
Just Bitten
Just Bitten

Post by samxrutan »

The storyline could be the ancient race of werewolves were hidden for along time, and an average guy comes across one in a wood, and of course, gets bitten. Then you would play as the guy, a shooter type game, then when you play as the werewolf, a combat. You could, like, bite townsppl and create an army or something, idk :)
My attention is always divided, too many things to think about.
licantroleon
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: the pondering werewolf

Re:

Post by licantroleon »

[quote="sharkboy007"][quote="Blue-eyes in the dark"]you mean the one that came out in 1999? :? because that never made it to the compy, it was killed for the sake of money issues, it was from the people who brought us "Vampire the Masquerade". it was based off "Werewolf Apocalypse" and it was called "Werewolf the apocalypse: The heart of Gaia"[/quote]

That actually came out? I remember seeing a trailer for it and getting excited, but then never heard anything more on it. Later on, I heard it was cancelled. In any case, White Wolf merged with CCP (sp?) last year, the latter responsible for the mmorpg Eve:Online (for those who don't know what that is, think World of Warcraft and Everquest). There was an announcement made that the two companies were creating an mmorpg based on the World of Darkness. Given sales of their WoD products, you can bet you'll have the option to create a werewolf, as Werewolf the Forsaken is one of their more popular titles.

In any case, I'd love to see a really good werewolf game, maybe like a cross between the Hitman and Grand Theft Auto series. Different missions that would allow you to choose how best to handle the situation (all out beastial fury vs. stealth), and yet, allow you to transform and rampage through the streets, if you wanted. And yes, that doesn't sound very original, but if you took the best features of both those games, you could have a really good game, I think.[/quote]

YOU HAVE THE SAME EXACT IDEA AS ME!!!! lol i think this post is two years old... so someone will probably nag about it and yell at me for doing lol. but yeah ive been thinking about WHY nobody has made a very good werewolf game. and yeah I also was thinking about having a GTA style werewolf game where you could attack and kill people in the city. I know they have this in morrowind but I'm talking about modern day. so you could like drive a car or something and at night you would become a werewolf and kill people while trying to avoid the cops (or animal control?) anyhoo if someone made this they could put in some really cool ideas for this such as:having to choose a good place to transform or maybe infecting other people. IDK. some one should srsly do this though!!! :D rvt
Now playing: Okamiden
FoxKnight
Legendary
Legendary
Additional Details: Account in stasis
Mood: Indifferent

Post by FoxKnight »

Doesn't Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess classify as a werewolf game? Link does change into a wolf and back...just under different circumstances.

I just found out I had the game for Gamecube in my stack of games yesterday so now I'm determined to bet it xD