werewolf sports

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The one and only were-jaguarundi!

Post by PariahPoet »

Werewolf............sports? I'm sorry, I can't see a were-pack playing sports. I could, however imagine them playing some lighthearted games when they have nothing else to worry about. Perhaps something similar to capture the flag? A game that would require both strategy and brute force. Just a thought. 8)
Kavik
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Kavik the Wolf-Boy
Mood: Busy

Re: werewolf sports

Post by Kavik »

Terastas wrote:Hmmm... Three-formed track race? First lap in human form, second lap in gestalt form and final lap in full wolf form?
I think I like this idea best for a unique werewolf sport. A Triathlon for weres. The Lycathlon?

I could see werewolves really getting into Wrestling and Rugby too. Sports that take advantage of a werewolf's aggressions, instead of requiring they be suppressed. So yeah, I gotta agree that Golf isn't the best choice, no matter how fun it is to drive golf carts. :wink:

The Long Jump and High Jump would be interesting, especially if an adept shifter were to transform at just the right time to take advantage of a powerful quadruped body thrusting a relatively light-weight human form into the air and taking the landing as a Gestalt.

So wadda we call these events; the Alpha Games? The Were World of Sports?
Give a man a fish, feed him for a day.
Give a man a poisoned fish, feed him for life.
- Crazy Ivan (aka Kavik)
http://s3.bite-fight.us/c.php?uid=167865
http://www.geocities.com/crazy_ivan_thx11/Talbot.htm
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Kavik wrote:
I think I like this idea best for a unique werewolf sport. A Triathlon for weres. The Lycathlon?
I like the sound of that!! "The Lycathlon" :D
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

I'd suspect a werewolf could play just about any sports they want, except maybe ride a horse when in a more wolven form. Its just they could put a little twist on it, just a using shifting to do a relay race. Or posibly playing the games in a gestalt or Wolf form.

Though what would be hard, yet maybe fun for experainced werewolves, could be who could shift into a wolf the fastest.
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
Kavik
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kavik »

outwarddoodles wrote:I'd suspect a werewolf could play just about any sports they want, except maybe ride a horse when in a more wolven form.
Hopefully you aren't suggesting we ride llamas instead! :o
- Crazy Ivan (aka Kavik)
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

Lupin wrote:A Nerf football could probably stand up to a werewolf, as long as they didn't try biting it or anything.
*nods* Biting the ball would probably be a five yard penalty... Or a $15.00 fine (or however much those Nerf footballs go for).
Tovan wrote:Yeah, frisbee!!
But would they catch it with teir hands of with their mouth?
Either or. Maybe that would be a way to count bonus points in ultimate frisbee -- by using all three body parts to tip it (left hand, right hand, nose if tipping and mouth if catching).

And best of all, if you catch it with your mouth, your opponent might not want to tip it afterwards. :D
Kavik wrote:I could see werewolves really getting into Wrestling and Rugby too.
Just as long as the wrestling you're talking about is the kind you see in the Olympics instead of SpikeTV.

Also, as was stated in the thread on showing a werewolf's softer side, a werewolf could be demonstrated as being more humane by forcing his opponent into submission instead of killing him. Some wrestling experience should help him with this.
outwarddoodles

Post by outwarddoodles »

Kavik wrote:
outwarddoodles wrote:I'd suspect a werewolf could play just about any sports they want, except maybe ride a horse when in a more wolven form.
Hopefully you aren't suggesting we ride llamas instead! :o
Woah! Only smaller people can ride a llama, and I don't suspect a llama is going to let a wolf ride it!

Yet, back then they would train llamas to be rode by adults.

(Playing Polo on a llama.)
Kavik
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kavik »

Terastas wrote:Also, as was stated in the thread on showing a werewolf's softer side, a werewolf could be demonstrated as being more humane by forcing his opponent into submission instead of killing him. Some wrestling experience should help him with this.
For some reason, this reminded me of the Highland Games I occasionally attend, where sheep herding is a popular competition (you know, like on BABE). I could see some kind of a rodeo-ish sport combining sheep herding and bull riding (or even bull fighting) as an event in which bonus points are scored for not harming or making physical contact with the prey animal while in wolf or gestalt form.
- Crazy Ivan (aka Kavik)
Kavik
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kavik »

outwarddoodles wrote:Woah! Only smaller people can ride a llama, and I don't suspect a llama is going to let a wolf ride it!

Yet, back then they would train llamas to be rode by adults.

(Playing Polo on a llama.)
I can't tell you how frikkin' cool I think it is that you not only knew about that, but were able to produce photos at the drop of a hat! Kudos, oh, doodly one!
:howl:  :oo
- Crazy Ivan (aka Kavik)
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Kavik wrote: I can't tell you how frikkin' cool I think it is that you not only knew about that, but were able to produce photos at the drop of a hat! Kudos, oh, doodly one!

Ummm....I don't think she produced those photos.

Look here.

http://www.mountlehmanllamas.com/trivia53.html
outwarddoodles

Post by outwarddoodles »

Figarou wrote:
Kavik wrote: I can't tell you how frikkin' cool I think it is that you not only knew about that, but were able to produce photos at the drop of a hat! Kudos, oh, doodly one!

Ummm....I don't think she produced those photos.

Look here.

Yep, I stole those photos. That website has alot of great llama information and stuff. And for the first photo I found it by typing in 'llama riding' and doing an information search.

And what can I say? I love the llamas.
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Post by Anubis »

Figarou wrote:Well, I just thought of something.

If werewolves had thier own type of sports, what would it be?

Would it be the werewolf version of human sports?

Or something created by werewolves and only for werewolves.

:badminton: <----- he he!! I love this new emoticon I made!!! :lol:
i think that werewolves would excell in boxing, cage fighting, wreastling, and foot ball if they trim thier claws
THE GAME

My Armory
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Ninja BOFH

Post by Lupin »

outwarddoodles wrote:ImageImage
Is it just me or do those llamas not look too happy about being ridden on?

Edit: apostrophe placement
Last edited by Lupin on Wed Jul 13, 2005 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I don't suffer from lycanthropy, I enjoy every minute of it! Image
Apokryltaros
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Imperial Weirdo And Insect Expert

Post by Apokryltaros »

Lupin wrote:
Is it just me or do those llama's not look too happy about being ridden on?
Since I don't see them spitting, I'd say they're happy about being ridden, or at least they don't mind.
"I was all of history's great acting robots: Acting Unit 0.8, Thespo-mat, David Duchovny!"
-Calculon
WolvenOne
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Right-Wing WarMongering Artsy-Fartsy Woof

Post by WolvenOne »

Lupin wrote:
Is it just me or do those llamas not look too happy about being ridden on?

Edit: apostrophe placement
Mmm... maybe they just got a bad hair-cut and are sore about it.... sure looks that way to me. *pictures a llama with a fro.*
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Unsportswolflike conduct

Post by Scott Gardener »

Lycanthropic sporting events:

How about basketball? Go Beavers!

If the world knew about werewolves, I fear that lycanthropic athletes could find themselves disqualified because their lycanthropy would give them an "unfair" advantage over other athletes. On the other hand, if they weren't, they'd hose the competition, particularly in events like the marathon. Wolves can cruise around 10 km/h and can sprint up to around 50. (That's 7 mph and 35 for my fellow Americans.) A trained werewolf runner could cut in half the mile-in-four-minutes record. (Another reason why it's pointless to try to run away from a werewolf in spite of the panic reflex.) If the various sporting committees ruled that one could play, but couldn't shift while playing, then things might be a little more fair.

I can hear it now, at the Superbowl:

(Echoing...) ...Shape-shifting, rushing the Quarterback, and ripping out entrails: fifteen yard penalty, third down.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

Yeah, they would be really good with racing :) Sheep herding maybe? :D :lol:
And my favorite sport of all time: BATTLE TO THE DEATH!!! :evil: :P
(I'm tellin ya, Survivor would be a lot more interesting with that instead of voting people off. 8) Heh, and a kid Survivor show- Lord of the Flies :lol: Random.)
Kavik
Legendary
Legendary

Re: Unsportswolflike conduct

Post by Kavik »

Scott Gardener wrote:Lycanthropic sporting events:

How about basketball? Go Beavers!

If the world knew about werewolves, I fear that lycanthropic athletes could find themselves disqualified because their lycanthropy would give them an "unfair" advantage over other athletes. On the other hand, if they weren't, they'd hose the competition, particularly in events like the marathon. Wolves can cruise around 10 km/h and can sprint up to around 50. (That's 7 mph and 35 for my fellow Americans.) A trained werewolf runner could cut in half the mile-in-four-minutes record. (Another reason why it's pointless to try to run away from a werewolf in spite of the panic reflex.) If the various sporting committees ruled that one could play, but couldn't shift while playing, then things might be a little more fair.

I can hear it now, at the Superbowl:

(Echoing...) ...Shape-shifting, rushing the Quarterback, and ripping out entrails: fifteen yard penalty, third down.
I think werewolves are better suited for the were-only sporting events we were speculating on earlier. I did just rewatch Teen Wolf on Sunday (couldn't bring myself to watch Teen Wolf TOO though) and it only reinforced the notion that the unfair advantage would be a disqualifier, even if no shift was demonstrated, at least in an even t with humans.
- Crazy Ivan (aka Kavik)
Kavik
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kavik »

Figarou wrote:Ummm....I don't think she produced those photos.

Look here.

Ah, well then -- I should have guessed a page like that would exist, and that Outward would have the fast track to it.

:ducktoss3:
- Crazy Ivan (aka Kavik)
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

Not watching Teen Wolf Too is survival instinct setting in. It's the same thing that causes your hackles to raise reflexively and a sense of apprehension to well within you whenever you go near a copy of DarkWolf.

If there is a seperate NBA and WNBA, segregating basketball players by gender, then I suppose there could be a WWNBA for the guys, and a WWWNBA for the ladies. (I'm afraid of what their web site URL would be--more "W"s than the parking lot outside the Republican National Convention.)
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Kavik
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kavik »

Scott Gardener wrote:Not watching Teen Wolf Too is survival instinct setting in. It's the same thing that causes your hackles to raise reflexively and a sense of apprehension to well within you whenever you go near a copy of DarkWolf.

bad as it was, I'd rather have to watch DarkWolf again than Tomb of the Werewolf.
If there is a seperate NBA and WNBA, segregating basketball players by gender, then I suppose there could be a WWNBA for the guys, and a WWWNBA for the ladies. (I'm afraid of what their web site URL would be--more "W"s than the parking lot outside the Republican National Convention.)

Would male & female werewolves be forced to play in seperate leagues? I reckon Alphas and Betas would be in seperate divisions then, too.
- Crazy Ivan (aka Kavik)
Celestialwolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Werewolf at Heart
Additional Details: Used to be Lazywolf

Post by Celestialwolf »

Paintballing!Image I think werewolves would do that. They might have to resize the mask a bit though. I know that If I were a werewolf I wouldn't stop paintballing. :lol:
Founder, Werewolves At Heart group.
--
My DeviantArt profile and Character Sheet
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

Lazywolf wrote:Paintballing!Image I think werewolves would do that. They might have to resize the mask a bit though. I know that If I were a werewolf I wouldn't stop paintballing. :lol:
Personally I wouldn't be smiling if I got hit in the face without a mask :)
"Nam Sibyllam quidem Cumis ego ipse oculis meis vidi in ampulla pendere et cul illi pueri dicerent 'Sibylla Ti cupisne' respondebat illa 'Cupio mortere'."

-Satyricon
LupisLycaon
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change

Post by LupisLycaon »

Mountain biking would probably be very difficult while in Gestalt form so I suppose that can be ruled out as a sport.

I like the idea of werewolf football(not american football. soccer). It is a game of speed and endurance, which would suit werewolves quite well. The downside, which has already been discussed, would be that an air-filled ball would probably need replacing quite often. :roll:
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Ninja BOFH

Post by Lupin »

Not to mention accidently kicking something. (Yay claws.)
I don't suffer from lycanthropy, I enjoy every minute of it! Image