Apocalyptic earth: gaming thread

Here you can role-play as your favorite character in a structured and planned environment that requires commitment from players and storytellers alike.

Moderators: Silvermoon, Silver Predator Wolf, Wingman, Thunderclaw, Grayheart

Thunderclaw
Game Master
Game Master
Custom Title: Lycan Lord of Thunder
Mood: RAR!

Re: Apocalyptic earth: gaming thread

Post by Thunderclaw »

(Wolfward is in the same place as us. It is Surge that has moved)

http://www.youtube.com/user/SurgeAquos

Thunderclaw:
One wolf, One purpose, One life

Surge Aquos:
True power, no emotion

Dusten Aquos:
Impatient, unlucky, or is he?
blackwolfhell
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Black Wolf Hell

Post by blackwolfhell »

"Well, you think we could head over into galtracia? I want to check on someone." Blade had certain things to take care of. Things that if the others knew, could pit them against him.
Release all that you hold dear, and become the night.
Werewolves don't get high on drugs, they run

Pet's name: Heyoka
Adopt your own!
Thunderclaw
Game Master
Game Master

Post by Thunderclaw »

Surge nodded at Blade. "I think that should be fine. Wolfward shouldn't object."

Thunderclaw:

Surge Aquos:
True power, no emotion

Dusten Aquos:
Cyberwatt
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Packmate of Sabbatis
Mood: Happy

Post by Cyberwatt »

The dark laughter in Hal's head would not abate. A hideous and sardonic intrusion from the outer spaces, it gnawed at his already frayed and trembling reason.

A sudden urge came over him. He could lunge forward, snatch the sword from Surge's grasp, throw the rancorous and obscenely sentient object into the hell of a nuclear core or into one of the many vats of corrosive waste runoff that he knew so well from his months in the sewers.

He knew he would never be free until the evil thing was destroyed. He moved forward, massive claws flexing.

He was frozen. His muscles and tendons had solidified. His tongue clove to the roof of his mouth, his eyes fixed in a rigid stare.

You think to challenge me? the voice snarled. You pit your puny half-child will against mine?! Abase yourself before your master, you fawning insect!

Hal fell prostrate as if dead. His tongue lolled out sideways like that of a starved dog, his eyes rolling back into his head. A small trickle of blood came out of one nostril.

You see? You of all people should know that forces beyond your comprehension exist in this world that once was man's. I am one of those forces. I am power! Remember that, cur, for the next time you dare show impertinence toward me I will lacerate your brain into its component molecules. Now get up!

Hal got to all fours, still a crouching half-animal. He only hoped that one of his companions could put two and two together and save his soul from the abomination they handled like a toy.

For he could not tell them. His madness and the mastering thing that ruled it both forbade him to speak. The nameless sword ruled him.

And ere long, it would make him do terrible things.
Last edited by Cyberwatt on Tue May 12, 2009 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
http://thevindicad.blogspot.com/ - The new apocalyptic serial novel. With werewolves!
blackwolfhell
Legendary
Legendary

Post by blackwolfhell »

"Hal? Your bleeding!" Blade said. Hal's nose started to drip and the ground started to burn with his blood.
"What the?"

Adopt your own!
Thunderclaw
Game Master
Game Master

Post by Thunderclaw »

Dusten looked at the nosebleed. "It doesn't seem natural for this to happen on it's own."

Thunderclaw:

Surge Aquos:
True power, no emotion

Dusten Aquos:
blackwolfhell
Legendary
Legendary

Post by blackwolfhell »

"Hmm, It's making the ground fizzle. Oh yeah, thats natural!" Balde said sarcastically.

Adopt your own!
silver1
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: guardian of wolves
Additional Details: When it hurts to look back,and your scared to look ahead you can look beside you and your best friend will be there.

Post by silver1 »

Fang entered the area,tired and hardly awake,leaning on the hilt of his sword for support,he deperatly needed to find a place to sleep.

He found a house that looked like hell,but it would have to do. He pulled the door open,and it fell off of the hinges,he crawled in and put the door back where he found it and fell quickly to sleep,still clutching his sword in his clawed hands.
If you talk to the animals,they will talk to you and you will know each other.If you do not talk to them,you will not know them and what you do not know you fear,and what one fears one destroys.

Greater love hath no man than to lay down his life for a friend.

You say werewolf like its a bad thing.

http://cmrpg.net/turn.php?cid=131877&serv=1
Miguel
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Keep it Copacetic!

Post by Miguel »

Zan cursed under his breath as Surge teleported away from the scene. It was a mistake to trust an elementian, and now he was dealing with the penalty of such a choice. If he made any wrong moves, it would be his end. The guards were becoming even more aggressive than before, now arming their guns. It was only a matter of time before they fired. As long as they were watching him, there was nothing he could do besides wait for his end.

Suddenly there was a loud crackle and the room lit up in gunfire. The older guard dropped to the ground and the second guard began firing in the direction behind Zan. Now was Zan's chance.

Zan dived forward and reached for the gun beside the now dead guard's body. He lifted it and fired two bullets into the still living guard's chest, killing him almost instantly. The man collapsed to the ground and dropped his gun. Within seconds, Zan was on his feet and moving through the previously guarded door. He stopped to signal for his remaining guard to follow, but it was already too late. The rebel was dead. He continued forward, watching as a scene of computers and machinery created itself before him. He moved to one of the computers.

Row after row of numbers covered the computer's screen, still building before his eyes. He pressed a few keys on the keyboard and watched as a list of commands filtered onto the screen. One stood out above the rest.

LOCATION PURGE

Zan scrolled onto the command and pressed enter, watching as the room became illuminated in dark red lighting. A robotic voice filled the air.

"Warning, location purge activated. Please evacuate the area. Minus two minutes and counting," the voice spoke. "Orbital drop imminent. Pre-assessing damage....please standby..."

Swiftly, Zan backed away from the computer and made his way towards the nearby window, watching as squads of HR infantrymen rushed past outside. Above them soared artillery shells that seemed to make white streaks across the sky.

They had no idea what was about to hit them.
silver1
Legendary
Legendary
Additional Details: When it hurts to look back,and your scared to look ahead you can look beside you and your best friend will be there.

Post by silver1 »

Fang was startled awake by the sound of artillery fire,he cracked upen the door to see HR soldiers running past,alot of them at that.

He decided that he would stay hidden until they all passed,there was no way he could fight that many at once,no matter how skilled he was. "I'm going to have to find mysself some more weapons than just my sword and pistol."
If you talk to the animals,they will talk to you and you will know each other.If you do not talk to them,you will not know them and what you do not know you fear,and what one fears one destroys.

Thunderclaw
Game Master
Game Master

Post by Thunderclaw »

Surge felt a pain in his head. The pain was like that of when an event is happening which he was a part of, but was happening somewhere else. It appeared to be Zan, and he was in trouble. Surge turned to face his son, Dusten.
"I need you to go and save Zan Carson, and get him here. If you find any werewolves there, bring them as well. We need to keep him safe and get him back to his town. You are the fastest person here, and that's why I need you to do this."
Dusten nodded, and picked uo his weapons before leaving. "Send me telepathic messages. I need to know what this guy looks like while I'm trying to find him."

Thunderclaw:

Surge Aquos:
True power, no emotion

Dusten Aquos:
wolfward
Legendary
Legendary
Additional Details: Therian and you'll never stop me.
Mood: Angry

Post by wolfward »

Wolfward in pity of Hal, shifts himself mentally to pure wolf form. On all fours he approaches Hal slowly, pining as he does so. "What is it?" Wolfward asks in animal tongue to him.

OCC: Sorry guys, I haven't been on the pc for about a week, so I'm really sorry if I've missed too much. I'll try to post more often from now on.
Therian(The Animal Inside)
Why do people say they care?
And never ask of your despair?
Why do people say they know?
Then off the cliff and down they go.
Why do people think they're glad?
When deep down inside they're truely sad?
Why am I the only one who sees?
I guess that no one else believes. :(

by Me
Cyberwatt
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Packmate of Sabbatis

Post by Cyberwatt »

Hal shook his great head, ears flat, and raised his clawed hands to clutch his skull. The pain was slowly ebbing, but the memory of it would haunt him to his grave.

Your friends are concerned for you, my pet, the sword told him. Aren't you going to say something? Yes, I think you are. Answer them, plaything!

<<Head hurts,>> he said in the true speech of the wolves. <<Fell. Hit it.>>

He wiped the blood from his snout, which curiously did not singe his fur as it did to the pavement. <<Good now. Good wolf. Good omega. Follow alpha.>>

Hal slunk to Blade's side once again, but his gaze never left the weapon.
http://thevindicad.blogspot.com/ - The new apocalyptic serial novel. With werewolves!
silver1
Legendary
Legendary

Post by silver1 »

Fang drew his sword and walked out of the door,explosions could be heard in the distance,the same direction he was heading.

He used the walls of the ruined buildings as cover as he slowly walked. Bodies,bullet casings and bloodstains littered the ground.He looked across the street at a building that did'nt look too badly damaged. "Looks like i can use that building to my advantage." he said using the rusted remains of the cars as as cover to cross the street.

He walked through the door of the building and was surprised that there was not much damage on the inside either,aside from a few bloodstains. He walked over to a set of stairs and climbed up to the next floor. "Im going to this place as a storage room for my weapons." he said walking towards the window.

Thunderclaw
Game Master
Game Master

Post by Thunderclaw »

Surge still felt a strange presence from Hal. He had understood what he had said to Wolfward, but he had a hunch that the story he was telling wasn't completely true. The fact he felt a powerful demon on it's way didn't help. One other thing he hoped for was no-one else would mistake him or Dusten for a human and attack them.

Thunderclaw:

Surge Aquos:
True power, no emotion

Dusten Aquos:
Miguel
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Miguel »

A tank shell exploded nearby, nearly blowing a hole in the wall that Zan was standing beside. He crouched down, trying to avoid any stray shell fragments, but remained so that he could still see out the window. The tank itself inched forward and stopped in front of the window, blocking Zan's view completely. Atop its turret sat an armored soldier that was holding a flamethrower-like weapon. A loud beep sounded from the computer.

"Assesment complete......Likelyhood of casualties is...very high. Warning, orbital drop imminent. Please seek shelter immediately. Chance of survival is currently...22% for any HR infantry around targeted zone. Fifteen seconds and counting until impact," the computer spoke.

Zan backed away from the window and rushed back into the room that he formerly occupied. It was his best chance of surviving. No windows. He could hear shouting through the wall and the rumbling of the still stationary tank. Suddenly the entire building went pitch black.

"W...arning, security protocol act...ivated. Power system failure. Status...zone 1....ERROR....Status....zone 2....ERROR. Shutdown in 3...2...1. Have a nice day," the computer spoke and then shut down along with the rest of the electronic equipment.

A loud rumbling began building in the air, and then the building began to shake. Zan leaned against the nearby door frame. Suddenly there was a bright white flash and a high pitched screech. The world seemed to explode with noise. For a moment there seemed to be only noise, but that moment was quickly cut short. The walls exploded around him, throwing him to the ground, nearly burying him beneath a pile of bricks. He was completely exposed to the enemy, a panicked and fleeing enemy surrounded by huge walls of flame. Infantry were burning alive, screaming, running around the field outside the building as if surrendering, and nobody appeared to be trying to help them. The tank that previously sat beside the house was now scattered among the battlefield in twelve different fire engulfed pieces. Oddly, the artillery was still firing dispite the situation, but the shells seemed to explode in mid-flight.

Zan could taste blood, but he was too scared to even plan on staying put. The house could be next in the path of destruction. He had to move. Quickly, he pulled himself from beneath the bricks, and within seconds was racing through the middle of the enemy encampment, staring at the sky. Large white streaks were raining down from the heavens, making the sky itself glow behind them. One landed only a few meters behind him, nearly obliterating the house in a few seconds beneath a red wall of flames. He returned his attention to the area ahead of him, just barely able to make out a few screaming infantrymen, all unarmed, fleeing.

A two floored building resided up ahead, apparently out of range of the falling explosives, neighbored by rusted cars and a few oil drums. The door appeared to have already been opened, but for the most part it seemed to be abandoned. Zan increased his speed, watching as yet another formation of missiles began falling from the sky. He nearly wiped out, but managed to keep on his feet and arrive at his destination.

He had reached the building.

Quickly he moved inside and closed the door behind him.
Thunderclaw
Game Master
Game Master

Post by Thunderclaw »

Dusten had seen bright flashes of light, and worried for the safety of the man he was trying to find. He had seen someone enter a nearby building, and, having a small trail being better than none, he entered the building after him.

Thunderclaw:

Surge Aquos:
True power, no emotion

Dusten Aquos:
silver1
Legendary
Legendary

Post by silver1 »

Fang heard the door he had left open close,he turned his attention from the window to the bottom of the stair case.

He drew his sword and prepared to strike,thinking it was one of the HR soldiers looking for any survivors. He crept slowly over to the stair case and raised his sword,light softly glinting off the tip.

He crouched waiting for who ever it was who had entered to climb the stairs and get close enough for him to see before he attacked.

Miguel
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Miguel »

Zan raised his gun, trying to make as little noise as possible. For all he knew, the HR had set up shop inside this house too. He wasn't willing to risk failing after he had made it this far. He could see a staircase up ahead with bloodstains around its base, appearing as though it hadn't been in use for decades. No, it had to be a trap. There could be an armed guard just waiting at the top of the stairs, ready to put three bullets between his eyes. He wasn't willing to find out.

Slowly, he made his way past the stairs, to a small table beside their base. A small radio was situated atop the table, flickering, apparently on the brink of uselessness. On the other hand, it would make for good salvage parts. Within moments, he was dismantling the radio, and stuffing the machine's interior components into his pocket. He stopped. The room was too silent. His eyes focused on the staircase, just barely able to see a shadow on its surface.

Panic overtook him, and within seconds he was aiming his gun in the direction of the shadow, ready to empty the gun's clip on the waiting person or creature. He wasn't going to allow it to kill him.

Fearfully, he spoke, "I know you're there. Don't try anything you'll regret." The door opened behind him. Darn, he was being cornered. He spun around to face the person entering the building. "Stop!"

He fired a couple of bullets towards the door, warning the entering person.
silver1
Legendary
Legendary

Post by silver1 »

Fang heard the gunfire,he lowered his sword. "Don't shoot,im coming down." he said keeping his sword out in front of him.

He walked down to the bottom of the stairs and raised his sword up to his shoulder,not willing to die without fighting if this person was an HR soldier. "Who are you?" he asked bluntly still resting his sword on his shoulder.

He walked the rest of the way down the stairs,moving slightly closer to the door,preparing to strike quickly if he had to do so.

Miguel
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Miguel »

Zan turned his head, still holding his gun in a defensive posture towards the door. It was clear that the person with the sword wasn't aggressive. Now he only had one person to worry about.

"The name's Zan Carson, commanding officer of the Freedom Fighters of Bloodoak Lake. And you are?"
silver1
Legendary
Legendary

Post by silver1 »

"My name is fang,loyal to the brotherhood of wolves,it is nice to meet you.

He returned his sword to its sheath "I'm glad that im not the only one still living around here,where is all the artillery fire coming from?" he asked walking back up the stairs to look out the window.

Thunderclaw
Game Master
Game Master

Post by Thunderclaw »

"Maybe I can answer that." Dusten walked in from the door towards Zan and Fang, Clutching one of his fists tight. "I am Duste Aquos, Surgeson, pleased to meet you." He loosened his clenched fist and the two bullets from earlier that had been fired at the door earlier fell from his hand.

Thunderclaw:

Surge Aquos:
True power, no emotion

Dusten Aquos:
silver1
Legendary
Legendary

Post by silver1 »

"My name is Fang." he said looking out the window at the explosions in the distance,the fighting was steadily getting worse.

He looked at Dusten. "Are there any others like use around,i have'nt seen any others for a while now?" he asked turning to look out the window once more.

Thunderclaw
Game Master
Game Master

Post by Thunderclaw »

Dusten peered through the window. "That weapon was fired from high ground. The human regime had magic capabilities in the past when they were at peace with the werewolves and other magical beings, but the new regime has lost that. That attack could have only come from an orbital satellite. It's force would have the human regime stuck inside buildings and safehouses for a while until the bombardment has completely stopped.Vampires and demons have no locations, apart from the fact that an army of demons recently passed through a nearby town, killing all. The werewolves and their allies have gathered at the brotherhood warfront operations base."

Thunderclaw:

Surge Aquos:
True power, no emotion

Dusten Aquos: