Apocalyptic earth: gaming thread

Here you can role-play as your favorite character in a structured and planned environment that requires commitment from players and storytellers alike.

Moderators: Silvermoon, Silver Predator Wolf, Wingman, Thunderclaw, Grayheart

Miguel
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Keep it Copacetic!
Mood: Happy

Re: Apocalyptic earth: gaming thread

Post by Miguel »

Zan lowered his gun, irately, watching as the person known as Dusten dropped the two fired bullets. He moved back towards the table with the radio and continued dismantling it, searching for usable parts. Within seconds, he was holding a large conductor-like fragment, and then began moving around the room searching for something. He knew these parts well. People always kept AI present for home defense, usually near the entrance, but judging from the condition of the house, if there was one, he wasn't even sure it would still work. A small, cracked TV set resided nearby. Beside it was lying an orb-like metal carcass.

"Found it," he whispered to himself.

Zan crouched down and began removing parts from the orb. He lowered the fragment into its initiator, and it sputtered to life, making a sound similar to a remote controlled airplane. It lifted off the ground.

"W8 Security Bot online. Security mode activated. Please standby as home patrols are carried out," the robot spoke, barely clear enough to understand. It was well past its use. Within moments its searchlight turned on and it began floating around the room, scanning for any abnormalities in the home, but seemed to take no notice of the blood stains.

Zan nodded and moved back to where his new associates were standing.

"So, your father decided to send you back here to find out if I was still breathing, huh?" Zan spoke angrily towards Dusten. "He nearly got me killed you know." He then looked to the werewolf known as Fang. "Elementians can't be trusted. I've known that since the day this war began."

The floating robot began speaking in a coded language, and then began ascending up the stairs.

"Either way, though, it seems like we'll be working together now, huh? That robot will help us stay alive."
Thunderclaw
Game Master
Game Master
Custom Title: Lycan Lord of Thunder
Mood: RAR!

Post by Thunderclaw »

"Hah. You knew not to trust Elementians since the war began? I doubt you had even heard of Elementians before my father introduced you to it. And, if there is a person you can trust, it's Surge. The only time he'll leave a desperate situation is for a more desperate situation."

http://www.youtube.com/user/SurgeAquos

Thunderclaw:
One wolf, One purpose, One life

Surge Aquos:
True power, no emotion

Dusten Aquos:
Impatient, unlucky, or is he?
Miguel
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Miguel »

Zan chuckled, and then nodded, admitting that Dusten was right.

"Yeah, you're right. I never met an Elementian before Surge. What's past is past, though. Your father had proven to be trustworthy, and I will continue to believe that unless he proves otherwise."

Zan moved to the window.

"Either way, we need to figure out what we will do from here on out. Soon the HR will retaliate, and we'll be wiped out if they find us. Where to?"
Thunderclaw
Game Master
Game Master

Post by Thunderclaw »

"Dusten put his hand in a pocket and pulled out a small, circular device. "This was used in the past to transport members of the old regime's secret forces around bases. The bases became incapable of use since the old regime was imprisoned by the new regime, beacause they didn't. and still don't have the codes. It should be safe."

Thunderclaw:

Surge Aquos:
True power, no emotion

Dusten Aquos:
Goliathe Dark
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Inquisitor

Post by Goliathe Dark »

The beast was ascending on him like a waterfall; never faltering, always damaging. This was very bad for Gredo; during his years of running and hiding, he had never come across another demon since the incident.
He knew he couldn't run away, however, as the monster was a demon of speed and it was simply impossible to defeat it in his own element. He knew what he had left for options and he did not like them; he had to fight it and pray for his life that he would simply drive it unconcious. He didn't need any more difficulties to deal with.
The demon was seemingly attacking from all angles; first on the left, then behind him faster than Gredo could blink. In fact, he hadn't even a clear image of the thing because it's speed had distorted the view of it so much, turning it into a sonic whirlwind of blurry shadows and hues. The most he could percieve was that it seemed to be something like a teal in color.
Gredo had not the slightest clue how to slow this barrage of cuts and small gashes appearing on his body
Why hasn't he cut my throat yet? he thought, curiosity ruling over the pain. Then, something seemed to click in his mind. It's blind.
Gredo had never heard of a blind demon but he certainly wasn't complaining. He had found it's weakness. Quickly, he started to punch, swing, and kick in every direction he could muster in an attempt to trip up the beast; one of these punches had just managed to connect, knocking the demon unconcious briefly. Gredo was just about to transform and run away when he saw a terrible sight.
One small trickle of blood had managed to leak its way out of the thing's head.
"No!!!" he screamed, just before Kane gained control of his mind once again as he had so many years ago.

((OOC: I would ask you all kindly not to intervene between the fight between Gredo and the demon as it is important to the overall strain put on his mind.))
Last edited by Goliathe Dark on Thu May 14, 2009 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
What is the difference between an optimistic man and a blind one?

Reality is for those who lack imagination.

Those who beg for death are destined to live forever.

I see you. I know of your intentions. I'd ask you to leave but that wasn't in the cards.....so I'll ask you to die.
Thunderclaw
Game Master
Game Master

Post by Thunderclaw »

Surge felt the presence of the demon escalate, as it did when fighting. He silently slipped off, and went to see the event. From a distance, he watched the fight. Surge decided to only intervene in a matter of life or death.

Thunderclaw:

Surge Aquos:
True power, no emotion

Dusten Aquos:
Goliathe Dark
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Goliathe Dark »

The air cooled slightly as if a strong northern breeze had ascended the area.
Kane laughed insanely. "Fourteen years!" he said. "Fourteen years without the taste of fresh blood or marrow on my lips? How did I survive!?"

He then looked down at the other demon writhing on the ground slightly dazed but no longer unconcious. Kane then changed his facial gesture to that of mocking sympathy. "Sorry, Sid."

Sid then stood up slowly and spoke with his shrill voice "It is quite all right, Kane. I've been trying to find you for the past year or so, brother. I figured if I shed some blood for your vessel you'd wake up..." he stopped mid-sentence when he saw Kane shake his head.

"That's not exactly what I was apologyzing for, brother." he saw Sid staring with confused eyes. "You see," he continued, "I haven't had a satisfying meal in quite a while and if you notice...." he gestured with both hands as if presenting the woods to Sid, "....all of the animals have fled the area."

The horror appeared on Sid's face slowly but it never disappeared; he knew exactly what Kane was referring to. He was hungry for his own brother

I see you. I know of your intentions. I'd ask you to leave but that wasn't in the cards.....so I'll ask you to die.
Thunderclaw
Game Master
Game Master

Post by Thunderclaw »

As Surge watched the events below, he figured out what was going on.
"He has an inner demon" he said to himself. "And he can't fully control it."

Thunderclaw:

Surge Aquos:
True power, no emotion

Dusten Aquos:
blackwolfhell
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Black Wolf Hell

Post by blackwolfhell »

Blade winced. He felt something on the edge of his mind, like a small voice in the distance. "You here that?"
Release all that you hold dear, and become the night.
Werewolves don't get high on drugs, they run

Pet's name: Heyoka
Adopt your own!
wolfward
Legendary
Legendary
Additional Details: Therian and you'll never stop me.
Mood: Angry

Post by wolfward »

Wolfward concentrated on Hal. He felt for him, caringly speaking to him in animal tongue again. Wolfward wanted to nknow what the matter was, to fix it, to help."You can trust me, please I want to help you. What is your name?"Wolfward bowed his head slightly in sign of trust.
Therian(The Animal Inside)
Why do people say they care?
And never ask of your despair?
Why do people say they know?
Then off the cliff and down they go.
Why do people think they're glad?
When deep down inside they're truely sad?
Why am I the only one who sees?
I guess that no one else believes. :(

by Me
Goliathe Dark
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Goliathe Dark »

Even with Sid's unbelievable speed, it was impossible to avoid Kane's reaching grasp. He grabbed for the neck and lifted Sid off the ground with ease, Sid trying to cut, punch, and kick his way free all the while. It was useless, however, as Kane's skin had hardened to that of an ice statue after his blood-induced metamorphasis. In fact, Sid soon realized that his struggling was getting much slower, losing it's fierceness and velocity. Small ice crystals were forming around his throat and continued to spread out slowly across Sid's chest and head. His neck had become just as hard as Kane's body.Soon, Sid's entire frame had become as immobile and useless as a rock, making it impossible to even scream, let alone move.

Kane killed Sid rather quickly; a simple knock from the back of his hand had completely shattered nearly all of Sid's frame, leaving rather repulsive chunks of bloody gore behind. These chunks, however, must have been appealing to Kane as he soon grabbed a handful of them and ate them furiously leaving only some small bone fragments behind.

Then something happened Kane wasn't expecting; a slight little pain in his head, sort of like a gentle thumping. Kane figured maybe he was a little dizzy from eating so fast but he soon put that thought aside as he felt the thumping increase ten-fold. Now he knew what it was.

"Not again!!!" he yelled crazily while violently shaking his head. "It's been fourteen years! I'm not going back ag--". Just as it had happened moments before, the minds switched back again, Gredo now gaining control once more.
Last edited by Goliathe Dark on Sat May 16, 2009 9:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Thunderclaw
Game Master
Game Master

Post by Thunderclaw »

Surge applauded from his viewing spot at Gredo. "You were able to fight back an inner demon that very easily gained control. I congratulate you."

Thunderclaw:

Surge Aquos:
True power, no emotion

Dusten Aquos:
Goliathe Dark
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Goliathe Dark »

Gredo, obviously started by Surge's reaction, took a while to understand. When he did, however, he lowered his head and smiled sadly.

"No.......I wasn't" he said solemnly. "He leaves after he's had his.....fill....... willfully or not."

He looked up, still smiling with his sad smile "His name is Kane."

silver1
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: guardian of wolves
Additional Details: When it hurts to look back,and your scared to look ahead you can look beside you and your best friend will be there.

Post by silver1 »

Fang stood loking out the window next to Zan. "So whats the plan?"
he asked resting his head against the window.
If you talk to the animals,they will talk to you and you will know each other.If you do not talk to them,you will not know them and what you do not know you fear,and what one fears one destroys.

Greater love hath no man than to lay down his life for a friend.

You say werewolf like its a bad thing.

http://cmrpg.net/turn.php?cid=131877&serv=1
Cyberwatt
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Packmate of Sabbatis

Post by Cyberwatt »

Hal avoided Wolfward's gaze, his tail remaining tucked in the omega position. <<Wolf. Sick. Manflesh once. Manflesh dead. Wolf now.>>
http://thevindicad.blogspot.com/ - The new apocalyptic serial novel. With werewolves!
Miguel
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Miguel »

Zan nodded, apparently deep in thought. He could see a few remaining infantrymen running across the field outside, trying to extinguish some of the flames, but they did very little to actually control the blaze. His plan had been mostly sucessful, but it was only a matter of time before the HR retaliated with a stronger, more agressive force. He turned to Fang.

"Well, it seems as though Dusten has a device that could come of good use to us. If what I understand is true, we'll be able to teleport anywhere around the former regime's territory. Firstly, in my opinion, I should return to Bloodoak and speak to my co-commanders."
silver1
Legendary
Legendary
Additional Details: When it hurts to look back,and your scared to look ahead you can look beside you and your best friend will be there.

Post by silver1 »

"That sounds like a good idea,do you mind if i tag along?" he asked plainly,not wanting to be traveling alone again.

"This device that Dusten has sounds like it will be of great use,it will certainly make traveling easier." he said resting his arm on the hilt of his sword.
If you talk to the animals,they will talk to you and you will know each other.If you do not talk to them,you will not know them and what you do not know you fear,and what one fears one destroys.

Thunderclaw
Game Master
Game Master

Post by Thunderclaw »

(at Surge) "Kane...Battle...A suiting name for a demon. Must be pretty powerful to dispatch a greater demon as simply as that."

(at dusten) "You seem to misinterpret this device. There are only three set points. London, beneath big ben, deep underground, Paris, deep under the Eiffel tower, and New York under the statue of liberty. The passageways connect all around the country from London, but only one destination can be directly transported to. It was a safety procedure."

Thunderclaw:

Surge Aquos:
True power, no emotion

Dusten Aquos:
Goliathe Dark
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Goliathe Dark »

Gredo smiled again, nearly genuinely, then spoke.

"I'd say you have no idea, but by the sound of it, you seem to be in high knowledge of the subject." he paused, thinking of where to start. So many questions.... he thought. At last, he found the words and in the kindest voice he could muster from his years dissociallized, asked one of the world's simplest questions.
"Your name?"

Thunderclaw
Game Master
Game Master

Post by Thunderclaw »

"My full name and title is very long, so I'll simply give you my shortened name. I'm Surge Aquos."

Thunderclaw:

Surge Aquos:
True power, no emotion

Dusten Aquos:
Miguel
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Miguel »

Zan sighed and moved away from the window. He could still hear the robot patrolling, still speaking in a coded language. The situation just became much more complex.

"So that means we can't teleport to Bloodoak? We have to cross the wasteland." He stopped speaking, apparently thinking. "Maybe we could use one of the HR's own vehicles to get there. They'll think we're one of their own units."

He rushed back to the window and began examining the destroyed field outside. A large row of IFVs were lined up beside the building they were currently occupying. Only a few were still in working condition.

"There," he spoke pointing towards them, and then looked to Fang. "You can tag along if you want. Don't trust anyone in Bloodoak though. They won't hesitate to kill a werewolf. A pack used to live near here, and lets just say that the people didn't get along with them so well."

He turned to Dusten. "Either way, we might be able to use that device later. First I need to get to Bloodoak. I have to warn the people there, and then I'll help you."
Goliathe Dark
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Goliathe Dark »

"I see." he said. "Now perhaps I am mistaken but may I ask the name of the other who inhabits your vessel."

Thunderclaw
Game Master
Game Master

Post by Thunderclaw »

(at Dusten) Dusten looked out the window once again. "If it is a matter of life, I shall go with you to Bloodoak. The device could get us to bloodoak, but it would take just as long as any other method."

(At Surge) "You are good. I haven't met a single person who has noticed on their own in two hundred years. It's name is Blacksoul Skullcrusher. It's name is about as accurate as you can get to what it does."

Thunderclaw:

Surge Aquos:
True power, no emotion

Dusten Aquos:
silver1
Legendary
Legendary

Post by silver1 »

"I don't like the idea of having to cross the wasteland,i have a feeling that it will not go well." he said still looking out the window.

He pulled his gun from its holster,pulled the clip out and emptied it into his hand,counting the bullets. Once he was done,he reloaded the clip,put it back into the gun,and put it back into the holster.

"Well guys,i say we wait until its dark,then use the cover of darkness to get to Bloodoak,i think it would be easier to avoid anything that might be waiting to surprise use."

Goliathe Dark
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Goliathe Dark »

"I see," he said again, paused for a few moments, then continued. "Are you headed North?"