Why more males than females?

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
Malignant-Librarian
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Howlin' at the Full Moon!

Re: Why more males than females?

Post by Malignant-Librarian »

@Noir: In Lunar Pulse, female werewolves can't carry babies to term. The inevitable monthly shift would cause miscarriage every time. :(
Whisperwind
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Whisperwind »

Malignant-Librarian wrote:@Noir: In Lunar Pulse, female werewolves can't carry babies to term. The inevitable monthly shift would cause miscarriage every time. :(
imagine if the baby changed too? and if they gave birth while shifted... having puppies! god, that'd be a handful, even if they shifted back the same time the mom did.. and if the offspring don't change until they hit puberty, they'd spend their young lives as wolves, and when they shift back, they have to cope with being human 95% of the time and being wolf only a few days a month. or being human a few days a month, depending on which lore you prefer.
Last edited by Whisperwind on Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wolves and dragons? i'm on board! ImageImageImage
Malignant-Librarian
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Howlin' at the Full Moon!

Post by Malignant-Librarian »

@Whisper: xD Oh, WOW. Puppies....

... puppies. o-o
Sheekaka
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change
Custom Title: Sheekaka_Sannin
Mood: Indifferent

Post by Sheekaka »

I have no idea if someone already said this before me because I'm too lazy to have read everything that was posted here, but I think the main reason more males are turned than females is because human men are generally larger and have more meat. So it would make sense for a hunting werewolf to attack men more than women.
Pets name: Avid
Adopt your own!
Enir
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Enir the Werewolf
Mood: Stressed

Post by Enir »

It is a rather entertaining idea to think about. Haveing more female werewolves in future showa and books. And I mean for example: in Rise of the Lycans there was no way that all of them were made by being bitten. :biteme: And in the same movie when the human lords were in the cart on the way to the vampire castle, there were females and males in the chain line and the werewolves attacked all of them.(ALL of them):meat:
And they never confirmed the others were dead they just focused on the main and secondary characters. The females could have gotten scratched/biten then escaped when Lusian poped his collar off and yelled at them to stop and fall back. Thus spareing the females and leaveing them to endure the first transformation from human to werewolf. :femshft .
These are my thoughts. Tell me what you think.
Enir Shadowfang [img]C://Documents%20and%20Settings/All%20Users/Documents/Thersha.jpg[/img] [img]C://Documents%20and%20Settings/Enir%20the%20%20Werewolf/Documents/My%20Pictures/into_werewolf_returns.gif[/img]
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

Good question with a quite simple answer I think:

When a male transforms into a werewolf, the tearing of the clothes is not really showing off that much.

When a female transforms into a werewolf and her clothes start to tear... Boobies!! :lol:
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

Morkulv wrote:Good question with a quite simple answer I think:

When a male transforms into a werewolf, the tearing of the clothes is not really showing off that much.

When a female transforms into a werewolf and her clothes start to tear... Boobies!! :lol:
Heh... Here's an idea for another thread:
"Do Werewolf Fems have 'Boobies' or does the Wolf take over and all they have are little bumps?"
That might be another reason there are so few Werewolf Females :lol:
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
Enir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Enir »

Why would it matter if they have boobies or not? Just because they do or don't have boobies does not determine whether or not they transform/shapeshift/ or morph into a werewolf. And anyways in most shifts the character in question keeps 85% of there original physical characteristics :shift: .
The only things that really change are the head (shape of it), the addition of a tail, finger nails & toe nails (replaced with claws), & and everybodys favorite part. Fur is added (makeing them comfortable, warm, and fuzzy, not to mention fun to hug :wink: acording to some).
And for an idea of what a werewolf female would look like just take Mystic (magneto's number one partner in crime :gangster: ) from X-men and cover her with fur, add a tail, ears, claws, and finnaly the werewolf head :femshft . Although you would probably want to add a little more muscle and bulk.(??Maybe?? :? ) I don't know, tell me what you people think.
Enir Shadowfang [img]C://Documents%20and%20Settings/All%20Users/Documents/Thersha.jpg[/img] [img]C://Documents%20and%20Settings/Enir%20the%20%20Werewolf/Documents/My%20Pictures/into_werewolf_returns.gif[/img]
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

I don't care about female werewolves' boobies, but moviecensors do. I just want to see a awesome TF.
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

RedEye wrote:

"Do Werewolf Fems have 'Boobies' or does the Wolf take over and all they have are little bumps?"
Maybe both? I saw a few artists online who displayed their female werewolves with normal breasts but 2 smaller rows underneath that. Even though those artists get scolded a lot for being a "pervert", I think its not THAT bad idea at all if you want the werewolf to go 50/50 human and wolf.
Enir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Enir »

In my opinion the movie censores are a little to critical. They rate teribble movies (as in badly made and no violence or swearing or anything good) as rated "R" and movies with a huge amount of swearing, violence, drugs,& gore as PG13. Now iam not saying that they should change this sudden flip in rateing for the movies with all the good stuff in it but they shouldn't rate the worse movies "R". Other than that who ever cared about what the cencors say. I see kids sneak into the theaters to watch the rated R movies all the time.

O and one other thing. Those artists should not be called pervs unless they really are. Just because they drew a few pictures of what a realistic werefemale should look like (50%human 50% wolf) does not mean automatically that they are pervs and should be shunned. Some people are just to over pretective with there kids, and think that anything that is diff. from there "ways" are evil/perverted. These people need to loosen up a little. Seriously.

And please remember this is just my (opinion).
RedEye

Post by RedEye »

I'll stick to my theory that women are far less likely to wander out into the forest and get "the treatment" from a Werewolf.

Traditionally, most cultures keep the women "safe" from such risks by keeping them around the camp or town, while the men go out to hunt.

With modern societal changes in male/female roles, though, there is a greater likelyhood of a female doing the "Encounter, get bit, and shift" thing. Whether the movies pick up on this... is something else altogether; although in "Dog Soldiers" the woman was a Werewolf who did the helpless thing as a decoy to catch "dinner" for her "Pack".
This seems the exception, rather than the rule, though.
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

Enir wrote:In my opinion the movie censores are a little to critical. They rate teribble movies (as in badly made and no violence or swearing or anything good) as rated "R" and movies with a huge amount of swearing, violence, drugs,& gore as PG13. Now iam not saying that they should change this sudden flip in rateing for the movies with all the good stuff in it but they shouldn't rate the worse movies "R". Other than that who ever cared about what the cencors say. I see kids sneak into the theaters to watch the rated R movies all the time.

O and one other thing. Those artists should not be called pervs unless they really are. Just because they drew a few pictures of what a realistic werefemale should look like (50%human 50% wolf) does not mean automatically that they are pervs and should be shunned. Some people are just to over pretective with there kids, and think that anything that is diff. from there "ways" are evil/perverted. These people need to loosen up a little. Seriously.

And please remember this is just my (opinion).
I can see why people think that though with all the yiffy furry art scattered around on the internet.

I agree with you about the moviesensoring part, but rated R-movies are getting less common these days though. I believe filmmakers should go underground.
Sebiale
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Sebiale »

Book spoiler hidden below concerning boobies :P
In 'Kitty goes to Washington,' Kitty is abducted and forced to transform while on live television, the FCC later attempts to sue her for indecent exposure when her clothes start to tear and there's a flash of a breast XD

Speaking of females, anyone know a female version of were-?
Since were mean sman, werewolf=man wolf, werecat=man cat, etc. So, female wolf, female cat. Or a unisexual terms, please don't say 'shifters'...
We do not stop being children when we learn of death, we stop being children when we make peace with it.
Enir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Enir »

Speaking of females, anyone know a female version of were-?
Since were mean sman, werewolf=man wolf, werecat=man cat, etc. So, female wolf, female cat. Or a unisexual terms, please don't say 'shifters'...
Well Iam not quite sure what the word would be :? . However I fail to see why the words Were & Wolf automatically make the creature/person a male ?? . There are no masculen :superwolf: letters at the end of either word. In my opinion the word werewolf is a general classification. It could be for a male shhowl or female :femshft . But if anyone has any ideas as far as Sebiale's question please share with us :wink: .
Sebiale
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Sebiale »

Were and wer are archaic terms for adult male humans, thus werewolf means man-wolf, I thought I made that clear, apparently not.
We do not stop being children when we learn of death, we stop being children when we make peace with it.
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

Sebiale wrote:Were and wer are archaic terms for adult male humans, thus werewolf means man-wolf, I thought I made that clear, apparently not.
I don't see why such a term would be needed. The "Were" in werewolf always seems to be used in the sense of Man, as in "humanity" not as "adult human male". You never heard accounts of female werewolves called something else.
JoshuaMadoc
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: HERO OF NIGHTMARES
Additional Details: I just don't care.

Post by JoshuaMadoc »

And people ask me why I always call werewolves just "wolves" when not being technical.
Enir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Enir »

Sebiale wrote:Were and wer are archaic terms for adult male humans, thus werewolf means man-wolf, I thought I made that clear, apparently not.

O and hey you said it clearlly enough you just didn't spell it right. The
(s) on the end of mean is attached to the word man so I thought it was an abreviation for some longer word. :wink: :lol:
WolfeGuardian
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Guardian
Additional Details: Guardian the moon pale wolf with golden flaming eyes never to be tamed,
Location: The Dark comforting forests that welcome my presence...

Post by WolfeGuardian »

In some theories I have mostly took peeks at curiously depending on how werewolves created, lets say as opposed to the theory of attacked by one and you have inherited the gift now, in this theory it is usually harder for females to survive the first change but then again there is a novel that concentrates on the female werewolves and shifters called "moon called" which in my ideal portrays good werewolf ideals there are so many theories in my mind but lol i go by moon called
“Doubt that the stars are fire, doubt that the sun doth move, doubt truth to be a liar, but never doubt I love.”

Rosiewolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Rosiewolf »

I suppose that if a female werewolf were to change into a half wolf/half human (in my opinion) she should have breasts. I mean, you could then clearly tell the females apart from the males and it would seem more realistic to me. Come to think of it (I don't know if someone has mentioned this already) I don't think I've seen any 50% Wolf and 50% Human female werewolves in movies before... or maybe I just haven't watched enough.
Take my advice-- I don't use it anyway
Enir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Enir »

I mostly agree with Rosiewolf :) . But however I don't think there is a third form :? . If i am correct then there should only be two. Human and werewolf. Werewolf would be your 50/50 split between human and wolf. But third form or not there should be breasts on them to signify the difference between male :shift: and female :femshft . O and if anyone knows of a decent werewolf movie that has female werewolves in it let me know. Thanks. :wink:
Wingman
Game Master
Game Master
Custom Title: Dastardly ne'er-do-well in search of a lickspittle

Post by Wingman »

Requiring large breasts, and by large I mean human-sized, to signify gender implies that the werewolves lack a reliable primary nonvisual means with which to identify each other, and by extension females. Such as a keen sense of smell, such as wolves have.

I've mistaken men as women, women as men, children as adults, and adults as children, but I think it would be a very rare occasion for a wolf who would do the same if they have more than one sense applicable in trying to identify someone else.

Take a look at a male wolf and a female wolf. Can you tell the difference purely from their appearance? I can't, aside from assuming that a small wolf is a female or adolescent in the same way that people usually assume that a small person is a female or an adolescent, and I have a feeling that most people would need to actually inspect the wolf in question to tell for sure. This is because our primary means of identifying each other is sight supplemented by sound and smell. It's horribly inefficient for things such as detecting where something has been, how healthy it is, and and who in particular it is.
http://stevebot-7.deviantart.com/
Quod sumus hoc eritis

Aspirant writer-artist.
RedEye

Post by RedEye »

While a Werewolf female would naturally have breasts, my take is that they would be small and "barely there" when in Wolf form. Human females may have large breasts or small breasts, but if any canid crossover would retain them in the usual place then they would need to be much smaller; "A" cups instead of "D'" cups, since they are on a body that has in nature very small mammae.

Then, there is the quad version of the Werewolf... care to imagine what a "D" cup WW would experience if the owner were to run through some low brush or stiff grasses? My guess is "not a fun time"...
Enir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Enir »

Recently here I have watched The first Gingersnaps from 2000 :vulcanwolf: 8) . In the movie right after Bridget stabbs WereGinger :femshft with the silver knife you can see in a number of the scense the breasts on the werewolf :queen: . Which in my opinion seem to be the same size as her human form if not a little larger :jawdrop: . Also I thought I could make out a second set of smaller breasts under the first :read2: . If anyone knows for sure or they have noticed that in this movie then please P.M. me or post it in one of the movie descusions and let me know about it :allears: :grinwiggle: . Thanks.