Apocalyptic earth: gaming thread

Here you can role-play as your favorite character in a structured and planned environment that requires commitment from players and storytellers alike.

Moderators: Silvermoon, Silver Predator Wolf, Wingman, Thunderclaw, Grayheart

Cyberwatt
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Packmate of Sabbatis
Mood: Happy

Re: Apocalyptic earth: gaming thread

Post by Cyberwatt »

All at once, Hal's eyes snapped open. They were no longer yellow-gold.

But green!

Hal's body began to thrash. An unearthly howl escaped his lips as the wound began to bleed profusely with an ichor the color of tar.

He growled and snarled, snapping at anyone who got close to him. The cracking sounds coming from within him were sickening to hear.

And the smell. It was horrible, like the sewer smell when they'd first found the unfortunate half-mad creature. But a hundred times worse!
http://thevindicad.blogspot.com/ - The new apocalyptic serial novel. With werewolves!
blackwolfhell
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Black Wolf Hell
Mood: RAR!

Post by blackwolfhell »

Blade was thrown back and fell onto his back. (Hey! That rhymed!) "What the? Wolfward! What's wrong with him?"
Release all that you hold dear, and become the night.
Werewolves don't get high on drugs, they run

Pet's name: Heyoka
Adopt your own!
Thunderclaw
Game Master
Game Master
Custom Title: Lycan Lord of Thunder

Post by Thunderclaw »

Surge drew out his sword. "As I said, the damage had already been done. The sword has fused with Hal, creating a...a...weredemon.

http://www.youtube.com/user/SurgeAquos

Thunderclaw:
One wolf, One purpose, One life

Surge Aquos:
True power, no emotion

Dusten Aquos:
Impatient, unlucky, or is he?
Cyberwatt
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Cyberwatt »

As the horrified company watches, helpless to stop the change, another battle is taking place in Hal's mind...

"Surge is here. My friends are going to destroy you," Hal cries out to the spirit that has tormented him.

Mocking derision is his only answer. You think so, do you?

Hal's eyes widen. "No. You wouldn't dare!"

Wouldn't I? Did I not tell you Surge himself did not know what he created when he made me? Witness your fate, flesh thing.

"No. No! I won't let you! This is my body, my soul. You can't have it!"

SILENCE!! Submit to me and be one with your master.

===========

Outside, Hal's body changes. The flesh becomes liquid in patches and sloughs off, making a reek that makes Blade and Wolfward retch. The eyeballs crumble and fall away in black teardrops, to be replaced with green flames. Organs vaporize, muscle turns to corruption.

The creature grows in height even as more and more bones and ribs are exposed. Clawed hands become fleshless talons and the thing's tongue becomes long, black and serpentine. The face loses its skin and muscle, exposing the demonic skull.

At last, a horrid and repellent thing stands before the werewolves. Thirteen feet tall, thin and gaunt, ribs and many bones exposed, ragged chunks of flesh and hair still clinging to the stinking skeleton. Its skull leers as its fragmentary ears still twist in a mockery of its lupine heritage. Its eyes, two empty sockets indwelt by eldritch green flame, stare at the werewolves who tried to help it as a living creature.

With a mighty wrench, the half-demon pulls the sword from its abdomen, bringing with it a flood of blackened and liquid viscera. The soiled blade falls to the earth with a clatter, utterly dead and soulless.

Then the thing speaks, its voice a haunting hiss, an effluent of the grave, exhaling the horrid odor of death.

"Iiiiiii..... Lllliiiiiiivvvvvvveeeee!!
http://thevindicad.blogspot.com/ - The new apocalyptic serial novel. With werewolves!
Thunderclaw
Game Master
Game Master

Post by Thunderclaw »

Surge shook his head glumly. "There is no helping it," he said, "We'll have to kill him, before he does any damage."

Thunderclaw:

Surge Aquos:
True power, no emotion

Dusten Aquos:
Goliathe Dark
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Inquisitor

Post by Goliathe Dark »

"Surge!" Gredo shouted. "Is the blood gone yet?"

There was little he could do but wait for his answer. Though he had heard what was happening, he knew he couldn't help if Kane took over.
What is the difference between an optimistic man and a blind one?

Reality is for those who lack imagination.

Those who beg for death are destined to live forever.

I see you. I know of your intentions. I'd ask you to leave but that wasn't in the cards.....so I'll ask you to die.
blackwolfhell
Legendary
Legendary

Post by blackwolfhell »

"Can't we like knock him out or something? Cause he seriously need help!" Hal lunged at Blade and he narrowly avoided the swing.

Adopt your own!
Cyberwatt
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Cyberwatt »

OOC: Hi BlackWolf. Just a quickie before I continue: I'll go with the flow here, so no harm done. I just think we should control our own characters' actions rather than narrating those of other players' characters. I'm not upset, so no worries really; just a question of procedure, that's all. :wink:

IC: As the demoniac Hal-thing swung its emaciated claw, Blade could smell the cloud of fetor, like a miasma breathed from out an open sepulchre. The green flames that shone in mockery of the demon's now non-existent eyeballs seemed as twin souls in torment.

But then the hellspawn seemed to hesitate, its foul maw dripping with black drool, an infernal engine vomiting out its polluted oil. The thing placed its fleshless claws to its skull-like face and covered its eyes.

As the werewolves watched, it reared back and howled as if in agony, its tongue, long and serpentine, thrashing in agitatation, a worm impaled on some abysmal hook.
Thunderclaw
Game Master
Game Master

Post by Thunderclaw »

Surge faced Hal. "Sorry Blade. I think it's too late. This...Thing is all that remains of Hal. We must destroy it, or die. Surge drew a Katana and pointed it at the demonic thing that had once been Hal. Telepathically, Surge contacted Gredo. "Gredo, I need you to get in here. The blood is...sort of gone, but the one who's blood has been drawn from may be coming your way." Surge slowly walked over to Hal, hoping for him to regain some control before he is forced to decapitate him.

Thunderclaw:

Surge Aquos:
True power, no emotion

Dusten Aquos:
Enir
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Enir the Werewolf
Mood: Stressed

Post by Enir »

OOC: hey would you guys accept a new character?
Enir Shadowfang [img]C://Documents%20and%20Settings/All%20Users/Documents/Thersha.jpg[/img] [img]C://Documents%20and%20Settings/Enir%20the%20%20Werewolf/Documents/My%20Pictures/into_werewolf_returns.gif[/img]
Thunderclaw
Game Master
Game Master

Post by Thunderclaw »

(post on the Character creation thread for a new character)

Thunderclaw:

Surge Aquos:
True power, no emotion

Dusten Aquos:
blackwolfhell
Legendary
Legendary

Post by blackwolfhell »

'Drat' Blade thought and relunctently pulled out his longsword and a dagger. The cursed sword lay a few feet away, but Blade was afraid to use it. Blade threw himself foward and rammed the blade into Hal's deformed leg. It pinged right of like it was solid stone!

Adopt your own!
Goliathe Dark
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Inquisitor

Post by Goliathe Dark »

((OOC:A couple of things. Firstly, I'm not entirely sure how far away I was from Surge or the others so I estimated about half a mile or so. Also, I wasn't sure if you guys were inside or outside. I can edit this if the ladder is the case))

Gredo was not concerned about how Surge had spoken to him so clearly at such a distance; there would be plenty of questions later. What was important now was getting to the others to help in any way he could.

As he started running, he noticed he was going faster than usual; in fact, much faster than possibly even his werewolf form.

And faster....

.....and faster!

Gredo now understood what was happening. The other demon, Sid, was attempting to take over his body. His pull was not as strong as Kane's, by far, but it was still unbelievably powerful. As this switch between personalities continued, his eyes started to switch rapidly from Gredo's eyes to Sid's poisonously green ones. Gredo noticed as this was happening, he had almost reached his destination and was mere meters away from the others. He tried to stop but to no avail as his legs had been taken over by Sid. He did the only thing he could think of.

"Coming in fast!" he yelled as hard as he could. As soon as he had finished his warning, he burst throught the plaster and pine wall separating him from the others.
What is the difference between an optimistic man and a blind one?

Reality is for those who lack imagination.

Those who beg for death are destined to live forever.

I see you. I know of your intentions. I'd ask you to leave but that wasn't in the cards.....so I'll ask you to die.
silver1
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: guardian of wolves
Additional Details: When it hurts to look back,and your scared to look ahead you can look beside you and your best friend will be there.

Post by silver1 »

He Turned to Zan "I left to try and find the HR soldiers who killed my family,but i never cought up to them so i just quit...thought it would be better to just wipe all of them out."

He stood up and walked to the back of the vehicle,picked up his gun,and pushed a button on the wall that opened the back door.

He opened fire hitting one of the vehicles in the windshield and watched as it crashed,he fired on another it exploded and flipped over onto another. An HR soldier fired out of the passenger side nearly hitting him,he returned fire and hit the passenger in the head,killing him instantly.

There HR vehicles left,he opened fire on one and destroyed it,fired on the second and missed,the passenger fired back hitting him in the shoulder. "I've been hit." he said through his teeth still firing at the final vehicle,watching as it exploded.

He hit the button next to the door closing it,then took his seat beside Zan. "That was too easy."
If you talk to the animals,they will talk to you and you will know each other.If you do not talk to them,you will not know them and what you do not know you fear,and what one fears one destroys.

Greater love hath no man than to lay down his life for a friend.

You say werewolf like its a bad thing.

http://cmrpg.net/turn.php?cid=131877&serv=1
wolfward
Legendary
Legendary
Additional Details: Therian and you'll never stop me.
Mood: Angry

Post by wolfward »

Wolfward trying to stay calm says."I'm sorry, I did I all I could." Turning to Surge's direction he yells over the commotion of roars from Hal" Kill him Surge! Take him out of his misery!" he didn't want the poor creature to have to suffer any longer.
Therian(The Animal Inside)
Why do people say they care?
And never ask of your despair?
Why do people say they know?
Then off the cliff and down they go.
Why do people think they're glad?
When deep down inside they're truely sad?
Why am I the only one who sees?
I guess that no one else believes. :(

by Me
Thunderclaw
Game Master
Game Master

Post by Thunderclaw »

Surge had noted the blow from Blade's attack being deflected by Hal's new tough skin. "It looks like I'll need to hit you with something harder." He sheathed the katana, and pulled out a hilt. "This is the most powerful dud sword I made, and it has the best chance of defeating him. This is Kingmaker." As he said the name, light sparks from around the room and strikes the hilt, forming a blade in a golden yellow colour. It had a magical aura around it, and although it looked heavy and sluggish with it's broadsword shape, It's weight was hardly anything, since the blade was made purely out of light. "Let's go!" Surge charged at Hal, sword raised.

Thunderclaw:

Surge Aquos:
True power, no emotion

Dusten Aquos:
blackwolfhell
Legendary
Legendary

Post by blackwolfhell »

Blade grunted. A pain shot through his head. He is Mine!
Blade dropped his swords and fell to the ground. It felt like someone lit a fire in his head. "Surge! The sword! Destroy the sword!"

Adopt your own!
Cyberwatt
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Cyberwatt »

In deep pit that was the psyche of the grave-thing, Hal Applegate was withering to a cinder.

And the soul of the demon sword loomed large. You see now. I am inevitable! Submit to me and accept your destruction.

The blackened spirit of the werewolf, for he was human no longer, began to crumble. "I don't want... not like this..."

By the hand of physicality I was made, and now I rise to seize that hand and make it my own. I am omnipotent!

=============

Outside, in the material universe, Kingmaker bit deep, hewing off an arm. The limb flopped to the ground with a wet slap of rotting meat and the clatter of bone.

But the demonic hybrid monstrosity did not shriek. It merely regarded its attacker in silence for a moment.

Then, horrible to see, the severed limb began to crawl of its own accord, grasping for handholds as it clawed its way up the mangy fur and ragged skin like some insane spider.

With a revolting sucking sound, the arm reattached itself to the black stump.

"Ffffoooollll," hissed the thing. "Hooooowwww can you sssssslay death itssssseeeelf?"

=============

Hal howled inwardly at the injury, but not for pain's sake, for there was no pain. But to be carved like a slab of meat was a horriffic violation. He should have been revolted when his own arm crawled back to him like a faithful dog and wedded itself again to his wasted frame.

But he was not. Why?
wolfward
Legendary
Legendary
Additional Details: Therian and you'll never stop me.
Mood: Angry

Post by wolfward »

Wolfward draws his bow, mutters an enchantment on it and fires. As the arrow makes contact time itself freezes around the creature. "Surge, I think it's going to take more than weapons to get this thing down. I suggest either soul combat or magic. Whatever you think is best."
Therian(The Animal Inside)
Why do people say they care?
And never ask of your despair?
Why do people say they know?
Then off the cliff and down they go.
Why do people think they're glad?
When deep down inside they're truely sad?
Why am I the only one who sees?
I guess that no one else believes. :(

by Me
Thunderclaw
Game Master
Game Master

Post by Thunderclaw »

Surge jumped away from Hal. "Blade, the sword is a shell now. The force is inside Hal, which is why he's mutated to this. He's claiming to be death, and although my weapon managed to sever a limb, he's completely ignored it. I think his soul is more powerful than the body, since it's managed to crush Hal's spirit, so magic is our best chance. Magical weapons should have the same effect." Surge put his hand into a pouch and pulled out a crucifix and a pencil. He handed the crucifix to Blade and called out to Gredo. "Do you think you could slow down and come here?" Surge turned to Wolfward. "I need you to use shadowdancer," Surge turned back to Blade, and continued to speak, "You have to use Raysear. It's another dud weapon I made. Use it and we'll have a chance of defeating this creature." Surge turned back to Hal. "The black sonnet, Dark lightning!" As Surge shouted the incantation, sparks of electricity shot from his fingers, but the electricity was black. It struck Hal, and the lightning spread around the body, with electricity circling around his body.

(at Dusten)

The soldiers had all been cleared out between him and Fang, but the vehicles had gave up chase far too early. Something was wrong. The HR was planning something, and it wasn't going to be good.

Thunderclaw:

Surge Aquos:
True power, no emotion

Dusten Aquos:
blackwolfhell
Legendary
Legendary

Post by blackwolfhell »

Blade gripped the cross. "This little thing?" Blade pocketed it and pulled out a two long, thin blades from the many sheathes on his back. "This is Yin and Yang. Seperated their powerless," Blade charged hal, "But together," He jumped. Black and white energy surged through each sword. He slashed both swords at the same time across Hal's chest. It ripped through whatever flesh and bone was left, dropping to the ground. Blade landed and rolled to a safe distance. "How do you like that!" :)

Adopt your own!
Miguel
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Keep it Copacetic!

Post by Miguel »

Zan nodded, watching the rear view camera. He could see the destroyed HR vehicles behind them still burning. He looked to Fang.

"Nice job," he spoke and then pressed a few more buttons, causing the vehicle to go into automatic control. "Looks like you've been hit, though. You might want to patch that up."

Quickly, he stood up, moved into the troop compartment, and began checking the ammo stores. They had plenty of ammo.

"We have plenty of ammunition. We'll be in Bloodoak in a few minutes, and from there we'll go find the others, I guess. Maybe I can convince the town's people to lend us some support."
Thunderclaw
Game Master
Game Master

Post by Thunderclaw »

Surge sighed. "If you're not going to use Raysear, at least give it back."

(at Dusten) Dusten was running as fast as he could to catch up with Fang and Zan, but even at full speed,he needed to go faster. "I hope this won't prove to brutal," he muttered to himself. He was fast for both his age and race, but at this time, he needed more. He used the knowledge Wolfward had taught him years ago, and released his small portion of werewolf abilities to give him a high speed burst. Soon he could see their vehicle, and waved at them to signal them.

Thunderclaw:

Surge Aquos:
True power, no emotion

Dusten Aquos:
blackwolfhell
Legendary
Legendary

Post by blackwolfhell »

Blade smiled, "Watch this," He pulled out the cross and threw it at Hal, then he jumped and forced power trough the cross, in mid-air, and slashed Hal. Blade landed and caught the cross. A rib fell off of Hal.

Adopt your own!
Thunderclaw
Game Master
Game Master

Post by Thunderclaw »

"That's not how you use a dud weapon," Surge muttered under his breath, "and this is all petty attacks. We can't kill it like this."

Thunderclaw:

Surge Aquos:
True power, no emotion

Dusten Aquos: