Apocalyptic earth: gaming thread

Here you can role-play as your favorite character in a structured and planned environment that requires commitment from players and storytellers alike.

Moderators: Silvermoon, Silver Predator Wolf, Wingman, Thunderclaw, Grayheart

Enir
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Enir the Werewolf
Mood: Stressed

Re: Apocalyptic earth: gaming thread

Post by Enir »

Enir awoke sudenly, and heard shouting on the other side of his small camp site he had made in a small ruble shelter. He threw on his sword sheath and strung his long bow. After looking around he noticed a group of werewolves just like himself fighting with some monsterous creature. Feeling the urge to help he took out two arrows covered in tree sap and lite them in the remains of his campfire.
Knocking both arrows he took aim at the creature. After he thought he had a good shot he loosed the shoots which arched in the air. But a sudden gust blew one off target. The other hit though and lit the chemicals on the creatures back but did not stick in.
Enir Shadowfang [img]C://Documents%20and%20Settings/All%20Users/Documents/Thersha.jpg[/img] [img]C://Documents%20and%20Settings/Enir%20the%20%20Werewolf/Documents/My%20Pictures/into_werewolf_returns.gif[/img]
blackwolfhell
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Black Wolf Hell
Mood: RAR!

Post by blackwolfhell »

blade wanted to charge forward, but the two blades were losing power. Soon, they would be depleated. 'These were the best magic swords I had'
Release all that you hold dear, and become the night.
Werewolves don't get high on drugs, they run

Pet's name: Heyoka
Adopt your own!
Thunderclaw
Game Master
Game Master
Custom Title: Lycan Lord of Thunder

Post by Thunderclaw »

Blade was getting cocky, and a newcomer seemed to have appeared. Surge sat back and watched as the fight progressed. There was no point fighting if every time he attacked, he was forced away.

http://www.youtube.com/user/SurgeAquos

Thunderclaw:
One wolf, One purpose, One life

Surge Aquos:
True power, no emotion

Dusten Aquos:
Impatient, unlucky, or is he?
Enir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Enir »

Enir noticeing that the flames on the creatures back were doing little damage drew out his sword and ran to their side ready to fight. Picking up a handful of dirt and ruble he threw it into the creatures eyes and swung his blade down on the thing. Kkkllllaaannngggg. The blade bounced off the skin like it was stone and Enir losses his balance and falls on to the ground.
Enir Shadowfang [img]C://Documents%20and%20Settings/All%20Users/Documents/Thersha.jpg[/img] [img]C://Documents%20and%20Settings/Enir%20the%20%20Werewolf/Documents/My%20Pictures/into_werewolf_returns.gif[/img]
Goliathe Dark
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Inquisitor

Post by Goliathe Dark »

OOC: Sorry for the wait you guys, I was out of town.))

Gredo tried in vain to slow his possessed legs to no avail. Even after having thrust himself into the thick plaster and stucco wall, Sid/Gredo continued on his wild, unpredictable dash.

Ahh. Sid's shrill voice spoke full of nostalgia in his head. Quite relaxing. Is it not?

"SHUT UP!" Gredo shouted hysterically, punching his temples with his fists in an attempt at driving Sid into the depths of his mind. "IF KANE WON'T LEAVE, YOU WILL!"

Then Sid was gone.

He had done it. for the first time in his life, Gredo had been able to regain control of his body on his own accord. He was still going as fast as ever but now he was in control. He did a U-turn, toward the others.

"Surge," he said completely composed by the time he had gotton to him. "how may I help?"
What is the difference between an optimistic man and a blind one?

Reality is for those who lack imagination.

Those who beg for death are destined to live forever.

I see you. I know of your intentions. I'd ask you to leave but that wasn't in the cards.....so I'll ask you to die.
Enir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Enir »

Useing gredo's reapperance as a distraction Enir rolls out of range of the creature once known as Hal and regroups with the others. "We must do something about this beast and soon, before he gets away or kills us!!"
Thunderclaw
Game Master
Game Master

Post by Thunderclaw »

"We know that, newcomer. That's why we are fighting it. And Gredo, glad to see you're back. It's quite simple. We need to stop Hal, the creature, at all costs. It's unnaffected by standard weapons, you need something magical to kill it. Got anything you can use?"

Thunderclaw:

Surge Aquos:
True power, no emotion

Dusten Aquos:
wolfward
Legendary
Legendary
Additional Details: Therian and you'll never stop me.
Mood: Angry

Post by wolfward »

Wolfward unsheaths Shadowdancer and throws it to Surge."At least you'll do more with it than I would."
Therian(The Animal Inside)
Why do people say they care?
And never ask of your despair?
Why do people say they know?
Then off the cliff and down they go.
Why do people think they're glad?
When deep down inside they're truely sad?
Why am I the only one who sees?
I guess that no one else believes. :(

by Me
Goliathe Dark
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Goliathe Dark »

"Unfortunately," he started. "I do not. I have never needed them."

There was a pause and then Gredo spoke again. "Then again.........part of.....me.... has quite potent magic."
Last edited by Goliathe Dark on Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

I see you. I know of your intentions. I'd ask you to leave but that wasn't in the cards.....so I'll ask you to die.
Enir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Enir »

" I carry no such weapon with me, Surge...... is it?" "However if we make a pit or other such hole then we could trap the creature and kill it while it has limited room."

OOC: This thing Hal has become. Does it have legs? Our arms? If so I would like to use a certain weapon I have in my backpack.
Thunderclaw
Game Master
Game Master

Post by Thunderclaw »

Surge remembered Gredo's inner demon. "Yes, you would have magic potential. As for you..." Surge faced the newcomer. "Use this." Surge threw shadowdancer to him.

Thunderclaw:

Surge Aquos:
True power, no emotion

Dusten Aquos:
PrismWolf
Pack Member
Pack Member
Custom Title: Cultivating Red Weed

Post by PrismWolf »

While the fight continues, few on the planet observe a green flash in the sky as something hurtles away from Mars, leaving a green mist behind it as it races across the night sky.
No one would have believed in the last years of the 19th century, that human affairs were being watched keenly and closely by intelligences greater than man's yet as mortal as his own; that as men busied themselves with their various concerns they were scrutinized and studied as narrowly as one studies the transient creatures that swarm and multiply in a drop of water.
Thunderclaw
Game Master
Game Master

Post by Thunderclaw »

Surge felt a flash of a strong energy appearing, but not an energy of a human, werewolf, vampire or demon. It was a creature of this universe, and not of Earth. Surge noted this, and decided to find it later, but more important matters were at hand.

Thunderclaw:

Surge Aquos:
True power, no emotion

Dusten Aquos:
Enir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Enir »

"Thank you"." And do not worry I will return it as soon as this thing is dead"." I do not wish to keep it". "It gives me an uncomfortable feeling". Enir takes the blade and puts himself in a diffencive stance, prepared to deffend himself or counter an attack.

OCC: does he have legs and arms?
Cyberwatt
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Packmate of Sabbatis
Mood: Happy

Post by Cyberwatt »

There seemed to be a sort of evil desperation to the demon-thing as it fought against the werewolves. Not fear: there were no howls of pain or fright from the mouth of the monstrosity which had been Hal Applegate; only a frenzy of hurry which seemed to energize it and make its movements seem quick. But the motives behind this rush of action the combatants had no cause to contemplate. All they saw was a living blasphemy whose destruction was their primary duty.

Only inside the twinned psyche of the thing was there any clue to secret causes.

A dual nature that was rapidly becoming singular.

All your struggles will soon cease, came the voice of the spirit which had once been the demon sword. I told you it was inevitable. We are merging; I can feel it. So can you, though you dare not speak the truth. We are already one in body. Soon our minds will also be one.

"No!" Hal's now tinny voice squeaked. "Do do this. Please!"

It is already done. I had planned on a gradual merging, keeping you as my pet while the others watched in bewilderment at your degenerating mind. But now that they attack us with magical weapons, the mystical energy only accelerates the inevitable. What would have taken weeks will now be done in seconds.

Don't you feel the power, weakling? Don't you feel yourself getting stronger, mightier, more frightening to the puny mortals? Is it not glorious?

"Why? Why are you... are we... am I..."

Why? I hear and yet I utter. Why? The answer is simple. I... we... I... desire a body. To be trapped in cold metal, used like an object when I desire so much more. That is slavery. That is evil. I will now avenge myself on my captors. That is why!

"I..." I... "No, you..." I... "we..." I...

Warm. Cold. Scorching. Freezing. Inferno. Abyssal cold.

Birth.

I!!!

==========

And in the material world, the newly-born fiend shrieked out a deathly rattle, hurled its foes away in one titanic psychic wave and became engulfed in a pillar of green flame, a fire of some outer dimension that silhouetted its emaciated and wasted frame.

A doorway seemed to open sideways. A sickening lurching in time and space.

Then silence.

The flame was gone. For a moment, the echoes of hellish laughter rebounded from the alleys and dead buildings. Then all was quiet, save for the waste winds among the broken remnants of man's civilization.

Something made the werewolves turn as one toward the sword that lay discarded.

It cracked, crumbled, literally rotted. Soon it was no more than a vague pile of ash.

Hal, or whatever Hal had become, had vanished!

But, somehow, the demon's laughter would not leave their memories.
http://thevindicad.blogspot.com/ - The new apocalyptic serial novel. With werewolves!
blackwolfhell
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Black Wolf Hell

Post by blackwolfhell »

Blade caught the blade. It was heavier than his others and seemed sharper than normal. He drove forward with the blade, but had to jump out of the way of Hal's attack. He couldn't move fast enough.
Release all that you hold dear, and become the night.
Werewolves don't get high on drugs, they run

Pet's name: Heyoka
Adopt your own!
PrismWolf
Pack Member
Pack Member

Post by PrismWolf »

In the time it had taken for the fight to conclude, the sickening greenish flash cut across the void of space. Across two hundred million miles of void, racing at speeds science had barley begun to theorize, the port side of the anamolay exploded outward with a massive green flash, correcting it's course to that of the blackened, alien world known as Earth.

Two minutes and thirty seven seconds later, it hit Earth's atmosphere, generating a massive bath of flames behind it. The object, now clearly identifiable as a cylinder, released another massive explosion from it's starboard side now, causing the air to errupt in massive shockwaves and the sky to light up neon green for miles around it. The final course correction had been made, and there was no turning back.

With a flash of white light and a cloud of neon green gas, the ship declereates as it falls into the troposphere. A small, red canister launches out from a previously unseen opening, and far away from the craft's final landing site, this package explodes in a mass of red seeds and baby vines. Another fires, and a thrid, then, the opening closes, and seconds later the cylinder slams with thrity thousand mile per hour force into the soft, debris dotted sand outside of town, embedding itself like a parasitic flea into Earth's surface.

A large, tentacle, composed of segmented metal, raises up and releases a red cloud of seeds into the surrounding soil. It slides back into the cylinder, the opening perfectly closes behind it, leaving no sign of any opening ever being there.

Lastly, heard for miles around, a deep, metallic/electronic howl bellows out into the open air.

"UUULLLLLLAAAAAAA!"

Then, activity ceases as the pilot, a creature of vast, yet mortal intellect, waits, as the cylinder cools and the ash layers begin to crumble off revealing an extremely silvery, gilthering metal, the creature waits.

Thinking, in it's own incomprehensible language.

Thinking, about what it will do when the cylinder cools enough to be opened.
Last edited by PrismWolf on Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No one would have believed in the last years of the 19th century, that human affairs were being watched keenly and closely by intelligences greater than man's yet as mortal as his own; that as men busied themselves with their various concerns they were scrutinized and studied as narrowly as one studies the transient creatures that swarm and multiply in a drop of water.
Enir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Enir »

Picking himself up off the ground Enir looks at the spot were the creature used to be and then turns to surge. Enir carfully hands Surge his sword back and says " we are to late. the creature has escaped us". " I am Enir Shadowfang last remaining survivor from Nordmar. I saw this thing you were fighting and thought you needed a hand, but apperantly it was not enough" "What are your plans strangers and Surge?"
Thunderclaw
Game Master
Game Master

Post by Thunderclaw »

Surge retrieved all the weapons he had lent out, and gave Shadowdancer back to Wolfward. "I'm not sure about the others, but I'm going to investigate the unnatural, otherworldly energy which appeared midfight. It may be a scout for another race, or not hostile at all, but another side for the war would destroy Earth completely.

Thunderclaw:

Surge Aquos:
True power, no emotion

Dusten Aquos:
Enir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Enir »

"Hmmmm...... This is an important matter which must be attended to." We must not let earth be destroyed!" "I will go with you and investigate the falling green star." "If the rest of you are not going to come then may Thor and Luna protect and guide you" "Come Surge we must be quick" Enir gathers what little items he has from his camp site and gets ready to depart with Surge.
PrismWolf
Pack Member
Pack Member

Post by PrismWolf »

OOC: There hasn't been a reply in two days, so I'll assume thats my que that you've arrived at the cylinder, if I've simply misinterpreted, I apologize.

Resuming In Character:
When you arrive at the crash site, the obvious first thing you notice is a massive cylinder, about 80 meters in length, embedded into the ground. The sand around the crater is scortched and glassed, and many rocks around that area have gone from jagged to smooth. Debris around the area is either burning or melted, and the ground is warm to the touch.

Nearby, seven corpses are scortched beyond recognition, and would appear to be the remains of some sort of raiding or salvage party, judgeing from the melted weapons or tools in their hands. It doesn't look as if they were near the are when the cylinder crashed, but more like they were set on fire and left to burn.

Growing all around the area is a thick, red, vine, leafless and budless, that just seems to slowly crawl along the ground as it grows. One vine entwines one of the burnt corpses, growing through the melted skull and rib cage, seeming to consume the organic material as it does so. In other areas, the vine is entwined around debris and even things still too hot to touch. But none of it is growing within a yard of the cylinder, as if some strange force is keeping it from growing into that small circle of glassed sand.
Last edited by PrismWolf on Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Enir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Enir »

Enir turns toward Surge. Looking slightly puzzled and disterbed. "What manner of magic is this red thing?" "It moves as though it were alive but it feeds like a fungus". Enir notices a length of vine an inch from his right paw and swings downward with his sword cutting the vine off and steps slowly back a foot or two. Turning once again toward Surge, Enir says " We must not let this vine thing touch us"! Picking up a well smoothed stone Enir loads it into his sling, spins it to get momentum and releases launching the stone at the metal cylinder VVvvuuummmmm.......pppiiinnngggg. "It sounds hollow, maybe there is someone inside?" "What do you think Surge?"
Goliathe Dark
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Goliathe Dark »

"I think," Gredo interrupted. "We should wait."
He stood a few extra meters away from the cylinder than the others; one reason was that he was wary of the device, another was that it was simply too much heat.

PrismWolf
Pack Member
Pack Member

Post by PrismWolf »

Suddenly, a heavy metallic crash is heard, the exposed end of the cylinder parts only a foot away from the end, and a low metallic scaping is heard. Four feet of shining screw projects until, without warning, the lid falls off, making a heavy booming drum sound in the air.

Two luminous, disc like eyes appear in the darkness, and a massive, rounded bulk, larger than a bear, rises up out of the cylinder. The air fills with a small amount of electricity, like being near a heavy generator. The form is one that almost sickens you, rotted away by hundreds of thousands of years of evolutionary decay. The creature's lipless mouth, no larger around than a fist, breathes stuggling, heaving breathes of the air, which, although thick with smog, is filled with more oxygen than Mars. The creature slithers out, revealing it's lower body to be a set of thirteen or fourteen tentacles.

The tentacles slip out from under it, and the massive bulk falls to the ground in comical fashion, uttering a surprised "Arro!" before hitting the glassed sand.

A small oriffice opens within the casing of the cylinder, releasing a long, segmented tentacle, with a large box fused to its end. Both the box and tentacle seem to be forged of the same shining metal that the cylinder is. The box simply sits, its strange lense reguarding you with as much life and love as the barrel of a gun.

The creature heaves it's bulk up again, and reguards every one of it's new found onlookers, before each of you hears a strange, repillian voice, neither male or female, in your minds.

Should any of you decide to show aggression, your fate will be that of those degerate organism's that lie charred nearby.

I offer you no greeting, and I take it that my communication simplified enough for you to understand.

My real name, like the rest of my language, is far too complicated for you to understand. Suffice, I will be known as Eradas to you.
Thunderclaw
Game Master
Game Master

Post by Thunderclaw »

Surge began to laugh at the nerve of this creature, "Your language is one I have experience in. Besides, you can't kill me."

Thunderclaw:

Surge Aquos:
True power, no emotion

Dusten Aquos: