The place for anything at all...
Wolf Gal
Banned
Custom Title: Werewolf.... Howlllllll
Mood: Depressed

Just For Fun

Post by Wolf Gal »

Hey i know wat we could do.
we could use our imagination and do an online play like just by sending messages online?

plz let me know if it is a good or bad idea.

Feed welll :howl:  :oo :howl:  :oo
Grrrrrr........ Dragons or werewolves i am so in..........
http://world7.monstersgame.co.uk/?ac=vid&vid=113179143
go to this website to become a werewolf
Pet's name: Shana
Adopt your own!
http://new-moon-movie.net/forum
go to this if you like newmoon and twilight and all that stuff
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Re: Just For Fun

Post by RedEye »

I think this already happens in the Games section...although most of them would rate as Soap Operas. :lol:

Try bringing this up in the Games section. You might get some takers.
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
Vagrant
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Prolific Procrastinator

Post by Vagrant »

I find that's true of a lot of roleplaying that doesn't have a system of progression and reward along with a well-developed World to explore (like D&D has). A lot of roleplay threads I've read frequently end up like a variant of East Enders or Coronation Street. It's because if you aren't exploring or questing, then it's social interactions between people... and those tend to get exaggerated, hence the soap opera feel.

What would be interesting if someone started an Ironclaw game...
Berserker
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Berserker »

Ehh Ironclaw is pretty lame imo. I don't really like anthropomorphic just for the sake of it (racial bonuses notwithstanding.) It's really no more interesting to me than playing different cultures of humans. I might as well play D&D.

Now the Mouse Guard RPG, that's better to me. Playing a critter has much stronger and more interesting implications.
Last edited by Berserker on Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
Vagrant
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Prolific Procrastinator

Post by Vagrant »

Well... I'd say it's not really anthropomorphic just for the sake of it if that's how creatures and cultures are in their World, that'd be a bit like saying that we're humans for the sake of it, wouldn't it? So on that basis I'd think it's a moot point, subjective at best.

Regardless, I didn't think Ironclaw was so bad... it has a nice setting, but that's just my opinion. And you don't necessarily have to knock something down to build something else up, a good RPG could stand by its own merits. You could've just said that you liked that RPG because of the sense of being the creature in question that it conveys, no?
Berserker
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Berserker »

Vagrant wrote:Well... I'd say it's not really anthropomorphic just for the sake of it if that's how creatures and cultures are in their World, that'd be a bit like saying that we're humans for the sake of it, wouldn't it? So on that basis I'd think it's a moot point, subjective at best.

Regardless, I didn't think Ironclaw was so bad... it has a nice setting, but that's just my opinion. And you don't necessarily have to knock something down to build something else up, a good RPG could stand by its own merits. You could've just said that you liked that RPG because of the sense of being the creature in question that it conveys, no?
Ok, in the future I'll try to avoid criticizing things I don't like, and promote things that I do like instead. That would be less negative. I guess.
Baphnedia

Post by Baphnedia »

Oh crap. I lost my post that I was going to say here. So, I'm a bit frustrated and will probably come across as an arse. The much nicer version got lost to an error on my computer. So here goes:

Ok; someone can criticize, by giving their opinion. If you say "____ sucks because it is _____," you are stating a fact about the subject and anyone fond of, or partial to the subject will step up to defend it. At best you get two tight-lipped users, at worst you get a flame war. If you say "I think/my opinion/my experience/my thought/etc is that _____ sucks because it is _____," then you are clearly stating an opinion.

You may still get get the "Ur mom" replies and whatnot, but then the 'perp' is the responder, not the person who stated their opinion, giving a very clear indicator of who the mods need to go after (if there's anyone to go after). It may seem like its splitting hairs, but it can make quite a difference. I've received resignations over less.

As for myself, I'm partial to my own RPG which may or may not get released soon (because I have about as many books to write as meals to eat in a day...), but the whole reason why I wrote my own is because I got pissed at WOTC over D&D 3.0 (much less 3.5 and 4ed). So anyway, happy trails and good meals. Speaking of meals...
Everyday should be Towel Day.
Sekrit Identity: What?
Paradice Games: .com, Forums & Facebook
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

Vagrant wrote:I find that's true of a lot of roleplaying that doesn't have a system of progression and reward along with a well-developed World to explore (like D&D has). A lot of roleplay threads I've read frequently end up like a variant of East Enders or Coronation Street. It's because if you aren't exploring or questing, then it's social interactions between people... and those tend to get exaggerated, hence the soap opera feel.

What would be interesting if someone started an Ironclaw game...
Ironclaw! I've heard interesting things about that. Like no monsters (IE, normal animals and anthros that make up the setting are your only opponents) and victorian era style politics. Struck me as a rather awesome low-fantasy setting. No "orcs" or "Goblins" to just throw at players like bags of XP.
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

Check out the Roleplaying section, formal and informal. If none of the game/storylines going appeal to you, feel free to start a new one!
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...