Apocalyptic earth: gaming thread

Here you can role-play as your favorite character in a structured and planned environment that requires commitment from players and storytellers alike.

Moderators: Silvermoon, Silver Predator Wolf, Wingman, Thunderclaw, Grayheart

PrismWolf
Pack Member
Pack Member
Custom Title: Cultivating Red Weed

Re: Apocalyptic earth: gaming thread

Post by PrismWolf »

Such arrogance from a creature that our history shows not the slightest contact with.

But then again, the electricity coming from your brain far exceeds that of the others.

Oh yes, you are quite vulnerable, yet I sense that you've devoted time to mastering energy manipulation.

To whom does your allegiance belong?
No one would have believed in the last years of the 19th century, that human affairs were being watched keenly and closely by intelligences greater than man's yet as mortal as his own; that as men busied themselves with their various concerns they were scrutinized and studied as narrowly as one studies the transient creatures that swarm and multiply in a drop of water.
Thunderclaw
Game Master
Game Master
Custom Title: Lycan Lord of Thunder
Mood: RAR!

Post by Thunderclaw »

Surge smiled. "If my existence was in your history, I wouldn't have been successful in remaining hidden. And trust me, I am the least vulnerable person here. As for my allegiance, am alleiged to the goddess Mysttra, as I am her emissary. In this war, however, I am not on a side, just aginst the demons."

http://www.youtube.com/user/SurgeAquos

Thunderclaw:
One wolf, One purpose, One life

Surge Aquos:
True power, no emotion

Dusten Aquos:
Impatient, unlucky, or is he?
PrismWolf
Pack Member
Pack Member

Post by PrismWolf »

At the mention of the word "goddess" and demons, the creature's eyes bulge, its mouth a gapes and its head begins to shake up and down, it appeared to be a heavily strained form of laughter.

More advanced than it once was, yet far and away less unevolved.

You do realize, that the creatures you consider to be "gods" are nothing more than highly evolved energy beings? And that the monsters you reffer to as "demons" are creatures from another universe?

Oh yes, I've had first hand experience with many of the latter during my days on the outworld dettachment.
No one would have believed in the last years of the 19th century, that human affairs were being watched keenly and closely by intelligences greater than man's yet as mortal as his own; that as men busied themselves with their various concerns they were scrutinized and studied as narrowly as one studies the transient creatures that swarm and multiply in a drop of water.
Thunderclaw
Game Master
Game Master

Post by Thunderclaw »

"I am completely aware of that fact, but it doesn't change their names. Besides, my skills in magic and science will never be defeated by your attempt to use pure science alone."

Thunderclaw:

Surge Aquos:
True power, no emotion

Dusten Aquos:
Enir
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Enir the Werewolf
Mood: Stressed

Post by Enir »

Unsure of what to do Enir stealthily draws out a pair of bolos and holds them behind his back just in case the situation elevates.

OOC: everyone knows what a bolo is right? (just in case, a bolo is weapon made to tie up an opponents legs or arms. It's made of three rocks tied together bye rope. It is swung around and then released. The 3 rocks pull on each other but the rope keeps them together thus causeing it to spin and wrap tightly around the limb. But if one had a bolo with vary dense weights it could wrap around the head and break the skull or other bones.
Enir Shadowfang [img]C://Documents%20and%20Settings/All%20Users/Documents/Thersha.jpg[/img] [img]C://Documents%20and%20Settings/Enir%20the%20%20Werewolf/Documents/My%20Pictures/into_werewolf_returns.gif[/img]
PrismWolf
Pack Member
Pack Member

Post by PrismWolf »

Ah, and there-in lies your folly.

"Magic" in itself is a primitive idea to describe energy manipulation, which, your brains are just powerful enough to accomplish.

True enough that energy manipulation can overpower scienctific devices, but it is also true that energy manipulation can be overpowered by science.

Combining both of these is not hard to do, as many devices of science can manipulate energies in ways even your mind cannot surpass.

Hence, my machines being equipped with the generators and computing devices capable of handling even more energy than my own mind and those machines being nearby and under my control, I have the upper hand.

Which, I might add, is regardless of wether or not that one throws his disarming device at me.
Last edited by PrismWolf on Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Goliathe Dark
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Inquisitor

Post by Goliathe Dark »

"Not to interrupt your bickering," Gredo said to the two arguing, annoyed; then turning to the one called Eradas. "but surely there is a greater purpose for your arrival than challenging our intellect."
What is the difference between an optimistic man and a blind one?

Reality is for those who lack imagination.

Those who beg for death are destined to live forever.

I see you. I know of your intentions. I'd ask you to leave but that wasn't in the cards.....so I'll ask you to die.
PrismWolf
Pack Member
Pack Member

Post by PrismWolf »

The creature turned and regarded Gredo as if it had not known he was there.

Perhaps my actual intentions should be revealed at this point.

I come from Mars, a planet I'm sure your scholars and scientists had long since considered dead.

My reasons for being here are simple, to do something that is for once, constructive.

Ever since your many wars have poisoned this planet, it's fauna is barley surviving, and it's flora is entirley devastated. Hence, I've brought forth the Red Weed unto your planet of ash.

Not only is it the quickest growing plant life so far discovered, it can survive just about anything. Including high amounts of radiation and nutritionless, ashy wastelands. It is entirley safe to consume, which should help with the starving herbivores barley surviving.

That, and I've been told to bring back a DNA sample from a complicated fauna lifeform for our scientists study.
Thunderclaw
Game Master
Game Master

Post by Thunderclaw »

"Hah! Feel free to go planting, but you're not taking any DNA samples from an advanced beung! I will not allow it!"

Thunderclaw:

Surge Aquos:
True power, no emotion

Dusten Aquos:
Enir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Enir »

Still unsure of wether or not to trust the strange mythical creature(or how it new what he had done) , but knowing that it currently did not desire a conflict Enir stows his bolos back into there hidden pouch on his belt and exmines the red vine that he had earlier cut. Then turning to Eradas he asks him " I have seen what this 'red vine' of yours does to living things (looks over at the remains of the dead raiders and then back to Eradas). "Will it consume use if it touches us?" "Surely it is not safe to sleep near it." "And most importantly of all, Can it spread across water?"
Enir Shadowfang [img]C://Documents%20and%20Settings/All%20Users/Documents/Thersha.jpg[/img] [img]C://Documents%20and%20Settings/Enir%20the%20%20Werewolf/Documents/My%20Pictures/into_werewolf_returns.gif[/img]
Enir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Enir »

OOC: Sorry Thunderclaw beat me. I posted right after he did.Just by 4 seconds. Please answer my questions though Eradas.

Even more confused Enir pulls one bolo out and keeps it behind his back,then moves directly behind Surge and pulls out a sling, loading it with a hollow chickens egg filled with sand and metal shaveings. Then wispering into Surge's ear Enir says " Iam ready to fight till the end, just give the word" Then moves slowly back about 3-4 feet, just out of swinging range of Surge so he has enough room to use his weapons if needed.

OOC: This is getting interesting isn't it? hwlwnk
PrismWolf
Pack Member
Pack Member

Post by PrismWolf »

I feel you misinterpret me, it's only needed from one of your "animals" as you call them.

Further, I am not the one to be shouting in defiance to, as my lesiure time I've taken to this planet did not include running errands for the Studies Organization. Direct your rage at them and start a war if you wish.

For that matter, what exactly are you trying to accomplish with such over confident defiance? Hostility? You act as if I'm here to wage war.

Further, this planet and it's entire host of species is in no real position to threaten anyone, for that matter Mars altogether. Regard your position for a moment, if that's what it will take. View this smoking ruin and question if you really wish to drag what remains of your civillization into warfare.

Besides, with our mastery of technology, we would be able to wipe your civillization from the stars with one of the least powerful super weapons our civillization has constructed over the past hundred thousand years.

With all that in mind, even the stauncest defender would surrender, an act that I never asked of you and do not plan on asking of you.

But, I doubt we'll get anywhere with myself being pelted by that one near to you.

To you, foolish one, I inform you that my hide is too thick to sustain damage from anything you place in a sling, and that knocking me over will prove fruitless as well, my machines are controlled by electrical impulses from my mind, not any tool I currently posses.

To illistrate its point, the creature raises two of its tentacles up near the top of its head, showing both to be bear of any machinery, likewise of the lower tentacles.

And I can assure you, the Red Weed is harmless to living lifeforms, those charred degereates over their make better lattices for the greedy thing to grow on than fertilizer.
Last edited by PrismWolf on Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thunderclaw
Game Master
Game Master

Post by Thunderclaw »

"I may seem overconfident, but really, I'm just capable of doing things. If you find any animals here, I'd be amazed, and trust me, you can't intimidate me with the threat of a superweapon destroying a planet. I've seen it before, and I'd stop it. You accuse me of being arrogant, but you seem to be ignoring your own arrogance. I've mastered the art of combining science and magic into a fearsome combination, and while I may appear arrogant at this level, I can get stronger in a matter of seconds, should I wish it. Besides, this is not my civilisation. Humans are too primitive to be my race. I am of a different race all together, and their numbers hold firm. Plus, my contacts go far and deep. I have branches in every known galaxy. Earth is the hub town for the primary source, but there are so many more, you have no chance of overpowering me and my allies."

Thunderclaw:

Surge Aquos:
True power, no emotion

Dusten Aquos:
Miguel
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Keep it Copacetic!
Mood: Happy

Post by Miguel »

Zan flipped the switch from before, putting the vehicle back into his control, and then stopped for a brief moment to allow Dusten to enter the vehicle. The video image created itself before him once more, this time lacking the green color. Once Dusten was inside the IFV, he began accelerating. The world outside had become dark; the only light came from the search lights on top of the vehicle itself. There must have been a malfunction when they were ambushed before; the nightvision was down completely. He would need to use his general knowledge of the area to navigate.

Something brightened the entire landscape around him, a glowing orb in the sky. Another HR airstrike? No, it couldn't be; it was traveling too fast. The light quickly faded. The landscape was dark again.

"Anomaly detected," the robotic voice spoke, "outside of trading town...Bloodoak Lake. Proceed with caution."
"Copy," Zan responded, manually realigning the searchlights so that they were lighting up the cracked road ahead of them. Bloodoak was within view. They had arrived.

Within moments there was a loud metallic sound that seemed to rock the entire vehicle, one that Zan had never heard before. He stopped the IFV, and then used the searchlights to find the source. There was nothing. Once again he began accelerating, driving the vehicle through the gates of Bloodoak. The town had become silent. It had been abandoned.

Quickly he pulled up to a large military tent on the side of the road and stopped the vehicle. He stood up and exited through the troop compartment. The air had become stale, heavy with the smell of burning. There had been a battle here, one that took no time at all. Yet at the same time it seemed as though the town hadn't been attacked at all. Zan entered into the tent and quickly became nauseated.

Bodies were scattered among the interior of the tent's floor. The people that previously occupied it had been slaughtered, shot without mercy. Zan recognized the bodies instantly, his co-commanders. Somebody had betrayed them. Most of them hadn't even armed themselves for defense. Zan made his way towards a large metal table and began searching through its contents. Maps; he needed maps. He quickly found what he was looking for, three torn pieces of paper with red markings. Swiftly, he exited the tent.

The IFV was still waiting outside. He quickly moved back into it and seated himself in the driver's seat, silently. The images of his dead co-commanders still plagued his mind. He had to ignore them. The rear door closed and the vehicle began moving forward once more.

"Bloodoak is gone. We need to leave," he spoke towards Fang. "I got maps of the area, though. Maybe that'll help us."

He focused his attention on the screen once more, looking for any clues to what had happened to the town, but saw nothing. He then looked towards the lake. A red mist was glowing on its outskirts. That had to mean something.

"We're taking a detour. Hold on!" Zan spoke and turned the vehicle, driving it onto the former lake's ground.

The wheels of the IFV became loud, digging into the dried soil with a grind-like sound. The IFV began passing the remanants of former nations' vehicles, rust coated husks that seemed to have, at one point, been the homes of wandering survivors.

Within twenty minutes they had arrived at the destination, a large metallic pod of some sort. Rising from it was some sort of alien creature. Werewolves surrounded it. A battle hadn't yet taken place, though. Zan stopped the vehicle and moved into the troop compartment. He grabbed a machine-gun from the ammo-hold and moved outside, signaling for the robot to follow him.

"I'm going to see what's going on," he spoke back into the vehicle, towards Fang.

Silently, Zan made his way through some dead underbrush, not wanting to blow his cover. The werewolves and alien creature seemed to be talking.
PrismWolf
Pack Member
Pack Member

Post by PrismWolf »

OOC: Ow, I just spent that last two and a half hours writing this damn manifesto, so this better not be considered some highly civillized attempt at flaming, because it isn't.

Resuming:

Understand that I am no appostle of destruction, nor am I here to enslave or destroy, but threaten us with the weaponry of your infantile civillizations and their empty coallition, I can assure you we have ways of destroying things that go beyond even my capacity of thought.

Mars has become a civillization more alien to me than it probably is to you and the rest of these creatures, what was once a stellar body of power and unparalled might has degenerated into basically another big gun, designed to keep the civillization that has long exited it safe from creatures that scarcely knew of it's existence.

The capacity of destruction possed by those fools unintellectual enough to remain on that dead world knows no bounds.

So when you threaten me, all you've really threatened, is me. Martian civillization long ago left this universe because of their irrational paranoia of primitive beings and galatic coalitions, those who stayed behind called them insane, and confided confidently that they would be able to defend themselves from any interstellar threat.

What I fear most, is that those who left were ultimatley correct.

Look at you, look at this world, what was the first greeting I recived from the life on this planet? A raiding party, after my technology and anything they could sell for worthless currency. What was the first greeting I recived from you? A hostile slurr about how invulnerable you are compared to my technology. Your race, your coalition, has not the slightest notion of Martian civillization, its power, its destructive capability, or even its ability to create, its mastery of things it mastered only out of the need to push forward. Your coalition never even established contact with Mars, the xenophobes in our empire and yours have seen to that.

And most of all, your claim that you know Martian language. Where did you garner even a scrap of it? We use not books, not recording devices, we have no databases of our language, nothing that would give access to another race. We pass it on entirley through teachings of another, elder one of our own.

So I ask you, after the calculations on how this civillization and yours would act against me proved correct, after I had to incinerate a hostile raiding party, and after you all but declare war on me for a threat that was by all means justified, Which is the arrogant race?

Martian civillization has done far worse to it's own race and others, but there has yet to be a case of any form of hipocrisy in our history or in our goverment. We fought out of hatred, out of religon, out of greed, we slaughtered each other and splayed our own brethern and comrades across entire cities, we've committed atrocities that your civillization has yet to even touch upon, but we've never committed hipocrisy.

The metal tentacle with the box attached to it coiled back into the machine, where the hole it came from fused back into the hull, appearing as if there was never any opening at all. The Martian slithers forward as it carries it's arguement forward, and comes to rest scarcely a foot away from Surge when it finally finishes.

So strike me down, prove our calculations, their calculations, give those maniacs in charge of the super weapons a reason to launch, give my civillization another reason to stay sealed away in another universe, keeping to itself technologies and revolutions that could elevate not only Mars but all life to utopia. Go ahead, I implore you, I challenge you, and most of all, I engage you, I offer you the best chance to prove you civillization and its so called superiority over the other races and you almost prove hostile to me.

I warn you, your aggression is wrong, your ideas and methods based off it do nothing to intimidate me or my xenophobic civillization from its own flawed ideals, instead, you prove them, you keep those obselete ideals and long discredited arguments alive with your gunplay and your battles, you quarrels amongst each other, and your own disregard for other civillizations, cheifly one entirley unknown to you or the coalition you claim allegiance to.

And to your own alleged power, how signifigant do you think that makes you? Any more so than me, or that one over there? Or the one next to him? So you can make a bigger scortch mark on history, we thought that way once too, imagine our shock when we realized how painfully insignifigant even this entire universe is.

The monsters, the resources, the weapons, the coalitions, the cries of strength and defiance and the massive examples of destruction. How many more planets within your known universe are like this one? A thousand? A million?

So, do not even begin with arrogance allegations, do not try to belittle my race or the power even it's splinter faction posses.

Perhaps, when we get past this mindless aiming of our weaponry at one another, we can accomplish something on this dead planet. We could, even, accomplish something for the entire span of our existence, imagine the day the entirety of both our civillizations would meet in peace over mounds of unlimited resources and universal utopias that they could create, instead of two washed up and unwhitting emisarries standing and debating who would win in combat.

So, I implore you, relinquish this idea of superiority, and I'll relinquish mine.
Goliathe Dark
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Inquisitor

Post by Goliathe Dark »

"I'm convinced." Gredo said serenely. The heat got increasingly uncomfortable as he walked closer to the still-hot ship the alien stood in front of. "Tissue, fiber, or blood sample; the latter may be difficult for me to conjure without consequence.
Last edited by Goliathe Dark on Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
What is the difference between an optimistic man and a blind one?

Reality is for those who lack imagination.

Those who beg for death are destined to live forever.

I see you. I know of your intentions. I'd ask you to leave but that wasn't in the cards.....so I'll ask you to die.
wolfward
Legendary
Legendary
Additional Details: Therian and you'll never stop me.
Mood: Angry

Post by wolfward »

OCC: Sorry if I become a bit inactive, but I really don't think that my character is really going anywhere right now.(Plot wise I mean.)
Therian(The Animal Inside)
Why do people say they care?
And never ask of your despair?
Why do people say they know?
Then off the cliff and down they go.
Why do people think they're glad?
When deep down inside they're truely sad?
Why am I the only one who sees?
I guess that no one else believes. :(

by Me
Enir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Enir »

Once again storeing his weapons Enir looks around then says "This creature speaks with the wisdom of a druid from Nordmar." I thought he might have been a minion of Loki but now iam not so sure." Enir slowly walks around the creature at a safe distance examineing it from all angles but also being careful not to step on the red vine. "But you have not answered my last question, Does your vine spread on or through water?"
It may help on this berren wasteland by my homeland of Nordmar is still covered in plants and the animals are still alive there." "And I would perfer this vine not showing up there." "And besides I don't think it would grow there anyways." "It's always snowing there and the water is frozen most of the time" "The only place were the water isn't frozen is in the Fire clan's village because there lava forge vents the heat out in different spots and allows them to melt the snow and ice for water."
PrismWolf
Pack Member
Pack Member

Post by PrismWolf »

The Red Weed goes so quickly because of it's small water and nutrient requirement, allowing it to grow very long with only the need of a few gallons of water and trace nutrients in the soil.

As such, when it reaches a large body water, it grows at a rate of up to twenty times it's original speed.

It cannot, however, grow under water or bridge long distances across it, such as an ocean.
Enir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Enir »

"This is good news for I do not wish for this vine to grow on my homeland." " So what animal is it you are needing a sample from?" "There might be a chance that it lives on my homeland for it has not been scarred by the tides of war" Looking worriedly Enir also says" however I have not been there for a year, so I still hope it is alright there........WAIT!!!" Sniffing the air with his well trained sence of smell he catches the scent of another creature or person! Vary slightly he turns his head toward Surge and whispers " We are being watched,Iam not sure yet wether or not it is hman or some other thing but we are not alone." Vary carefully Enir readies his sling and bolo but keeps it from view of the area he thinks the creature is hideing in.
Miguel
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Miguel »

Zan could quickly tell that he had been detected. One of the werewolves was becoming restless, scanning the area. He recognized the person in the center of the group. It was Surge. He had every reason to kill him; it was Surge who nearly got him shot. At the same time, though, he knew that shooting at the elementian would probably be met by deadly force; bullets would probably do nothing except alert Surge's companions. Zan didn't stand a chance. For now, he needed to work with them, form an alliance with the werewolves. It was the only way the HR could be stopped.

Nervously, Zan stood up, allowing the werewolves, alien, and elementian to see him. He held his gun defensively, ready to fire if any of them tried to attack. The robot hovered behind him, also ready to attack. Either way, he wouldn't stand a chance against the group. He could see the werewolf known as Wolfward, the one from the sewers, near Surge. Others in the group, however, were new, and probably trusted him even less. Zan lowered the gun.

"Well, we meet again, Surge," he spoke, signaling for the robot to stand down. "Honestly, I'm surprised. I thought I was dead back there, back at the HR camp. I escaped though, and ran into your kid, Dusten, along the way, as well as a werewolf known as Fang. I think they're still in the IFV. And now, well, I'm here."

He laughed and looked back towards the distant town of Bloodoak.
Enir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Enir »

Noticeing the new arrival putting down his weapon Enir stows away the sling and bolo but keeps the bolo close to reach just in case things escalate. Then turning slightly toward Surge he asks " Can we trust this newcomer or is he a threat?" "Does anyone else reconize him?" While waiting for an answer he tells the newcomer " Greetings newcomer I am Enir Shadowfang last remaining member of the Wolf Clan from Nordmar what is your name and purpose in this area? And why were you spying on us?"
Thunderclaw
Game Master
Game Master

Post by Thunderclaw »

"Calm yourself Enir. He hasn't been there long, and we can trust him. You didn't run into my son either, I sent him to you. Now then," Surge turned back to face Eradas, "I still find everything suspicious about you. I'm not letting this drop. Mutual peace for now, but if you turn out to do anything other than what you have said you will, I'll strike you down with no mercy."

Thunderclaw:

Surge Aquos:
True power, no emotion

Dusten Aquos:
Enir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Enir »

Completly and utterly confused and just plain perplexed by what all has happened in this short period of time Enir says " Well Ill be over by that collection of rocks if you need me." Then without further a-doo he leaves the group and goes to the top most rock about 30 ft. away and sits down , sharpening his sword with a wet stone and quietly singing to himself in an uniterperable language, a poem of war and honor.

OOC: Probably old norse or rustic Nordmarian.
Miguel
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Miguel »

Zan chuckled, finding the interrogation from the one known as Enir surprising. He watched as the werewolf moved to the rocks and began sharpening the sword. Zan followed.

"Well, to answer your question, Enir Shadowfang, my name is Zan Carson. These lands that you walk over belong to the town of Bloodoak, not that it matters much anymore, which used to be my home. I wasn't spying. I was investigating. As to why I am here...well...everyone in my home is dead now. Basically I'm out for vengeance."

Zan quickly moved away and signaled for the robot to begin patrolling. It complied. He moved back to where Surge and the others were. He looked to the alien.

"Well, looks like this war caught the attention of aliens. Can it talk?" he questioned towards Surge.