Apocalyptic earth: gaming thread

Here you can role-play as your favorite character in a structured and planned environment that requires commitment from players and storytellers alike.

Moderators: Silvermoon, Silver Predator Wolf, Wingman, Thunderclaw, Grayheart

PrismWolf
Pack Member
Pack Member
Custom Title: Cultivating Red Weed

Re: Apocalyptic earth: gaming thread

Post by PrismWolf »

Not in the general sense that your species is accustomed to.
The creature speaks in his mind.

As for you, Surge, keep your suspicions and xenophobia to yourself.

Now, the one designated "Zan", from what I can translate from your surface processes, your city was destroyed by a large agency was it not?
No one would have believed in the last years of the 19th century, that human affairs were being watched keenly and closely by intelligences greater than man's yet as mortal as his own; that as men busied themselves with their various concerns they were scrutinized and studied as narrowly as one studies the transient creatures that swarm and multiply in a drop of water.
Thunderclaw
Game Master
Game Master
Custom Title: Lycan Lord of Thunder
Mood: RAR!

Post by Thunderclaw »

"He can do more than talk, he can argue." Surge turned to Dusten. "Have you found the old regime yet?"
"No, father. I have leads, but nothing solid yet."
"Okay then. Keep searching. We'll keep the original plan."

http://www.youtube.com/user/SurgeAquos

Thunderclaw:
One wolf, One purpose, One life

Surge Aquos:
True power, no emotion

Dusten Aquos:
Impatient, unlucky, or is he?
Enir
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Enir the Werewolf
Mood: Stressed

Post by Enir »

Testing the edge of his blade on a pieace of cloth before putting it away Enir moves back toward the group and look at Zan. The he says " I to have lost many. My whole clan was wiped out by a rouge group of werewolves. I sought out revenge as well, but after killing the rouges I realized something, It wasn't worth it." "I will say this only once, be careful, revenge corupts even the greatest of worriors just like power corupts leaders." Then Enir walks back to the rocks and starts examining and repairing his equipment. Sharpening his arrows, testing his sling and bolos, sharpening his dagger, gathering more round pebbles for sling ammo and testing his bow.
Enir Shadowfang [img]C://Documents%20and%20Settings/All%20Users/Documents/Thersha.jpg[/img] [img]C://Documents%20and%20Settings/Enir%20the%20%20Werewolf/Documents/My%20Pictures/into_werewolf_returns.gif[/img]
Thunderclaw
Game Master
Game Master

Post by Thunderclaw »

Dusten was leaving when suddenly a loud, interfering static appeared in the air. The static was so strong, it was obvious something was interfering. He took out his transceiver and started adjusting the signal. Over time, he started to hear voices.
"Radio...............coming...............Crimson....................Archang............need......"
The static was still strong, but was clearing.
"Father! I have something! It might just be what we are looking for!"
Surge faced Dusten, gave him a thumbs-up sign, and turned to everyone else. "Okay, humans, werewolves and aliens. I need you to listen closely to the message that is about to be played. It's important. Everyone happy with that?"

Thunderclaw:

Surge Aquos:
True power, no emotion

Dusten Aquos:
Enir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Enir »

Moveing back over to the group Enir looks at Surge and says " Iam listening brother, what is it?"
Enir Shadowfang [img]C://Documents%20and%20Settings/All%20Users/Documents/Thersha.jpg[/img] [img]C://Documents%20and%20Settings/Enir%20the%20%20Werewolf/Documents/My%20Pictures/into_werewolf_returns.gif[/img]
Thunderclaw
Game Master
Game Master

Post by Thunderclaw »

Dusten adjusted the frequency once more, and they could hear the message.
"Radio message incoming. Hello, is anybody there? This is Crimson Phoenix, officer of WASP, trying to make contact. I'm within the WASP halls with Archangel, but we need assistance. Can anyone hear us?"

Dusten took the transceiver and put it to his mouth. "This is Duste Aquos, Recieving message."

"Good. Nice to see you survived the attack, Dusten. Archangel and I are in the main conference room of the WASP secret tunnels. The Human Regime have followed us. We managed to shake free of them and got here, but it's only so long until they find us. We have the location that Rajed and the others are, and we need you to help us. Unless we can get out of here or get assistance, we're as good as captured. Can you access the tunnels?"

"Yes," Dusten replied, "We'll be there ASAP."

The communication stopped, and Dusten put the transceiver back. "We need to get to them fast. The fate of Earth is currently in their fingers. If we can get to them, we can stop the human regime, and take the intensity of this war right down. Who is willing to come?"

Thunderclaw:

Surge Aquos:
True power, no emotion

Dusten Aquos:
Enir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Enir »

"If they are friends of yours then I will assist you in any way I can." Enir grabs his gear and makes ready to move out.
PrismWolf
Pack Member
Pack Member

Post by PrismWolf »

I can assist, but only with the use of my machinery.

Also, is this "Archangel" a permanent base or only a staging point?
No one would have believed in the last years of the 19th century, that human affairs were being watched keenly and closely by intelligences greater than man's yet as mortal as his own; that as men busied themselves with their various concerns they were scrutinized and studied as narrowly as one studies the transient creatures that swarm and multiply in a drop of water.
Miguel
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Keep it Copacetic!
Mood: Happy

Post by Miguel »

Zan nodded, and then spoke towards the alien.

"Yeah, they're called the HR. Honestly though, I don't know if it was them. The town was hardly affected, barely even damaged, people were just dead. It's like everyone who survived fled, everyone except those loyal to me. Someone killed them."

He turned towards Surge, listening to the radio transmission. WASP? He had never heard of it.

"Yeah," he answered Surge, "I guess I can help you out. What is WASP though, some sort of organization?"
Enir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Enir »

"I would also like to know what this WASP is." "Is it a bug or something? "And what is this HR you speek of?" "Surge has told me of niether."
Thunderclaw
Game Master
Game Master

Post by Thunderclaw »

"WASP is the most secret organisation on Earth. The government doesn't know about it, but WASP had influences everywhere. It stands for World And Space Protection, and it keeps the world protected from threats that come inward. When governments failed after the werewolves arrived in great numbers, WASP stepped in to make peace with the werewolves, making the werewolf/human blood pact. Humans got restless of werewolves though, and with time gathered enough arms to topple the old human regime to leave the bloodthirsty one today. The secret tunnels are actually inside the mantle, as when I first discovered them they were using standard human materials. I supplied them with the things necessary to keep Earth safe, and remain hidden." Surge stopped to see if anyone had any questions and to see if they were still following what he was saying

Thunderclaw:

Surge Aquos:
True power, no emotion

Dusten Aquos:
blackwolfhell
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Black Wolf Hell

Post by blackwolfhell »

OOC: I'm sorry. I haven't had time to check my stuff so I'm way out of the loop. There's a lot of writing on the last pages and I'm presed for time so if you could give me the load-down? Thanks.

"Meanwhile, Blade just cleaned his swords." :D
Release all that you hold dear, and become the night.
Werewolves don't get high on drugs, they run

Pet's name: Heyoka
Adopt your own!
Enir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Enir »

For the first time Enir was considering weither or not he trusted Surge. He had never mentioned this group before and had not told him a whole lot of anything else either. But to hide his new found worry he said "Alright I will come and help."
PrismWolf
Pack Member
Pack Member

Post by PrismWolf »

The creature glances around the group, then turns to Surge.

This "Archangel" facillity the message refferenced, is this a mere staging point or a large head quarters of some kind?

Also, I require tactical information if I am to have any hope of creating an effective battle plan with the limited machinery I have at my disposal.
Thunderclaw
Game Master
Game Master

Post by Thunderclaw »

Surge sighed."Archangel is my apprentice in magical arts, and don't worry about battle plans. I have everything sorted"

Thunderclaw:

Surge Aquos:
True power, no emotion

Dusten Aquos:
Goliathe Dark
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Inquisitor

Post by Goliathe Dark »

"Well," Gredo said after a long time of listening. "are we waiting for something?"
What is the difference between an optimistic man and a blind one?

Reality is for those who lack imagination.

Those who beg for death are destined to live forever.

I see you. I know of your intentions. I'd ask you to leave but that wasn't in the cards.....so I'll ask you to die.
Enir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Enir »

Enir taps Zan on the shoulder and leads him away from the group so they can talk privately. Then looking directly at Zan he asks; "Who or what are you wanting to kill in order to exact revenge for the death of the people who lived here? Is it someone here? Or maybe someone else?" "Iam just curious because you seem vary tense, especially around that Surge fellow." If you don't want to tell me thats fine but I want to let you know iam not buddys or partners with the others. Iam just tagging along because I have nowere else to go." "Other than that iam not to sure I trust them." "There motives are unclear, and I wonder if they are the ones I should be helping?"

OOC: I just want to add an interesting twist into the plot. Iam not useing info my character does not already know. (Just clarifying :wink: )
Thunderclaw
Game Master
Game Master

Post by Thunderclaw »

Surge looked at Dusten, and he nodded.
"Okay, the teleporter is working. We'll be there momentarily."

Thunderclaw:

Surge Aquos:
True power, no emotion

Dusten Aquos:
Miguel
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Miguel »

Zan shrugged and then turned to see if the rest of the group was watching him. They didn't seem to be.

"There's a reason I'm tense around Surge, a good one too. He nearly got me killed in the HR camp, and the only reason I haven't tried killing him is because I'm desperate for help. He's the only one I can rely on for help, right now. I don't trust him, though. My people have been fighting a two front war, one against the HR, and one against everything else, including your own species. It's been a war of survival. I'm starting to question whether this so called 'end to the Human Regime' is such a good thing. I'm starting to think that Surge and his kid may want to take the power for themselves, might be trying to wipe out the humans for good. If I had any other options, I wouldn't hesitate to kill him, but I have no chance against his group, and plus he has that alien-thing on his side now. If things continue the way they are, I'll do whatever I can to stop him and his friends, try to get answers about what has happened to my people, but for now I have to work with them, just think, make a plan." Zan looked back to the group behind him, nervously, and then looked back to Enir. "We seem to be in a similar situation, Enir. We're both distrustful of Surge and his supporters. Are you willing to help me?"

Zan moved to a nearby rock and seated himself, waiting for Enir's answer.
wolfward
Legendary
Legendary
Additional Details: Therian and you'll never stop me.
Mood: Angry

Post by wolfward »

OCC: Yeah Blackwolf, I know how you feel. I guess I go and chase a mailtruck in my spare time. Or whatever.... hwlwnk
Therian(The Animal Inside)
Why do people say they care?
And never ask of your despair?
Why do people say they know?
Then off the cliff and down they go.
Why do people think they're glad?
When deep down inside they're truely sad?
Why am I the only one who sees?
I guess that no one else believes. :(

by Me
Enir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Enir »

"I am willing to helpanyone in need, and I cetainly don't approve of the extinction of an entire race just because one person does not like them." "And as far as the alien goes, he is here for a sample of some animal that is supposedly still alive." "He has yet to tell me what animal it is." "Do not worry though, what we have discused here stays private" "Alright well Iam going back so they don't start getting suspicios." "Ill go this way and then 2 or 3 minutes later you go the other way" Slowly Enir rejoins the group and loads his stuff onto his back. Then tells Surge "Iam ready to go when you are."

OOC: Come on you others. Post!!!! Even if it's just to say your character stepped on a bug and got stung. Don't let yourselvs be drug along everywere. Do something!!!! And besides it makes it more interesting.
Goliathe Dark
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Inquisitor

Post by Goliathe Dark »

((OOC: Yeah, sorry. I would post, normally but I think my attention span might have gone with the spring. I'll write down something eventually. :) ))
What is the difference between an optimistic man and a blind one?

Reality is for those who lack imagination.

Those who beg for death are destined to live forever.

I see you. I know of your intentions. I'd ask you to leave but that wasn't in the cards.....so I'll ask you to die.
Miguel
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Miguel »

Zan responded, "Got it."

He watched as Enir moved away, and once the area was relatively clear he pulled a blood stained picture from his jacket's pocket. It was the picture of his dead wife, a thin blond headed woman with blue eyes. In the picture he sat beside her, holding a machine-gun. Her head was leaned against his shoulder. It was the last time he had seen her before she was killed. That was the last time he had ever fought in a true battle, the last time before he fled. He began crying.

"Who would have thought it would come to this, Amy? Who would've thought that werewolves were real, and demons, and all of these creatures that you only heard about in books?" he smirked. "I wouldn't have, that's for sure. You probably wouldn't have either. But I think they're trying to wipe us out, the aliens and the werewolves, and all of the others. It's like we're being punished for something, those of us that are still alive. Yeah, sure, maybe we've made mistakes, but why end us like this? It isn't fair. Not all of us are bad people. Somehow, though, Humanity has managed to survive; our species is stubborn like that. I can't let them die, not those of us that are left. I have to stop the ones that want to kill the last of us. You would have wanted that, Amy."

Zan lowered the picture back into his pocket and stood up, brushing some dirt from his pants. He quickly wiped the remaining tears from his eyes and picked up his gun. The group was preparing to leave, preparing for something that he wasn't quite sure about. Quickly he signaled for the robot, which was hovering nearby, to follow him, and it did. He walked back to the group. Clearing his throat, he spoke.

"So we're going?"
Thunderclaw
Game Master
Game Master

Post by Thunderclaw »

Dusten activated the device. Suddenly, a large burst of light engulfs all of the people there. Shortly, as the light clears, the group is shown to be in a metallic hallway. There is a room ahead with sounds of people inside. Surge approaches the room and walks inside, shortly followed by Dusten. "Hello, Archangel!" Came a shout from inside the room in Surge's voice.

Thunderclaw:

Surge Aquos:
True power, no emotion

Dusten Aquos:
Enir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Enir »

Tapping Zan on the shoulder Enir wispers "Well that wasn't vary smart of him." "He nows there are possable enemies in here and he goes shouting and gives our position away" "Stay close." "Don't worry human I have your back covered." Sniffing the air Enir notices the smell of blood and dead bodies. After a while he then follows Zan and the others with his sword drawn and a bolo out, ready for any surprises.