Looking for players for a playtest.

The place for anything at all...
Wingman
Game Master
Game Master
Custom Title: Dastardly ne'er-do-well in search of a lickspittle

Looking for players for a playtest.

Post by Wingman »

For the last while I've been working on a game system and I'm beginning to feel the urge to find out if these random numbers and words I've been throwing together make any sense when put into practice. Ideally I'm looking for around 4-6 players, though I'm really willing to settle for whoever I can get right now.
The exact platform of the game(where and how it will be played) largely depends on what works best for everyone, I'm willing to do forum, instant messenger, email, or even voice chat.
The exact starting date of the game will depend on what's best for whichever players sign on, and is rather negotiable.

I am looking for players who would be interested in learning and testing this system with me. As a basic synopsis of the system, it's using a d6 base, and the setting is by-and-large Fantasy, set within a cosmos I'm fluffing out. Complexity-wise, I'd rate it as pretty straightforwards, and a solid and efficient system is my mindset for this system. As far as specifics go, such as the ability to create and play the type of character you want, from gnome engineer to sentient suit of armor, to glowing cloud of lights, the answer is yes. You can play a professional pen repairman if that's what you're interested in. Humans are the most prevalent species however, as that seems to work out pretty well for everyone else.

I'm withholding the exact details of the system until people start expressing interest, quid pro quo. If you're curious, ask, I just don't want to waste time posting walls of text here and scare everyone away because they don't want to read through five pages to get the one sentence they need.
http://stevebot-7.deviantart.com/
Quod sumus hoc eritis

Aspirant writer-artist.
Silent Hunter
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: PACK IS CREDIT TO TEAM!
Mood: Ruthless

Re: Looking for players for a playtest.

Post by Silent Hunter »

I will be a good guinia pig if you want me to.
"Religion and politics
Often make some people
Lose all perspective and
Give way to ranting and raving and
Carrying on like emotional children.
They either refuse to discuss it with reason,
Or else they prefer argumentum ad hominem,
Which is a hell of a way to conduct a discussion."
Wingman
Game Master
Game Master

Post by Wingman »

Anyone else interested? I've gotten two other players from the other forum I'm soliciting, so that's 3 right now. I would prefer between four and six for the ideal sized group. There are some great people here on the pack, and I'd hate to have to pick up some complete strangers from a different forum for this.
As that thread has garnered the most interest, it has gotten the most information.
http://dicefreaks.forumz.cc/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=2309
If you care to check it out, I don't feel it's necessary to repost the stuff. I just checked, and you should be able to read the thread without needing an account.
Quod sumus hoc eritis

Aspirant writer-artist.
Grayheart
Game Master
Game Master
Custom Title: The Striding Stranger

Post by Grayheart »

Well, as I said some times before in the New World Thread - I like your system, as far as I know it so far. So count me in for another try - maybe I'll use Sasha again with some changes - depends on your setting then, since I'm sure that'll be a little bit more complicated than just the real world with hidden magic users and shapeshifters like in the New World RP.

As for the kind of platform to play on - I think, forum-based is best for me, since I'm sure it'll be pretty complicated to find a time at which all players have time to play let's say, in a live chat type of game.
In wildness is the preservation of the world
So seek the wolf in thyself!

(Metallica - Of Wolf and Man)
Silent Hunter
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: PACK IS CREDIT TO TEAM!
Mood: Ruthless

Post by Silent Hunter »

I am with Greyheart on that. Email is a bit impratical unless you used something like Google Docs and instant messenger can potentially scew over people who are on different timezones. Forums let you post whatever time, are easy to use in an RP and will let you edit any mistakes.
"Religion and politics
Often make some people
Lose all perspective and
Give way to ranting and raving and
Carrying on like emotional children.
They either refuse to discuss it with reason,
Or else they prefer argumentum ad hominem,
Which is a hell of a way to conduct a discussion."
Wingman
Game Master
Game Master

Post by Wingman »

Glad to have you back, Greyheart. Counting you, I now have 4 players signed on, enough that I am going to officially light a fire under myself and get this information assembled into a readable and coherent whole.

Also, yes the setting is a bit more complicated than it was in the New World thread. However, I am taking heavy notes from real-world societies and cultures and such, but rearranged and mixed and matched. Chances are that Sasha will work with minimal alteration, though you may see something else you particularly like when I get the information up.
Quod sumus hoc eritis

Aspirant writer-artist.
Baphnedia

Post by Baphnedia »

Hmm. Well, as I told Silent Hunter last night (when he invited me), I'm sorta here, and sorta not - to help you out. I'd love to play test, but, I'm also tidying up my second RPG, and am still tweaking it a little, now and then. I expressed that if I saw something that I liked better in your system than in my own, I could find myself in a compromising situation.

We both want to make the best games we possibly can. As a fellow Pack member I have a deep desire to help you test your game. However, I do all I can to keep what I'm creating original... I'm still on the fence, because I'd love to have some fun - but I can't shake the feeling that for me, it could be a conflict of interests. When I have my second RPG published, then it might not be the same problem...

We'll see. If you want to recruit a few more players, you might find some in #paradice (same IRC server) and/or on my forums. Its the best I can do for the time being. If they show any doubt that I extended an invitation, just send them a link to this post. :)
Everyday should be Towel Day.
Sekrit Identity: What?
Paradice Games: .com, Forums & Facebook
Wingman
Game Master
Game Master

Post by Wingman »

If you did decide to join up that would be fantastic, but I can understand why you might not. As is I have 4 players(Omegalith and Mr.Hammerstars from Dicefreaks, and Silent Hunter and Greyheart from here at the pack) and that is the standard RPG group size, anyone else is icing on the cake.
Quod sumus hoc eritis

Aspirant writer-artist.