Someone apparently doesn't like ITunes. :blink:
Wingman
Game Master
Game Master
Custom Title: Dastardly ne'er-do-well in search of a lickspittle

Re: All downloaded music is stolen

Post by Wingman »

Hahaha.

Gotta love when you let people do stuff like this would having it reviewed by someone who isn't going to get fired for anything less than effulgent praise of it.

Pretty soon they're going to put out a PSA telling you that the floor is slippery when it's wet, and thus you're no longer allowed to mop the floor because you may slip and be injured. Those who mop floors while others are present are now terrorists, etc.
http://stevebot-7.deviantart.com/
Quod sumus hoc eritis

Aspirant writer-artist.
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

Based on a number of slash-dot "articles" I've read, I've come to the conclusion that:
1> Yellow Journalism is alive and well on the internet.
2> Slash-dot could make the local weather prediction seem like the end of the world.
3> Slash-dot is either a satire blog or it's put out by a group of people who still throw tantrums when told "no".
4> Slash-dot should not be believed, unless you are also a conspiracy theorist cum paranoid with overtones of chicken little thrown in.
:P
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

RedEye wrote:Based on a number of slash-dot "articles" I've read, I've come to the conclusion that:
1> Yellow Journalism is alive and well on the internet.
2> Slash-dot could make the local weather prediction seem like the end of the world.
3> Slash-dot is either a satire blog or it's put out by a group of people who still throw tantrums when told "no".
4> Slash-dot should not be believed, unless you are also a conspiracy theorist cum paranoid with overtones of chicken little thrown in.
:P
Any news source is going to be biased, I don't take it without a grain of salt.

However...

The article itself is tame compared to the site they got the story from in the first place. (Warning: EXTREMELY Flash heavy.)
Baphnedia

Post by Baphnedia »

Ok. Here's a few things on this:

#1: This video is hosted and being run (publicly?!) by Pacific Command, within the Department of Defense. So, the claim is bunk, without much more proof, that The Whole Federal Government is being told that downloading music is stealing. Given the type of video, it might be a DOD-wide video, but this particular course is not further disseminated than that.
#2: Conduct on government equipment is highly, highly regulated (even if its not always enforced). Downloading any music, unless it is a direct requirement to perform your job (which 99.9% of folks operating gov't computers can't claim to do), is stealing; not necessarily stealing the music, but misappropriating (aka 'stealing') government resources (electricity, time, bandwidth), does count. It's all about context.
Everyday should be Towel Day.
Sekrit Identity: What?
Paradice Games: .com, Forums & Facebook