SPLICE : You guys will dig this

Talk about movies, and whatnot, upcoming flicks, and current releases.
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

SPLICE : You guys will dig this

Post by MattSullivan »

From Guillermo Del Toro. Scroll down and look at some of these pics
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/34683
lone-wolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Fursona Of Taras WolfMoon

OMG - Wow

Post by lone-wolf »

That looks totally awesome, cant wait for the release, its going to be so cool
"The Wolf Is The Strength Of The Pack And The Pack Is The Strength Of The Wolf"
~~Rudyard Kipling
IndianaJones
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Anime/Furry/Disney Fanatic
Additional Details: I like transformations and humans being turned into animals, furries, and monsters.
Mood: Relief

Post by IndianaJones »

Hmm...interesting.
Disney/Disneyland fans and theme parks!
http://micechat.com/

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ZanderFox/
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Freaky yet cool!!! :o
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

Looks interesting; I'll see it when it comes out :)

Hope it doesnt turn into some dumb action movie. Like, the mutent lady goes crazy and goes on a killing spree, so the main character normies must stop her. With lots of explosions of course. :P (anyone else getting a 'Species' vibe?)

The creature looks pretty cool. Not so sure about the head though. Looks more like an alien than a human-animal mix....was also hoping that there would be more than one genetic experiment. Oh well.
KittyRose
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Spotted Feline Writer

Post by KittyRose »

The designs of the creature did grab my attention. I would really like to see this when it comes out :D
DeviantART
Meez

:wolfpaint: Avatar created by Z
Doruk Golcu
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Doruk Golcu »

Silverclaw wrote:Looks interesting; I'll see it when it comes out :)

Hope it doesnt turn into some dumb action movie. Like, the mutent lady goes crazy and goes on a killing spree, so the main character normies must stop her. With lots of explosions of course. :P (anyone else getting a 'Species' vibe?)

The creature looks pretty cool. Not so sure about the head though. Looks more like an alien than a human-animal mix....was also hoping that there would be more than one genetic experiment. Oh well.
A reasonable fear, but Del Toro has been doing good things with the horror/action genre.
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

That lady looks like a kangaroo/human hybrid.
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets
Mood: Indifferent

Post by MoonKit »

Probably should have put a nudity warning but other then that it looks interesting.
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
IndianaJones
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Anime/Furry/Disney Fanatic
Additional Details: I like transformations and humans being turned into animals, furries, and monsters.
Mood: Relief

Post by IndianaJones »

Yet, Hollywood and the Illuminati are putting up some nice genetic manipulating symbolism to the public. Have fun! Reptilians and humans alike.
Disney/Disneyland fans and theme parks!
http://micechat.com/

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ZanderFox/
Dreamer
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Dreamer »

IndianaJones wrote:Yet, Hollywood and the Illuminati are putting up some nice genetic manipulating symbolism to the public. Have fun! Reptilians and humans alike.
Ya know, I heard that the original stories about the Reptillians in a sci-fi magazine were amde by a schitzophrenic who used them to explain the voices he always heard.
XIV
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets
Mood: Indifferent

Post by MoonKit »

Dreamer wrote:
IndianaJones wrote:Yet, Hollywood and the Illuminati are putting up some nice genetic manipulating symbolism to the public. Have fun! Reptilians and humans alike.
Ya know, I heard that the original stories about the Reptillians in a sci-fi magazine were amde by a schitzophrenic who used them to explain the voices he always heard.
The Reptilian thing never really flew with me because people were mostly just claiming any political leader that they didnt like was one. :roll:
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
Blue-eyes in the dark
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The doomed Chocolate lover.
Mood: Happy

Post by Blue-eyes in the dark »

what the heck is with the wings thou? :? Is it to look like a modernday harpy? ??
I must say thou that aside from the harpy-esk-ness i'd go to see the movie. :)
Reading an distributing copies of "The Werewolf's Guide to Life: a Manuel for the newly bitten" Help, where it's needed.
Fullmoonstar
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: ...for science

Post by Fullmoonstar »

:o Wow...these Creatures look really weird.....but cool and interesting in some way too... :D
never stop dreaming. Otherwise your dreams will never come true.
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Re: SPLICE : You guys will dig this

Post by Silverclaw »

Anyone here know whats going on with this movie? It says on different sites that it will be out on Sept. 30th, but I can't even find any trailers for it anywhere ?? You'd think if it was coming out(even for a limited release) in less than a week a trailer would be out by now.
Wingman
Game Master
Game Master
Custom Title: Dastardly ne'er-do-well in search of a lickspittle

Post by Wingman »

Hmm, I've checked a handful of spots and havn't found a trailer yet either, just a few "Coming Soon." notes.
Anyways,
OM NOM NOM NOM
http://stevebot-7.deviantart.com/
Quod sumus hoc eritis

Aspirant writer-artist.
TakeWalker
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The big one-one

Re:

Post by TakeWalker »

Silverclaw wrote:Hope it doesnt turn into some dumb action movie. Like, the mutent lady goes crazy and goes on a killing spree, so the main character normies must stop her. With lots of explosions of course. :P (anyone else getting a 'Species' vibe?)
To my knowledge, that's what it's supposed to be. From the summary I read, this here animal-human hybrid goes through puberty and becomes some kind of hormonal killing machine, in love with the male scientist. But I read that a while ago, things may have changed.

On the other hand, that's not what I think of when I hear 'animal-human hybrid'. :( She's not furry enough!
Berserker
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Berserker »

Looks interesting. Very provocative creature effects... I think that if we were to create a human-animal hybrid using the genetics technology of the near future, that's probably what it would look like. A fairly sobering thought for anyone excited about the prospect of creating "anthros" through genetics.
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Re:

Post by Terastas »

Morkulv wrote:That lady looks like a kangaroo/human hybrid.
*shrugs* Nothing wrong with that if she's supposed to be deadly. From Tank Girl to Tekken, the best results have always come from kangaroos.

But, uh. . . Yeah, the creature itself looks really cool, but the "plot" looks like it won't do anything good with it.
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

I just hope it doesn't turn into yet another cautionary tale about how perfect humans are as-is, and how we're not supposed to fidget with DNA, because it is completely immoral to tamper with nature to, say, cure cancer, or end chronic pain diseases. Just once, I want to see a movie that actually advocates genetic engineering on humans. I can't be the only one in favor of it. Am I a mad scientist?
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

Scott Gardener wrote:I just hope it doesn't turn into yet another cautionary tale about how perfect humans are as-is, and how we're not supposed to fidget with DNA, because it is completely immoral to tamper with nature to, say, cure cancer, or end chronic pain diseases. Just once, I want to see a movie that actually advocates genetic engineering on humans. I can't be the only one in favor of it. Am I a mad scientist?
The sad thing is that movies like this tend to be interpreted the wrong way by both ends of the aisle. Scientific progressives will see this as being another rehashing of the "don't mess with Mother Nature and/or God's work" script while the fundamentalist nutjobs are going to demand that these movies be banned and/or boycotted for even daring to insinuate that Mother Nature and/or God's work can be tampered with. :P

It probably also doesn't help that studio execs often only see things as belonging to a single genre formula, so if you mention "human hybrid," they almost always assume "horror movie."

The only possible example I could think of where virtually every result of genetic tampering turned out good in the end was the Rippers from the movie Tank Girl. And the only movie I know of involving a highly evolved human that was more virtuous than the humans around him was the titular character in the movie Powder, who was created as a fluke of mother nature, not as a result of scientific tampering.

But yeah, if you try to write anything about genetic engineering, most studio execs and viewers alike will assume this is the angle you're going with. This upcoming movie looks to be no exception.
Berserker
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Berserker »

Avatar puts a positive spin on half-human/half-alien
TakeWalker
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The big one-one

Post by TakeWalker »

Terastas wrote:The only possible example I could think of where virtually every result of genetic tampering turned out good in the end was the Rippers from the movie Tank Girl. And the only movie I know of involving a highly evolved human that was more virtuous than the humans around him was the titular character in the movie Powder, who was created as a fluke of mother nature, not as a result of scientific tampering.
Wow, someone else remembers Powder. :O That movie was so weird.
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

TakeWalker wrote:Wow, someone else remembers Powder. :O That movie was so weird.
Only one of three movies that ever got me seriously teary-eyed (the other two were Big Fish and Pom Poko).

Not familiar with Avatar, but I can think of a few that might blur the lines here and there. There's an anime called Utawareumono which starts off looking like an alternative fantasy world, but is actually a post apocalyptic sci-fi world where only the demi-humans created as a result of such tampering survived the apocalyptic plague. . . Which is heavily implied to have been a result of said tampering.
Wingman
Game Master
Game Master
Custom Title: Dastardly ne'er-do-well in search of a lickspittle

Post by Wingman »

I started watching Utawareumono a few months ago, but I guess somewhere along the lines I stopped keeping up with it.
http://stevebot-7.deviantart.com/
Quod sumus hoc eritis

Aspirant writer-artist.