Apocalyptic earth: gaming thread

Here you can role-play as your favorite character in a structured and planned environment that requires commitment from players and storytellers alike.

Moderators: Silvermoon, Silver Predator Wolf, Wingman, Thunderclaw, Grayheart

Miguel
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Keep it Copacetic!
Mood: Happy

Re: Apocalyptic earth: gaming thread

Post by Miguel »

Zan watched as his vision began to blur and turn red. The world around him was becoming quiet, peaceful in a way. Voices began filling his head.

FLASHBACK:

"Carson...get up...move!" a nearby voice spoke.

Zan's ears were ringing. Something had hit him hard. He was moving, but at the same time he wasn't, almost as if he was floating. Something cold ran over his face.

"Carson, talk to me!" the voice spoke again, this time much clearer than before.

Zan lifted his head, instantly finding the source of the voice. The soldier from the destroyed house was knelt next to him with his back to the wall. Within seconds, the wall began moving, and the soldier began dragging Zan by the collar of the shirt, trying to maintain cover behind the wall. A loud roar began building in the air, nearly deafening Zan once more, and then stopped, followed by a loud explosion.

"Eagles; take cover," the soldier screamed towards another group of soldiers. He looked to Zan. "Carson, get on the tank, now!"

Weakly, Zan stood up and then seated himself on what he previously thought to be a wall. He had no idea what was going on.

"Carson, take this gun!" the soldier spoke and handed him a machine gun. "Stay low. Keep your head lower than the tank's turret. They've got snipers in the hills."

A motor-like hum arose from the tank, and then an explosion sounded as a shell was launched in the direction of the distant hills. Again they began moving forward. The soldier disappeared from sight. A few moment later, two other soldiers seated themselves on the tank, both bleeding.

The tank began to turn. Seconds later, Zan saw a sight that he never wanted to see. New Richlend was up in flames. Helicopters circled above it, firing missiles in every which direction.

The tank stopped and a group of Richlendian soldiers approached. Leading them was an elderly man in a officer's uniform. They gathered around the tank.

"Alright, this is it, boys!" the elderly man spoke. "We're hitting them with everything we got. There is no going back this time! We're the ones that will be going down in the history books, boys, the ones that will be known for saving our nation. HR is nothing; they mean nothing. They, just like everyone else that has invaded our lands, are going to be driven back! Let's make our nation proud, boys!"

The group began cheering and the tank continued moving towards the city once more.

END OF FLASHBACK.

Zan blacked out.
Flatline
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: More to me than what your eye sees
Additional Details: Gender on profile no longer specified. Reason: There is no genderqueer option.

Post by Flatline »

for the first time in the past year alythe felt bad about her actions towards humans. and seeing the hr attack the wounded human made her realize that he was on their side. alythe raced to the wounded humans side and quickly healed his wound, then dragged him inside as a way of making amends.

alythes ring of fire was being put out by another ship. and tanks were moving their way.

alythe yelled out, "everyone out and hide! they got tanks! ill cover you and take care of the tanks!"
Friendship is a precious thing.... Until it is abused and you are rendered unloved. Few remain at my side, one of them is the most compassionate man I have ever met. I love you silver1, thank you for being at my side when i need you the most. I will try, if only for you.
Goliathe Dark
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Inquisitor

Post by Goliathe Dark »

((OOC: He stowed away....))

Several boxes of supplies had toppled onto Kayne during the hard-hit to the ship, abruptly ruining any sleep he had gotten. He growled, annoyed.

Getting up after the ship had landed hard, he walked toward a small window stationed at the far end of the room; he was nearly alarmed to notice more than a few soldiers armed to the neck and aiming toward several others--presumably the ones whom had been running the ship, as the werwolf he had spoken to earlier was among them.

He walked calmly toward the exit door, pausing briefly behind a privy door as several of the soldiers carried a body from the control deck. It seemed to be moving slightly in their hold which, Kayne supposed, made sense. The Human Regime has always been so moral when it came to their enemies. That kind of mercy wouldn't be found in his home.

After waiting several minutes; quietly checking for any guards that might be stationed at the doors, he again took his ample time in walking through the building toward the exit. On his way, he had noticed several quite damaged sections of the ship; unfortunately the control deck was one of these. We won't be flying out of here on this ship.

Once he had approached the exit door, he stopped. Before he went outside, however, he gazed out of the door's window to check how many more of the humans were left unkilled; there were quite a few still entering the battlefield as he looked on.

The opposing faction seemed to be fending off well, including one werwolf whom caused him to worry, almost; it had been able to use fire to it's advantage in the battle. This factor gave him much more to consider later.

They obviously had some sort of engineer. he thought. It would probably be someone with lower physical advantages than the others. But the majority were using guns. He thought for a moment, then opened the door just enough to let air through. He smelled the outside air deeply, took a moment to familiarize the scent, then smiled. The human.

He sighed and was about to go onto the battlefield when the werwolf-of-fire burst through the door carrying the human into the cover of the ship and set him on a relatively soft leather operating chair.

Kayne walked to the nearest sink (not pausing but still not rushing); filling his cupped hands to
the brim with water, he waited until the werwolf had exited before turning it into an icy slush in his palms. he then splashed it on the human's face in an attempt to wake him. He abruptly woke from his daze .

"Sir," he spoke in the more respectable fashion humans usually deemed appropriate. "Allow yourself to be mended and to stay withing the ship, I have a strategy that may prove successful for you and your comrades.......I will answer any unnecessary questions you may have at a less-urgent time."

He paused, allowing him to compose himself after his unconsciousness and reply.
What is the difference between an optimistic man and a blind one?

Reality is for those who lack imagination.

Those who beg for death are destined to live forever.

I see you. I know of your intentions. I'd ask you to leave but that wasn't in the cards.....so I'll ask you to die.
silver1
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: guardian of wolves
Additional Details: When it hurts to look back,and your scared to look ahead you can look beside you and your best friend will be there.

Post by silver1 »

Fang looked over to Alythe. "Thank you for that,i really thought i was a gonner." he said and then turned to Ana. "Don't worry,i won't die that easily. he said "It will take more than that to kill me." He said quickly moving to where Zan and Alythe where. "You need a hand Alythe?" he asked as he grabed a nearby gun and began firing on the soldiers walking along side the tanks.
If you talk to the animals,they will talk to you and you will know each other.If you do not talk to them,you will not know them and what you do not know you fear,and what one fears one destroys.

Greater love hath no man than to lay down his life for a friend.

You say werewolf like its a bad thing.

http://cmrpg.net/turn.php?cid=131877&serv=1
Miguel
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Miguel »

Zan awoke, coughing, feeling as something cold hit his face. Weakly, he lifted his hand, and then opened his eyes, trying to familiarize himself with the new surroundings. How was he still alive? Why hadn't the bullet wounds killed him? More importantly, where was he?

He crawled forward a few inches, listening to the sounds of explosions in the distance. There was fighting occuring outside. Suddenly, he caught the sound of someone's voice. He wasn't alone.

"What strategy?" he questioned, chuckling. "Can't you see that we're finished. Those werewolves are the only ones keeping us alive. They can only fight for so long, and then the HR will come here and kill us. All we can do is wait. But if you really believe your plan will work, go ahead and try."
Thunderclaw
Game Master
Game Master
Custom Title: Lycan Lord of Thunder
Mood: RAR!

Post by Thunderclaw »

"Only werewolves, Zan?" Surge walked towards him. "I am not a werewolf, and don't give up yet. We always have a chance."

http://www.youtube.com/user/SurgeAquos

Thunderclaw:
One wolf, One purpose, One life

Surge Aquos:
True power, no emotion

Dusten Aquos:
Impatient, unlucky, or is he?
wolfward
Legendary
Legendary
Additional Details: Therian and you'll never stop me.
Mood: Angry

Post by wolfward »

OCC: Hey, I'd like to join up to this again, I've been inactive to this rp for a while, but I must say that it is will be hard for me to post over the next couple of weeks, so bear with me. But seeing as I've missed alot of the story, a short blip of where we are and what's going on would be nice. Thank you.
:howl:  :oo
Therian(The Animal Inside)
Why do people say they care?
And never ask of your despair?
Why do people say they know?
Then off the cliff and down they go.
Why do people think they're glad?
When deep down inside they're truely sad?
Why am I the only one who sees?
I guess that no one else believes. :(

by Me
blackwolfhell
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Black Wolf Hell

Post by blackwolfhell »

"Thanks," Blade said, standing, his arm was pretty cut up
Release all that you hold dear, and become the night.
Werewolves don't get high on drugs, they run

Pet's name: Heyoka
Adopt your own!
SnowwolfTalian
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: She-Wolf
Additional Details: I'm stubborn but gentle. Im kind but firm. I'm extremely loyal to my pack. I don't take crap. Who wants to play?
Mood: Indifferent

Post by SnowwolfTalian »

"Alythe! We need you!" I yelled.

I jumped as another big bang went off. Just what in the world were they firing anyway?
"If you could only see the beast you've made of me
I've held it in, but now it seems you've set it running free
The Saints can't help me now
The ropes have been unbound
I hunt for you with bloodied feet across the hallowed ground."

~Florence and the Machine
Flatline
Legendary
Legendary
Additional Details: Gender on profile no longer specified. Reason: There is no genderqueer option.

Post by Flatline »

alythe heard ana yell for her, but she was already on her way. the tanks had opened fire. alythe sent fire down each of their main guns. the definately not fire proof missiles blew up inside the tanks killing humans and disabling the tanks.

alythe rushed over to ana saying, "anything else to worry about?"
Friendship is a precious thing.... Until it is abused and you are rendered unloved. Few remain at my side, one of them is the most compassionate man I have ever met. I love you silver1, thank you for being at my side when i need you the most. I will try, if only for you.
silver1
Legendary
Legendary
Additional Details: When it hurts to look back,and your scared to look ahead you can look beside you and your best friend will be there.

Post by silver1 »

Fang followed Alythe to Ana continuing to fire on the HR troops as he went. "Damn,what have we gotten ourselves into?" he shouted as he was hit in the right shoulder by a bullet fired by one of the near by soldiers.

He was killing HR troops left and right,the gunfire from the troops had began to lessen as more and more of the soldiers were killed and it made things slightly easier for fang and the others. Fang fired a few more times and disposed of the empty clip and then loaded his last one. He fired a few more times before he was shot again. This time he had been shot in the upper left arm and his leg causing him to fall to the floor next to Ana. "I will be ok...just a flesh wound." he said firing four more rounds into the incoming HR soldiers.

Some of the soldiers had made it into the building,but had not gotten close enough for close combat but Fang new it was only a matter of time. Fang grabed a shotgun that one of the sholdiers had droped and began firing at them hitting one of the soldiers in the head and blowing it off.

Fang managed to get three more shots off before he collapsed after getting shot in the right side of his chest,blood pooled on the floor around him and then everything went dark.
Last edited by silver1 on Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you talk to the animals,they will talk to you and you will know each other.If you do not talk to them,you will not know them and what you do not know you fear,and what one fears one destroys.

SnowwolfTalian
Legendary
Legendary
Additional Details: I'm stubborn but gentle. Im kind but firm. I'm extremely loyal to my pack. I don't take crap. Who wants to play?

Post by SnowwolfTalian »

I screeched as Fang went down, throwing myself onto the nearest HR soldier. God above, what had we gotten ourselves into? I jerked back as a bullet clipped my arm. Snarling, I delivered a round house kick to one in the head. Unfortunately, I didn't hear the other soldier sneak up behind me. There was an audible thunk as something hit the back of my head. I hit the ground, unconsicous.

Goliathe Dark
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Goliathe Dark »

"Then I will need your assistance, human." he said annoyed at the man's response.

"This must be done quickly and orderly," he continued. "We cannot even risk telling your comrades of this until the plan has succeeded. As you know, many of the human soldiers are likewise fitted with several recording devices so we simply can not risk it. Bare with me:"

"You and I both know there is no chance of salvaging this ship in time if we hope to live to see tomorrow. What we need to do," he pointed outside the window toward the incoming troopships. "Is hijack one of those."

"Do not worry about cover or effectiveness," he continued. "Your comrades will distract enough of them that the incoming soldiers will not notice what I have planned."

"As for effectiveness...." he said, affording himself a brief smiling chuckle, "....well, you'll understand quite soon."

He looked the human's injuries over once again. "Can you walk well enough?"
Last edited by Goliathe Dark on Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I see you. I know of your intentions. I'd ask you to leave but that wasn't in the cards.....so I'll ask you to die.
Thunderclaw
Game Master
Game Master
Custom Title: Lycan Lord of Thunder

Post by Thunderclaw »

(Wolfward, in response to you, the basic plot at the moment is an attack on the HR base)

Surge was starting to get frustrated. Not one person had even tried to make it to the building. It looked like Surge would have to pull out his ace.
"Everyone! Take cover! I'm going to destroy the entire attack force in this area with one shot, but you need to move quickly!"

http://www.youtube.com/user/SurgeAquos

Thunderclaw:
One wolf, One purpose, One life

Surge Aquos:
True power, no emotion

Dusten Aquos:
Impatient, unlucky, or is he?
NightDeath
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Darknees in your soul
Mood: Meh...

Post by NightDeath »

I wouldn't do that Surge
Pet's name: DarkMoon
Adopt your own!
Flatline
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Flatline »

alythe raced to ana's side and grabbed the soldiers neck and threw him several yards, snapping his neck in the proccess. then dragged ana inside the ship. after that she raced towards fang, healed him, and dragged him inside too.

once inside she heard the alien yell for everyone to take cover and that he was gonna take the whole army out in one shot. that was something beyond even alythe's power
silver1
Legendary
Legendary

Post by silver1 »

Fang looked at Alythe through blurred vision. "Thank...you." he said using what little strength he had to pull himself over to Ana's side "Don't...don't worry...about me...i...will be...fine." he said placing his paw over hers before passing out again.

Enir
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Enir the Werewolf
Mood: Stressed

Post by Enir »

Enir flew toward the ship, unloading rounds into the enemy as he went. After seeing ana get knocked out he was enraged and charged the on comeing force. As he did so he could hear surge in his head. "No, I will retreat no longer." he then continued his onslaught.

OOC: My posting will be eratic so, try not to do to much at once. :lol:
Enir Shadowfang [img]C://Documents%20and%20Settings/All%20Users/Documents/Thersha.jpg[/img] [img]C://Documents%20and%20Settings/Enir%20the%20%20Werewolf/Documents/My%20Pictures/into_werewolf_returns.gif[/img]
SnowwolfTalian
Legendary
Legendary

Post by SnowwolfTalian »

Once again, my head was killing me. Groaning, I rolled onto my side, running a hand through my hair. I sent a quick glance to Fang, greatful to see that he was still breathing. I heard Alythe say something about taking cover. With a moan, I managed to cover Fang's head with my arms. Please let this be over with soon.

Miguel
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Miguel »

With a painful motion, Zan stood up and moved towards the stranger with the so called plan. Nearly all of the werewolves around him were either injured or completely exhausted. The stranger's plan would have to work.

"Alright, let's try this plan of yours out," he spoke towards the stranger. He then picked up a machine gun off the ground. "I'll cover you if any HR soldiers fire at us. We need to be quick, though. Surge is going to try and kill the entire army. We don't want to be caught in the open when he kills them."
silver1
Legendary
Legendary

Post by silver1 »

Fang looked Ana in the eyes "Thank you Ana,im going to be ok,Alythe kept me from dying,now all i need is a little rest and i will be back to my old self again. Don't you worry. He said putting his arm around her neck. Ana was such a good friend to him,he would lay day his life for her if he needed to,and he was sure she would do the same for him.

"We need to get out of here." he said to Ana as he watched the fighting from one of the windows of the ship that had not been damaged in the crash.

SnowwolfTalian
Legendary
Legendary

Post by SnowwolfTalian »

I nodded my head.

"Lead the way."

Enir
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Enir the Werewolf
Mood: Stressed

Post by Enir »

Enir continued his assult on the HR soldiers. He was not going to back off or hold back any more, they had hurt ANA twice now and he was not going to give them a third chance. "If your going to blow them away do it now surge, don't worry about me If I die, no one will care." Enir used the last of the rounds of the minigun and threw it down. Drawing both his swords he continued, ignoreing the few bullets that managed to hit him.
Enir Shadowfang [img]C://Documents%20and%20Settings/All%20Users/Documents/Thersha.jpg[/img] [img]C://Documents%20and%20Settings/Enir%20the%20%20Werewolf/Documents/My%20Pictures/into_werewolf_returns.gif[/img]
Goliathe Dark
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Goliathe Dark »

"Don't worry about my health, human" he said smiling. "I'm not as similar to you as I appear."

He started walking toward the exit, hoping the human could walk as conveniently as he could stand. "By the way," he said, not bothering to turn around. "You may want to reload your weapon."

He opened the door and abruptly changed direction leftwards toward the small group of incoming soldiers attempting to flank them and what he sought after:

It appeared to be a good-sized ship even from the great distance; optimal enough to easily seat everyone in their small unit. Considering it was meant for a quick action launch, however, he didn't imagine it would have many supplies other than munitions, but it should suffice more than adequately for the time being.

As he finished his brief examination, he looked up to the sky once and sighed. I hope this doesn't take long. Then reached downward abruptly, crashing his hands onto the ground.

As if by reflex, several mighty slabs of solid ice rose from the ground, mixed heavily with metalloids and local minerals; so much so that it seemed there were less ice than ore. The purpose of those minerals, he knew, would be to deflect any bullets that might have hit the human.

Each piece was about as thick a plaster wall and nearly covering Kayne in it's giant assemblage with enough room left for the human to enter it. It was interconnected so strangely, it seemed to defy physics. Kayne himself thought they were a masterpiece of magic.

"Enter the prisms," he said to the human as he finished the behemoth shields, his breathing more weighted than usual "They are finished."

((OOC: He doesn't control the minerals; he controls the ice which, in turn, moves them.))

silver1
Legendary
Legendary

Post by silver1 »

"Ana,you would'nt mind giving me a hand would you? Im so tired he said barily lifting his head from the floor.