Werewolf: The Apocalypse: Heart of Gaia (mouthful!) Clips!

What's hot, what's not. General Video Game discussion
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Werewolf: The Apocalypse: Heart of Gaia (mouthful!) Clips!

Post by Aki »

http://www.megavideo.com/?v=FB64INKA

Found this on FA earlier today. It's pretty much all the cutscenes from the (cancelled) 1999 WTA game. Figured you folks might want to have a watch - it's old and the graphics and therefore kinda s*** but it's entertaining in a way, though it's clear the game would've been pretty linear and thus kinda dull. Also the main character has a whiny a** voice...

But uh, yeah, it's worth a watch. Especially the bits of Garou on Garou fighting.

Oh, and in case megavideo is a pain (as it was to me), Here's a youtube of the same stuff, cut up into clips instead one big one
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Werewolf: The Apocalypse: Heart of Gaia (mouthful!) Clips!

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Ive seen a few of these videos on youtube, especially the intro. I wish someone a good developer would make this game and have it similar to Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodline. Interesting non the less, thanks for the link Aki. :D
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
alphanubilus
Legendary
Legendary

Post by alphanubilus »

Wow... that was... wow... In truth I couldn't help but keep snickering through the videos. I did watch them all. I will be honest, I am not a supporter of White Wolf nor any of their products, due to the nature of how they do business, as well as how they treat other people's properties. As for this game... eh... it might have been fun, but honestly vids aren't that great. I can forgive the in game graphics but the FMVs are nowhere near the quality that Squaresoft was producing during that same period of time.

I stayed away from their material, as I'm sure they are going to scream once HOD comes to fruition. I can safely say, that I am still totally ignorant of their works... and I will have to stay that way for now.
Chris
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Chris »

alphanubilus wrote:I can forgive the in game graphics but the FMVs are nowhere near the quality that Squaresoft was producing during that same period of time.
To be fair, Squaresoft (and Japan in general) has produced some of the best when it comes to quality CGI. I don't think it's valid to compare them like that. :P And, except for the opening cinematic, the cut scenes seemed to have been rendered with the game engine (though with some improvements).
Aki
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Aki »

Shadow Wulf wrote:Ive seen a few of these videos on youtube, especially the intro. I wish someone a good developer would make this game and have it similar to Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodline. Interesting non the less, thanks for the link Aki. :D
Watching it kinda made me glad it died, to be honest - it wasa clear this game wasn't going to be so much as a quarter as flexibile about anything as VTMB.

I mean, it might've made a fun brawler and action game, but RPG? With linear progression and a character who's already decided for me? Yeah, no.
alphanubilus wrote:Wow... that was... wow... In truth I couldn't help but keep snickering through the videos. I did watch them all. I will be honest, I am not a supporter of White Wolf nor any of their products, due to the nature of how they do business, as well as how they treat other people's properties. As for this game... eh... it might have been fun, but honestly vids aren't that great. I can forgive the in game graphics but the FMVs are nowhere near the quality that Squaresoft was producing during that same period of time.

I stayed away from their material, as I'm sure they are going to scream once HOD comes to fruition. I can safely say, that I am still totally ignorant of their works... and I will have to stay that way for now.
I'm not too familiar with the nature of WW's business, aside from the infamous furor with Underworld and all that, but I like their writers and their writers' ideas.

Also, I do believe the only FMV was the Trailer and the Intro. Everything else seemed to be in-game cutscene type stuff. But yeah, it wasn't the best. Ryan staggered about like a drunkard as he walked around and his shift was more hilarious than it was cool or scary. Starting with the head was probably not the best idea on their behalf.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Actually all those cutscenes were FMV, they just used the same ingame models to animate the characters in the clips which was a popular technique at the time for PC games. And Yeah I knew from the start the game was gonna blow, they looked like they were going for an unreal 1 type game where it may seem somewhat open world at times but it is actually linear as hell. What I was getting at is if they made the game and actually made a lot like VTMB and of course change the character, cause I am no fan of a whiny hero who can't face the facts of what he is suppose to do. As for the transformations, yeah they were pretty funny too, I was rather surprise that they made the werewolves talk in their beast form.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Aki
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Aki »

Shadow Wulf wrote:As for the transformations, yeah they were pretty funny too, I was rather surprise that they made the werewolves talk in their beast form.
Yeah, that happened alot in WTA - one of the ways this game would have been faithful to how the RPG actually plays out, haha. Little reason to use any forms but Homid and Crinos, what with Crinos being so stupidly powerful and while prone to rage it was still more than coherent enough to speak and such.
Sebiale
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Meh...

Post by Sebiale »

Waiting for the WoD MMO. :lol:
We do not stop being children when we learn of death, we stop being children when we make peace with it.
Aki
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Aki »

Sebiale wrote:Waiting for the WoD MMO. :lol:
I'm only getting that if they:
- Have playable Werewolves
- Have playable Hunters

I ain't interested in vampires, and I figure they'd butcher both Changeling and Mage in translation from P&P to Video Game. Werewolve are awesome and Hunters, well, Hunters let me be a monster-killing badass and run around with a crowbar bashing in the skull of every Edward Cullen I see. :D
Sebiale
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Meh...

Post by Sebiale »

Aki wrote:Werewolve are awesome and Hunters, well, Hunters let me be a monster-killing badass and run around with a crowbar bashing in the skull of every Edward Cullen I see. :D
Yes! :o
We do not stop being children when we learn of death, we stop being children when we make peace with it.