The Fantastic Mr. Fox is really, really good.

Talk about movies, and whatnot, upcoming flicks, and current releases.
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

The Fantastic Mr. Fox is really, really good.

Post by MattSullivan »

I LOVE the old school stop motion animation and the overall look of this film. You just want to dive through the screen and play in that world :} And yes, there's actually a wolf in it :}

I took pictures of some of the puppets they used in the film ( on display here in Los Angeles ) I just wanna pick em up and play with em. Darn safety glass. :D
Berserker
Legendary
Legendary

Re: The Fantastic Mr. Fox is really, really good.

Post by Berserker »

I wanted to see this movie really bad this weekend, since I heard it was "opening." But apparently no theater in my state is playing it until the 25th. Sigh.
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MattSullivan »

Yes, sadly it's only open in New York And Los Angeles. But take my word for it, this film is...delightful. Just watching it makes you feel like a kid again. :)
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

I am going to see this when it comes out, I been wanting to see a new stop motion animated movie again for quite sometime
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Wingman
Game Master
Game Master
Custom Title: Dastardly ne'er-do-well in search of a lickspittle

Post by Wingman »

I just might watch this today along with Avatar.

Shadow, have you seen Coraline?
http://stevebot-7.deviantart.com/
Quod sumus hoc eritis

Aspirant writer-artist.
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The one and only were-jaguarundi!

Post by PariahPoet »

Yeah, Coraline was pretty good. Kind of a rip-off on Spirited Away IMHO, but I still liked it enough to buy it. (And I'm not even a big fan of stop-motion)
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

I haven't seen it yet, but I intend to. That it's doing so well should be proof-of-concept against the Hollywood dogma that everything has to be done using only the latest cutting edge high tech CGI-rendering techniques. Stop motion isn't dead. (Gromit!!!) 2D animation is still alive and well--just ask The Princess and the Frog. And, puppeteering is alive and well, too; it's Where the Wild Things Are.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

Scott Gardener wrote:2D animation is still alive and well--just ask The Princess and the Frog. And, puppeteering is alive and well, too; it's Where the Wild Things Are.
Er. . . While all three movies were good, I haven't found anything to indicate that any of them have recovered their expenses yet. :P Even Fantastic Mr. Fox, which had a pretty cheap budget as far as animated films go, was still ten million shy of breaking even last I checked.

James Cameron's Avatar, on the other hand, had a $230 million budget and mediocre writing, yet not even a week after its release has somehow already payed for itself.
Not to take anything away from James Cameron. . . But that's just wrong. :P
Chance
Legendary
Legendary
Additional Details: There is joy in everything you do, you just have to realize it's there so you can embrace it.
Mood: Happy

Post by Chance »

Saw this Thanksgiving , morning after really. Was a decent movie, I pretty much love stop motion. Story was good, stop motion was good, humor kinda flat. Don't think I laughed once during the movie, maybe a few smiles but no giggles.
I don't know maybe it was Clooneys voice, the mono tone way he spoke throughout the movie, maybe with a bit more inflection some of the humor would have gotten a laugh. Did like the way they used cursing. :P