12%

Total votes: 25

Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Feeling primal?

Post by Anubis »

do you do to feel like an animal? you know that primal feeling. the feeling that feels wrong and right at the same time. the feeling that makes you feel animalistic.

for me, i know its weird but i tend to feel primal in cemitarys and aslo in the forests when i go camping. i'm asking bacause i kinda feel alone about this.

yes, i'm a freak can we move on?
THE GAME

My Armory
Trinity
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Midnite artist what arts at midnite!
Mood: Excited

Post by Trinity »

*grins but otherwise says nothing*

* A knowing look passes to a few others she knows*
:wolfpaint:
LinkedIn - Dev Art - Behance - Facebook Page
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
She-wolf who stalked the forums when all else sane, slept.
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anubis »

hey! don't be embarest, i'm not :D
THE GAME

My Armory
Darth Canis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Darth Canis »

Therianthropy my friend therianthropy....

http://www.geocities.com/RainForest/Can ... ource.html

just a resource i quickly dug up note i don't agree with all the ideas here just for you to get an idea see if you are feeling some of the same things.
The little girl who always wanted to fly an x wing and be raised by wolves... Come to think of it she still does.
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

I AM an animal, and I feel my primal instincts tugging at the strings in the back of my mind every day, evey hour and every minute of my life, but I answered NO because it is not to me quite the same as what you were suggesting.

I am a Human animal...a primate...a dominant, dexterous, omnivore. I am influenced by instincts that compell me to act as such. I feel instinctive desires to climb things, to hunt and gather to satisfy my herbivourous and carinvorous hungers, and walk tall to reinforce my confidence in feeling that I am at the top of the animal hierarchy, (the "Alpha" species as it were), feeling no inferiority or subservance to ANY other creature...including other humans. (Though "Jelousy" is also a natural compulsion, driving me to improve myself.) I also am driven by instinctive desires to "create" from the resources I can aquire (tools, shelter, cloth, food, art...), and to command and reshape the environment I inhabit to suit my needs and desires.

So...do I feel primal desires from time to time? Absolutely YES! ...Those desires and compulsions just are not to rip raw flesh with my teeth or run naked through the woods. (Well...not usually anyway...) Image
Last edited by Vuldari on Thu Jul 21, 2005 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

They say that when you go to sleep, your whole brain shuts down, everything except the primitive side, the animal side- Riddick
lol, but I defintely get that primitive feeling, alot of people do, they just dont admitted.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Searif
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Searif »

im quite civil myself, although when im in a forest by myself I feel a bit primal, not to much though
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

I'm with Vuldari.

I don't have a ravage animal wanting to bust out of me. No urge to hunt, to kill, none of the above.

If I do have a wolf spriit in me, its well hidden. :(
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anubis »

so your saying that i'm a therian?
THE GAME

My Armory
Darth Canis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Darth Canis »

8) From all the posts that you have said on this subject. Yes wolf marine it sounds like your a therian. Though its more of you feel then what anybody else thinks. Even on some of your posts on a subject very similar to this Goldenwolf mentioned that she thought you were a therian and she has much more experience on this subject matter then me. Though it is how you feel inside that is important check out links get information on it you would be surprised on all the views out there....

On another note...Hell yeah we all have ape-like primal urges deep within are being cuz no matter how you slice it we are human. i think that was an awesome point to bring up Vuldari hwlwnk
The little girl who always wanted to fly an x wing and be raised by wolves... Come to think of it she still does.
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anubis »

eeeeeeeeeeeeh!!!! Yes i'm a therian! i just checked it out and i have wolf inside me!!! :D I AM WOLF HEAR ME HOWL!!!! ARROOOOOOOOOOO!!!! :howl:  :oo :D
THE GAME

My Armory
Trinity
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Trinity »

*sighs*

Though no-one, not no how can tell yuo if you are a Therian or not. Its you, and your knowledge of self, that can make that self-discovery.

Just remember self-doubt is as important a tool as is acceptence. I come from an old school of thought, and am not half as cold as some that come from the same school of thought.

Don't just go around and pracing and happy about it. THINK, use your brain, discover for yourself the truths -of- self. Otherwise yuo come off seeming like a NOOBIE. yes ask questions, but word them inteligently.

http://www.were.net <-- Hazing in the extreme. They don't like people who don't use their brains.
http://www. therianthropy.org <-- simialr school of thought, different handling of new comers. a Lot nicer.

http://www.shadowsden.org/ <--- someone else I know and respect amoung the 'commmunities'

drop by my lj if you want. trin_drachewolf Read the first Entries to newest, things make better sense. :)
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anubis »

buzz kill
THE GAME

My Armory
Trinity
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Trinity »

At least I'm being nice about it ;) Yuo should see how some on were.net deal with extrme over-exhuberence. heh.

8)

Talk about buzz kill. :P
Searif
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Searif »

Trinity wrote:*sighs*

Though no-one, not no how can tell yuo if you are a Therian or not. Its you, and your knowledge of self, that can make that self-discovery.

Just remember self-doubt is as important a tool as is acceptence. I come from an old school of thought, and am not half as cold as some that come from the same school of thought.

Don't just go around and pracing and happy about it. THINK, use your brain, discover for yourself the truths -of- self. Otherwise yuo come off seeming like a NOOBIE. yes ask questions, but word them inteligently.

http://www.were.net <-- Hazing in the extreme. They don't like people who don't use their brains.
http://www. therianthropy.org <-- simialr school of thought, different handling of new comers. a Lot nicer.

http://www.shadowsden.org/ <--- someone else I know and respect amoung the 'commmunities'

drop by my lj if you want. trin_drachewolf Read the first Entries to newest, things make better sense. :)
mhm, good links I like the shadowsden one so much I joined it myself :howl:  :oo
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

wolf marine wrote:eeeeeeeeeeeeh!!!! Yes i'm a therian! i just checked it out and i have wolf inside me!!! :D I AM WOLF HEAR ME HOWL!!!! ARROOOOOOOOOOO!!!! :howl:  :oo :D

Ummmm....ok I don't get it. I'm so confused here. ??

I like wolves a lot. I always buy a wolf calender every year. I love to look at wolves in thier natural habitat. I have a few wolf items around the house. And I'm in love with these wolf emoticons.----> :)

But after doing my own research, I'm not a therian.

hmmmm......... I think its best to stay confused and stick with just being a werewolf/wolf fan.
Trinity
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Trinity »

Nothing to be confused about at all.
Not everyone is goiong to be a therian. Just because someone likes, say, cabages, does not make them a half-cabage person. ;) *chuckles*

Sadly though, some mistake their obsession with being atherian. Some mistake their ability to identify with things outside of human, with being therian. This is where a lot of the angst and agnger crop up in the various online communities. :/ *sighs*

There is no really good analogy I can find to help describe and define this difference iin mindset and outlook. That's what it is, in a very basic way. A difference in perceptions, but not of just the outside world, but of self.

For me it is different then from others I know. I have talked with, face to face, as well as online, folks from around the world. Its a stirring deep withint, a feeling of 'ohterness', of not being complete, of not fitting in. This is not to be confused with the same feelings that crop up during adolesence.

These feelings of being 'outsiders', is ( to my understanding ) based on a good deal of view point and comprehension of the world. Many Therinas ( though not all ) are envrionmentalist-minded. More so many Therians ( though again, not all ) cling to a better understand of 'place' in the natural world ( wild world ). Most therins ( again not all ) cannot deal with certain types of human behavior.

I have found a form of comapnionship with those who also claim a internal-connection that is therianthropy. Its strange.

As I have said before, i come from a colder line of thought. I am a doubter. Constantly trying to find logical reasonings behind most of my reactions and feelings.

Does that make me any less human. BAH! Such who think that way are.., *remind self to be polite* closed minded.., yeah that's it closed minded. As closed minded as they claim others to be.

I am born human, with a human brain that -allows me- to comprehand things the way I do. I just feel more intuned with things outside of what is considered 'normal' human civilaztaion. I have to deal wtih people who could never and will never understand me ( but this also go for anyone, therian or othersiwe ). No-one can truely understand ANYONE but themselves..,

and even then, we are such complex creatures that we ( as people, not just as therians ) have a hard time coming to understand ourselves at all.

Ask 10 therians what Therianthropy is about.., and you will get 11 different answers.

~~~~~~~

Edit:

Come to think of it I have a good anaology, just not as accurate. :)

If I read the Bible and talk to the Priests, that does not make me Christian.

If I read the Koran and come to understand its principles, that does not make me Muslim.

If I learn the old Jewish texts, and come to embrace the understanding of the Quballah (sp) that does not make me Jewish.

As Popeye once said: I am what I am and that's all that I am. ;)
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Trinity wrote:
Ask 10 therians what Therianthropy is about.., and you will get 11 different answers.

OMG!! I heard that phrase somewhere before.

I'll stick with being confused. :?
Trinity
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Trinity »

Heh its a good phrase. ^.^

i think one of the biggest reaons why its so confusing, is that its a personal thing rather then a codified thing.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Trinity wrote:Heh its a good phrase. ^.^

i think one of the biggest reaons why its so confusing, is that its a personal thing rather then a codified thing.

Hmmmm.....personal? To me, its a mystery. And I'm going to keep it that way. :D
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

Why do people think that acting quicker or without thought is an animal (other than human) instinct or mindset. Humans are very capaple of feeling 'primal' or reacting apon 'instinct', and ofcource the mentioned acting very quickly with little thought. This can go for everyone, therian or not.

Humans do tend to be protective of their items. Mainly because we humans have evolved through usage of our tools and we need them. This isn't just an other than human animal tendancy.
eeeeeeeeeeeeh!!!! Yes i'm a therian! i just checked it out and i have wolf inside me!!! I AM WOLF HEAR ME HOWL!!!! ARROOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
Uhhh...Okay. If quite frankly your really serious about this, please PM or AIM me.

Plus I'm always on Therianthropy.org's forums. A nice information site is www.shifters.org . Though both have a tendacy to go down for awhile. I think they're currently changing the forum right now and I don't know about shifters. They have a back up page but it's outdated.
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

I really hate the therian forums. I haven't had the best of experiences with them. Otherkin groups aren't any better, either. It's been that way for as long as I've known about the subject. Which has been...let's see...five years now? My general advice to people is read the articles, but avoid the forums like the plague. Unless you like elitist snobs who try and tell you they're not that way but then do something that just proves they are. You can't even read the posts at the Shifters.org forums without registering. And when you do introduce yourself you have to answer their list of questions - and answer them the right way - or they have a cow. Now what does that tell you?

As for the "primal feelings", who doesn't get those on occasion?
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

*Hears mooing in the background.* Yes, at T.O. we have a cow when people don't show good judgement on how and why they think they are a therian. Its for the benefit of that person and us. I find the forums great. Yet I think we should leave it at our own opinions as not to start a fight.
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

outwarddoodles wrote:*Hears mooing in the background.* Yes, at T.O. we have a cow when people don't show good judgement on how and why they think they are a therian. Its for the benefit of that person and us. I find the forums great. Yet I think we should leave it at our own opinions as not to start a fight.

This is why I'm so confused. To many different opinions.

All the web sites and forums I went to all say something different.

I'm going to stop my curiosity. Its making me climb up the wall!!

Heh, If only I can make a wolf emoticon do that. (Climb up the wall)
Trinity
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Trinity »

To maybe help clarify. Therianthropy isn't an organized set of belifs _Because_ its an identity issue.

I've been around the multitude of different communities and have heard the old arguements ( like you can't be attuned to an animal-type that's not in your geographical region. X.X ack. ). I have seen communities grow and crumble. I have been a memebr of various different levels of accoutablility with many of the different communities.., but only lightly.

I've been on the Werenet chat before the major split occured, where Sabre and Jakks had it out. I saw the rise of Crossroads and know its maintainers to a certain extent. Each has its own personality. The 'Low Tolerence' policy at some places are there because the people who run it have become jadded and cold towards folks who just can't seem to grow a brain.

I have seen the morons, the 'children', the butt hatts, the buttholes, the trolls.., adn it hurts my heart that some people would let their emotions control them over something as small as misscommunication. Of Opinions of divergent beliefs controling people just as bad as any religious cult.

What have I learned? I'm just as jadded to the general human populace as I am to the general Therian populace. Too many small-minded, closed-minded mororns.

But.., I don't let that contorl me. If I can't help someone understand, I often tell them simply that we may never agree and leave it at that.

As for Identity. As I said before, its been disscussed since before I found the newly sprung communities. I found them completely by accident and stayed off the net for a few months. Why? I was struggling with my own self-image and identity.

There were things that sung out to me, and other things that scarred the tar out of me. I was afriad for my sanity, and still am to some extents. Why? It doesn't fit into the "Normal" ( and I use that very loosely ) human paradigmn.

Yes we are animals.

But I -identify- more with wolves then I do with people. I know how cruel wolves can be, and how unbelievable human they can act at times. So it may have been an idealism at first.., adn still is for some. For me.., its a part of who I am.

If you know enough about wolves and wolf behavior, you can find a simple grounds to which you can related to me. Ceratin of my actions don't seem so strange.

For me, its about soul-identity as well as self-identity.

Others just use the short cut, and claim for themselves their favorite animal. If that were true for me, I'd be a were-horse person. :) heh. Its not about favorites, its about how yuo view yourself.

~~~~

I could go on a long and eye-sore diatribe about my own discoveries. But what I know for myself is not what another may beleive.

Think of it this way. Look at the Modern Protestant Church factions. Each has a different way of viewing what God is and is not. Of What Jesus is and is not. But they -all- hold common grounds.

Most Therinas believe, in short, that a part of them does not fit the 'human' mold. Be this a mental short in the brain ( simialr to Autism, and currently being studied ), a social response to being ostricized by humanity in general ( Outcast symdrome ), a soul-base ideal thatour souls don't hold the same 'shape' ( be it an actual 'shape' or a 'vibration, energy pattern, what ever ), or just some weird genetic screw-up. Some believe that they are re-incarnations of an animal that have retained 'soul memories'.

There are pros, cons, arguements for and arguements against all these reasons. But the singlualrity of it still manifests. We don't fit into the 'normal' human paradigmn.

Now. I will admit that a good portion of them weird me teh heck out. Some of teh Otherkin are just wacky. But I've met in persona as well as online any number of them.

one of the major thinsg I have noticed with those who I associate most often with, is that htey are -highly- intelligent, creative, and deeply spiritual or philosphocial. Rocket Scientitst friend of mine, turned vet-major.., he accepts the 'fac't that he feels a deeper kinship to the Reptile-phlyum as a whole. Others feel a kinship to specific animal breeds.

For some its a Totemic attachment.

For some its purely Philosophical. This is the catagory I fit best in.. ;)

Identity. Self-Image. Self-understanding. Relating to self and thus to the outer world at large.

Its confusing -because- its not codified. There are certain agreed upon simialrities.., but beyound that its about the self. really. :)