Repo Men

Talk about movies, and whatnot, upcoming flicks, and current releases.
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Repo Men

Post by Set »

Gevaudan
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Music Lover
Additional Details: Find me under my new username @RhyeRhythm on Twitter, Telegram, FurAffinity, Weasyl, and Furry Network!
Mood: Happy

Re: Repo Men

Post by Gevaudan »

I think both movies started production around the same time too, except Repo! The Genetic Opera was around as a stage play long before anyone wrote the script for Repo Men.
And everything under the sun is in tune, but the sun is eclipsed by the moon.

Find me under my new username @RhyeRhythm on Twitter, Telegram, FurAffinity, Weasyl, and Furry Network!
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

Good god, they're not even trying to hide their shameless ripoffs anymore.

I find it really hard to believe that both of these movies entered production at the same time. Usually when that happens, there's only a couple of months difference, but it's been almost a year since Paris Hilton got her Razzie for Repo: The Genetic Opera, and this one looks just as cheap and crappy, if not more so.

This is Disney's The Wild all over again. The only thing I'm going to look forward to from this movie is a Spill.com review.
Sevena

Post by Sevena »

i thought this movie was quite good actually.definatly did not expect the twist at the end. :)
Wingman
Game Master
Game Master
Custom Title: Dastardly ne'er-do-well in search of a lickspittle

Post by Wingman »

I liked it, and found it very amusing that I watched it and thought "Gee whiz, that's an ending that would have made The Matrix trilogy even better", and then soon after read a blog post about fan theories that make good movies even better and ithat same ending is featured for The Matrix. Read it here, on Cracked.com.

It was totally worth price of admission to see Liev Shriber go down like a chump. If the movie didn't have the particular ending that it did, then I would agree that it would be much worse overall. As is, I found it to be pretty amusing, especially when the girl tries to turn the volume up on Law's ear.
http://stevebot-7.deviantart.com/
Quod sumus hoc eritis

Aspirant writer-artist.
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

Really? You thought the ending was good? Not that they just ripped off the ending to Jacob's Ladder to try and pull a fast one at the end?

That's the impression I honestly got: that some tool that only knows how to direct shallow explodey action flicks threw on a "surprise" ending to try and hide the fact that this movie was a shallow explodey action flick.

Planet of the Apes had a surprise ending. The Sixth Sense had a surprise ending. Repo Men had a "lol u suk I got u" ending. Like clicking to watch a classic scene from The Simpsons on Youtube only to find out before the funny part that it's a screamer vid.
Sevena

Post by Sevena »

i hadn't thought of the ending in that way till now.it has been a long time since i saw jacobs ladder.now that you've brought it to my attention i can see the similarities.though i still think it was a good movie,and the ending was unexpected. :D
Wingman
Game Master
Game Master
Custom Title: Dastardly ne'er-do-well in search of a lickspittle

Post by Wingman »

Terastas wrote:Really? You thought the ending was good? Not that they just ripped off the ending to Jacob's Ladder to try and pull a fast one at the end?

That's the impression I honestly got: that some tool that only knows how to direct shallow explodey action flicks threw on a "surprise" ending to try and hide the fact that this movie was a shallow explodey action flick.

Planet of the Apes had a surprise ending. The Sixth Sense had a surprise ending. Repo Men had a "lol u suk I got u" ending. Like clicking to watch a classic scene from The Simpsons on Youtube only to find out before the funny part that it's a screamer vid.
Well, maybe not so much 'good' as not inherently bad. It probably helps that I've never seen Jacob's Ladder. I did like the ending because it was, according to in-universe situations, far more plausible than one man single-handedly murderizing his way across an entire corporation. Far more likely that he'd fail in the attempt, and that his best friend would do what he could to lessen his suffering. As a whole the movie could have been much, much better, potentially a modern-day Blade Runner. But instead it's almost entirely forgettable.
http://stevebot-7.deviantart.com/
Quod sumus hoc eritis

Aspirant writer-artist.