Are we ruining werewolves?

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
Moonstalker
Legendary
Legendary

Re: Are we ruining werewolves?

Post by Moonstalker »

Ok. In old day werewolves were evil and I guess that setting kinda stuck. I don't see why they can't be both. In my novels and others the main character is peaceful and friendly to those who are his friends. For his enemies he is the old fashioned killer. Though the plot itself is complicated so I'm not gonna say more than that my point is: why couldn't they be both?
In darkness I travel
In shadows I walk

Guided by the beast in me...
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

No reason whatsoever, Moonstalker. First, in any population you are gonna have saints and sinners; so in a werewolf population there would be the good wolves and the bad wolves. How they are presented and how they respond to the existing prejudices against them will bend things more toward the bad wolf in general situations; but individuals are just that...individual.
So a character is seen as good by his/her friends and evil by those who have cause against him/her; this is NOT unusual.
Yeah, he could be both. Everybody else is, so why not him? :wink:
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
Moonstalker
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Moonstalker »

RedEye wrote:No reason whatsoever, Moonstalker. First, in any population you are gonna have saints and sinners; so in a werewolf population there would be the good wolves and the bad wolves. How they are presented and how they respond to the existing prejudices against them will bend things more toward the bad wolf in general situations; but individuals are just that...individual.
So a character is seen as good by his/her friends and evil by those who have cause against him/her; this is NOT unusual.
Yeah, he could be both. Everybody else is, so why not him? :wink:
In the universe I've created, there werewolf is seen as a curse but there is also a great power in the mind itself. It is not uncommon that the cursed werewolf actually learns to control his/her "curse". I don't really see it too impossible and what woul'd be a better weapon than that if you live in a middle of war? :D
Actually his enemies are demons so not really sure how evil he is seen from that point of view :roll:
But if they were humans, of course he would be seen as a demon instead. Especially if it was this universe and the time when the church was having its divine bloodbath.

To the point: lets assume werewolves have their own society, own laws and codes but I don't see there is a way to make them all to follow them. It doesn't matter if these laws make the society evil of noble, always someone will rebel against it. It has always been that way.
In darkness I travel
In shadows I walk

Guided by the beast in me...