How committed are you to Freeborn?

The place for anything at all...

How committed are you to Freeborn?

I plan to see it in the theater even if I must travel, and I plan to buy the DVD
55%
I plan to see it in my local theater, if it comes locally, & buy the DVD
40%
2 - Doesn’t really care either way
No votes
3 - They’re pretty cool I guess, but they aren’t an obsession
2%
4 - I like werewolves a lot but wouldn’t want to become one
2%
Report the incident to your pack’s leaders and let them decide what to do
No votes
I am waiting until Freeborn comes to television
No votes
I do not plan to see Freeborn at all
No votes

Total votes: 47

WereDog
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Hell-hound From outer regions of pluto

Post by WereDog »

happened to me to when i bought laputa:castle in the sky. but the difference is that i wasnt cheated by a cheap price, i payd almost full retail price :x
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

Sad but true, Freeborn is the most significant thing about my life right now (sure, there's college, but I'm through ranting about why that's not likely to continue and I'm sure you're all sick of hearing about it too by now), so I would like to do much more to contribute to this movie than see it on opening day and pre-order the DVD (which I'd do anyway even if Tim Albee was replaced with Jim Hensen midway through).

Until I'm instructed otherwise though, my plans are to just continue what I've been doing and contribute as much worthwhile material to the Pack as possible.
Akugarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Something wicked
Mood: Meh...

Post by Akugarou »

I would love to go to the "World Premiere" of FREEBORN!

It would totally rock if I could just drive to the event, but I'm not opposed to flying in. I hope there is enough notice beforehand though.

DVD purchase? That's a yes!
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

They should have a freeborn werewolf action figure!! Id so buy that right away.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Goldenwolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Yes, -that- Goldenwolf

Post by Goldenwolf »

I know for sure that if there were a Pack premiere of the movie somewhere, Mitty and I would pay whatever we needed to shell out to be there, wherever it ended up being. This project is very much a part of our lives :)
Over 25% of human genes are the same as those of a banana. Get over yourself.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Goldenwolf wrote:I know for sure that if there were a Pack premiere of the movie somewhere, Mitty and I would pay whatever we needed to shell out to be there, wherever it ended up being. This project is very much a part of our lives :)
Points to goleden wolf :love: my hero
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
WolvenOne
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Right-Wing WarMongering Artsy-Fartsy Woof

Post by WolvenOne »

I'm very commited, but travel isn't easy for me to pull off so I'll only be able to see it locally unless things fell into place just right.

Typically I don't see R's but I will go see this, that's how commited I am. ;)
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

fullmoonfury wrote:I would love to go to the "World Premiere" of FREEBORN!

It would totally rock if I could just drive to the event, but I'm not opposed to flying in. I hope there is enough notice beforehand though.

DVD purchase? That's a yes!

I'm going to the world premiere no matter what!! I just need to plan accordingly.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Shadow Wulf wrote:They should have a freeborn werewolf action figure!! Id so buy that right away.
heh, I already mentioned it. That and a Figarou duckie tossing action figure. :o
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Disappointed

Post by Teh_DarkJokerWolf »

:o :o HOW COMMITED AM I ?? Are you serious :o I want EVERYTHING there is to get lck I feel kinda greedy lck But I can't help it, it's so hard to wait I hope they got shirts big enough for me :oops: Well let's just say I'm rather big boned that's all :lol: Anyways!! I hope that they bring out tons of: The Pack: memorbelia!!!! I can't wait for all of this to happen it's a great thing indeed!!!! :D hwlwnk
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

SabreWereWolfQueen_84 wrote::o :o HOW COMMITED AM I ?? Are you serious :o I want EVERYTHING there is to get lck
not if I get to it 1st. :D
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Figarou wrote:
SabreWereWolfQueen_84 wrote::o :o HOW COMMITED AM I ?? Are you serious :o I want EVERYTHING there is to get lck
not if I get to it 1st. :D
your way over your head figarou, im like to get them first. :D
Image Image
Palmaris Longus

Post by Palmaris Longus »

I would drive for as long as forty minutes one way to see "Freeborn" at an indoor theater. However, I would probably attend one of those 5 or 6 dollar weekday matinee screenings, since I am a particularly thrifty crowd-averse bastard. I would not buy anything at the concession stand; instead, I would smuggle in sandwich bags containing oatmeal, predigested liver, and/or a catfish filet. I would drive for as long as one hour and fifteen minutes one way to see "Freeborn" at a drive-in theater. A couple of weeks ago I went to the Galaxy Drive-In Theater in Ennis, Texas, which is about a two hour round trip from my home. Saw a double feature for 6 bucks and didn't have to hide food in my pockets to get in. It was a wonderful experience.

I would pay up to seventeen dollars and ninety-five cents plus tax for a copy of the "Freeborn" DVD if the following qualifications are met: 1) The DVD shall include bonus features that transcend the usual banal "making of" featurettes found on the average DVD. I'd like to see some creative, unique features that could stand alone as short films. I have no doubt that the creative team behind "Freeborn" is capable of producing something that will pleasantly surprise me in this regard. 2) The DVD package shall contain a coupon or coupons to mail in for delightful "Freeborn" related merchandise. Something beyond a static Happy Meal style figurine or a T-shirt bearing a conventional logo. An object that I would be proud to display on my desk at work and that would elicit comments such as "what the hell is that", perhaps.

I would not purchase the "Freeborn" video game. Inexplicably, my arcade game interests never progressed beyond pinball. I am a bit of a simpleton, I suppose. However, I can envision a scenario in which I am walking into an arcade on the boardwalk in Seaside Heights, New Jersey, and on my way to the neglected rusting pinball machines by the rest rooms in the back of the arcade I pass by a "Freeborn" arcade game, and out of curiosity I drop a couple of quarters in the machine just to see what that's all about, so to speak. Now, should a "Freeborn" pinball machine be licensed, I can guarantee that I would play that machine at least four times, and quite probably many, many more times.

Total "Freeborn" related expenditures:

Theatrical viewing: $6.00
DVD purchase: 17.95 + tax = ~$20.00
Pinball machine, $0.50 per game X 4 games minimum = $2.00

Jeez, it looks like I'm willing to cough up at least 28 smackaroos in pursuit of the fulfillment of my "Freeborn" oriented desires.
Koshaw
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Duckinator

Post by Koshaw »

You mean a Figarou Figure with the new Action Duckie Throwing Feature?

:ducktoss3:
Arania
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Arania »

*Grins widely* Definately committed! Certain intentions to see it in the theater multiple times and buy the DVD.

I also agree that it would be wonderful to have an officially sanctioned Pack Premier of the movie hwlwnk
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Koshaw wrote:You mean a Figarou Figure with the new Action Duckie Throwing Feature?

:ducktoss3:
yes, like this.

Vilkacis made that after I mentioned it. :lol:
Koshaw
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Duckinator

Post by Koshaw »

LOL ^^

Hmmm me needs avatar m'thinks.
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

If Freeborn is near me then I'm going to see it as soon as it comes out. None of my parents would probally be at all interested so I may end up forcing a friend to go with me. (That is if I even have any friends when I move.) I can easily get to Kentucky if its in another state, Indiana sort of a drive though. Yet I'm hoping it comes all around or atleast the nice theatre near here.

I'd plan on geting the DVD and posibly a nice poster to go in my room. Also maybe a T-shirt and the necklace. Infact I'd like to bring what ever Freeborn, pack, werewolf, or wolf related items I can wear or easily hold and carry when I see the movie.
:D
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
kindar
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
Custom Title: all roads lead to somewhere

Post by kindar »

I'm definitively going to try to see Freebron when it comes out. 'course considering my work that might be tought. regardless of if I do manage to see it in theater I will be buying the DVD.

there is no such thing as reality
http://www.livejournal.com/users/kindar/
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

I'll be sure to wear my handmade wolf tail and ears when I go see it. That may get me some stares, but it's a tribute to both werewolves and the fact I actually made something with a needle and thread that turned out decent.
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

Reilune wrote:I'll be sure to wear my handmade wolf tail and ears when I go see it. That may get me some stares, but it's a tribute to both werewolves and the fact I actually made something with a needle and thread that turned out decent.
Well I'd think it's be fun to go in a full werewolf suit, ofcource taking off the head as the movie starts. Yet I don't have one. I want to make ears for myself, yet the sewing machine is scarey, so I may end up hand sewing some.
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

outwarddoodles wrote:
Reilune wrote:I'll be sure to wear my handmade wolf tail and ears when I go see it. That may get me some stares, but it's a tribute to both werewolves and the fact I actually made something with a needle and thread that turned out decent.
Well I'd think it's be fun to go in a full werewolf suit, ofcource taking off the head as the movie starts. Yet I don't have one. I want to make ears for myself, yet the sewing machine is scarey, so I may end up hand sewing some.

I wonder how many people will actually wear a werewolf suit when they go see the film.

I know one thing, they better keep a sharp look out for Figarou!! He He!!

:Duckietoss:
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Ninja BOFH

Post by Lupin »

Figarou wrote:I wonder how many people will actually wear a werewolf suit when they go see the film.
I think it would be funnier if they put the werewolf suit on in the middle of the film, so everyone saw it as they were walking out.
I don't suffer from lycanthropy, I enjoy every minute of it! Image
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

If I could, I'd camp out in front of the theater right now for the next year or so. It would be great publicity for the movie. I do intend to catch it on opening day. I doubt we'll be lucky to have a 12:01 showing--they generally only do that with a few of the most heavily anticipated blockbusters, like Star Wars. But, I do intend to see it on opening day.

Cathey prefers to wait and see movies a few days after the rush. So, I suspect I'll see it at least twice on the big screen. And, that's not something I routinely do any more.

As for the DVD, I'd want the Pack Edition we've talked about, if such is planned.

I keep a copy of the teaser on my laptop's Desktop, so it's a click away. And, you'll never guess what wallpaper I'm using.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Scott Gardener wrote:If I could, I'd camp out in front of the theater right now for the next year or so. It would be great publicity for the movie. I do intend to catch it on opening day. I doubt we'll be lucky to have a 12:01 showing--they generally only do that with a few of the most heavily anticipated blockbusters, like Star Wars. But, I do intend to see it on opening day.
heh, you'll be breaking a record if you camped out in front of the theater right now.

Ummmm.....has anyone waited one year in front of a theater for Star Wars? I know some waited a month.