The Corsykann Gladitorium

Here you can role-play as your favorite character in a loose and informal setting.

Moderators: Silvermoon, Silver Predator Wolf, Wingman, Thunderclaw

Thunderclaw
Game Master
Game Master
Custom Title: Lycan Lord of Thunder
Mood: RAR!

The Corsykann Gladitorium

Post by Thunderclaw »

Hello all :kasa:

The rules are very simple.Player limit of 4 (2 left) (excluding me.) NO LONGER INVITE ONLY! No playing another person's character (unless permission is given, and I am shown evidence of this)

It's about an arena known as the Corsy'kann Gladitorium, the most renowned arena for the strongest fighters in existence. The idea of the arena was originally made to test Corsy'kann warriors to rank members of the army, but after an era of peace, the arena became home of the legendary gladiator Aryxus. Upon his death, the Corsy'kanns continued training the gladiators that Aryxus had taught, and made the entire arena active as a proving ground for all heroes. When the secrets of space travel was discovered, the news of the legendary arena was spread, and over time the Corsy'kann Gladitorium went from a worldwide game to galactic battleground. Time progressed further, and other universes were contacted, spreading the games further. Your role in this RP: A gladiator in the arena, whether part or full time, hero or villain, mage or warrior (you should get the picture.) No character biography necessary, just jump right in and participate. Have fun!

game post
(note, this is not my character, just an opening so people can start playing)
The crowd cheered as Aranus, the champion of the Corsy'kann Gladitorium, plunged his cold, steel blade through another beast's chest. As its body slumped, he wiped the blood off his blade and made his way to the arena exit. He needed a word with the head of the arena.

"You need to get more gladiators in. I'm a champion, not some cheap monster hunter!" Aranus spat viciously.
"I'm afraid it will have to do for a while," the arena head replied calmly, "worthy gladiators of this arena don't grow off trees, you know.
"And why can't you get any hopefuls?!"
"As a matter of fact, I already am. But obviously, they have to get to the arena first. Neither you nor I can click our fingers and make them instantaneously appear in front of us. Be patient. Wait a few more days. I'm sure they will arrive in good time."
Aranus grunted, but knew he was right. He'd have to deal with a few more easy challenges before any gladiators would arrive for the tournament. Walking back to the arena, he wondered what some of the hopefuls would be like this year. After all, as champion it was up to him to teach all the freshmen of the Corsy'kann Gladitorium the rules, and in some cases, the ropes.

http://www.youtube.com/user/SurgeAquos

Thunderclaw:
One wolf, One purpose, One life

Surge Aquos:
True power, no emotion

Dusten Aquos:
Impatient, unlucky, or is he?
Valon
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
Custom Title: Cuation, likes to bite!
Additional Details: Chases cars, has bad flees, likes to play fetch.

Re: The Corsykann Gladitorium

Post by Valon »

i see no one else is in this one. May i join in or not? :?
Brother Wolf KARN, follower of the moon
The Third of Brothers of blood, and last protector of the mark
Until then, may the moon shine bright on your back and may the game give you a challenge!
Thunderclaw
Game Master
Game Master

Post by Thunderclaw »

I'll keep you pending. I've PMed the people I want in, so once they respond to my message, I'll start adding others

Thunderclaw:

Surge Aquos:
True power, no emotion

Dusten Aquos:
Valon
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

Post by Valon »

ok, thanks
Until then, may the moon shine bright on your back and may the game give you a challenge!
wolfward
Legendary
Legendary
Additional Details: Therian and you'll never stop me.
Mood: Angry

Post by wolfward »

I want in, but, Thunderclaw, why are you all of sudden being nice to me? I'm confused about that part...
Therian(The Animal Inside)
Why do people say they care?
And never ask of your despair?
Why do people say they know?
Then off the cliff and down they go.
Why do people think they're glad?
When deep down inside they're truely sad?
Why am I the only one who sees?
I guess that no one else believes. :(

by Me
Thunderclaw
Game Master
Game Master

Post by Thunderclaw »

hahaha.

Yeah, I know Thunderclaw is evil, but on wolfen-based sites, its the name I use. and obviously, the people I invited are going to be allowed in :lol:

Thunderclaw:

Surge Aquos:
True power, no emotion

Dusten Aquos:
Valon
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

Post by Valon »

so is anyone else playing or what?
Valon
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

Post by Valon »

so do i start? or should we wait for more people?
Thunderclaw
Game Master
Game Master

Post by Thunderclaw »

Just start. Others can join in when they have a chance

Thunderclaw:

Surge Aquos:
True power, no emotion

Dusten Aquos:
Valon
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

Post by Valon »

sorry its been awhile since i logged in, i couldnt even find the site for a while.
Thunderclaw
Game Master
Game Master

Post by Thunderclaw »

Is anyone actually going to post?

Thunderclaw:

Surge Aquos:
True power, no emotion

Dusten Aquos:
Akuhyou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Akuhyou Rokuru, Wielder of Ice
Additional Details: Men are wont to suffer
And forget wherein they've sinned
Ne're hearkening back on tragedies past
Lest the Twelve might humble them
---Unknown
Mood: Disappointed

Post by Akuhyou »

I'd be willing to if this RP's still going. But I dunno if you're still only wanting it by invite-only though. You started it off pretty interesting though, Aranus seems pretty bad*** too. lol I think this has some potential to be a pretty cool RP.

But I also had another question as to what kind of species would be allowed, and magics as well. I understand its inter-galactic, but is there any specific creature one can be? Or any that one can't be?

And as for magic, I was just wondering as to what forms would be acceptable. Like elemental and all that, long as no one tries to become an uber-mage right? lol

but I suppose that's all I wanted to know really. I didn't want to be a bother or anything case my questions may be seen as that way.
He who knows he who knows not, and knows not that he knows not, is a fool, shun him; He who knows not, and knows that he knows not, is a child, teach him. He who knows, and knows not that he knows, is asleep, wake him. He who knows, and knows that he knows, is wise, follow him.
-Proverb

Man is his own worst enemy.
-unknown
3-17-10 R.I.P. Anthony
Thunderclaw
Game Master
Game Master

Post by Thunderclaw »

Well, I think I'm scrapping "Invite Only," since the outcome wasn't very effective, so yes, I'd be glad if you joined. There is no specific creature you have to be; so long as (obviously) it isn't at the "Destroy-moon-with-blink" sort of level, and the same goes with magic. Directly, the forms of magic there is are the elements; Fire, water, wind, earth, and sub-elements, ice, lightning, darkness, light, along with the arcane magic; Illusion, Telekinetic, Combat, and Buff.Finally there's Divine and Demonic magic, the most powerful allowed form. However, a player can only have one of either, and the toll for using it is vicious.

This RP is designed to be one where characters are pretty powerful, but so long as it doesn't step in to the level of Gods, its fine.

Thunderclaw:

Surge Aquos:
True power, no emotion

Dusten Aquos:
Akuhyou
Legendary
Legendary
---Unknown

Post by Akuhyou »

Ah, ok. Well I'll see about coming up with a character to use here then. I'd do it now but my laptop's in the shop and I'm stuck using my DSi which simply just will not do. I'll have something by Monday, unless I just can't resist doing it earlier.
He who knows he who knows not, and knows not that he knows not, is a fool, shun him; He who knows not, and knows that he knows not, is a child, teach him. He who knows, and knows not that he knows, is asleep, wake him. He who knows, and knows that he knows, is wise, follow him.
-Proverb

-unknown
3-17-10 R.I.P. Anthony
Thunderclaw
Game Master
Game Master

Post by Thunderclaw »

I know what you mean. My laptop's broken in some way so I have to go on public machines, limiting my time and what I can do on a computer.

Thunderclaw:

Surge Aquos:
True power, no emotion

Dusten Aquos:
Akuhyou
Legendary
Legendary
---Unknown

Post by Akuhyou »

OOC: Heh, looks like its Monday finally. Well, here it goes then. Mind letting me know if anythings needs changing?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Name: Akka Rokuru
Age: 16 years(in human terms), well over a thousand years(in dragon)
Height: 5'9"(at shoulder), 7'(at top of head), over 12' from nose tip to tail tip
Weight: 450-ish lbs
Species: Dragon, mixed hybrid
Hair/Mane Colour: Orange
Eye Colour: Green
Body/Base Colour: Red
Magic Type: Fire(major), Dark(secondary), Illusion(low leveled skills here)
Weapon: Fangs and claws, fire breath/magic, thick armour plated scales for defense. Also wields a two-handed claymore when she feels its needed.
Weaknesses: You'll just have to find out for yourself.
Home World: Earth(mid 14th century)

Bio: Akka came to the world of the Corsy'kann Gladitorium, looking for those worthy of her might. Tired of the drollery of battling against knights and mages alike, all easily bested by her strength. Kind isn't a word she readily knows, and if provoked she will rend those who offend her limb from limb without hesitation. The only person she's ever cared for, she came across in her travels across dimensions. A boy named Destend, a blind lamia, is the only person she's ever taken a liking, dare I say felt feelings of love, towards. Akka doesn't show many emotions other than those deemed as negative and is quick to speak her mind. Despite her demeanor, she never lets her emotions cloud her judgement, especially when in battle. Akka normally moves about on all fours but she can easily transition to walking on her hindlegs, her front claws completely capable of grasping and wielding weapons like her claymore. She is also capable of flight and can carry 1 1/2 times her own weight during. She is also a fast runner on all fours and her scales can withstand most attacks. Her fire breath comes from a flame carried deep within her body and as such, her body temperature is quite high. This fire, when used, is supplemented with her magic and the strength of her internal flame is a sign of her vitality.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Akka walked along at a leisurely pace, conversing with what would be deemed by most, a demon of some sort laying across her back. "Finally, we have made it to this world. Hopefully there are those here who can put up a decent fight." She growled more to herself than to her traveling companion, Destend. She'd been traveling for weeks and was just about set to lay waste to a nearby village when she'd heard some people talking about directions to the Corsy'kann Gladitorium. Seemed she was on the right world just not in the right place. She and Destend had been traveling down this dirt road for a couple days now and she was sure the Gladitorium was right around the next bend.
"Hey, you know I don't think you should be so eager to go fighting... Yes, you're strong but people here could be even stronger. You could be killed." Destend said quietly, his long tail curled about Akka's body as he lay with his back to her's, sunning himself. Akka made a sound that could be deemed a laugh. "Worried are you? Do you care that much for my safety dear Destend? Hmm?" She turned her head slightly to try and look at him but found he was avoiding her. "What? No! Of course not! Why would I be worried over someone as capable as yourself? Hmph!" He tightened his tail's grip to keep his balance as he turned onto his side, his cobra-eske hood hiding his face from view.

Akka laughed a bit more, light-heartedly, but she couldn't shake the slight feel of disappointment she felt from his words. She grumbled deep in her chest and pushed the feeling away as she came to the top of a hill. The Gladitorium standing not far off in the distance. "Ah! Finally, we've made it. Only a day's walk from here.. Or a couple hour's flight..." She thought for a long moment, knowing Destend couldn't stand to fly. She didn't feel like walking any longer but didn't want to scare him either so... "Destend, hold on! We're going for a run!" She surged forward suddenly, nearly throwing him of as she took off down the hill and let out a triumphant roar. 'Look out Corsy'kann! Your new Champion is here!'
-Proverb

-unknown
3-17-10 R.I.P. Anthony
DWDruid
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Son of Fenrir
Mood: Indifferent

Post by DWDruid »

Name: Crepuscule (Crep)
Height: 7'1''
Weight: 245
Species: Lion-Morph
Hair: Long pitch black mane with small silver streaks
Eye Color: Pure white with no pupils, glows silver or black when he uses his powers
Body Color: short white fur
Clothes: Black robe and hooded cloak with a few pieces of silve armor protecting his chest and legs
Magic Type: Light(advanced) and darkness(advanced)
Weapon: A double bladed sword with a long silver blade and a dark obsedian blade
Weaknesses: dark, lots of personal problems, slightly insane and bipolar, can change attitudes in an instant
Home World: he doesn't remember

Bio: Born into a tribe of White Mages, an oracle prdicted that he would tip the natural order of the worlds. Wanting him to tip the balance to the side of Light, the tribe elders decided to enchant him with the power of their Skoll, the god of Light. Hati, the god of Darkness heard of the child and wished to use him for his own purposes. During the boy's Enlightened Ritual, the White tribe was attacked by the demons of Hati. At a critical stage of the ritual, Hati's general killed the boy's father and used his own dark power to pervert the process. After banishing the demon, the bay's mother knew that their tribe wouldn't be able to survive the demons' assault and used thelast of her strength to send her child to safety. Appearing in a different world, the boy was found by a brotherhood of monks who took him in and named him Crepuscule. As a result of the ritual and the demon's interference, Crepuscule was given powers over the forces of Light and Darkness. Though he tried to follow the monks' path of light, he always found himself leaning towards the darkness. When he turned 10 he could no longer stand the pure light of the monks and ran away, stealing Skoll's Judgement and Hati's Fang, two ancient blades locked away in the monestary's vaults. He later fused the blades at the hilt to forge his current sword. After wondering and stealing to survive, Crepuscule arrived at Corsy'kann Gladitorium. He joined in on the collesium's battles for a steady income and soon found killing his opponets helped to ease the darkness in his heart. He never requests opponets that are too strong, fearful that it would cause his darkness t overwhelm him in the heat of battle.
Due to the ritual performed in his youth, Crepuscule has almost perfect control over the elements of Light and Darkness. With Light, he can summon bursts of pure light, fire beams of energy, create shields, and even heal minor wounds. He is also able to see and speak to spirits of light around him. The power of darkness allows him to make plumes of darkness to erupt from the ground, see the sins and weaknesses of others, and contol shadows. Shadows constantly speak to him, telling him the secrets and hidden fears of their owners. Due to the two conflicting forces within his soul, his personality can be split between clam, emotionless, and controled to dark, angery, and merciless.
===============================================================================================================================================================================================

It was his day off, but to Crepuscule that just meant a day with nothing to do. There were no activities he found of interest at Corsy'kann Gladitorium for him to do, nothing at the market that couldn't do without, and since he doesn't drink he can't spend time at the local tavern either. So he found himself once again hidden in a dark corner of the town square, watching the insignificant people strolling by in their meaningless lives. Watching the people pass, I could almost read the stories of their lives. Not by their clothes or the way they talk and act, but by their shadows. They also creep away from their owners undetected and crawl towards me, whispering the darkest secrets of those they came from, as if I cared about the man who steals from his neighbors or the woman who cheated on her husband multiple times. And no matter how many times I shoo the away,they just love to return to me. They were persistent, but not as annoyng as the spirits. Those floating little balls of pure light would never stop talking about "how nice of a day it was" and about "all the nice people we could talk to". It was enough to make me want to gag. Between the persistent shadows and never-ending spirits, I can never have a moment of silence for myself!

Just the a small roar couls be heard approaching from the south. A quick tun of the head revealed a tiny figure coming across the barren plains, but still looked to be a few hours away. Using one of their very few uses, I askked a couple of the spirits to scout the figure and report back. It took only a few moments for them to zip out into the fields and zip back. Apparently a young dragon was approaching with a naga. The dragon herself appeared to be armed, meaning that she must have come for the collisium challenges. If she is unlucky, she might have to face me in the future. And with that in mind, I turned and made my way home.
"Wolves, when you get down to it, are a lot like us.
They are powerful, aggressive, territorial, and predatory.
They are smart, curious, cooperative, loyal, and adaptable.
They exert a profound influence on the ecosytems they inhabit."
"Wolf Wars"
-National Geographic March 2010
Thunderclaw
Game Master
Game Master

Post by Thunderclaw »

(Hooray, a start! :3

Once again, just continuing the story further, introducing opportunities for the story, etc.)

The cloaked figures that had been seen on numerous occasions around the Gladitorium heard the dragon and his zealous roar from the distance of one of the Gladitorium's tower. Eleven of them in total, all in an identical, long brown cloak that most would associate with either mages or monks, keeping their faces obscure from all. Any who noticed them frequently would find them suspicious, but as frequents to the Gladitorium, they were commonly acknowledged as trustworthy.

"Sounds like this year's Tournament of Champions could be interesting," one mused, his voice slightly muffled by a fabric face-mask he wore under his hood. "It has been a long time since Dragonkind competed."

"Yes. It is a shame Corsair is no longer among us any more. The ways he could take down dragons...Unbelievable," came the voice of another, deeper voice.

A clearly female voice entered the conversation. "Hey, don't forget the tournament's individual bouts. This isn't the same as our normal fights. Besides, he may have lost to another before he fought against the Dragonkind. He was only sixth in our number..."

"...But you forget that he had much greater strength that he never used inside the guild because of our laws. His power in a tournament like this could put him in a stronger position than the one he was in the guild," continued the first voice.

"Enough." The voice was a calm, normal tone, yet strong in the way it pierced the air with its authority. "Corsair is gone. He fought valiantly while he was with us, and took pride in his work. Now, let us respect that. Remember, thinking of how things could be will get you killed if you find yourself against the wrong opponent."

Thunderclaw:

Surge Aquos:
True power, no emotion

Dusten Aquos:
Akuhyou
Legendary
Legendary
---Unknown

Post by Akuhyou »

(Ah god no... Why? Stupid stupid stupid... I had it written and I closed the browser... Its all gone, gone... Now I have to rewrite it... Lame. *sigh*)

It was sunset by the time they'd made it to the village near the Gladitorium. As they passed through Akka described some of the sights to her companion and growled at the people bold enough to stare at them as well. All seemed well and good enough until they reached the town square and Akka caught hold of a peculiar scent that sent her hair on edge with... Some new emotion she couldn't readily describe. But she certainly didn't like it, not at all. She stopped and sniffed the air, growling deep in her chest as she searched for where the smell was coming from.

Destend knew well enough that something had her riled and rather than get in her way with useless questions, he decided it was better to simply get out of her way. He slipped down from her back and moved away, going unnoticed as she was so caught up in whatever it was that had her attention. As he was backing away he bumped into a nearby food stall and decided it was as good a place as any to be. Destend may have been blind but like any other snake he could 'taste' the air around him and pick up on thermal patterns as well. He figured no was a good time to make use of those skills as he raised his head a slipped out his forked tongue. It flicked back and forth as he studied the environment around himself. There was Akka, the hottest thing in the area, then smaller people sized things milling about. Some were clearing the area, not wanting to be around the seemingly crazed creature here. Others were inside buildings, cooking, cleaning, there were children playing, he even found a couple in the act of... "Oh gross... Eugh, mammals and their constant need for breeding..." He looked away and then caught hold of something in a corner of the square.. Whatever it was, it wasn't good, obviously Akka thought so too. But something had been there but was no longer there. The corner was vacant save for a lingering scent. "Umm, Akka there's noth-" A sudden scream of fury, one he'd heard many times before but still couldn't shake the intense feeling of fear that came with it, had him suddenly silent and hiding behind the stall just as burst of fire went flying past nearby to explode in the corner of suspicion.

Akka had found the source of the scent and gave no second thought to whether she should attack or not. 'Always attack first lest you find yourself dead next', her father had taught her that and it was a rule she'd come to live by and one that had never failed her. She stalked over to the burning corner, the flames no hindrance to her and the screams of people going unheeded. She paused a moment, snorted and opened her mouth, the flames returning from whence they came.

Destend peeked out from behind the stall, deciding that it wouldn't do well for him to be separated from Akka. The villagers might seek to 'punish' him for this and by 'punish' he meant kill. He slithered over to her, feeling his way around things until he'd found her. "Akka, I think we should get going.. I doubt these villagers are gonna take too kindly to a dragon coming in and blowing up their stuff you know." Akka looked up from sniffing around the corner and huffed slightly. "I took care of the fires. Nothing is badly burned. But I suppose we should get going. I need to get signed up anyway, not to mention I'm in need to a meal. My fire hungers.. Come, let us go." She crouched down so he could get up onto her back before she turned and continued through the town towards the Gladitorium. 'Hmph, nothing was there.. **** it. I'll find whatever that creature was and burn it from existence. None threatens Akka.'

Soon the screaming had died down as people came out to inspect the damage, finding that there pretty much wasn't any to be seen. A few large scorch marks but nothing that a little paint couldn't fix. Destend rubbed the soft scales on his belly as he snickered to himself, remembering the sight he'd seen back in the village. "Hey Akka... Heheh, guess what I saw back there.."
-Proverb

-unknown
3-17-10 R.I.P. Anthony
DWDruid
Legendary
Legendary

Post by DWDruid »

After a few dark alleyways, I finally found myself outside my current home. It was a small and modest two-story house just as common as the next. Even though I made a pretty good living from the fights, I hardly ever spent my money on anything but the bare minimum of what I needed to live on. Everything else was stored away incase I would need to make a quick escape. I made my way inside and closed the door behind me. My house might have been within a bad neighborhood (not like there was any 'good' nieghborhoods around here), but the local gangs and thugs learned fast to not steal from the likes of me. I gave a short, humorless laugh remembering the first (and last) time a thief came after me, and how his screams were the only things left of him.

Returning to the living room/kitchen that made up the entire first floor of the building, I decided to fix some food before turning in. I prepared a small meal of meat, bread, and water and began to eat. As I ate, I looked outside to see the last remaining spirits and shadows hundeling around the window. The only part about my home that I truely loved was the echantment that kept all others out, making it the only time I was ever in complete silence. CLeaning up from my meal, I noticed that the sun had almost completely set, reducing the spirits outside and increasing the shadows. Just then an enormous roar shook the ground and I saw a huge burst red flames bellowing in the distance. Juding by the color and the nature of the flames I could tell they were dragon fire, which meant the vistor the spirits told me about had arrived and she was mad. Well unless she came my way with that fury, I wasn't any of my concern. But anyways, it was time to end the day and I made my way up the stairs to the second floor. After a quick rinse in the bathroom I returned to cot in my bedromm and laid down. I briefly wondered whether I would be having dreams of light, or nightmares of darkness while I slept. But as I lost concinous, I knew that my dreams would torment me no matter what they were.
"Wolf Wars"
Akuhyou
Legendary
Legendary
---Unknown

Post by Akuhyou »

Akka stormed her way into the Gladitorium, head high, chest out, and wings at half-mast. All in all, an impressive sight to behold for most. She cast an eye of scrutiny upon her surroundings as she moved to the counter for registration. "I am here to sign up for the competition! Behold your new champion and tremble before my greatness!" Just as she was a powerful creature, she was also quite vain. The unfortunate person that stood before her didn't quite know what to make of all this but simply went on with things as usual. "Well, you're a new one. Strong looking if a bit ambitious... Right well, first off we need you to get signed in and then I'll show you to your room. You'll be contacted when its time for you to participate in battle. ...Oh um, is your..pet here going to participate as well?"

Destend clenched his teeth, holding back a growl. "I am no pet! I am a naga. And I'll have you know tha--" He was suddenly cut off by Akka as she set out to finish the statement for him. "He's my...partner of sorts.. He won't be participating though, considering if the rumors I've heard of the warriors here are true, I couldn't afford the distraction of protecting him." Destend made no remark to her words and simply remained silent. Truthfully, he was hurt by her statement. Obviously she thought he couldn't hold his own in a fight, probably because of his blindness. 'I ought to sign myself up for this stupid fight just to prove her wrong.. Like I can't handle myself around a few humans.."

Once Akka had been signed up, they were both shown to their room. After their guide had left Akka did a quick check around the room, found nothing of suspicion and proceeded to rip the hay from one of the mattresses and make herself a bed in the far corner of the room. Destend, who was still in a sullen mood simply curled up on his own bed and feigned sleep. "I'm tired so I'm going to bed now. Try not to bother me, would you?" Akka briefly wondered what it was that had him so sulky but that thought was lost by a sudden pang of gnawing hunger. She needed to find something to eat. Preferably now. "Very well.. Sleep. I shall return later." She got up from her new bed and stalked out of the room in search of food. She had caught the scent of horses earlier in the day and figured no one would miss one or two..
-Proverb

-unknown
3-17-10 R.I.P. Anthony
DWDruid
Legendary
Legendary

Post by DWDruid »

After only a few hours of rest, I fitfully woke from my slumber. I was suprised, instead of the sickly-sweet dreams of the spirits or the shadow-infested nightmares I usually got, this dream was quite different. It began with eleven almost completely identical figures wearing long brown cloaks were surronding me, everything about them was mysterious and I could even tell if they were a danger to me or not. The figure straight ahead of me then stepped foreward a brought his hand before him, as in offering or something. But before anyone else could react, the cloaked figures were replaced by an inferno of bright unnatural dragon fire, from which I could see two large green eyes burning with an undescribable rage within them. As terrifying as the dream would seem to most people, I myself wasn't afraid at all. I...I wasn't sure how I felt about, a sort of...exitment, I think? I shook my head to clear the lingering drowiness of sleep, it was too early to ponder such dreams. Besides, I had to go to the fights today.

After my quick morning routine of a shower and a small breakfast. As I left my home, I noticed that the sun had yet to rise and that it probable wouldn't for a couple more hours. With some time to kill before the fights, I bagan to contemplate my current situation. The battles were getting more popular, attracting more people, and more trouble. The dragon from yesterday was proof that they were drawing in a dangerous crowd. In the near future, it would be wise of me to finalize a real escape plan. I had money and provisions stored away for easy use, but what I really needed was transportation. I could always travel through the shadows, but it was uncomfortable and dangerous to do so for long trips. I would need something fast, versitile, and easy to control. With these goals in mind, I headed for the stables.

"What do you want at this ungodly hour!" cried the stable boy through the door's latch. Apparently it would have been easier smarter to come later in the day during regular hours, but some things just can't be put off. "Tell the stablemaster that I wish to purchase a horse." I replied. Te young man kept looking at me in disbelief and again screamed "Look pal, the master is asleep just like everybody else! Why don't you come back when we are open!?" His constant yelling was beginning to irritate me so before I lost control I said back to find, "Just do one thing for me. Tell your master who I am and he'll let me in." He rolled his eyes and submitted, "Fine then, who the hell are you?" "Tell your master, it's The Eclipse." I answered, using my gladiator name.

The anger in his eyes are quickly replaced by fear and he huried into the building. Sometimes, all you needed was a gruesome reputation in the ring, and people become willing to bend a few rules for you. After only a few moments, an older gentleman came to the door. His work with animals showed in his large arms, and his success showed in his protruding belly. He began to stumble in his movements and his words "M-m-mr. Eclipse s-sir! Please excuse the rudeness of my..." I held up a hand to silence him, "If it would please you, I'd rather we get to business and finish quickly. "Of course, of course, of course, Mr. Eclipse right this way." He lead me into the main stable, where the horse were as strong as the stench. "Now, what kind of animal are you searching for?" he asked me. "Something strong, fast, can handle a heavy load, and with high stamina for long travel. The best you've got, at whatever price is fair." He raised his eyebrows in surprise and I could sense his desire for gold almost overflowing from his soul. "Well my best, and most expensive, beast would have to be Shadow here." indicating a pen to his left. Inside was the probably the perfect example of a stallion. Large, with powerful muscle all over his oversized legs, with a pure black coat that gleamed in the stable master's lantern. I knew in an instant that if the worst was to happen, this was the beast I would want with me. The stable master's asking price was high enough to make a king think twise about purchasing the animal. It would take almost my entire hoarded worth and might force me to double my time at the fights to make up. "Well, what do you say my friend?" asked the stable master, with the gleam of greedy pleasure in his eyes. A minute of careful thinking and I replied, "I'll take him."
"Wolf Wars"
Akuhyou
Legendary
Legendary
---Unknown

Post by Akuhyou »

Akka followed the scent of horses down to the stables, her growling stomach and the strong smell blocking out any thoughts other than needing to feed. She paused a moment, hearing voices within but brushed it aside without a second thought. Stepping inside, she found a boy and considered making a meal of him but shrugged it off. She didn't care to have to pick around the small bones, not to mention he was a bit thin to even bother with in the first place. There was a portly man not far from him, she figured he had to be the stable master. And another, she couldn't quite tell what the creature was but she was too hungry to bother with caring. She made a sound that could be likened to the sound of someone clearing their throat and raised her head. "I have come for one of your horses. Feel honoured that I seek to sate my hunger here. And no, you need not know my name."

Akka stepped closer then walked by, not particularly caring if anyone spoke or not so long as she got what she wanted. She paused and studied the horse Crep had just purchased. She moved closer, sending the animal into a panic and causing it to buck and rear in its attempt to get away. She sneered and then turned away, leaving the horse to do as it pleased as she looked among the others for a suitable meal. "Eugh.. What manner of beasts are you raising here? Over-muscled creatures..." She muttered more to herself than anything, and didn't much care that there were others there with her.
-Proverb

-unknown
3-17-10 R.I.P. Anthony
Thunderclaw
Game Master
Game Master

Post by Thunderclaw »

A bright light awoke a slightly disgruntled mage as the door to his carriage was opened.
"We're here, sir."
"That's great, but next time, please knock first."

The mage clambered out of the carriage on to the foot of the Gladitorium. Kamon Kheel, the well-renowned mage who created the first Demongate, a powerful seal that separates the demon's realm from that of mortals, had finally given in to his student's constant yabbering, suggesting he should enter. Of course, he wasn't using his real name. Kadmon Xandrake was what he would go by here. As far as most people knew, Kamon was dead, and he was going to stay that way. The world didn't need to know, so he'd bound all word of this; not even the shadows, whom only a few would be able to see anyways, would be able to tell. Only if he or his apprentice were to say would the secret be revealed.
Striding casually, the old mage entered the Gladitorium.

Thunderclaw:

Surge Aquos:
True power, no emotion

Dusten Aquos:
DWDruid
Legendary
Legendary

Post by DWDruid »

The appeareance of the dragon was surprising, but nothing that I had to worry about. It was only here to feast apond the other horses aparently, I guess it couldn't control its animal instincts very well. A lack of such willpower made dragons nothing but simple beasts in my mind, just like the horses that currently surronded me. As shadow began to panic, I made sure to quickly erase the animal's fear with a passing of my hand over its eyes. As I lead him out of the stable, I looked around and found the dragon still searching for a quick meal as the stablemaster cowered in the corner. As my business here was over, I decided to take my leave.

I was at the door why a felt a pressece coming from behind me. As I turned, I spotted the dragon's shadow approaching me. As it reached me it embraced my legs like a lost child to its mother and began to whisper uncontrollably. Even a wave of my hand would only stall theshadow instead of completely dispelling it. The dragon must have done some terrible crimes in her past to have such a dark and persistent shadow. I tried my best to ignore the desperete shadow, but I couldn't hlp myself from hearing s few words such as "...RAge,...Murder,..Anger,..Hunegr,...Death..." While these words were horible, but common among dark souls like this dragon, some new words came up that were different and very interesting. I could help myself as repeated them out loud in a whisper, "Akka Rokuru and Destend?"
"Wolf Wars"